Author Topic: Netanyahu becomes political player, so Kerry treats him like one  (Read 13796 times)

Offline michaelintp

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Netanyahu becomes political player, so Kerry treats him like one
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2015, 09:50:42 pm »
Oh Reggie, you mean the same man who as Secretary of State proclaimed:

'F*ck the Jews, they don't vote for us.'

While James Baker may have passed some individuals' litmus test with this statement, he certainly did not pass mine.

What does quoting Mr. Baker really establish?  You figure it out.  While you're at it, feel free to add to your collection by quoting Pat Buchanan.  :P

The spirit of emptiness is immortal.
It is called the Great Mother
because it gives birth to Heaven and Earth.
It is like a vapor,
barely seen but always present.
Use it effortlessly.

Tao Te Ching, Ch. 6

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 23, 2015, 09:58:00 pm »
Oh Reggie, you mean the same man who as Secretary of State proclaimed:

'F*ck the Jews, they don't vote for us.'

While James Baker may have passed some individuals' litmus test with this statement, he certainly did not pass mine.

What does quoting Mr. Baker really establish?  You figure it out.  While you're at it, feel free to add to your collection by quoting Pat Buchanan.  :P
Wow, he said that?  Damn!  I just thought he was an old school conservative.  Well, I guess that attitude is part and parcel of that. 

Offline michaelintp

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 23, 2015, 10:10:29 pm »
Well, no one group has a monopoly on "that sort of thing."  Don't wanna even get into that discussion. Lets just leave it that James Baker is a piece of sh*t.
The spirit of emptiness is immortal.
It is called the Great Mother
because it gives birth to Heaven and Earth.
It is like a vapor,
barely seen but always present.
Use it effortlessly.

Tao Te Ching, Ch. 6

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2018, 06:19:25 am »
why am I not surprised? ;D

Israeli Police Push For Prime Minister Netanyahu's Indictment On Corruption Charges

February 13, 2018

by Vanessa Romo and Daniel Estrin

According to NPR, Isreali police are urging the attorney general to indict Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in two corruption cases involving bribery, fraud and breach of trust.

The recommendation is the result of more than a year of investigations into allegations that Netanyahu improperly accepted expensive gifts including pink champagne and cigars from Israeli Hollywood producer Arnon Milchan and Australian billionaire James Packer in exchange for favors.

Officials also said they have gathered enough evidence to conclude Netanyahu tried to help an Israeli newspaper publisher with his business in exchange for positive press coverage. And, as NPR's Daniel Estrin reported in August, authorities made a pact with Netanyahu's former chief of staff, who has agreed to become a witness for the state.

Would You like To Know More?
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/02/13/585428954/israeli-police-push-for-prime-minister-netanyahus-indictment-on-corruption-charg

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2018, 10:54:30 am »
Natalie Portman rejects Israel honour
by Associated Press

Saturday April 21, 2018

According to Gulf News, Actress Natalie Portman’s decision to snub a June ceremony in Israel where she was to have received a prize dubbed the “Jewish Nobel” triggered an angry backlash Friday from some Israeli politicians, including the culture minister.

The Genesis Prize Foundation said it had been informed by Portman’s representative that “recent events in Israel have been extremely distressing” to the Occupied Jerusalem-born Oscar winner and that she would “not feel comfortable participating in any public events in Israel.”

The foundation did not refer to specific events.

Israel has faced international criticism over its response to recent mass marches on the Gaza border, in which 37 Palestinians were killed by Israeli army fire, most of them protesters. Hundreds more Palestinians were wounded by Israeli troops since the weekly protests began March 30

Israel says it is defending its border and accuses Gaza’s rulers, the Islamist militant Hamas group, of trying to carry out attacks under the guise of protests. Rights groups have branded open-fire rules as unlawful, saying they effectively permit soldiers to use potentially lethal force against unarmed protesters.

In comments reported by Israeli media, Culture Minister Miri Regev said Friday that she was sorry Portman had “fallen like a ripe fruit into the hands of BDS supporters,” a reference to a Palestinian-led campaign of boycott, divestment and sanctions against Israel.

“Natalie, a Jewish actress who was born in Israel, joins those who relate to the story of the success and the wondrous rebirth of Israel as a story of darkness,” Regev was quoted as saying.

Oren Hazan, a legislator in Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s Likud Party, called on the government to revoke Portman’s Israeli citizenship.

The Genesis foundation said it was “very saddened” by Portman’s decision and would cancel the prize ceremony, which had been set for June 28.

“We fear that Ms. Portman’s decision will cause our philanthropic initiative to be politicized, something we have worked hard for the past five years to avoid,” it said.

The prize was launched in 2013 to recognize Jewish achievement and contributions to humanity. Previous recipients include former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, actor Michael Douglas, violinist Itzhak Perlman and sculptor Anish Kapoor.

When Portman was announced late last year as the 2018 recipient, she said in a statement released by organiszers at the time that she was “proud of my Israeli roots and Jewish heritage.”
In Thursday’s statement, the Genesis foundation quoted a representative for Portman as saying that “she cannot in good conscience move forward with the ceremony.”

Would You Like To Know More?
https://gulfnews.com/life-style/celebrity/hollywood/natalie-portman-rejects-israel-honour-1.2209012

APEXABYSS

« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2018, 11:57:41 am »
^^I support Judaism (distant support) but it is difficult to back the state of Israel. The f!@#$%in’ capital is called “the city of peace”-  Jeru- salem! I don’t see peace! That’s a problem, right? Something has to change with jews & muslims in the region. Netanyahu corruption? Damn!  I’m proud of my Hebrew heritage too, but not...   Good for her!

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2018, 08:00:15 am »

The Instigator of War

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2018, 01:27:41 am »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2018, 02:45:08 pm »
Saturday, 27th October 2018
11 killed, several wounded, in Pittsburgh synagogue shooting

by Deanna Paul, Avi Selk, Amy Wang, Mark Berman

A gunman killed 11 people at a Pittsburgh synagogue during Saturday-morning services in what the Anti-Defamation League called "likely the deadliest attack on the Jewish community in the history of the United States.”

Law enforcement officials said Robert Bowers — a 46-year-old man with a history of making anti-Semitic statements online — surrendered to police after a gun battle and is expected to face hate crime charges.

The 11 people killed were all adults, Pittsburgh Public Safety Director Wendell Hissrich said at a news briefing.

“It’s a very horrific crime scene," Hissrich told reporters earlier in the day. “One of the worst that I’ve seen. And I’ve been on some plane crashes.”

The suspect interrupted a baby-naming service at about 10 a.m, Pennsylvania’s attorney general told the Associated Press.

Witnesses told police he burst in shouting anti-Semitic slurs and began firing.

Stephen Weiss recalled hearing gunshots and fleeing the building through the sanctuary.

“We had services going on in the chapel when we heard a loud noise in the lobby area," he told the Tribune-Review.

KDKA reported that police confronted the suspect near the synagogue entrance.

Witnesses said one officer was wounded in an initial firefight, and two more were shot when they tried to corner the gunman upstairs.

Gab, a social media platform that has attracted many far-right users, released a statement on Saturday, saying the company had suspended an account that “matched the name of the alleged shooter’s name" and turned the messages over to the FBI.

An unverified image of the deleted account shows a stream of anti-Semitic messages leading up to the shooting.

“emperor puppetine is a globalist, not a nationalist,” the user “Robert Bowers” posted after a rally this week in which puppetine invoked both terms to declare himself a nationalist.

emperor puppetine has repeatedly slammed “globalists” in his public rhetoric, despite warnings that the term is understood to mean Jews in anti-Semitic circles.

That’s evidently what it means to the Gab user “Robert Bowers,” whose messages suggest disillusionment with the president.

“There is no #MAGA as long as there is a k--- infestation,” the user wrote, using a slur for Jews.

For weeks, “Robert Bowers" was enraged by the national Jewish group HIAS’s efforts to hold Shabbat services for refugees, according to the archives messages.

“HIAS likes to bring invaders in that kill our people," the user wrote hours before the shooting.

“I can’t sit by and watch my people get slaughtered. Screw your optics, I’m going in.”

“It looks definitely like it’s an anti Semitic crime," emperor puppetine told reporters Saturday afternoon.

"That is something you wouldn’t believe could still be going on.”

The Tree of Life synagogue is located in a leafy residential enclave near Carnegie Mellon University — one of the larger predominantly Jewish neighborhoods in the United States.

Its “traditional, progressive and egalitarian” congregation, formed in 1864, is Pittsburgh’s oldest Jewish congregation.

It’s the “center of Jewish life on Shabbat morning," said Rabbi Aaron Bisno of the Rodef Shalom Congregation, two blocks away.

It is unclear how many were in the synagogue at the time of the shooting.

According to an online calendar, there would have been a Shabbat service scheduled for 9:45 a.m. Saturday.

The synagogue’s main sanctuary, a cavernous space with soaring stained-glass windows that depict the story of creation, can hold up to 1,250 guests, according to the Tree of Life’s website.

“This is an absolute tragedy,” Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf (D) wrote on Twitter.

“These senseless acts of violence are not who we are as Americans.”

Police in Washington, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles all said they were increasing patrols at synagogues and other houses of worship following the Pittsburgh attack as precautionary measures.

Speaking to reporters at Joint Base Andrews on Saturday, emperor puppetine said the shooting was “far more devastating than anybody originally thought” but did not offer details.

“It’s a terrible, terrible thing, what’s going on with hate in our country, frankly, and all over the world, and something has to be done,” he said.

When asked if he should revisit gun laws, puppetine said:

“This has little to do with it, if you take a look. If they had protection inside, the results would have been far better.”

puppetine has frequently suggested that more armed people could deter mass shootings, making the comment after shooting rampages in Parkland, Fla., and Orlando in recent years.

Armed law enforcement officers were present at both of those mass shootings and others that have still occurred.

It’s unclear whether the synagogue had security measures in place.

In a July blog post for the synagogue titled “We Deserve Better,” Rabbi Jeffrey Myers criticized elected leaders for their lack of action in enacting gun-control legislation in the wake of the Parkland school shooting.

“Unless there is a dramatic turnaround in the mid-term elections, I fear that that the status quo will remain unchanged, and school shootings will resume,” Myers wrote.

“I shouldn’t have to include in my daily morning prayers that God should watch over my wife and daughter, both teachers, and keep them safe. Where are our leaders?”

The shooting comes during an sharp spike in anti-Semitic activities in the U.S., according to an Anti-Defamation League report released earlier this year.

From 2016 to 2017, instances of anti-Semitic harassment, vandalism and assault increased 57 percent, the largest single-year jump since ADL began tracking the data in the 1970s.

“This is close to an all-time high,” Greenblatt told The Post’s Tara Bahrampour then.

"We’re living in a time where extremists feel emboldened and they’re increasingly taking action. They feel empowered; they almost feel like they’ve been mainstreamed.”

Ben Opie, 55, who lives across the street from Tree of Life, said his wife was leaving for a volunteer duty at about 11 a.m. when police shouted at her to get back inside the house.

Officers banged on neighbors’ doors and told them to stay locked inside.

Two hours later, after many of the police vehicles had left the neighborhood, Opie said he’s still shaking.

“It’s just,” Opie said, pausing, his voice trembling. “Sorry, it’s shaking me more than usual."

By Saturday afternoon, members of the synagogue were gathering at a grief center waiting to hear about friends and family members caught in the shooting.

“It’s one of my biggest fears,” said Chuck Diamond, who worked as a rabbi at Tree of Life for seven years.

“When I was leading the congregation, I always had in the back of my mind that something like this will happen. It’s a terrible thing to feel."

Joel Achenbach, Devlin Barrett, Mark Berman, Kristine Phillips, Mike Rosenwald and Katie Zezima contributed to this developing story.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2018, 07:24:26 am »
Tuesday, 30th October 2018
Puppetine To Visit Pittsburgh Despite Objections From Mayor, Jewish Leaders
by Brakkton Booker

puppetine plans to travel to Pittsburgh on Tuesday afternoon, as the city continues to mourn Saturday's massacre that claimed the lives of 11 worshippers at a synagogue.

When puppetine arrives, he is expected to meet with members of the local Jewish community.

But the visit comes despite the wishes of some political and religious leaders who felt that puppetine should come at a later date — or not at all.

The visit is the same day of the first funerals for those killed at the Tree of Life synagogue.

The city's Democratic mayor, Bill Peduto, urged the president not to come while friends and families were burying their loved ones.

"I do believe that it would be best to put the attention on families this week and if he were to visit, choose a different time to do it," Peduto told CNN.

In an interview that aired on Fox News on Monday, puppetine said he wants to go to Pittsburgh to pay his respects and plans to visit the police officers and injured victims in the hospital.

"I really look forward to going," puppetine said.

"I would have done it even sooner, but I didn't want to disrupt any more than they already had disruption."

The president's skeptics wonder how he can "express his support for the American people and grieve with the Pittsburgh community," as the White House said he intends to do, while continuing to use divisive rhetoric toward those he considers political foes.

At a press briefing Monday, White House press secretary Sarah Huckleberry Sanders insisted the president only want to unite the country, noting that some of his grandchildren, his daughter Ivanka and son-in-law Jared Kushner are all Jewish.

Would You Like To Know More?
https://www.npr.org/2018/10/30/662017268/trump-to-visit-pittsburgh-but-not-everyone-will-welcome-him

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2018, 02:20:53 pm »