Author Topic: Which writer diminished T'Challa the most?  (Read 12607 times)

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Which writer diminished T'Challa the most?
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2016, 02:43:59 pm »
Jason Aaron

Can't believe I didn't include him.
Aaron? Really? Didn't he do the "See Wakanda and Die" arc? The one that T"Challa took out the Super Skrull and the entire invasion? I actually didn't have a problem with Aaron compared to all the other writers before Priest and after Hudlin.

Can we officially add Ta-Nehisi Coates to the list?

Phuck Ta-Nehisi Coates.

Yes, I said it.
I wasn't ready to say something that drastic yet, but I totally understand your feelings on him. I might join you soon based on what I'm seeing in his writing. funny though. I remeber alluding that "every brother and ain't a brother" in reference to what Coates was doing with BP and somebody responded that, because of Coates work in journalism chronicling the plight of people of color, the analogy shouldn't be applied to him.

Hmm, okay.

Have you seen the latest solicits for the BP books coming out post #3, yet?

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2016, 02:46:24 pm »
Quote from: JRCarter on February 13, 2015, 06:48:26 pm
Quote from: Genki Sudo on February 11, 2015, 08:42:22 pm
Jason Aaron

Can't believe I didn't include him.
Aaron? Really? Didn't he do the "See Wakanda and Die" arc? The one that T"Challa took out the Super Skrull and the entire invasion? I actually didn't have a problem with Aaron compared to all the other writers before Priest and after Hudlin

Aaron started with the premise that Wakanda COULDN'T best the Skrulls in a fair fight.  First mistake. 

Second, he has T'Challa create a plan based upon the idea that the Skrulls would commit their entire force in a single attack.  If the Skrull commander held half his forces back (like a wise Commander would do) they would have arrived with their tech intact while the Wakandans were fighting with sticks.  But T'Challa had no reserve of his own.  So basically he wrote a T'challa who won because Skrull commander was dumber than he was.

Offline Rurouni KJS

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2016, 11:12:47 pm »
Shoot. I'ma be controversial and say HUDLIN.

He's the one that first had T'Challa taking the L from Doom so hard that Shuri had to be the Black Panther, setting up all the diminishings that came later in Doomwar*, AvX, Hell's Kitchen, Time Runs Out, AND maybe now Black Panther vol. 6.

Seriously. I got shade for Shuri.

*I just found this mini in a 50 cents box. Not a fan. Felt like a 4-issue story stretched to 6 and the end was really unsatisfying.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2016, 04:36:18 pm »
Shoot. I'ma be controversial and say HUDLIN.

He's the one that first had T'Challa taking the L from Doom so hard that Shuri had to be the Black Panther, setting up all the diminishings that came later in Doomwar*, AvX, Hell's Kitchen, Time Runs Out, AND maybe now Black Panther vol. 6.

Seriously. I got shade for Shuri.

*I just found this mini in a 50 cents box. Not a fan. Felt like a 4-issue story stretched to 6 and the end was really unsatisfying.

Yeah, that's pretty controversial here.