Author Topic: Flu/Cold 2014-2015  (Read 2357 times)

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University
Flu/Cold 2014-2015
« on: January 15, 2015, 06:34:49 am »

I've been sick for a week with a no-fever, persistent chest cough. Body aches are mostly gone, but it has been a rough time. Hundreds of friends and colleagues are going through a similar illness.  Some national reporting indicates that the range of infections has been worse this year than records have shown for more than a decade.

Are you seeing this illness in your area? How are you recovering / staying healthy?

Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University
(twitter) @worldprofessor

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Flu/Cold 2014-2015
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2015, 10:41:58 am »
Are you seeing this illness in your area? How are you recovering / staying healthy?

Drink plenty of fluids that contain vitamin C and/or D.
Try cutting your juice drinks, 50:50 with liquid  aloe vera from a company called Fruit of the Earth.  This cocktail contains healing properties that keep your body in good form from the inside.

A little somethin' I picked up from a lady named Carmin.  :)

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 09:46:22 pm »
My daughter brought home a bug that I caught, then after we get over it my wife went down.  My son was untouched. 

First I was just exhausted and slept it off after passing out for 36 hours straight.  Then there was a stomach bug a couple of weeks later.  Don't know if they were related or not.

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2015, 01:53:59 pm »

Tried going back to work the last two days. Fluids and vitamins are not helping ... almost suffocated last night. smh.
Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University
(twitter) @worldprofessor

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 06:15:52 pm »
Another part of the recovery effort requires at least 7 - 8 hours of uninterrupted rest.

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2015, 12:52:29 pm »
Man, I work in cable. At least 300 to 400 returned cable boxes and modems come into my warehouse daily. About two weeks ago I was out on the floor helping out my crew, and that night/following morning, I had a temp of 100 and headaches. It's expected though; them cable boxes carry all kinds of germs from people's homes.

I fought it off pretty good with medicine and rest, only to go to the doctors office five days later for a wellness check.... Only to catch that sh*t again in the waiting room.

I've only been "better" now for about three days.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 04:08:35 am »
Man, I work in cable. At least 300 to 400 returned cable boxes and modems come into my warehouse daily. About two weeks ago I was out on the floor helping out my crew, and that night/following morning, I had a temp of 100 and headaches. It's expected though; them cable boxes carry all kinds of germs from people's homes.

I fought it off pretty good with medicine and rest, only to go to the doctors office five days later for a wellness check.... Only to catch that sh*t again in the waiting room.

I've only been "better" now for about three days.

Try over-the-counter products such as Disinfecting Wipes by Clorox or hand sanitizers like Germ-X.