Author Topic: Netanyahu becomes political player, so Kerry treats him like one  (Read 12889 times)

Offline michaelintp

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Netanyahu becomes political player, so Kerry treats him like one
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2015, 09:50:42 pm »
Oh Reggie, you mean the same man who as Secretary of State proclaimed:

'F*ck the Jews, they don't vote for us.'

While James Baker may have passed some individuals' litmus test with this statement, he certainly did not pass mine.

What does quoting Mr. Baker really establish?  You figure it out.  While you're at it, feel free to add to your collection by quoting Pat Buchanan.  :P

The spirit of emptiness is immortal.
It is called the Great Mother
because it gives birth to Heaven and Earth.
It is like a vapor,
barely seen but always present.
Use it effortlessly.

Tao Te Ching, Ch. 6

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2015, 09:58:00 pm »
Oh Reggie, you mean the same man who as Secretary of State proclaimed:

'F*ck the Jews, they don't vote for us.'

While James Baker may have passed some individuals' litmus test with this statement, he certainly did not pass mine.

What does quoting Mr. Baker really establish?  You figure it out.  While you're at it, feel free to add to your collection by quoting Pat Buchanan.  :P
Wow, he said that?  Damn!  I just thought he was an old school conservative.  Well, I guess that attitude is part and parcel of that. 

Offline michaelintp

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2015, 10:10:29 pm »
Well, no one group has a monopoly on "that sort of thing."  Don't wanna even get into that discussion. Lets just leave it that James Baker is a piece of sh*t.
The spirit of emptiness is immortal.
It is called the Great Mother
because it gives birth to Heaven and Earth.
It is like a vapor,
barely seen but always present.
Use it effortlessly.

Tao Te Ching, Ch. 6

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2018, 06:19:25 am »
why am I not surprised? ;D

Israeli Police Push For Prime Minister Netanyahu's Indictment On Corruption Charges

February 13, 2018

by Vanessa Romo and Daniel Estrin

According to NPR, Isreali police are urging the attorney general to indict Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in two corruption cases involving bribery, fraud and breach of trust.

The recommendation is the result of more than a year of investigations into allegations that Netanyahu improperly accepted expensive gifts including pink champagne and cigars from Israeli Hollywood producer Arnon Milchan and Australian billionaire James Packer in exchange for favors.

Officials also said they have gathered enough evidence to conclude Netanyahu tried to help an Israeli newspaper publisher with his business in exchange for positive press coverage. And, as NPR's Daniel Estrin reported in August, authorities made a pact with Netanyahu's former chief of staff, who has agreed to become a witness for the state.

Would You like To Know More?
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/02/13/585428954/israeli-police-push-for-prime-minister-netanyahus-indictment-on-corruption-charg

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2018, 10:54:30 am »
Natalie Portman rejects Israel honour
by Associated Press

Saturday April 21, 2018

According to Gulf News, Actress Natalie Portman’s decision to snub a June ceremony in Israel where she was to have received a prize dubbed the “Jewish Nobel” triggered an angry backlash Friday from some Israeli politicians, including the culture minister.

The Genesis Prize Foundation said it had been informed by Portman’s representative that “recent events in Israel have been extremely distressing” to the Occupied Jerusalem-born Oscar winner and that she would “not feel comfortable participating in any public events in Israel.”

The foundation did not refer to specific events.

Israel has faced international criticism over its response to recent mass marches on the Gaza border, in which 37 Palestinians were killed by Israeli army fire, most of them protesters. Hundreds more Palestinians were wounded by Israeli troops since the weekly protests began March 30

Israel says it is defending its border and accuses Gaza’s rulers, the Islamist militant Hamas group, of trying to carry out attacks under the guise of protests. Rights groups have branded open-fire rules as unlawful, saying they effectively permit soldiers to use potentially lethal force against unarmed protesters.

In comments reported by Israeli media, Culture Minister Miri Regev said Friday that she was sorry Portman had “fallen like a ripe fruit into the hands of BDS supporters,” a reference to a Palestinian-led campaign of boycott, divestment and sanctions against Israel.

“Natalie, a Jewish actress who was born in Israel, joins those who relate to the story of the success and the wondrous rebirth of Israel as a story of darkness,” Regev was quoted as saying.

Oren Hazan, a legislator in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud Party, called on the government to revoke Portman’s Israeli citizenship.

The Genesis foundation said it was “very saddened” by Portman’s decision and would cancel the prize ceremony, which had been set for June 28.

“We fear that Ms. Portman’s decision will cause our philanthropic initiative to be politicized, something we have worked hard for the past five years to avoid,” it said.

The prize was launched in 2013 to recognize Jewish achievement and contributions to humanity. Previous recipients include former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, actor Michael Douglas, violinist Itzhak Perlman and sculptor Anish Kapoor.

When Portman was announced late last year as the 2018 recipient, she said in a statement released by organiszers at the time that she was “proud of my Israeli roots and Jewish heritage.”
In Thursday’s statement, the Genesis foundation quoted a representative for Portman as saying that “she cannot in good conscience move forward with the ceremony.”

Would You Like To Know More?
https://gulfnews.com/life-style/celebrity/hollywood/natalie-portman-rejects-israel-honour-1.2209012

APEXABYSS

« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2018, 11:57:41 am »
^^I support Judaism (distant support) but it is difficult to back the state of Israel. The f!@#$%in’ capital is called “the city of peace”-  Jeru- salem! I don’t see peace! That’s a problem, right? Something has to change with jews & muslims in the region. Netanyahu corruption? Damn!  I’m proud of my Hebrew heritage too, but not...   Good for her!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2018, 08:00:15 am »

The Instigator of War

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile