Author Topic: McDuffie's Fantastic Four Thread.  (Read 45331 times)

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
McDuffie's Fantastic Four Thread.
« on: January 19, 2007, 10:51:51 am »
Hey guys because the master should have his own place here I wanted to create a thread where we can discuss the McDuffie run on the Fantastic Four. Of course you can find reviews and all out spoilers in the review section and you can post on different subjects relating to the Fantastic Four or McDuffie in the comics section but I wanted to have a central place where any who look can find FF talk.
------------------------------------------

First off this was a great first issue. Although it does not give a hint to the direction his series is ultimately going to go it does remind us of two things. One is McDuffie's great writing ability and two given the right story and writer the Fantastic Four can be cool. Reed is the ultimate. I knew all along that it had to be some reasoning reason for reed to behave like he has. Everyone wanted to portray him as being out of character but if any one Reed would see a purpose. People will say that Reed's decision making is far fetched but remember with numerology there are people who live their whole lives around the science of numbers. Who can argue with numbers. 1 +1 always = 2. It takes a smart man to write the fantastic Four and it looks like marvel made a great choice. All of you go pick this book up right now. :)
---------------
edited for the english teacher. :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 05:54:31 pm by bluezulu »

Online Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Re: McDuffies Fantastic Four Thread.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 12:50:08 pm »
so what's the issue about? what's Reed's rationale?
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
Re: McDuffies Fantastic Four Thread.
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 02:00:53 pm »
2nd to post.

also, the title should read, "McDuffie's Fantastic Four Thread."

You forgot the apostrophe.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: McDuffie's Fantastic Four Thread.
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 05:58:36 pm »
Spoilers

* Basically using complex logic formulas sprung from a book he read as a kid coincidently when stark approached him about the theory of the need for super heroes to register or change how they did things, he was already ready because according to his complicated analysis, he is able to predict some unmentioned catastrophic equation. So basically removing the human element out of it, he had to do the evil things like clor because he choose to sacrifice his soul and a few others "collateral" damage to serve the greater good. Reed better have a damn good reason. He is going to need that little upcoming vacation.

Offline In_Spirit

• "Kiss the ring...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 10:56:11 pm »
Spoilers

* Basically using complex logic formulas sprung from a book he read as a kid coincidently when stark approached him about the theory of the need for super heroes to register or change how they did things, he was already ready because according to his complicated analysis, he is able to predict some unmentioned catastrophic equation. So basically removing the human element out of it, he had to do the evil things like clor because he choose to sacrifice his soul and a few others "collateral" damage to serve the greater good. Reed better have a damn good reason. He is going to need that little upcoming vacation.

Sounds interesting.  I usually stick to the Ultimate Fantastic Four, but I guess I'll check these issues out as I'm intrigued with Reed Richards development.  I wonder if "World War Hulk" is part of that unmentioned catastrophe. 

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 11:41:18 pm »
* Basically using complex logic formulas sprung from a book he read as a kid

That book was "Foundation" by the late great Isaac Asimov. I demand you all go read it immediately. (Gonna have to re-read it myself...)

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 05:16:31 am »
* Basically using complex logic formulas sprung from a book he read as a kid

That book was "Foundation" by the late great Isaac Asimov. I demand you all go read it immediately. (Gonna have to re-read it myself...)
A fine recommendation.  It's actually a series of 7 books, counting only Asimov's Foundation novels.  It was originally a trilogy that Asimov extended later in his career.  It's about the science of psycho-history, a probabilistic analysis of future events of large populations, i.e. predicting the future mathematically on a large-scale.  All this set against the collapse of the galactic empire.  A science-fiction classic.

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled thread...
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline Reginald Hudlin

• Landlord
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 01:36:35 pm »
So glad this thread was started.  This issue was great when he described it to me months ago but actually reading it is even better.  Dwayne is incredible.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 04:39:38 pm »
why i gotta be an english teacher?
hahahah...

anyway, maybe i should have read the thread first before i posted.  i didnt even know the book was already out.  time 2 make a call to the LCS.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline Rasmane

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 03:46:25 pm »
First off this was a great first issue...All of you go pick this book up right now.

Damn it--I knew I forgot something! >:(

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 08:44:13 pm »
Got it today and McDuffie made this book so funny, cool and intelligent...something that is sorely needed in comics.   He is the man!

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2007, 09:35:44 am »
Johnny - Are you saying the ends justify the means?
Reed - Only 1.396% of the time.

Awesome dialogue, I'm realy looking forward to what McDuffie does on his dream title, especially when the action really gets going. Oh, and Curtis, trust McDuffie to find the correct French for 'it's clobbering time!' ;)

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline Rockscissorspaper

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2007, 02:40:19 pm »
Awesome dialogue, I'm realy looking forward to what McDuffie does on his dream title, especially when the action really gets going.

Yeah...once the Civil war bs is on the "back burner" I'm looking forward to what McDuffie will do with the FF.

Online Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2007, 02:49:55 pm »
Awesome dialogue, I'm realy looking forward to what McDuffie does on his dream title, especially when the action really gets going.

Yeah...once the Civil war bs is on the "back burner" I'm looking forward to what McDuffie will do with the FF.

I want to see the team to go into outer space and discover a new planet in a new galaxy.. with hostile natives that are more powerful..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 12:24:29 pm »
HOW MANY issues have i missed?
just one?