Author Topic: New forum?  (Read 2554 times)

Offline Yaw

• Brother Voodoo (Papa Vodu)- The Foundation
    • View Profile
New forum?
« on: January 16, 2007, 02:31:33 pm »
When was this forum started?

I question the purpose of this board for the simple fact that BP discussion about politics don't always start off as discussions on politics.  I'm confused on what should and should not be posted here.

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: New forum?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 02:52:18 pm »
And that my friend is exactly why it is here. Some people like to talk about comics, some like to talk about subjects like race, sex and religion in comics, some like to talk about both and some like to talk about one subject mutually exclusive of the other. It can be intimidating for a newcomer who want's to find out about the black panther and see a black panther v/s apollo creed thread read it and see most of it discusses if the rocky movies are racist. This thread is for the deeper political views about the black panther comic book and comics for that matter. In some ways it is silly to talk about the ficitional comic universe next to Sen. Obama presidential chances. This isn't the contitution. If it does not work it is no big thang to change it back.

ps. I want my own animated marvel avatar like you have, get own it right now. 8) :)

Offline Yaw

• Brother Voodoo (Papa Vodu)- The Foundation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 03:20:08 pm »

ps. I want my own animated marvel avatar like you have, get own it right now. 8) :)

http://forums.toynewsi.com/style_avatars/Marvel/

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 03:36:03 pm »
When was this forum started?

I question the purpose of this board for the simple fact that BP discussion about politics don't always start off as discussions on politics.  I'm confused on what should and should not be posted here.
Don't worry too much about it though.  Just start them wherever you think best.  If something mutates, we'll change it.  Discuss away.
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."