Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER WAKANDA FOREVER  (Read 976486 times)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - BP2 Wakanda Forever... PLOT LEAKED!!!
« Reply #3690 on: June 25, 2022, 02:03:42 pm »
Yeah I agree. What they are forgetting are the word being sold by the cast. Martin said it, Winston said it. There's a gap without Chad.
Dania said Coogler is telling a harrowing tale. Harrowing definition: acutely distressing.

So how is this supposed to honor Chad! How is this supposed to uplift people and Keep then coming back to bask in black excellence when the stuff above are what cast members have to say about the movie? No one is going to want to watch a depressing story over and over again.

We have enough depressing stuff happening in real life to black folks and now they want the ONLY billion dollar headlining Black led film to now replicate real life and kill a larger than life character because the actor who fought through cancer to bring him to life passed? The same guy who wanted people to see the character and not him?

The man who refused to have Wakandans speaking with a British accent. The man who turned down endorsements that would of had negative influence on young black boys. The man who's own family has said multiple times that he would want a Recast...

THIS is how they choose to honor him? Within MINUTES by Snake Moores own words they decided there was no recast, weeks after his passing and less than 3 months after it they are announcing to the world no Recast, and then trying to retrofit that Wakanda was always the focus and the story won't change much because this was always the path of the sequel to focus on Wakanda and Cooglers script would only have minor changes (which was a lie because Bassett siad the script changed 6 times and Coogler himself said at the time of the announcement that he hadn't even really started the script)? Ontop of all the revisionist history happening as of late  most notably the recent podcast about BP? It's disgusting  and this needs to blow up in their face if they actually kill him off 

What was said in the recent BP podcast?

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: June 26, 2022, 07:12:09 am »
it was basically a shade fest by a bunch of writers, Evan Narcisse, Ridley, Jesse Holland, even Hudlin had a disappointing bit in there. Just then talking about how it's Shuris turn to be BP and that she can tell stories that T'Challa can't and how T'Challa is soft and Shuri is more Badass Essentially.

Hudlin had a bit in there about Shuri in his run was supposed to be smarter than T'Challa ( indication of that). And other I think it was Jesse Holland were saying that they don't know if T'Challa would of beaten Shuri during challenge day (they said some BS excuse about why Shuri didn't get it, some revisionist history nonsense) and that Shuri might be able to beat T'Challa is she was allowed all her tools (whatever that means since it was a tribal fight, and if it weren't T'Challa is just as able to make plans on plans but do it better).

Then they had a bit about how Storm is a better H2H fighter than T'Challa... It's just revisionist nonsense that can ALL be debunked with a simple wiki search, but they spout it with such confidence.
You can listen to it here

https://mobile.twitter.com/Marvel/status/1517601716979519493

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: June 26, 2022, 03:14:03 pm »
it was basically a shade fest by a bunch of writers, Evan Narcisse, Ridley, Jesse Holland, even Hudlin had a disappointing bit in there. Just then talking about how it's Shuris turn to be BP and that she can tell stories that T'Challa can't and how T'Challa is soft and Shuri is more Badass Essentially.

Hudlin had a bit in there about Shuri in his run was supposed to be smarter than T'Challa ( indication of that). And other I think it was Jesse Holland were saying that they don't know if T'Challa would of beaten Shuri during challenge day (they said some BS excuse about why Shuri didn't get it, some revisionist history nonsense) and that Shuri might be able to beat T'Challa is she was allowed all her tools (whatever that means since it was a tribal fight, and if it weren't T'Challa is just as able to make plans on plans but do it better).

Then they had a bit about how Storm is a better H2H fighter than T'Challa... It's just revisionist nonsense that can ALL be debunked with a simple wiki search, but they spout it with such confidence.

Hey Thanks,

From what you've described I don't think I even want to listen to what they are saying. It's like people in entertainment today all read from the same script. Notice how they always describe women as "badass"? And women are better fighters, thinkers, leaders, etc. than men. It's pandering and overcompensation on steroids or estrogen. It's a zero-sum mentality approach where women just can't be good characters in their own right, they often have to knock down a male character as proof of how good or better they are. Men and women both can't be good, it has to be the woman better than the man. And I don't want to even start looking at it through the racial lens.

Also, there's the lack of female accountability. Women aren't really villains, even the ones who would be villains in older stories today are given outs or reasons. It doesn't make for compelling characters that you relate to or root for (which is easy for me to say as a male). But I also wonder how many females find these kind of characters interesting or relatable outside of their representational appeal. Certainly there are some women just happy to see female characters in these spaces and to see powerful female characters. So there's that, but to me, flooding entertainment with these kind of one dimensional "badass" characters will eventually get old and do a disservice to female characters and perhaps even representation when it comes to genre works.

Rey is one of the best examples of what I'm getting at. Daisey Ridley did well with what she was given, but there was very little to the character outside of her representational appeal. And it is notable that most people have moved on from her rather quickly. I don't see even much interest in Star Wars fandom for a Rey series compared to Ahsoka. Ahsoka was also a "badass" character, but one with more complexity and could also be wrong sometimes and held accountable, so I don't put her in the same category as Rey and many of the new badass female characters in cinema today.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 03:16:12 pm by Emperorjones »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3693 on: June 26, 2022, 08:30:27 pm »

Hey Thanks,

From what you've described I don't think I even want to listen to what they are saying. It's like people in entertainment today all read from the same script. Notice how they always describe women as "badass"? And women are better fighters, thinkers, leaders, etc. than men. It's pandering and overcompensation on steroids or estrogen. It's a zero-sum mentality approach where women just can't be good characters in their own right, they often have to knock down a male character as proof of how good or better they are. Men and women both can't be good, it has to be the woman better than the man. And I don't want to even start looking at it through the racial lens.

Also, there's the lack of female accountability. Women aren't really villains, even the ones who would be villains in older stories today are given outs or reasons. It doesn't make for compelling characters that you relate to or root for (which is easy for me to say as a male). But I also wonder how many females find these kind of characters interesting or relatable outside of their representational appeal. Certainly there are some women just happy to see female characters in these spaces and to see powerful female characters. So there's that, but to me, flooding entertainment with these kind of one dimensional "badass" characters will eventually get old and do a disservice to female characters and perhaps even representation when it comes to genre works.

Rey is one of the best examples of what I'm getting at. Daisey Ridley did well with what she was given, but there was very little to the character outside of her representational appeal. And it is notable that most people have moved on from her rather quickly. I don't see even much interest in Star Wars fandom for a Rey series compared to Ahsoka. Ahsoka was also a "badass" character, but one with more complexity and could also be wrong sometimes and held accountable, so I don't put her in the same category as Rey and many of the new badass female characters in cinema today.

This kind of conversation around and about T'Challa the Black Panther screams of desperation, conformity and the need for approval. In other words it has the A.G.E.N.D.A. written all over it. While sad that Chadwick made transition much too early in life it is good he didn't have act in a manner that would further minimize T'Challa's role and impact in the MCU. I would not want to see the Black Panther 2 do to Chadwick what Blade 3 did to Wesley.

I'm trying to avoid speculating on what will happen in BPWF but it if T'Challa the Black Panther has no future in the MCU or Disney+ that means he gets spared all the damage and fallout. The Black Panther already proved what he can do. Even in death it is T'Challa the Black Panther that moviegoers are going to see about and that will make Marvel some money but they will soon experience diminishing returns.

As far as comics go, despite the awful storytelling and poor characterizations fans and enthusiasts alike will not blame T'Challa the Black Panther they will blame the writers. Concerning how great T'Challa is and what his potential is, well we got alot of good comicbooks which means we got plenty of receipts.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: June 27, 2022, 12:43:33 am »
Thinking more about it, there's been tons of one-dimensional male characters (thinking of the action genre) and those movies keep getting churned out, though they aren't guaranteed box office hits these days. With almost all traditional male behavior being redefined as toxic masculinity, so Hollywood seems reluctant or unable to create these kind of male action heroes as consistently as they once did. That said, I don't think the old one-dimensional male characters necessarily brought sermons with them or felt as copycat (for lack of a better word) as I get from the new feminist religion "badass" female characters. Many of these new characters also exhibit traditionally masculine traits/behavior, but because they are females, badass females at that, their actions are not deemed "toxic."

When it comes to BP 2 I can try to take heart that we won't see them tear apart T'Challa more. I will be curious to see how well the movie does. I'm sure it will have a big opening, but who knows if it will reach a billion, much less exceed the take of the first BP film. I'm thinking about the performance of Lightyear right now and how that guaranteed blockbuster is struggling. While BP 2 right now might seem like guaranteed money, if it's not a great film (or even if it is), the changes they make might turn off a lot of viewers. And though that might not affect the BP 2 box office, it might manifest in the third and fourth films losing viewers like how people eventually tired of the Transformers franchise. Then again, even with BP 2, I wonder if the repeat business will be as robust as the first one? I already can imagine the machine will go hard on the Black Girl Magic to promote this film and to bully and shame everyone (especially black males) to go see it and love it. Anything less than embracing the film and walking it down the aisle will be considered hating black women.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 12:45:18 am by Emperorjones »

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: June 27, 2022, 07:24:47 am »

Hey Thanks,

What worse is that when female characters are done well alongside a male protagonist IMMEDIATELY people call for them to replace the male character and take the lead. They want an entire movie dedicated to them and will even go sofar as to put them at odds with the male character which leads to a showdown and the female character wins. Even if it doesn't make any sense.

Look at what's going on with BP. They have 2 D+ shows one of which is for Okoye... That Doesn't make sense because Okoye stays in Wakanda and protects the Royal family. She can't globe trot, and if someone else is in charge, I don't there will be much conflict on Wakanda because I feel they won't want to make it look like a female character can't run Wakanda as well as a male character.

It's frustrating because like you said, instead of having both men and women shine they HAVE to make men inferior. BP side stepped this and yet people were Calling for Shuri to take the mantle from T'Challa on challenge day in the sequel, they wanted Aneka to come to the sequel and for her and Ayo to be at odds with T'Challa to break from the throne. All types of nonsense and everyone, writers of late included, are on the hype train that Shuri is somehow better than T'Challa. Even though nothing shows that to be true what so ever

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3696 on: June 27, 2022, 07:51:52 am »
Thinking more about it, there's been tons of one-dimensional male characters (thinking of the action genre) and those movies keep getting churned out, though they aren't guaranteed box office hits these days. With almost all traditional male behavior being redefined as toxic masculinity, so Hollywood seems reluctant or unable to create these kind of male action heroes as consistently as they once did. That said, I don't think the old one-dimensional male characters necessarily brought sermons with them or felt as copycat (for lack of a better word) as I get from the new feminist religion "badass" female characters. Many of these new characters also exhibit traditionally masculine traits/behavior, but because they are females, badass females at that, their actions are not deemed "toxic."

When it comes to BP 2 I can try to take heart that we won't see them tear apart T'Challa more. I will be curious to see how well the movie does. I'm sure it will have a big opening, but who knows if it will reach a billion, much less exceed the take of the first BP film. I'm thinking about the performance of Lightyear right now and how that guaranteed blockbuster is struggling. While BP 2 right now might seem like guaranteed money, if it's not a great film (or even if it is), the changes they make might turn off a lot of viewers. And though that might not affect the BP 2 box office, it might manifest in the third and fourth films losing viewers like how people eventually tired of the Transformers franchise. Then again, even with BP 2, I wonder if the repeat business will be as robust as the first one? I already can imagine the machine will go hard on the Black Girl Magic to promote this film and to bully and shame everyone (especially black males) to go see it and love it. Anything less than embracing the film and walking it down the aisle will be considered hating black women.

Like all great comic book characters Black Panther will ride the cycles of highs and lows but when Black Panther is done right, close to right or even alright there is magic. T'Challa the Black Panther's defining traits are a double edged sword. Being Afrakan, male, powerful, independent, intelligent, rich, having a good look and a love interest who is the perfect compliment on one side while African American politics, Black history, Afrakan culture and science fiction lie on the other side. While these facets may manifest an undeniably rich content, their complexity can be challenging. Add to the mix the convoluted and sometimes contrasting elements of pop culture, woke politics, feminism (add to that its black subset), afro futurism, and the LGBTQ A.G.E.N.D.A. and the those once pristine waters become muddied.

The first Black Panther film (and apparently his only, though it is still his franchise) had plenty of flaws but it was Coogler's sincerity and Boseman's unflinching integrity that guided production, actors, crew, tech etc. to create a critically acclaimed film that would become a cultural phenomenon and box office juggernaut. That first film, however flawed, successfully combined all the aforementioned traits. Its sequel is gambling on those contrasting elements mentioned above to carry the weight and those elements lack the strength to do such.

Most would agree that Marvel should have delayed release til 2023 to give the cast and director time to mourn and regroup. The necessity of recasting T'Challa the Black Panther to complete his story arc is without question. There is something nefarious about eliminating T'Challa the Black Panther. It is akin to wiping out Tony Stark after The Avengers, something just unthinkable but yet here we are.

There is no way to have a successful Black Panther movie without the Black Panther and there is only one Black Panther. Nuff said!   

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3697 on: June 27, 2022, 08:21:50 am »

Hey Thanks,

What worse is that when female characters are done well alongside a male protagonist IMMEDIATELY people call for them to replace the male character and take the lead. They want an entire movie dedicated to them and will even go sofar as to put them at odds with the male character which leads to a showdown and the female character wins. Even if it doesn't make any sense.

Look at what's going on with BP. They have 2 D+ shows one of which is for Okoye... That Doesn't make sense because Okoye stays in Wakanda and protects the Royal family. She can't globe trot, and if someone else is in charge, I don't there will be much conflict on Wakanda because I feel they won't want to make it look like a female character can't run Wakanda as well as a male character.

It's frustrating because like you said, instead of having both men and women shine they HAVE to make men inferior. BP side stepped this and yet people were Calling for Shuri to take the mantle from T'Challa on challenge day in the sequel, they wanted Aneka to come to the sequel and for her and Ayo to be at odds with T'Challa to break from the throne. All types of nonsense and everyone, writers of late included, are on the hype train that Shuri is somehow better than T'Challa. Even though nothing shows that to be true what so ever

Woke sleeper agents, A.G.E.N.D.A. candidates and Fem-bots are being employed to confuse and undermine the Afrakan centered/Black conscious movement, the LGBTQ's fight for recognition and the legitimacy of the Feminist movement.

This theater of war is entrenched in social media and one of its primary battlegrounds is the MCU with strategic deployment targeting the Black Panther.

It is like watching Hudlin's The Black Panther Animated series if it were made today. Klaw and his army would be replaced with Woke sleeper agents; the Canibal would hosts the A.G.E.N.D.A. candidates and the Fem-bots would be the substitutes for the Deathloks.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: June 27, 2022, 02:17:32 pm »

Hey Thanks,

Even when the female characters might not be that good there are calls to have them replace male characters. And there's declarations that the female characters are the best, the MVPs of basically every genre franchise we grew up with.

There's no way that Disney or Hollywood will even hint that a woman can't run Wakanda as good as a man can. If anything, they'll go in the opposite direction and present a female led Wakanda that is even more utopian and "badass".

I think all this Shuri stanning from the creators is part of the effort to mental/emotional prepare the BP and MCU fandom for Shuri to take over. They are attempting IMO to declare so great, all the time, that differing opinions will only be seen as toxic, sexist, or misogynoir.

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - BP2 Wakanda Forever...
« Reply #3699 on: June 30, 2022, 02:07:43 am »
Itís like Ezyo said on CBR. Between more and more people realizing that recasting makes sense and with the news of Chadwickís estate being only worth $4 million, thereís a real possibility killing off TíChalla will backfire. Hell, if rumors are true Letitia doesnít even want to be the face of the franchise and the films will end setting up TíChallas rumored son to be the BP once he comes of age. Itís just messy all around.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: June 30, 2022, 02:53:29 am »
Itís like Ezyo said on CBR. Between more and more people realizing that recasting makes sense and with the news of Chadwickís estate being only worth $4 million, thereís a real possibility killing off TíChalla will backfire. Hell, if rumors are true Letitia doesnít even want to be the face of the franchise and the films will end setting up TíChallas rumored son to be the BP once he comes of age. Itís just messy all around.

Interesting about Letitia, but I could see her maybe being uneasy about being the face of the franchise and how stifling that could be, especially if it's not something she might want, but at the same time feel obligated to do. It's a double-edged sword because it would be her biggest role, and perhaps her most profitable, but it might also limit her from pursuing or getting other roles as well. Sort of like how Daniel Craig came to resent playing James Bond. Outsiders like me still scratch my head at that, but maybe Letitia has some reservations. 

The very least Disney can do is make sure Chadwick's Boseman's family is set for life. It wouldn't hurt them either to set up a scholarship fund at Howard and his hometown in Boseman's name either.

The issue with the rumored son is that the MCU would need age him quickly, like on a soap opera. It makes little sense to not just have Shuri, or someone else as Black Panther instead, instead of them just playing a regent/protector role for several movies (and that's if the franchise goes that long). The variant option (already established in Loki, No Way Home, and Multiverse of Madness) is the best way to go since they've adamantly said no to recasting. Then give us a different T'Challa. That could be interesting to see how everyone's relationship would change to him, and vice versa. I would love to see a more Christopher Priest take on the character. Too bad Chiwetel Ejiofor, Idris Elba, and Djimon Hounsou got stuck playing relatively bit MCU roles already. Or that Marvel let DC snatch up Aldis Hodge. Hey Disney, Ray Fisher is out there.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 02:56:27 am by Emperorjones »

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: June 30, 2022, 06:11:26 am »
There is still Y'lan Noel who's interested in playing T'Challa, and Damson Idris. They can do action scene's, Y'lan isn't quite 6foot but being 5'10 it's easy enough to adjust. And booth are talented actors.
Boseman said in a interview prior to BP dropping that he wanted a more Priest like take on T'Challa for the franchise so I don't have any doubt he would of taken the character that route had he survived

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: July 01, 2022, 02:23:40 pm »

Interesting about Letitia, but I could see her maybe being uneasy about being the face of the franchise and how stifling that could be, especially if it's not something she might want, but at the same time feel obligated to do. It's a double-edged sword because it would be her biggest role, and perhaps her most profitable, but it might also limit her from pursuing or getting other roles as well. Sort of like how Daniel Craig came to resent playing James Bond. Outsiders like me still scratch my head at that, but maybe Letitia has some reservations. 

The very least Disney can do is make sure Chadwick's Boseman's family is set for life. It wouldn't hurt them either to set up a scholarship fund at Howard and his hometown in Boseman's name either.

The issue with the rumored son is that the MCU would need age him quickly, like on a soap opera. It makes little sense to not just have Shuri, or someone else as Black Panther instead, instead of them just playing a regent/protector role for several movies (and that's if the franchise goes that long). The variant option (already established in Loki, No Way Home, and Multiverse of Madness) is the best way to go since they've adamantly said no to recasting. Then give us a different T'Challa. That could be interesting to see how everyone's relationship would change to him, and vice versa. I would love to see a more Christopher Priest take on the character. Too bad Chiwetel Ejiofor, Idris Elba, and Djimon Hounsou got stuck playing relatively bit MCU roles already. Or that Marvel let DC snatch up Aldis Hodge. Hey Disney, Ray Fisher is out there.

After seeing Doctor Strange 2, I think the best approach to a variant is just to pull a Batman and give him a movie set in his own universe. Because if a variant stays in a universe thatís not their own for too long an incursion will happen. Plus idk how the BP franchise in the main MCU timeline can be salvaged with all the sh*t Iíve been hearing about bp2. And Ray Fisher would make a great Kasper Cole, but thereís no way in hell people would accept a light skinned TíChalla. Lol.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: July 02, 2022, 11:06:47 am »
There are more talented actors that Ray that could dona much better Jonb as T'Challa

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER MOVIES - BP2 Wakanda Forever... We got a pic...Whoa!
« Reply #3704 on: July 02, 2022, 02:04:06 pm »
In 2014, two years before Civil War and four years prior to the solo we got this... .

Now just four months before the release of the sequel, we get these...

We may come to appreciate T'Challa the Black Panther not being around for Wakanda Forever.