Author Topic: Agents of Atlas #1. Panther related. [SPOILERS]  (Read 5524 times)

Offline Hulkster

• View Profile
Agents of Atlas #1. Panther related. [SPOILERS]
« on: August 03, 2006, 08:51:52 pm »
In this issue, there is a SHIELD agent from Wakanda named Derek Khanata.  Commando agent "Gorilla Man" identifies him by his tribal markings which appear on each cheek as swirls.  Have their ever been any references to Wakandan tribal markings before?

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: Agents of Atlas #1. Panther related. [SPOILERS]
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 07:10:28 am »
Wakanda has non-undercover Shield Agents?  hmm...
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline sinjection

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 07:41:22 am »
"Derek Khanata". "Derek".

He's Wakandan and his name is "Derek"?

The name looks suspiciously European to me.

How is it that a Wakandan - a citizen of an African nation that was never conquered by Europeans - has a European-looking (sounding) name?

While I'm in an inquisitive mood (sinjection's enquiring mind wants to know  :)  .... Why was "Hunter" named Hunter? Hunter's biological parents were dead and Hunter himself was little more than an infant. Neither Hunter's deceased parents nor little baby Hunter could have told T'Chaka his name was Hunter. Why wouldn't T'Chaka and N'Yami have given the baby a Wakandan name?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2006, 07:44:28 am by sinjection »
Reginald Hudlin's Black Panther IS THE Black Panther

CIENCIANO

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 09:10:59 am »
In this issue, there is a SHIELD agent from Wakanda named Derek Khanata.  Commando agent "Gorilla Man" identifies him by his tribal markings which appear on each cheek as swirls.  Have their ever been any references to Wakandan tribal markings before?

the dora milaje are all tattooed with tribals.

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 02:04:23 pm »
"Derek Khanata". "Derek".

He's Wakandan and his name is "Derek"?

The name looks suspiciously European to me.

How is it that a Wakandan - a citizen of an African nation that was never conquered by Europeans - has a European-looking (sounding) name?

While I'm in an inquisitive mood (sinjection's enquiring mind wants to know  :)  .... Why was "Hunter" named Hunter? Hunter's biological parents were dead and Hunter himself was little more than an infant. Neither Hunter's deceased parents nor little baby Hunter could have told T'Chaka his name was Hunter. Why wouldn't T'Chaka and N'Yami have given the baby a Wakandan name?

only thing i can figure is he had it legally changed, ala Erik Killmonger..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Truth

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 02:12:54 pm »
 I think he was created by that dude who did that Scropion mini-series. I think that he got into a fight with White Wolf or something. The dude who the scorpion mini-series really loved Priest's Panther.