Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - BP2 Wakanda Forever... Footage Released at CinemaCon  (Read 888643 times)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - Wakanda Forever!
« Reply #3615 on: December 13, 2021, 08:45:44 am »
I got an answer request for this but I'm stumped:

https://www.quora.com/If-you-are-in-favor-of-eventually-recasting-T-Challa-like-I-am-what-creative-movie-script-would-you-write-to-recast-TChalla-and-still-be-respectful-and-honorable-to-Chadwick-Boseman-s-legacy

Perhaps the best way to do it would be to carry on as if nothing had happened (in the real world). Absent that, now that Loki has introduced the multiverse, and I imagine we are going to get it in overdrive in Spider-Man: No Way Home, a variant of T'Challa could work as well. Personally I would like to see a version more like Christopher Priest (and for now John Ridley). I think the MCU might lack some political thrillers in the future and Black Panther/Captain America/Black Widow is that corner to explore some of those issues IMO. A more Machiavellian/warrior king T'Challa could be the person for those kind of stories.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: December 13, 2021, 09:02:04 am »

https://www.quora.com/If-you-are-in-favor-of-eventually-recasting-T-Challa-like-I-am-what-creative-movie-script-would-you-write-to-recast-TChalla-and-still-be-respectful-and-honorable-to-Chadwick-Boseman-s-legacy

Perhaps the best way to do it would be to carry on as if nothing had happened (in the real world). Absent that, now that Loki has introduced the multiverse, and I imagine we are going to get it in overdrive in Spider-Man: No Way Home, a variant of T'Challa could work as well. Personally I would like to see a version more like Christopher Priest (and for now John Ridley). I think the MCU might lack some political thrillers in the future and Black Panther/Captain America/Black Widow is that corner to explore some of those issues IMO. A more Machiavellian/warrior king T'Challa could be the person for those kind of stories.

That actually kind of works.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: December 13, 2021, 09:57:03 am »
Best way to honor Chad would be to continue his story, they could do like they did on the first where Coogler wrote "I love you mom" on the habit in the lab scene. Do a tribute to Chad that can be in there without actually killing T'Challa. Like the throne room scene that was leaked but DONT actually kill T'Challa? Name something in the movie after him (like how Jason Aaron named the Wakandan helicarrier the C.Boseman) there are MANY ways to respect Chad that doesn't require T'Challas death 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 07:56:31 pm by Ezyo »

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: December 13, 2021, 04:43:38 pm »
Totally agree Ezyo and love the idea of embedding a tribute to Chadwick!

I still maintain they could do this in keeping with what has already been established. Keep BP2 World of Wakanda largely as is, removing any inference to T’Challa’s death and reintroduce him in mid a post credit scenes a la CJP’s “The Client” first shaking down thugs/informants and then in the post credit reveal intro Luke Charles. I guess this all just makes too much sense though!?!

Ugh!

Mont

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: December 13, 2021, 08:04:51 pm »
Yeah, this is such a short sighted and knee jerk reaction that's going to have long lasting effects that can really damage the franchise. Shame on Marvel for not having the tact to give the Crew time to actually grieve and immediately jumped on the whole "what we doing with the movie" when we are still in a pandemic and they acted like they were going to keep the same release date when they hadn't even started filming or anything.

I just hope SOMEONE up top has had the presence of mind to not just let Coogler completely take the reigns and not have any oversight to cause long lasting damage whole racked with grief. I HOPE they are smarter than that and don't think people will just eat up whatever they throw out 

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: December 14, 2021, 12:03:22 am »
Seeing more and more people coming around to the idea of a recast. What a difference a year makes.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: December 14, 2021, 03:29:58 am »
I'm one of those people who came around to the recast idea. Though going with Shuri (or Kasper Cole) as Black Panther does fit the comics' storyline, and for Shuri especially can also be an organic move-and not feel shoehorned in-it's these conversations, and to a lesser extent the advocacy of E Man's Movie Reviews that changed my mind. I was looking at it too inside the comics' world, and not considering the real world implications of taking T'Challa off the board and what that could mean for little black boys and girls to not have this character around anymore.

Granted, there are still black male heroes in the MCU, but none are on T'Challa's level, and none have that greater Diasporic connection. Many are stepping into white men's shoes like Falcon as Captain America or Rhodey as War Machine, or they are kept street level like Luke Cage. Nick Fury has also been put in the background and made sort of the comic relief in the Captain Marvel movie. There's even less options when you look at the DCEU or DC films, with no black heroes-male or female-at present on their big screens. Doubtful we will see Ray Fisher as Cyborg again, and I'm doubting they'll even recast that role for the Flash film. There's The Rock's Black Adam (an antihero at best) and Aldis Hodge's Hawkman (we'll see how much screentime and development he gets), but that film is not out yet to really be in the conversation as something you can judge and compare to other depictions of black men.

On the small screen Luke Cage and Falcon were the saving graces, so there's that. However, Falcon had to share billing with Winter Soldier and wasn't necessarily the boss on his series, but he did come across better than I thought he would. Luke Cage owned his two seasons better, though he had much lower stakes as well. I never finished Agents of Shield but Mack seemed mostly to be a solid supporting character and that was mostly it. And Deathlok was barely used. Tripp died early on Shield and to my knowledge was never resurrected. Didn't watch enough Cloak and Dagger to get a read on Cloak (same with the brother with the hooves on Inhumans), but the kid on Runaways often seemed to get challenged too much for my taste, despite him being the supposed genius intellect. Not MCU, but I would be remiss to leave out the short-lived Blade: The Series, though that show was hamstrung by taking the focus off Blade for a white female character, Krista. Black females have actually fared worse than black men so far in the MCU-on big and small screens (gritting my teeth at the treatment of the Rambeaus thus far)-but that's a different conversation.

DC is better on the small screen mostly because of Black Lightning. Despite my issues with it, the series did give us four seasons of a show headlined by a black male hero. The rest of the black male characters on DC television can leave a lot to be desired. It's just a lot of supporting characters, black best friend kind of characters.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I was pleased with how they handled Steel on Superman & Lois
and Cyborg on Doom Patrol (I've only seen the first season), was mostly pleased with Diggle but less with Mr. Terrific on Arrow, was disappointed with James Olsen on Supergirl and so far Batwing has been mostly underwhelming on Batwoman. Had no major issues with Kid Flash and Impulse, though I wish they had gone with the Jason Rusch Firestorm.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Dr. Manhattan didn't do much in the Watchmen series but take abuse and then give his powers away.
Black women are faring better on DC television (Batwoman, Sister Night, Starfire, Blackfire, Vixen, Thunder, Lightning, Dr. Mid-Nite, X/S, Cecile, Guardian, Lyta-Zod) while being almost nonexistent thus far in the films, even more than Marvel, with just Black Canary to put up against Shuri, Okoye, Nakia,  Ayo, and the other Dora Milaje.

I don't look at enough animation, definitely Marvel animation to judge how black characters are depicted in that medium. It might be better for black males and females. Blade did get an anime series and Black Panther also got a short animated series back in the day.  On the DC side, with which I'm more familiar, they are mostly supporting characters, outside of Static who headlined a series and Vixen who also starred in a webseries.

Cynically I was also thinking that changing to Shuri was just going with where Disney wanted to go all along, pushing black men to the side for black women. I think the first Black Panther film had already started that process, parceling out T'Challa's skills, and Ta-Nehisi Coates and his confederates in the comics' world were already sidelining him while putting female characters forward, creating a zero sum game where none need existed. Mr. Boseman's death provided Disney with the opportunity to put this plan into overdrive and do so under the guise, or the genuine grief, over Chadwick Boseman's untimely passing. They could "honor" him by crystallizing (though ultimately burying in amber) his legacy. And they could be seen as the caring, good guys for it.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 04:34:31 am by Emperorjones »

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #3622 on: December 14, 2021, 08:19:08 am »

Brother Ture? Do you want to take a swing at this first? Or should I? Or should we?

You know who could completely crush this question solo? While in a coma? And paralyzed? Plus brain dead?

REDJACK. THE GUY WHO SHOULD BE WRITING OUR CURRENT BP COMIC SERIES. Redjack isn't getting the call for the 616 BP because he's exactly the right man for the job. Marvel's making sure they don't mess around and put a CJP or R to the H on BP now that he's literally the hottest solo superhero in history. Disney is not stupid. They know that now is a time of extreme peril for the Racist Feudalist worldwide superstructure, and that we Afrikans could arise and retake our position as the foremost power in the world...with the immediate emancipation of all oppressed and repressed groups [ that aren't nutcases like Satanists etc ], and actual equality and liberation for all being int he genuine offing. Such a reality would introduce to the masses of the world...regardless of nationality, race, religion, age, etc...the overwhelming truth about how thoroughly and comprehensively the Racist Feudalist soulless corporate superstructure has enslaved us all [ but we Afrikans most of all ], and the masses will never. Ever. EVER. Return to what we now recognize as the current world we live in. T'Challa and Wakanda...far moreso than Shuri and Wakanda or [ anybody else but T'Challa ] and Wakanda...embodies and encourages this reality in ways nobody else can hope to rival, much less equal or surpass. This is most espeeecially dangerous in continental Afrika, which holds the literal hope and the future of not just humanity but the entire planet, within its venerable venerated unique and magical borders. Were we to rise and unite our people there and simultaneously unite and solidify worldwide? The revolution-evolution would be complete and utterly irreversible. Instantly.

That's why they feared and hated on R to the H BP faaarrrrr more than any BP before or since. That's why they won't let Redjack near BP, or Brother Ture, or even your very own little guy, me...HEF's Supreme Illuminati.

Okay. Now that that's off my chest?

Redjack. Let's see how you might approach the question above, if you please, sir? Hey...does Redjack still come in here?

Brother Ture. Would you start the ball rolling with an overview of your incomparable ideas regarding the above? I will attempt to follow shortly thereafter.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2021, 08:27:50 am by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: December 14, 2021, 12:26:09 pm »
Chadwick Boseman's Brother Voices Approval for Black Panther Petition Asking T'Challa to Be Recast

https://people.com/movies/chadwick-boseman-brother-voices-approval-black-panther-petition-recast-tchalla/

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: December 14, 2021, 12:58:29 pm »
Chadwick Boseman's Brother Voices Approval for Black Panther Petition Asking T'Challa to Be Recast

https://people.com/movies/chadwick-boseman-brother-voices-approval-black-panther-petition-recast-tchalla/

Vindication feels so damn good!

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: December 15, 2021, 09:06:48 am »

Offline Gessela

• View Profile
    • Gessela Studios
« Reply #3626 on: December 15, 2021, 10:22:32 am »
Salute to Eman.
ግሥላ = Panther

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #3627 on: December 15, 2021, 10:33:49 am »

Vindication feels so damn good!

It curls the toes with the feelz good, don't it?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3628 on: December 16, 2021, 08:28:02 pm »

Brother Ture? Do you want to take a swing at this first? Or should I? Or should we?

You know who could completely crush this question solo? While in a coma? And paralyzed? Plus brain dead?

REDJACK. THE GUY WHO SHOULD BE WRITING OUR CURRENT BP COMIC SERIES. Redjack isn't getting the call for the 616 BP because he's exactly the right man for the job. Marvel's making sure they don't mess around and put a CJP or R to the H on BP now that he's literally the hottest solo superhero in history. Disney is not stupid. They know that now is a time of extreme peril for the Racist Feudalist worldwide superstructure, and that we Afrikans could arise and retake our position as the foremost power in the world...with the immediate emancipation of all oppressed and repressed groups [ that aren't nutcases like Satanists etc ], and actual equality and liberation for all being int he genuine offing. Such a reality would introduce to the masses of the world...regardless of nationality, race, religion, age, etc...the overwhelming truth about how thoroughly and comprehensively the Racist Feudalist soulless corporate superstructure has enslaved us all [ but we Afrikans most of all ], and the masses will never. Ever. EVER. Return to what we now recognize as the current world we live in. T'Challa and Wakanda...far moreso than Shuri and Wakanda or [ anybody else but T'Challa ] and Wakanda...embodies and encourages this reality in ways nobody else can hope to rival, much less equal or surpass. This is most espeeecially dangerous in continental Afrika, which holds the literal hope and the future of not just humanity but the entire planet, within its venerable venerated unique and magical borders. Were we to rise and unite our people there and simultaneously unite and solidify worldwide? The revolution-evolution would be complete and utterly irreversible. Instantly.

That's why they feared and hated on R to the H BP faaarrrrr more than any BP before or since. That's why they won't let Redjack near BP, or Brother Ture, or even your very own little guy, me...HEF's Supreme Illuminati.

Okay. Now that that's off my chest?

Redjack. Let's see how you might approach the question above, if you please, sir? Hey...does Redjack still come in here?

Brother Ture. Would you start the ball rolling with an overview of your incomparable ideas regarding the above? I will attempt to follow shortly thereafter.

Thanks for the hand off Supreme Illuminati. That was an impassioned piece of writing my friend. I'm working on some work-arounds with regards to doing something more in alignment with the kind of Black Panther we want to see using what the MCU has already given us. I want to post that as a kind of "detailed answer" to the question: If you are in favor of eventually recasting T’Challa like I am, what creative movie script would you write to recast T'Challa and still be respectful and honorable to Chadwick Boseman’s legacy? I hope to have it up soon.

I will say this however, there is very little if anything one can do to disrespect Chadwick Boseman’s legacy if T'Challa the Black Panther is cinematically done using modified interpretations of Priest and Hudlin as templates; a little Liss and Aaron for additional content; Geoffrey Thorne as a showrunner and writer (ask Redjack to bring Zach Craley with him) and try to find some new talent with the grit and rectitude to write and produce like a Dwayne McDuffie.

Reach back to McGregor and give Killmonger one of his greatest quotes. It starts with "If we lost time..."

Go back to Priest to give T'Challa some attitude... one of his defining moments.

Throw in a quotable."We will have an understanding..."

I hope this gives some inkling to how I would start the conversation to answer that all too pertinent question.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3629 on: December 16, 2021, 09:53:56 pm »
REPORT: Black Panther 2 Gives Killmonger a New Role in the MCU
A new report suggests Michael B. Jordan will return as Killmonger in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever with a new and more cooperative role.

BY JESSICA ANDREWS

Killmonger may have chosen death over bondage in Black Panther, but a new report suggests he will return in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever with an entirely new role. According to a report by ScreenGeek, Killmonger will return for Wakanda Forever in the Ancestral Plane, serving as a mentor to a "young hero." Although the report does not explain who the young hero is, fans have created theories based on the location of Killmonger's reunion.

The Ancestral Plane is a different dimension, where souls are able to exist outside of their bodies after death in Wakandan folklore. In Black Panther, both T'Challa and Killmonger were able to visit their deceased fathers in the Ancestral Plane after eating the heart-shaped herb and being buried in ritualistic sand. As such, some fans believe he will likely make an appearance for one of his relatives and potentially a new Black Panther.

After the passing of Chadwick Boseman, Marvel Studios announced it will not recast T'Challa in the upcoming sequel. This has sparked rumors that the studio will find a new Black Panther, with many assuming the mantle will be passed on to his sister Shuri. Others believe it may be Nakia and Okoye.

Since Shuri is Killmonger's cousin, she could potentially see him in the Ancestral Plane if she actually partakes in the Black Panther ritual. Shuri also fits the description of a "young hero" who could potentially seek Killmonger's mentorship after seeing a divided Wakanda fight each other on how to position the nation amongst the rest of the world.

Although the report has yet to be confirmed by other outlets, it falls in line with other reports and rumors suggesting Michael B. Jordan will return to play Killmonger once again. In 2019, Angela Bassett spoke about Wakanda Forever at the Screen Actors Guild Awards and revealed that everyone would be back, with her husband Courtney B. Vance calling out Jordan. Bassett also noted that no one actually saw Killmonger go into the ocean.

Wakanda Forever started filming in June but went on hiatus in November due to an injury Letitia Wright sustained on the set. Production is expected to resume in January 2022 with Wright back on set. Directed and co-written by Ryan Coogler, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is slated to release on Nov. 11, 2022.

https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-2-killmonger-mcu-role/

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more