Author Topic: Luke Cage Series  (Read 11873 times)

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Luke Cage Series
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2016, 06:41:47 am »
I don't know if Luke's father is a character in the show yet, but I'd like to see Carl Weathers play him.  The filmmakers can even hint at his past with the "Mighty Defenders". 8)

http://worldofblackheroes.com/2014/07/09/james-lucas/
Who knows but I will not be surprised they'll address something regarding his childhood
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2016, 03:06:55 pm »
This character most likely won't be appearing, but I've got the perfect actor for Cockroach Hamilton:

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2016, 09:28:10 am »
This character most likely won't be appearing, but I've got the perfect actor for Cockroach Hamilton:

Keepin' it hyper-real!

I like the way you think, JR Carter.  ;D

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2016, 10:15:20 am »
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2016, 07:11:36 pm »

You think I was throwing shade?

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2016, 01:42:38 pm »

You think I was throwing shade?
No I just don't think that he should be considered

Offline Marvelous

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2016, 02:02:53 pm »
A Tribe Called Quest will score Marvel’s “Luke Cage”

Marvel’s new Netflix series Luke Cage is scheduled to premier on September 30, and recent news has revealed that Adrian Younge and A Tribe Called Quest’s Ali Shaheed Muhammad will collaborate and score the music for the upcoming series. The showrunner and producer of the series, Cheo Hodari Coker, is the one who broke the news in a recent interview for Entertainment Weekly. Known for some of his work on shows like Southland, Ray Donovan or NCIS: Los Angeles, Coker confirmed that Younge and Muhammad are behind the scoring for the series. When speaking about the show, he made a bold comparison to HBO’s classic The Wire, viewed as one of the best television series’ ever made.

Younge and Muhammad have collaborated to produce one of the tracks on Kendrick Lamar’s untitled “unmastered” album, “untitled 06 | 06.30.2014”. They later revealed that the track was intended to be featured on their upcoming album, expected to drop sometime later this year, entitled The Midnight Hour. A version of Cee Lo Green’s of that same track will appear on their album, after Cee Lo is featured initially on Kendrick’s song with a verse of his own. In an interview for Billboard last month, Younge and Muhammad revealed for the first time they’re doing the scoring of an upcoming big TV series, working with a full orchestra. This was just recently confirmed, when Coker made the announcement of the two producers being behind the music for his new Marvel series, Luke Cage.

Adrian Younge has some experience doing scores for Hollywood, after he worked to produce the soundtrack of Black Dynamite back in 2009. It’s Muhammad’s debut in this industry, after releasing five studio albums as part of A Tribe Called Quest, one album with the Lucy Pearl R&B group and one solo album, released in 2004, Shaheedullah and Stereotypes.

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2016, 07:42:30 am »
Some great and additional news. This just might be the show that black superheroes need to make thing pop. Unfortunately some under the Netflix umbrella isn't meant for the kiddies.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2016, 12:01:38 pm »
! No longer available

My word Simmone is so damn fine!

Also clips
! No longer available

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2016, 07:21:06 pm »
New trailer

I liked in the origin he is wearing his orginal comic book hardware.

https://youtu.be/ytkjQvSk2VA

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2016, 06:14:13 am »
this looks awesome.

Looks a lot more... fun than always depressing DD but still serious

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 27, 2016, 10:03:37 am »
! No longer available

Offline Marvelous

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2016, 04:29:33 pm »
! No longer available

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2016, 03:44:58 pm »
! No longer available
The closer we're getting to this the more HYPE I am having. I mean jesus this is something else. No one in their mind is going out that night of September 30. Literally that day is black out day.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2016, 04:15:09 pm »
Yah this is going to be great.