Author Topic: Luke Cage Series  (Read 11936 times)

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Luke Cage Series
« on: November 20, 2014, 07:00:47 am »
It is now down to......

http://comicbook.com/2014/11/19/luke-cage-marvel-considering-mike-colter-or-lance-gross-for-titu/

Spare some of us your fan casting whining of the other guy people wanted.

Both are in there 30s and both have a solid history of acting but neither have that "one" role of being the star. Either way this is good to whomever is selected. I'm going bias toward the Howard University student and hope Gross gets the nod. It would provide him a chance to get the Tyler Perry stink off of him.

However the other gentleman is typically a "supporting" character for a hot second and then he is no longer in the film.

I'm conflicted but I don't mind either choice.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Luke Cage Series
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 07:25:47 am »
That's a tough call...

The actor on the right has that glint in his eyes that Luke Cage needs.

[grumble]Still strongly believe Terry Crews is simply a better choice.[/grumble]

Online Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 08:47:41 am »
as far as heroes go... I could still see Mr. Crews playing the Gauntlet, from Avengers Academy.  Another option is Lt. Marcus Stone from the Code: Blue S.W.A.T. team in New York City, most often seen in the 90s-era Thor comics.
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 09:47:58 am »
Gross is the bigger name but his voice is lighter than I imagine coming out of Cage.

Colter looks more the part.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 10:02:36 am »
Well we will see. As long as either one does a great job in acting the part is all that matters. Gross is "younger" by only 5 years to the other guy. My only thing I am worrying about is once the "defenders" is completed will the characters be fleshed out into the films or make appearances in Agents of Shield?
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 05:46:20 pm »
I like Colter. He has the look.

I think that these actors could wind up doing cameos on Agents of SHIELD but maybe also be featured in later Marvel films too. I can't see them starring in films, but adding extra muscle in some big throw downs, like the upcoming Civil War and the Infinity War I could see that happening.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 11:56:39 am »
I like Colter. He has the look.

I think that these actors could wind up doing cameos on Agents of SHIELD but maybe also be featured in later Marvel films too. I can't see them starring in films, but adding extra muscle in some big throw downs, like the upcoming Civil War and the Infinity War I could see that happening.
That would make some sense

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 04:58:14 pm »

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2014, 06:51:53 pm »
It is now down to......

http://comicbook.com/2014/11/19/luke-cage-marvel-considering-mike-colter-or-lance-gross-for-titu/

Spare some of us your fan casting whining of the other guy people wanted.

Both are in there 30s and both have a solid history of acting but neither have that "one" role of being the star. Either way this is good to whomever is selected. I'm going bias toward the Howard University student and hope Gross gets the nod. It would provide him a chance to get the Tyler Perry stink off of him.

However the other gentleman is typically a "supporting" character for a hot second and then he is no longer in the film.

I'm conflicted but I don't mind either choice.

lol @  "It would provide him a chance to get the Tyler Perry stink off of him."

I like the choice of Michael Colter, that's not bad at all.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2014, 06:16:29 am »
The “blackest” looking man they have chosen with the “whitest” woman they have chosen. Whooo boy. 

Offline Marvelous

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2014, 06:22:57 pm »
Terry Crews congratulates Mike Colter on his casting as Luke Cage

DECEMBER 28, 2014 BY THOMAS ROACH 8 COMMENTS

Last week it was announced that Mike Colter (American Horror Story: Coven) has been cast as Luke Cage in Marvel’s upcoming Netflix series A.K.A. Jessica Jones, and now Terry Crews – who had expressed an interest in portaying the character – has taken to his Who Say account to praise the casting:

“Congratulations to my man Mike Colter for being cast as LUKE CAGE! A brilliant actor for one of my favorite superheroes ever! Love him!”

Mike Colter will first appear as Luke Cage in A.K.A. Jessica Jones, which stars Krysten Ritter (Breaking Bad) in the title role, before headlining his own miniseries soon after.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 03:00:11 am »
From the article:

Terry Crews congratulates Mike Colter on his casting as Luke Cage

DECEMBER 28, 2014 BY THOMAS ROACH 8 COMMENTS

Last week it was announced that Mike Colter (American Horror Story: Coven) has been cast as Luke Cage in Marvel’s upcoming Netflix series A.K.A. Jessica Jones, and now Terry Crews – who had expressed an interest in portaying the character – has taken to his Who Say account to praise the casting:

“Congratulations to my man Mike Colter for being cast as LUKE CAGE! A brilliant actor for one of my favorite superheroes ever! Love him!”

Mike Colter will first appear as Luke Cage in A.K.A. Jessica Jones, which stars Krysten Ritter (Breaking Bad) in the title role, before headlining his own miniseries soon after.

I'd also like to extend my sincerest congratulations to Mr. Colter.  I am confident that he will bring Luke Cage, Power Man to life with great enthusiasm.

Deep down inside, I still believe Terry Crews was a much, more convincing candidate for the role. 
I mean, who else could convey the beaten down but not defeated physique of Cage on-screen than a ex-pro football athlete?

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2015, 07:48:35 pm »
Terry Crews is a classy guy...his public congrats to the man who got a role he wanted is all him.

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2015, 12:57:05 pm »
I wonder if they'd rewrite Cage's origin where his actual name is Luke Cage and not Carl Lucas.

Kinda disappointment that Crews didn't get it, but still excited for the Cage solo.