Author Topic: Ice for your Haterade? The HATERS thread  (Read 5449 times)

Jenn

Ice for your Haterade? The HATERS thread
« on: January 17, 2007, 05:37:16 am »
Since it wouldn't make sense to make a new thread for every stupid thing that happens with so-called Hudlin haters, I thought it may be best to keep all the LULZ in one thread. Starting with...

"We hate Hudlin sooooooooooooooooo much that we're going to critique every single issue of 'Black Panther' that he's ever written!" Which is something that I don't even think we'd do here at HEF!

Now, we've had stupid people say stupid sh*t, but I definitely think that Action Jackson needs an award named after him for this little nugget of brilliance:

[Hudlin] made a borderline mediocre movie with Kid 'N Play, which served as a springboard to land some directing jobs as what we call a gun-for-hire on SNL movies and things like that.

I'm trying to go the hard route and create something worthwhile, as opposed to writing a brainless college humor flick in the hopes of becoming a voiceless studio director.

There's nothing wrong with the route Reggie took.  It worked out for him.  But don't give me this "he gets paid" crap.  I wouldn't want Reggie's career.  I have no desire to produce a bunch of crap in the hopes that one day in the future I'll finally get the opportunity to do something I believe in.

Springboard, eh? Lessee, there was Martin Lawrence &Tisha Campbell, Kid & Play (who are STILL making ends in 2007; don't get it twisted)...then Boomerang MADE Halle Berry (something I still haven't forgiven Hudlin for and remind him about whenever I get the chance), and redefined Eddie Murphy. Not to mention that the original HP spawned THREE MORE MOVIES that the Hudlins didn't have a damn thing to do with, but still got PAID! Oh, and "Bebe's Kids"? Not only the first animated film with an all-black cast, but it also featured the GENIUS of Robin Harris. Not bad for a "voiceless stupid director" who is now basically RUNNING sh*t at BET as the president of entertainment - oh, and writing the title that you can't stop talking about. Just call ol' Mark there Silky Johnson.

In contrast, what does this cat have? His student Emmy and a bunch of "I coulda been..." Okay, Nick Drake. Isn't it funny how people at the bottom of the barrel are always sh*tting on people who are actually accomplishing real sh*t? Now, I assume that Hudlin is older than ol' boy, but I'm 25 and you don't see me clinging on to the sh*t I did in college, or even at Africana. That "glorified AOL chatroom" (which was not the Africana layout) still looks VERY good on my resume, Slick, and is still better than anything AJ here has accomplished that we know. It would be akin to Hudlin still crowing about "House Party" or "Boomerang". Time to move on, kid. And don't get me wrong, that takes a long time. We can't all luck up like I did and wind up writing for big companies before you're old enough to drink. (In fact, I recommend against it.) HOWEVER, knowing that, you look REALLY f*ckING DUMB pissing on a dude that has made the accomplishments of five men...and doing it on his board.  I think it's safe to say that Hudlin's one of the [Tom Joyner voice] harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdest[/TJv] working men in the game. He works so hard that West Indians look at this cat and say "Damn! You need a vacation!"* So to sit here and make it seem like he hasn't done sh*t, or just "lucked up" and woke up where he is right now is not only wildly inaccurate and downright unfair. To do it here at HEF reeks of untapped jealousy.

Action Jackson = January's most diabolical hater

*Bad Jenn, no biscuit!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 06:08:28 am by Dora Milaje »

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: Ice for your Haterade? The HATERS thread
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 06:46:13 am »
jenn is back.
welcome home my queen.

now about that cheesecake.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 08:39:41 am »
Since it wouldn't make sense to make a new thread for every stupid thing that happens with so-called Hudlin haters, I thought it may be best to keep all the LULZ in one thread. Starting with...

"We hate Hudlin sooooooooooooooooo much that we're going to critique every single issue of 'Black Panther' that he's ever written!" Which is something that I don't even think we'd do here at HEF!

Now, we've had stupid people say stupid sh*t, but I definitely think that Action Jackson needs an award named after him for this little nugget of brilliance:

[Hudlin] made a borderline mediocre movie with Kid 'N Play, which served as a springboard to land some directing jobs as what we call a gun-for-hire on SNL movies and things like that.

I'm trying to go the hard route and create something worthwhile, as opposed to writing a brainless college humor flick in the hopes of becoming a voiceless studio director.

There's nothing wrong with the route Reggie took.  It worked out for him.  But don't give me this "he gets paid" crap.  I wouldn't want Reggie's career.  I have no desire to produce a bunch of crap in the hopes that one day in the future I'll finally get the opportunity to do something I believe in.

Springboard, eh? Lessee, there was Martin Lawrence &Tisha Campbell, Kid & Play (who are STILL making ends in 2007; don't get it twisted)...then Boomerang MADE Halle Berry (something I still haven't forgiven Hudlin for and remind him about whenever I get the chance), and redefined Eddie Murphy. Not to mention that the original HP spawned THREE MORE MOVIES that the Hudlins didn't have a damn thing to do with, but still got PAID! Oh, and "Bebe's Kids"? Not only the first animated film with an all-black cast, but it also featured the GENIUS of Robin Harris. Not bad for a "voiceless stupid director" who is now basically RUNNING sh*t at BET as the president of entertainment - oh, and writing the title that you can't stop talking about. Just call ol' Mark there Silky Johnson.

In contrast, what does this cat have? His student Emmy and a bunch of "I coulda been..." Okay, Nick Drake. Isn't it funny how people at the bottom of the barrel are always sh*tting on people who are actually accomplishing real sh*t? Now, I assume that Hudlin is older than ol' boy, but I'm 25 and you don't see me clinging on to the sh*t I did in college, or even at Africana. That "glorified AOL chatroom" (which was not the Africana layout) still looks VERY good on my resume, Slick, and is still better than anything AJ here has accomplished that we know. It would be akin to Hudlin still crowing about "House Party" or "Boomerang". Time to move on, kid. And don't get me wrong, that takes a long time. We can't all luck up like I did and wind up writing for big companies before you're old enough to drink. (In fact, I recommend against it.) HOWEVER, knowing that, you look REALLY f*ckING DUMB pissing on a dude that has made the accomplishments of five men...and doing it on his board.  I think it's safe to say that Hudlin's one of the [Tom Joyner voice] harrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdest[/TJv] working men in the game. He works so hard that West Indians look at this cat and say "Damn! You need a vacation!"* So to sit here and make it seem like he hasn't done sh*t, or just "lucked up" and woke up where he is right now is not only wildly inaccurate and downright unfair. To do it here at HEF reeks of untapped jealousy.

Action Jackson = January's most diabolical hater

*Bad Jenn, no biscuit!

Jenn is my heroine.Lol.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 08:59:01 am »
but she's my eQueen first!
remember that.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline karaszero

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • karaszero
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 05:21:23 am »
yea but we all got love for her! BTW let's not forget AJ's House N**GA Ult Tom er Grimlock/Jim Rhodes

Jenn

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 11:45:39 am »
Nigger Jim doesn't even count - he was fakin' the funk.

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 11:55:37 am »
Nigger Jim doesn't even count - he was fakin' the funk.

Actually, I thought AJ was pretending to be black when he was in fact melaninly challenged.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 02:17:02 am »
"Haters"?  "Haters"?
There ain't no "haters" left.
Just smell that fresh air!
Listen. Not a "quack, quack" to be heard. Not a disquieting word to be read.

No more "haters". There will now only be those true comic book fans who have legitimate concerns, questions or comments about those things they do not like about this current PANTHER publication and hopefully, not about those things they dislike about the writer of that publication or some of that writers' most adamant supporters.....Jenn  ;)

My friends, please indulge me as I take care of one final piece of business and then, I shall expunge from my memory certain events of recent past and those responsible for them:

Action Jackson

Re: The Black Superhero Argument Thread
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2007, 02:58:50 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: sinjection on January 14, 2007, 02:46:38 PM
What "logical reason" was there to support the formation of "Champions, Inc."?

None, which is why that is widely considered to be one of the worst teams of all time.

What do those characters share in common aside from the fact that Angel and Iceman were X-Men and the Black Widow and Darkstar are both Russian? I don't see much of anything that supports the logic of those characters forming a super team, nor do I find the team line up especially compelling.

However, the book was given a chance to be produced and fail wasn't it? Why shouldn't BLACK or The Foundation be given that same chance?

It's called learning from your mistakes.  Champions was a horrendous idea, the team sucked, there was no sense behind it, and now it is considered a joke.

Have you not noticed that you keep comparing this idea to the wost ideas in comic history?  Yes, Champions saw print.  Yes, the Clone Saga saw print.  I'd like to think you can set the bar a touch higher than the absolute lowest common denominator.

(Those quotes in blue may be attributed to the always "true blue" sinjection. Quotes in red, you may read and then dismiss if that is your pleasure.)

I am filing the foregoing illustration of a blatant, audacious attempt at hegemony under "Half-baked, hypocritical, humbug"....otherwise known as the "trash heap", and declaring this case closed.

A "BLACK" or "Foundation" team would not be setting the "bar a touch higher" than the Champions, Inc. A "BLACK" or "Foundation" team wouild be setting the bar millions of miles higher than that. Only those comic book fans operating under prejudices of past failures - such as Champions, Inc. - would not be able to see that fact.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 03:03:09 am by sinjection »
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 06:04:36 am »
sin, you know you're my man 50 grand, right?
:D
keep doin' what you do

Offline Yaw

• Brother Voodoo (Papa Vodu)- The Foundation
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 07:50:32 am »
"Haters"?  "Haters"?
There ain't no "haters" left.
Just smell that fresh air!
Listen. Not a "quack, quack" to be heard. Not a disquieting word to be read.

No more "haters". There will now only be those true comic book fans who have legitimate concerns, questions or comments about those things they do not like about this current PANTHER publication and hopefully, not about those things they dislike about the writer of that publication or some of that writers' most adamant supporters.....Jenn  ;)

My friends, please indulge me as I take care of one final piece of business and then, I shall expunge from my memory certain events of recent past and those responsible for them:

Action Jackson

Re: The Black Superhero Argument Thread
« Reply #155 on: January 14, 2007, 02:58:50 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: sinjection on January 14, 2007, 02:46:38 PM
What "logical reason" was there to support the formation of "Champions, Inc."?

None, which is why that is widely considered to be one of the worst teams of all time.

What do those characters share in common aside from the fact that Angel and Iceman were X-Men and the Black Widow and Darkstar are both Russian? I don't see much of anything that supports the logic of those characters forming a super team, nor do I find the team line up especially compelling.

However, the book was given a chance to be produced and fail wasn't it? Why shouldn't BLACK or The Foundation be given that same chance?

It's called learning from your mistakes.  Champions was a horrendous idea, the team sucked, there was no sense behind it, and now it is considered a joke.

Have you not noticed that you keep comparing this idea to the wost ideas in comic history?  Yes, Champions saw print.  Yes, the Clone Saga saw print.  I'd like to think you can set the bar a touch higher than the absolute lowest common denominator.

(Those quotes in blue may be attributed to the always "true blue" sinjection. Quotes in red, you may read and then dismiss if that is your pleasure.)

I am filing the foregoing illustration of a blatant, audacious attempt at hegemony under "Half-baked, hypocritical, humbug"....otherwise known as the "trash heap", and declaring this case closed.

A "BLACK" or "Foundation" team would not be setting the "bar a touch higher" than the Champions, Inc. A "BLACK" or "Foundation" team wouild be setting the bar millions of miles higher than that. Only those comic book fans operating under prejudices of past failures - such as Champions, Inc. - would not be able to see that fact.

thought you were hibernating? ???

good post :D

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2007, 09:34:00 pm »
The "haters" hate Hudlin's BLACK PANTHER.

The "haters" - some of them anyway - hate black movies.

Some "haters" don't see the "logic" in the possibility that Marvel Comics could someday create a superteam comprised entirely of black and/or "other" minority members.

I wonder how the "haters"....and rush "limp blah" - "I think what we've had here is a little social concern in the NFL. The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well,'' Limbaugh said. "There is a little hope invested in McNabb, and he got a lot of credit for the performance of this team that he didn't deserve." - will be diggin' on Super Bowl XXXVVI?  *I hope I indicated the Roman Number correctly. The rules applicable when doing so has always confounded me.*

Oh... it's XLI, eh? It figures.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 07:07:46 am by sinjection »

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2007, 04:11:25 am »

thought you were hibernating? ???

"503" and "512" came at a time when board circumstances made proper hibernation absolutely impossible. I would not leave the forum with all of those dastardly ducks about. Now however, the ne'er do wells and their nonsense are no more. "521" is upon me  ;) As always, the "8" means it's time to hibernate.

I will enjoy the full benefit of hibernation this time and return full of vim and vigor as I work toward "530" and then, "567" (perfectly ascending/or descending numerical arrangement), on the way to "602".

Congratulations, Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy! You have made this Super Bowl one well worth watching. It will be the perfect complement to Doug Williams' Super Bowl-game demolition of the Denver Broncos those many years past.

Welcome, BarbaraB. "One high kick away from a lip slip"  :-[    :D That's what happens when male artists are in charge of illustrating and designing the costumes of gorgeous comic book females  ;)

If our brother supreme happens to read this message, I wonder if he would mind looking into something for me. I watch the Nickelodean program "Avatar" from time to time. If I'm not mistaken, the martial arts consultant for the show is a brother. I've only seen very quick screen snippets of him working out combat moves with other people, but I'm almost positive that their head consultant is indeed, a black man.

I have yet to see a black character appear on that animated program. This reminds me of N'Sync, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, etc... who have black choreographers teaching them dance moves for which N'Sync, Timberlake and Spears have become renown. I refuse to begin my true hibernation on a discouraging note however  :)

The energies of renewal and good fortune must be appeased, especially after my repeated past violations  :D "Gone Hibernating". For real this time  ;)