Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - Wakanda Forever! #RECAST T'CHALLA!  (Read 821603 times)

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - Wakanda Forever! Rumors and Innuendo...
« Reply #3600 on: November 14, 2021, 11:59:10 am »
For those that will still see the film and are fans of the other MCU characters, I hope this direction is successful. I also hope that everything gets ironed out with Letitia Wright, because her Shuri has many, many fans.
I will not be wishing for anyoneís downfall.

For me, ĎBlack Panther 2í may now simply join the long list of other comic based (or otherwise) films that were not intended for me, not targeting me, and Iím fine with that. I wasnít sure the first one was going to be for me, but I was pleasantly surprised when it went above and beyond my expectations.
These companies try to reach as broad an audience as they can, and with that ever expanding net, some of us are going to slip through. Then sometimes youíll get a narrowed approach like the Snyder-Verse, and still end up alienating people with my taste in storytelling.

Anyway, unless the trailer for ĎWakanda Foreverí presents a variant TíChalla that singes my eyebrows off, Iíll be disconnecting from the entire Disney conglomerate.

I guess for me I am more bitter about it due to how they are going about it which is why I don't care of it bombs and low key hope it does. Chadwick fight Cancer for 4 years to bring T'Challa to the big screen, he was going to turn it down if they had British accents and wanted it to be authentic and African. He put a lot of effort into making sure that this film would do it right. Everyone, fans, crew, other people he worked with, knew he was all about setting up the successor, he wanted to establish T'Challa as somebodys batman or spiderman, he wanted the character to thrive like those and have his story told multiple times over.

He wanted the character to outlive is all, he SAID that in an interview. Feige and everyone was all about how great and important T'Challa was and how critical to the MCU. Then Chad unfortunately passed and all of that stuff went out the window. No more was it "T'Challa is important to the MCU" it became "Wakanda was always the focus and the sequel won't change much without T'Challa so no biggie" for all the Honoring the claim they are trying to profit off his death and erase his presence completely.

They are too sad to recast but 100% fine with continuing on production with his death but have no problem stopping filming with Letitias fiasco, not the injury but the other stuff.

A character and film that was super important to Chad and they think removing everything he did is appropriate and the franchise can continue just fine because after all "Its just a mantle" just put any Black person in there and it's fine, the real draw is Wakanda... They are seeing massive issues already because their Anchor is gone and they don't want to continue what he started, rather milk the franchise and hope for more black dollars. If the Movie succeeds all it is telling them is that black folks are easily replaceable and we don't care as Long as it's Black and they can profit off Black death. They wouldn't do the same thing to Cap, or Tony, or spiderman, Batman etc. They know The actors playing the characters don't own them, so why is it different for T'Challa? Literally the biggest black IP ever and the biggest Black character of all time? 

Hey sexy I can you please post the interview where he said he wanted TíChalla to outlive us all? Because I really need a lot of people to see this so they know that killing off TíChalla ainít it.

Offline BlackClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: November 15, 2021, 11:20:27 am »
Well ever since that interview with Nate Moore Iíve seen a huge increase of people that want a recast. Balls in your court Marvel.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #3602 on: November 15, 2021, 02:05:25 pm »

Y'all remember APEXABYSS? Izzit me, or did some of Coates' artists designs look like some of the stuff APEXABYSS posted here, WELL BEFORE Coates' run hit its stride? Somebody get A to the B and see what he thinks about this...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3603 on: November 16, 2021, 07:30:13 pm »
More from Nate Moore...

"You will not see TíChalla in the MCU/616 universe. We couldn't do it. When Chad passed, it was a real conversation we had with [Ryan] Coogler about, 'What do we do?' It was a fast conversation. It wasn't weeks. It was minutes of we have to figure out how to move that franchise on without that character because I think we all feel so much of TíChalla in the MCU on the screen, not in comics, is tied to Chadwickís performance, is what he brought to that role both on and off screen, I would argue."

"So as hard as it is narratively to figure out what to do, because thatís a big hole, at no point did we consider recasting. So the challenge for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is telling a story without T'Challa. And I think itís a challenge weíre up for, and obviously weíre in the middle of it and weíre figuring it out, and so far I think what weíre getting is great, but the challenge of the movie, I think, is to entertain people, but there will be a level of I think catharsis in people coming back to this universe without that guy, because that guy and that universe, to me, are one and the same. So as filmmakers and storytellers, you have to figure out how people are gonna feel going into your movie and what you want that movie to say about that guy whoís not going to be in the movie."

TíChalla Wonít Appear In Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Or The MCU Ever Again, And Thereís A Good Reason Why
By Adam Holmes

Weíve seen the last of TíChalla in the MCU.

Following the death of Chadwick Boseman on August 28, 2020, speculation unfolded over whether or not TíChalla would be recast for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. By the end of that year, it was confirmed that a new actor not take over the role Boseman played in four Marvel Cinematic Universe movies, and the following month, it was also made clear the character wouldnít be recreated digitally. Well, it turns out that this decision extends to the rest of the MCU as well, and thereís a good reason why we wonít ever see TíChalla again in the superhero franchise.

It Didn't Take Long To Rule Out Seeing T'Challa In The MCU Again
Marvel Studios producer Nate Moore recently stopped by The Ringer to talk about Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and other MCU movies heís had a hand in developing, like Eternals and Blade. When asked about what itís like handling TíChalla moving forward, specifically balancing the loyalty to his fanbase and the actor who played him with the future of the Black Panther/Wakanda-centric corner of the MCU, Moore answered:

"You will not see TíChalla in the MCU/616 universe. We couldn't do it. When Chad passed, it was a real conversation we had with [Ryan] Coogler about, 'What do we do?' It was a fast conversation. It wasn't weeks. It was minutes of we have to figure out how to move that franchise on without that character because I think we all feel so much of TíChalla in the MCU on the screen, not in comics, is tied to Chadwickís performance, is what he brought to that role both on and off screen, I would argue."

So rather than TíChalla sitting out Black Panther: Wakanda Forever and then being played by another actor later on in the MCU, Avengers: Endgame will mark the last time we ever see this version of the character. It didnít take long for Nate Moore, director/writer Ryan Coogler and the rest of the Wakanda Forever team to decided that because Chadwick Boseman had done so well as TíChalla, it didnít feel appropriate bringing someone new to fill the late actorís shoes.

A T-Challa-less Black Panther 2 Provided A Unique Narrative Challenge

As such, someone else will take over the Black Panther mantle for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, and while Marvel hasnít revealed yet who that someone will be, the logical assumption has been it will be Letitia Wrightís Shuri, TíChallaís sister who was briefly Black Panther in the comics. Itís also unclear how TíChallaís fate will be addressed in the sequel, but Nate Moore added that the characterís absence required the filmmakers to think outside the box to deliver a compelling story for moviegoers. In his words:

"So as hard as it is narratively to figure out what to do, because thatís a big hole, at no point did we consider recasting. So the challenge for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is telling a story without T'Challa. And I think itís a challenge weíre up for, and obviously weíre in the middle of it and weíre figuring it out, and so far I think what weíre getting is great, but the challenge of the movie, I think, is to entertain people, but there will be a level of I think catharsis in people coming back to this universe without that guy, because that guy and that universe, to me, are one and the same. So as filmmakers and storytellers, you have to figure out how people are gonna feel going into your movie and what you want that movie to say about that guy whoís not going to be in the movie."

Along with Letitia Wright, Black Panther: Wakanda Foreverís other familiar faces will include Lupita Nyongío, Danai Gurira, Winston Duke, Angela Bassett and Martin Freeman, and Dominque Thorne will also debut as Riri Williams ahead of leading Disney+ís Ironheart series. I May Destroy You creator/star Michaela Cole has been cast in an undisclosed role, and it was once rumored that Narcos: Mexico actor Tenoch Huerta came aboard to play Namor the Sub-Mariner. Earlier this month, production shut down reportedly due to Wright still recovering from an injury she suffered back in late August.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is now set to arrive on November 11, 2022. Our upcoming Marvel movies guide is available to those of you curious about what else the MCU is prepping for theaters, and you can watch most of the past MCU movies on Disney+.

https://www.cinemablend.com/superheroes/tchalla-wont-appear-in-black-panther-wakanda-forever-or-the-mcu-ever-again-and-theres-a-good-reason-why

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3604 on: November 16, 2021, 11:04:13 pm »
Chadwick Boseman had this to say...

Chadwick Boseman Gets Emotional About Black Panther's Cultural Impact
https://youtu.be/6J-D86wfxiE

Chadwick Boseman Talks Black Panther
https://youtu.be/f6p9L_-Nfwg

Offline BlackClaw

• View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: November 16, 2021, 11:29:35 pm »
It took mere minutes to decide. Yep definitely a knee jerk reaction.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: November 18, 2021, 09:44:06 am »
Never ďNeverĒ having TíChalla appear in the MCU again is wrong and Iíd sooner see the MCU replaced with another iteration that could include a new TíChalla.

No Peace,

Mont

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: November 19, 2021, 09:39:51 am »
ĎBlack Panther: Wakanda Foreverí Begins Production Hiatus As Letitia Wright Continues To Recover From Her On Set Injuries

http://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/black-panther-wakanda-forever-begins-154918585.html

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: November 19, 2021, 01:33:57 pm »
Never ďNeverĒ having TíChalla appear in the MCU again is wrong and Iíd sooner see the MCU replaced with another iteration that could include a new TíChalla.

No Peace,

Mont

This is why I wish we could upvote posts.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3609 on: November 19, 2021, 05:40:34 pm »
'#RecastTchalla' Continues To Trend On Twitter As Journalist Claims Chadwick Boseman Wanted People To 'See The Role And Not See Me'
By Melanie Weir

After the MCU VP of Development, Nate Moore, announced on the Ringer-Verse Podcast last week that they would not be recasting T'Challa in the next Black Panther film, or for the foreseeable future, there were a lot of polarized reactions from fans.

Moore said:
"I will say the chances that you see T'Challa in our -- I'm not hedging my bets, I'm being quite honest -- T'Challa -- you will not see T'Challa in The MCU in the 616 Universe. We couldn't do it."

This announcement sent fans on Twitter into a frenzy, and #RecastTChalla quickly began trending, followed by a petition to recast the character.

Tíchallaís Dreamboat🙅🏾‍♀️
@marvelheaux
How tf mcu fans are saying ďlong live the kingĒ and saying not recast Tíchalla at the same time??? LikeÖare you not getting it ??? Itís a big contradiction. #RecastTChalla

Richard Newby
@RICHARDLNEWBY

Nov 10
Iíve always been on the fence about recasting TíChalla because Bosemanís death was so sudden and tragic and it felt insensitive. Characters are bigger than actors sure, but I also donít want actors to just be interchangeable plugs. But Iíd like to see the character again one day.

Richard Newby
@RICHARDLNEWBY
Part of me wishes that production on a sequel to Black Panther was just held off for 2-3 years so people had time to grieve, and then return to the character. I also think TíChalla is too important a role model for Black boys to never see again.

Lonely Abandoned Beagle
@AbandonedLizard

Nov 10
Replying to
@RICHARDLNEWBY
They shouldíve cancelled Black Panther 2. No offense, but a Black Panther sequel without Chadwick Boseman is as disrespectful as a DCEU without Ray Fisherís Cyborg.

T'Challa: The Black Panther facts
@Ekie0
It has never been a story about the cat suit or the mantle. It started with him. Wakanda started with him and he represents Wakanda. He was created in 1966 to represent black excellence BEFORE it was a catch phrase. Before positive heros that looked like us were in M.S. media.

The main issue is that there really is no clear right answer to this question: Does the MCU preserve the legacy of an incomparable an actor as Chadwick Boseman, possibly taking away a character that has quickly become a cultural touchstone, or do they simply spin the story off in some way and introduce a new, similar hero, preserving the legacy but effectively killing T'Challa?

Some have wished that they could simply ask Boseman what he would have wanted - and yesterday, they sort of got their wish, when journalist Rowland Martin said this on his show:

"It's always tough when we lose someone that we greatly respected, but the value of the work really means that they live forever. And that was one of the things that when Chadwick Boseman and I were texting - this was April last year, he had been ill, people were commenting on his weight loss - and he said to me... 'I want them to see the role and not see me.' He said, 'That is the job of an actor. Where it's not about me, it's about the role, and people remember the role.'"

It's not necessarily a clear directive, but the tone of that quotation has led many to believe that even Chadwick Boseman himself would have wanted the role of T'Challa recast after he died.

E-Man's Movie Reviews - #RecastTChalla
@EmansReviews
I started the #RecastTChalla petition because Chadwick wanted us to see the role. He believed it was bigger than him (via
@rolandsmartin
). If he believed the role was so important, then it shouldn't be stopped forever.

👉🏿: http://change.org/RecastTChalla

This is certainly not a decision the result of which will be oppressive, and there is no hint of prejudice or malice from anyone involved - but this is still a case where a Black superhero is being treated differently than a white one would be. If something had happened to Chris Evans or Mark Ruffalo early on in their movie series, their roles would have been recast so that the series could continue the way it was planned. It is the nature of show business for those involved to simply say, "the show must go on."

That being said, it is also very possible that the reason for this hesitancy to recast is even more human than any of the critics are thinking. It's possible that the casting and production team is simply too saddened by Boseman's passing to consider having to film a whole movie with another man in his shoes. Though their petitions are impassioned and their pleas are well-backed, fans may be forgetting that the producers may simply not be able to emotionally handle the recasting process at this time, on top of the emotional investment that must go into making a movie as big and beloved as this. They are, after all, human.

The show may have to go on - but if it is going to result in actual pain for the production team, the movie will inevitably suffer for it. If they must wait, they should wait - but to never recast T'Challa, everyone seems to agree, would be a mistake.

https://www.enstarz.com/articles/223242/20211116/recasttchalla-twitter-rowland-martin-chadwick-boseman-tchalla-recast-tchalla.htm

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - Wakanda Forever! Rumors and Innuendo... Twitter Speaks!
« Reply #3610 on: November 21, 2021, 12:19:54 pm »
(From Eman's Movie Reviews):

Marvel Boss Doubles Down on NOT Recasting T'Challa - My Response

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0_z2om9NeY

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - Wakanda Forever! Rumors and Innuendo... Twitter Speaks!
« Reply #3611 on: November 30, 2021, 04:14:46 am »
This dumb idea to kill TChalla because of one actor is so illogical and emotional over hard facts.  Bluntly this movie franchise is going to bomb without TChalla- no passes.

His side characters are not strong enough to carry a film and if one of the Bat Man 10 plus actors died they would instantly replace him - no debate.

Movie will never make a billion again without TChalla.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - Wakanda Forever!
« Reply #3612 on: December 11, 2021, 05:22:54 am »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - Wakanda Forever!
« Reply #3613 on: December 13, 2021, 04:29:03 am »
Despite Rumors, Black Panther 2 Will Resume Production With Letitia Wright

http://www.cbr.com/black-panther-2-letitia-wright-not-leaving-mcu/