Author Topic: PJ's Political Junkies: GoFundMe Political Talk Show Project  (Read 145 times)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
PJ's Political Junkies: GoFundMe Political Talk Show Project
« on: October 29, 2018, 02:35:34 pm »
The PJs! a.k.a. The Political Junkies!
The all new digital show separating the noise from the news and putting the fun back into politics!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-pjs-a-k-a-the-political-junkies#/

Short Summary
Are you ready to have a VOICE during and after the upcoming elections! From #metoo and beyond, The PJS! a.k.a The Political Junkies! offers everyone—from millennials to boomers— something new,  something fresh; a show that separates the noise from the news and puts the fun back into politics. The program, to be produced out of Washington, will provide the hottest political news; analysis and conversation and allow interaction with the audience.

Former CNN Political Commentator Roland Martin will moderate a panel of expert political junkies including: MSNBC Political Analyst and University Politics Professor Dr. Jason Johnson; BBC Political Analyst and SiriusXM POTUS Channel Host Eric Ham; and international journalist Tetiana Anderson, who anchored the news at TRT World in Istanbul, Turkey, after domestic reporting at NBC News and CBS News.

Behind the camera; from concept to showtime
The PJs! co-creator and executive producer Rick Blalock will be showrunner. A two-time Emmy winner, Blalock wrote and produced segments for CNN’s political team and CNN’s coverage of the 2016 Presidential Election and was a part of the network’s Emmy-winning coverage of the 2011 Egyptian Revolution.

“The PJs! brings together the best in journalism, analysis and politics and will break the mold,” said Blalock “In addition to in-studio opinion and analysis, The PJs! will give ‘political junkies’ everywhere their daily fix on who’s up, who’s down and what’s really happening behind the walls of power in Washington. As a team, Roland, Tetiana, Jason and Eric are America’s best kept political-news secret, but a secret no longer.”

“We also plan to take viewers on the road,” said Ham, also co-creator and executive producer. “Not to just the usual stomping grounds of Capitol Hill, the Supreme Court and the White House, but places such as the World Bank, Embassy Row, think tanks, K-Street lobby shops and fascinating places around the globe.”

What we need and what you get!
The show needs your help. We need to raise approximately $2.5 million to fund Year One of this weekly digital production. Choose a perk, and BE A PJ TODAY!

All of the funds we receive will be invested in producing and filming our first year of weekly episodes. We've calculated that $48,000 is needed to create a respectable, good-quality episode—the quality you demand and deserve. Even still, our campaign goal is a nickel compared to what is commonly spent per television episode in this day and age.

The following is a list of what the money will be spent on. Of course, if the goal is not met, we will be forced to prioritize the production's needs.

If goal is met:

Cast
    Crew
    Studio
    Camera equipment
    Sound equipment
    Lighting equipment
    Art department (Set/Props)
    News gathering and research
    Post Production and Graphics
    Editing
    Color correction
    Sound editing/mixing
    License Fees / Music rights
    Transportation
    Lodging
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: PJ's Political Junkies: GoFundMe Political Talk Show Project
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 02:55:01 pm »
>>>Hype

Are you part of this??

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2018, 08:35:18 am »
>>>Hype

Are you part of this??

no, at least not yet. I'm going to try and see if I can get one of those "have lunch with the team" bonuses and make my pitch..

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 09:05:35 am »
no, at least not yet. I'm going to try and see if I can get one of those "have lunch with the team" bonuses and make my pitch..

I find it odd that with all that money Mr. Roland Martin earns that he chose not to fund this project himself.

He wants people to pay into this project and be a viewer?!  ???

...or does Mr. Martin wants to people to pay into this project but offer employment as a means of indentured servitude?!  ???

How does that work?  :-\   :-[

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 04:35:10 am »

I find it odd that with all that money Mr. Roland Martin earns that he chose not to fund this project himself.

...or does Mr. Martin wants to people to pay into this project but offer employment as a means of indentured servitude?!  ???

i see there's not much movement on the co-funding front.  And I haven't heard Roland speak about it on the radio or TV yet (also Jason Johnson, who is frequently seen on MSNBC, and his columns on TheRoot.com) -- so, um, well, we'll see, I guess..??

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 04:43:45 pm »

i see there's not much movement on the co-funding front.  And I haven't heard Roland speak about it on the radio or TV yet (also Jason Johnson, who is frequently seen on MSNBC, and his columns on TheRoot.com) -- so, um, well, we'll see, I guess..??

I wish you the best in this endeavor.  :)

You and I started a discussion on a project similar to this back-in-th'-day but somehow, it stalled to a complete stop.

I'd like to do something like 'The Political Junkies' in some capacity but I need a team and a commitment; I have an idea who I'd like to roll with and some o' those cats rhyme with JEFF ;)*wink*_*wink*

...and others from various creative backgrounds.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 12:39:32 am by Battle »

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 06:28:01 am »
Good luck with that venture and adventure!
I hope you get the chance to wow them.

My team's podcast has stalled at the moment.
Life and a lack of capital, but once we can all synchronize our schedules, we'll be back.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!