Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER MCU - WAKANDA FOREVER - Ture's Review  (Read 1082912 times)

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER WAKANDA FOREVER
« Reply #3795 on: October 11, 2022, 12:32:51 pm »
Black Panther 2 Featurette Celebrates Chadwick Boseman’s Legacy
By Binged Bureau

Marvel Studios has dropped the first featurette of Black Panther: Wakanda Forever. After the record-breaking success of the first film (2018), director Ryan Coogler wanted to see how Chadwick Boseman’s T’Challa would grow as the king and protector of Wakanda in future MCU instalments. Unfortunately, the actor died due to colon cancer in 2020. Many industry experts believed that Marvel could recast the character. However, Kevin Feige confirmed that they would not recast T’Challa and the upcoming sequel would explore the world and honour Boseman’s legacy.

In the featurette, several cast members and the helmer share their experiences while shooting the sequel. Winston Duke (M’Baku) says that they suffered an incredible loss when they lost Chadwick.

Coogler reveals, “Chad was very much our artistic partner. I would spend time with him, just he and I talking about where we want to see the story go, how much he admired the other characters, and actors that portrayed them.”

Angela Bassett adds “they were all able to honour him, together” in the film. Lupita Nyong’o also discloses that returning to Wakanda was a “moving experience” and they filmed the project with a “sense of celebration”.

A lot of fans expected Letitia Wright’s Shuri to take the mantle in the absence of Boseman’s T’Challa. It has happened in the comics as well. This is what Wright says about the upcoming MCU entry, “There’s so much that’s happening in this movie is amazing, so many new characters to explore. Just seeing the world of Wakanda again and then now we’re going to this whole new world underwater.”

Tenoch Huerta will play one of the oldest Marvel characters in the film, Namor. He reveals that playing a character like Namor “is a dream” in the newly released featurette.

Apart from all the above-mentioned things, Wakanda Forever will explore the feminist themes from the first film. We will see broken but more mature versions of many female characters like Shuri (Wright), Nakia (Nyong’o), Okoye (Danai Gurira), and many more. Additionally, we have a brand new female character in the form of Riri Williams/Ironheart (Dominique Thorne) in the movie.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever will arrive in theatres worldwide on November 11. Stay tuned for more updates.

https://www.binged.com/news/black-panther-2-featurette-celebrates-chadwick-bosemans-legacy/

CLICK TO VIEW FEATURETTE
https://youtu.be/ITJNX0HfAuk

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER WAKANDA FOREVER - New Chadwick Boseman Legacy Featurette!
« Reply #3796 on: October 12, 2022, 04:33:38 pm »
Not one effing word was uttered by any of them about the fans, not one!!! Coogler wanted to explore the impact of T’Challa’s death on Shuri, on Ramonda, on every fictional character with no consideration for the impact on his real life fans, those expected to pay to see the film! They made BP2WF for themselves. As far as I’m concerned they can pay for it themselves. I would love to see the only dollars it makes be any they collect from holding private screenings for themselves. What they’ve done is vain and self-serving. We entrusted these creatives with a character we supported, we went to the newsstands, drug stores, comic book shops to consume his adventures for decades and they just threw him in the trash. Shame on all of them! I am angry with all of them that support this middle finger to all true T’Challa fans. I will never see this film even when it is available for free.

No peace,

Mont

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER WAKANDA FOREVER - Black Panther 2's Time Jump Confirmed!
« Reply #3797 on: October 13, 2022, 03:47:32 am »
Disney Confirms Time Jump After T'Challa's Death In Black Panther 2

By Richard Nebens

Disney is only a few weeks away from releasing Marvel Studios' final movie of the year and the closing theatrical effort in the MCU's Phase 4 - Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.

This will be the latest effort from the MCU in its post-Avengers: Endgame storyline as Marvel adds to Wakanda's legacy, which has slowly been building for Marvel Studios since the early days of Phase 1. But this time, the story will have to continue without the Black Panther himself after Chadwick Boseman tragically passed away, with the role not being recast for the sequel.

While Black Panther 2 is confirmed to tackle T'Challa's death as Wakanda looks to move forward with its next steps, it's still unclear when exactly this sequel takes place in relation to the rest of the MCU timeline. And while that specific answer is still unknown, Disney recently released a new official briefing about the movie that sets up where the Wakandan people are in their journey.

According to Disney's latest press release for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, the sequel will be jumping forward a full year in time after T'Challa's death within the MCU.

As noted by director Ryan Coogler, Queen Ramonda recognizes the time that's passed since T'Challa's death and how "Shuri’s still not healing," leading to them "(taking) a retreat" away from Wakanda. But that quickly leads them to their first encounter with Tenoch Huerta's Namor the Sub-Mariner:

“Ramonda realizes that it’s been a year since T’Challa’s passing and Shuri’s still not healing—she’s not taking steps to move forward in a healthy way. They take a retreat—stepping away from the city, from the technology—to sit with no distractions and perform what is essentially a grief ritual. That’s when Namor shows up.”

Coogler went into more details about Namor as well, noting how he represents a new version of Atlantis while showing that "Wakanda is not as safe as they thought" in the story:

“In our story, he represents Talokan, a hidden underwater civilization that is our reimagined version of the comic book realm of Atlantis. His appearance there shows that Wakanda is not as safe as they thought, and he presents Ramanda and Shuri with a proposition.”

Producer Nate Moore added to the chatter, discussing how "completely unaware" the Wakandans are of Namor and his people when they meet for the first time. He also praised Ryan Coogler for his work in "putting these things together," with Namor actually finding some things in common with Ramonda and Shuri:

“The notion of a society that was forced into hiding because of the events of the outside world is very much germane to the world of Black Panther in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Ryan is a very savvy filmmaker in putting these things together. Namor’s concerns resonate with Ramanda and Shuri—their nations have some things in common. But they may not agree with his solution."

Moore dove into more of the story details as well, looking at how Wakanda has to push forward "in a world where T'Challa is now no longer with us," making it an easy decision to look at how much he touched the lives of those around him, particularly Shuri:

“For the story of Wakanda to move forward in a world where T'Challa is now no longer with us, it only made sense to investigate what that loss meant for all of the people that he touched. And there's no one who's going to feel that effect more than his little sister, Shuri.”

In this movie, Shuri attempts to lose herself in her work in Wakanda's laboratory until she meets Namor, although she's far from alone in her grief and her desire to keep Wakanda's place in the world steady. This will put Shuri and Queen Ramonda alongside a great spy in Nakia, the Jabari ruler in M'Baku, two Dora Milaje warriors in Ayo and Aneka, and an American CIA agent in Everett Ross.

With this sequel moving forward a full year after T'Challa's death, it's still unclear exactly when in the MCU timeline this story will take place after everything that was released before it in Phase 4. And even with the funeral for T'Challa having been featured in both trailers, it's becoming clear that this moment will only play a small part in this movie's extended runtime.

With rumors pointing to Black Panther 2 being over two and a half hours long, the story should have plenty of time to pay tribute to the late Chadwick Boseman while also adding to Wakanda's growing legacy as Phase 4 comes to an end.

And while this time jump should theoretically help the nation in its healing process, Shuri and the royal family will still have difficulty coming to terms with the new state of affairs without their brother and leader King T'Challa. This will make their first encounter with Talocan even that much more of a challenge, although that will be just one of many challenges that the core group of heroes will face in this massive new solo outing.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever will premiere in theaters on Friday, November 11.

https://thedirect.com/article/black-panther-2-disney-tchalla-time-jump

This film has lost its narrative cohesion by virtue of the fact that the writers have to concoct an unnecessary reason for the death of T'Challa. Chadwick Boseman's tragic and untimely transition should be honored with a portion of the ticket sales being donated to colon cancer research and prevention in his name. A film festival showcasing his cinematic milestones with proceeds being given to his family. Science and technology educational scholarships as well as acting scholarships should be made available at HBCUs, particularly Howard University. This is how you honor Chadwick Boseman and you don't have to kill T'Challa the Black Panther to do it.

If you kill off T'Challa the Black Panther then there has to be an in story honoring of him that goes beyond a funeral. The film has to show and tell what made T'Challa the Black Panther great. That means returning all of his traits and gifts migrated to Shuri and Okoye. Speaking of funerals, if T'Challa is to die by being killed in battle (ridiculously unnecessary) or from injury or succumb to illness (adding further insult) the entire lineup from Endgame had better show up for the funeral. Notable standouts and conversations should be heard taking place in T'Challa the Black Panther's Techno Jungle. Something like this...

Old man Cap - He was the most honorable and forgiving man I've ever met.

M'Baku - He proved himself the most capable leader of Wakanda. He spared my life and we became brothers in arms.

Bucky - He offered me sanctuary when there was no place left for me to go.

Sam Wilson - Shuri told me it was T'Challa who designed, built and gifted me these wings and uniform.

Namor - We first met during the annual combat trials hosted by our respective kingdoms. He best me on several occasions. Once, I am ashamed to say, even under water.

Hawkeye - He made beating me look easy. Now I don't feel so bad.

Okoye - He defeated Killmonger when myself and several Doras could not. Quiet as it is kept, he was the greatest warrior of Wakanda.

Ayo to the Winter Soldier -  It was T'Challa who designed your new arm with the disarming protocols. Though reluctant to use it, he even developed a kill switch for Vision.

Shuri - Few know that I got the idea for my lab from this, his secret techno jungle. He was just a boy, much younger than me when he designed and built Baba's new Panther habit here. T'Challa upgraded the design for himself some years later. He designed and built the first royal talon fighter. T'Challa was a true polymath and with all that he always let me shine, he was that humble. Never needing approval or seeking applause. I stand tall because I stand on his shoulders.

These conversations take place in the Ancestral Realm.

Zuri to T'Chaka - I've yet to greet T'Challa.

Killmonger - He is hiding from me. We have some unfinished business.

T'Chaka - I think your business will have to wait quite some time.

And this conversation occurs Nowhere.

Bast - My regrets for your family and friend's sorrow. I pulled you from their spacetime line to prepare you for Kang and the Secret War to come.

T'Challa - So shall it be.

If killing T'Challa is so necessary then miss me with the variant T'Challa being our only hope for seeing T'Challa the Black Panther in cinema. Variants are just that, variations from the original. Marvel can deliver all the variants they want but without the original what do they merit other than being a substitution. Cinematically speaking if MCU T'Challa the Black Panther has made transition then he should become King of the Wakandan Dead. This presents an opportunity to show T'Challa the Black Panther going on a quest in the afterlife to become king once again.

T'Challa the Black Panther's trials and challenges in the Wakanda of ancestors and ancestresses could showcase untapped narratives and story followups. He could meet, confer and contest with previous historical Black Panthers. Via sacred ritual T'Challa the Black Panther and Shuri could commune and visit one another. Through some twisted sorcery Klaw could manifest as his energy being thus presenting another foe to vanquish.

His arch adversary could once again be Killmonger and his advisor Zuri. Not to mention that his father T'Chaka is there as is Killmonger's dad N'Joba. No wonder there aren't any men in Black Panther Wakanda Forever they're all dead. I could build a conspiracy theory around that but the HEF faithful can do that for themselves.

The potential love interest would be staggering. T'Challa the Black Panther being involved with historical Wakandan women would unleash a floodgate of stories. T'Challa the Black Panther could revisit the original Dora Milaje concept when there were only two and they were meant to be betrothed to the king.

T'Challa the Black Panther - King of the Dead is a way to go forward. It can be introduced in Black Panther 3 and made into a Disney+ drama, fantasy series. This way everybody wins. The woke get their female driven Wakanda Forever narrative led by Shuri and other guest stars. The faithful fans and enthusiasts get T'Challa the Black Panther as king, genius, master tactician and strategist, mystic and a man who finds love and romance with some very interesting Wakandan women. It honors Chadwick Boseman by having the cinematic character he worked so hard to bring to life all while heroically suffering the ravages of cancer live on. While both character and actor have died this allows them both to be immortalized and live in a new way and continue to inspire generations to come.

Killing off T'Challa is lazy and lacks foresight. There a dozen ways T'Challa the Black Panther could have been absent from the sequel in order for the real life grieving to take place and set up a recast for the third film. Have part of the sequel take place during the blip then have the time jump post Endgame occur in which T'Challa is lost during a deep space mission and presumed dead. Shuri takes up the mantle. Post credit scene reveal Shuri unable to contact T'Challa in the ancestral plane. A second post credit shows T'Challa's unconscious body being picked up by a Skrull spaceship. A win for everyone. Nuff said.

Online Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3798 on: October 14, 2022, 06:04:52 am »
Is Shuri the New MCU Black Panther? Her Marvel Comics History Implies, Yes

http://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/shuri-black-panther-marvel-comics-133800418.html

Time Skip and Story Start Revealed for BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER

http://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/everything-know-black-panther-ii-200430727.html

We Need A Latino Superhero Revolution

http://www.yahoo.com/news/latino-superhero-revolution-131132940.html

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3799 on: October 14, 2022, 08:59:57 am »
Meanwhile, they're talking about recasting Thunderbolt Ross, which is bullsh*t.

Online Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3800 on: October 14, 2022, 02:37:48 pm »
Harrison Ford Reportedly Cast as MCU’s General ‘Thunderbolt’ Ross

http://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/harrison-ford-reportedly-cast-mcu-142124107.html

Online Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3801 on: October 15, 2022, 09:00:39 am »
Could X-MEN’s Storm Join the MCU in BLACK PANTHER 2?

http://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/could-x-men-storm-join-190323486.html

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #3802 on: October 16, 2022, 10:42:05 am »
Meanwhile, they're talking about recasting Thunderbolt Ross, which is bullsh*t.

This right here.

Now...is it true that if Coogler didn't oppose such a move, that T'Challa would have been recast? And if this is true...then is it reasonable to surmise or suggest that once Coogler is no longer making the BP TRILOGY, we'll get T'Challa back?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3803 on: October 16, 2022, 05:11:52 pm »
By that time Will it even matter? He won't be interacting with any of the big characters and an entire generation will think this is Shuris franchise

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3804 on: October 16, 2022, 08:50:57 pm »
By that time Will it even matter? He won't be interacting with any of the big characters and an entire generation will think this is Shuris franchise

They'll have established The Black Panther legacy, and they'll probaby reboot it or follow with something from the legacy status. You're absolutely right. A whole generation will think Shuri is THEE FIRST AND ONLY OR AT LEAST MOST IMPORTANT BLACK PANTHER. They will have gutted the notion of native Alkebulan men leading whole franchises, and both WAR MACHINE and SAM WILSON are clearly so far second stringers behind White guys who are THE REAL whoever. War Machine? Is dope. But Tony Starks is THE REAL Armor Guy. Sam Wilson? Pretty cool. But Steve Rogers is THE REAL Captain America.

Right now, I don't know how to rectify that...but I don't think it'll be an entire decade or something crazy before we get T'Challa back.

And? I think we Alkebulan creatives need to be crafting and building our OWN properties so that we don't have to worry about this, and aren't just getting ourselves hyped to give billions to corporations that are, in the final analysis, invested in practices and goals antithetical to our people and non-megarich people in general.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3805 on: October 17, 2022, 02:46:04 pm »

Unless the T’Challa jr rumor is true and he dons the mantle come the third movie. Or if a variant gets brought in by Secret Wars and they let him lead the franchise from that point.

Oh btw, Ross has officially been recast.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3806 on: October 17, 2022, 06:41:09 pm »

Unless the T’Challa jr rumor is true and he dons the mantle come the third movie. Or if a variant gets brought in by Secret Wars and they let him lead the franchise from that point.

I heard about "TChalla Jr." but I heard that T'Challa Jr's mother is STORM. Not Nakia. And this would be used to intro STORM into BP 3at the end of the movie. Did you hear anything about this?

I didn't hear about Ross being recast. I heard that Martin was still playing Everett

https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-2-martin-freeman-everett-ross/

I definitely would like to know when he gets replaced. BP3? BP 4?
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3807 on: October 18, 2022, 02:21:17 am »

I heard about "TChalla Jr." but I heard that T'Challa Jr's mother is STORM. Not Nakia. And this would be used to intro STORM into BP 3at the end of the movie. Did you hear anything about this?

I didn't hear about Ross being recast. I heard that Martin was still playing Everett

https://www.cbr.com/black-panther-2-martin-freeman-everett-ross/

I definitely would like to know when he gets replaced. BP3? BP 4?

I was talking about Thunderbolt Ross. His previous actor William Hurt died earlier this year and he’s been replaced by Harrison Ford. And surprise surprise, people are calling out the double standard.

As for T’Challa jr, it’s rumored Nakia is the mom.

Online Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3808 on: October 18, 2022, 03:28:31 pm »
Rihanna's Adding Her Star Power to Black Panther

http://www.yahoo.com/news/rihannas-adding-her-star-power-135000826.html

Lupita Nyong’o on the Intense Shoot for ’Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’ and the Weight of Global Stardom

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-features/lupita-nyongo-black-panther-wakanda-forever-chadwick-boseman-2-1235243812/

‘Black Panther: Wakanda Forever’ Tracking for Massive $175 Million Opening

http://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/black-panther-wakanda-forever-tracking-155831876.html

Ryan Coogler Shares Original Plot for 'Black Panther: Wakanda Forever'

http://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/ryan-coogler-shares-original-plot-045423586.html

The MCU Has Only Introduced One of the 5 Types of Vibranium

http://screenrant.com/vibranium-metal-wakanda-varieties-mcu-black-panther/
« Last Edit: October 24, 2022, 01:11:11 pm by Emperorjones »

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER WAKANDA FOREVER
« Reply #3809 on: October 21, 2022, 08:07:01 am »
BLACK PANTHER
WAKANDA FOREVER

Beautiful character posters. I appreciate the Afrakan stylized background pattern and M'Baku looking like the leader he is. M'Baku's pose in the first set of posters made him look bloated and defeated, this new one is much better.

Shuri continues to look too generic lacking any and all Wakandan aesthetics. I would guess this is due to not wanting to give away the obvious fact that she is a Black Panther.

I still feel that Riri is superfluous in this film and should have been introduced in Don Cheadle's War Machine's Armor Wars. A much better fit given that Rhodes is not an engineer nor scientific genius, he could use a Riri.

All that being said, these are some beautiful people.