Author Topic: Secret Wars  (Read 23786 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Secret Wars
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2015, 06:25:14 pm »
Such a waste of Chris Bachalo's talents, put that man back on a Avengers or Spidey book

Yeah I do like his artwork.

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2015, 08:39:49 pm »
Such a waste of Chris Bachalo's talents, put that man back on a Avengers or Spidey book

Damn shame now he seems to be grafted to Bendis

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Grab Them By The Pod
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2015, 08:57:00 am »

Damn shame now he seems to be grafted to Bendis

More of this Bachalo

Less of this Bachalo

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2015, 10:52:10 am »
I like both but old Bachalo is as dead as disco

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2015, 03:14:48 pm »
I like his newer stuff better.  But he was on X-Men long before Bendis came on board.

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2015, 07:44:26 pm »
He was but until Aaron and Bendis went X and pulled him he was switching between Avengers and Spider-Man and Spidey IMO is a far better fit for his current style

Offline Moose100

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2015, 08:12:07 am »

Did anyone else pick up on the way Doom and Molecule Man used the same language as Shuri and T'Challa ("put the knife where it belongs") about writing history and causing the universal collapses?

As I saw it, the exchange reminded me about an old Christopher Priest statement was T'Challa was the 'good' version of Doom in the MU. The constant replays about Shuri wounding Proxima Midnight (as well as T'Challa stabbing Namor) make me wonder about the longer term effects of being stabbed with vibranium.

There is an interesting narrative triangle that MU has created between Reed, T'Challa, and Doom. I think it may be at the center of the Secret Wars plot.

What do you think?

Great Catch! I knew he words were familiar but didnt catch that. He said Tchalla was important despite my dissappointment. I have been hopeful hed shine in SW because he wasnt myuch in the second act. (Avengers New Avengers)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2015, 08:19:14 am »

Did anyone else pick up on the way Doom and Molecule Man used the same language as Shuri and T'Challa ("put the knife where it belongs") about writing history and causing the universal collapses?

As I saw it, the exchange reminded me about an old Christopher Priest statement was T'Challa was the 'good' version of Doom in the MU. The constant replays about Shuri wounding Proxima Midnight (as well as T'Challa stabbing Namor) make me wonder about the longer term effects of being stabbed with vibranium.

There is an interesting narrative triangle that MU has created between Reed, T'Challa, and Doom. I think it may be at the center of the Secret Wars plot.

What do you think?

Great Catch! I knew he words were familiar but didnt catch that. He said Tchalla was important despite my dissappointment. I have been hopeful hed shine in SW because he wasnt myuch in the second act. (Avengers New Avengers)

Did I read correctly that the different issues of Secret Wars will have different writers? That is Hickman isn't writing the entire series?  I thought Aaron was writing one issue.  I hope not; whenever they do that, the story reads choppy and sometimes even conflict.  (Plus, not good for BP, if other writers take over now.)

Offline KidKamikaze10

• Some Nigerian Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2015, 12:28:37 pm »

What do you think?

Did I read correctly that the different issues of Secret Wars will have different writers? That is Hickman isn't writing the entire series?  I thought Aaron was writing one issue.  I hope not; whenever they do that, the story reads choppy and sometimes even conflict.  (Plus, not good for BP, if other writers take over now.)

All Hickman.  Everyone else is writing other stories.  Some may have little impact in the main, the vast majority will not.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2015, 04:09:26 pm »
SPOILER ALERT REGARDING THE NEW THOR'S IDENTITY

She's Jane Foster. Donald Blake's ex-gf or whatever. And the act of picking up Mjolnir...the power of the hammer...is killing her. Causing her to have breast cancer.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/05/marvel-female-thor-secret-identity-jason-aaron.html

Any teasers for SW 2?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2015, 05:19:07 pm »

She's Jane Foster. Donald Blake's ex-gf or whatever. And the act of picking up Mjolnir...the power of the hammer...is killing her. Causing her to have breast cancer.

http://www.vulture.com/2015/05/marvel-female-thor-secret-identity-jason-aaron.html

Any teasers for SW 2?

First Pepper Potts is Rescue
Then Betty becomes Red She-Hulk
Gwen Stacy becomes Spider-Gwen

Now Jane becomes Thor.

So Monica is going to become the new Black Panther-clone.

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2015, 08:08:17 pm »

Any teasers for SW 2?

First Pepper Potts is Rescue
Then Betty becomes Red She-Hulk
Gwen Stacy becomes Spider-Gwen

Now Jane becomes Thor.

So Monica is going to become the new Black Panther-clone.

Don't give Marvel any ideas.

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2015, 08:24:03 pm »

Any teasers for SW 2?

As someone who didn't want this spoiled wtf does this have to do with Secret Wars?

Offline KidKamikaze10

• Some Nigerian Guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2015, 08:05:32 am »
Yeah that has nothing to do with Secret Wars, remove that.

Also, SW #2 had no T'Challa (but it did have Bast).  T'Challa did appear in Mighty though.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2015, 06:00:00 pm »
Yeah that has nothing to do with Secret Wars, remove that.

Also, SW #2 had no T'Challa (but it did have Bast).  T'Challa did appear in Mighty though.

Why would another Doom wankfest have T'Challa in it?