Author Topic: McDuffie's Fantastic Four Thread.  (Read 45239 times)

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
  • We are men of action. Lies do not become us.
    • View Profile
    • Friends of the JLI
Re: McDuffie's Fantastic Four Thread.
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2007, 05:47:21 pm »
Read McDuffie's FF #543 and it was cool....great introduction to BP & Storm as part of the team!

I was underwhelmed by this issue.  There was really good characterization and I know its an anniversary issue, but how many times do we need to retread the creation and history of the FF.  I really found myself skipping over these interviews and focusing on the current story.

And if they had to keep the interviews in, I wish they'd have used Lyja, rather than continue to ignore her.

Still, I'm looking forward to next month when the real stories begin.   

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2007, 10:30:24 am »
This was good filler. I mean I have never collected this series so I know it was just a set up for the real deal next issue. Even when Reed and Sue return Im going to stick around to support mcDuffie. It also helps that I won't have to be aware of everything that happend with this book for the last 50 years to enjoy it.

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2007, 12:28:16 pm »
IAWB!

Offline kitamu Re

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2007, 12:42:43 pm »
I was underwhelmed by this issue.

yeah i wanted more story as well especially for 4.00 bucks. I'll stick around till the royal couple leaves. I have never like the FF, to much leave it to beaver for me.

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2007, 03:55:58 pm »
I ain't gonna lie I planned to check out #543 for Storm and BP but that art, that art...lawd dea' gawd. It wasn't for me. It isn't like I didn't try to read the comic and ignore it but eventually the dialogue box leads your eyes to it. I'm sure it was a great issue but I'll never know.  :(
...Rassclaat.

Offline Hulkster

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2007, 06:17:26 am »
Thatguy and others are now predicting that Dwayne's portrayal of T'Challa will be crap because he respects Reggie's portrayal. 

http://www.comicboards.com/blackpanther/view.php?rpl=070311185852

Offline bluezulu

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2007, 03:59:10 pm »
Those are the most spiritualy impotent group of guys. The site is the black panthe message board. I guess it is the place to discuss all things black panther right? Well not only do these guys not read any books that this character appears in but they bash any place that he appears as well. The black panther appears every month in marvel adventures, appeared in the storm mini, was in the illuminati,civil war some and now will be in the fantastic four. They have either shown indiffrence or all out hate for every version of this character since priest wrote him 4 years ago. They are the ones who keep that site going. It is sad really. From time to time someone curious about the black panther will come and ask a question and they will blast Reggie and indirectly the character and send the person off to the quater bin of their local comic shop to hunt for a series thats 4 years old. Kind of sad really. The black panther message board gives me a vision of the old western movies with the ghost town with the wind blowing and all you hear is silence and all you see is tumble weeds blowing in the wind. Pathetic.

Offline Hulkster

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2007, 09:34:17 am »
Dwayne actually responds to this in the link below.  He, as I do, sees Reggie's Panther as intelligent, a powerful king, and a master strategist.  They seem to want to pretend that Reggie's Panther is none of the above, which is ridiculous.  Anyone without blinders on can see that writing Panther this way would be most consistant with Reggie's Panther.

http://www.thevhive.com/forum/index.php?webtag=DWAYNEMCDUFFIE&msg=21.1711
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 09:40:17 am by Hulkster »

Offline Wise Son

• Honorary Wakandan
  • "intelligent and slightly Black. I'm from the 80s"
    • View Profile
    • My website
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2007, 02:32:01 am »
Did anyone else get the impression that Doom's interview was a bit of metacommentary on anyone inparticular? A 'buffoon' who has 'created secret prisons' and 'erroded your country's habeus corpus'?

"Children, if you are tired, keep going; if you are hungry, keep going; if you want to taste freedom, keep going."
-Harriet Tubman
http://yo

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2007, 11:54:37 am »
Those are the most spiritualy impotent group of guys. The site is the black panthe message board. I guess it is the place to discuss all things black panther right? Well not only do these guys not read any books that this character appears in but they bash any place that he appears as well. The black panther appears every month in marvel adventures, appeared in the storm mini, was in the illuminati,civil war some and now will be in the fantastic four. They have either shown indiffrence or all out hate for every version of this character since priest wrote him 4 years ago. They are the ones who keep that site going. It is sad really. From time to time someone curious about the black panther will come and ask a question and they will blast Reggie and indirectly the character and send the person off to the quater bin of their local comic shop to hunt for a series thats 4 years old. Kind of sad really. The black panther message board gives me a vision of the old western movies with the ghost town with the wind blowing and all you hear is silence and all you see is tumble weeds blowing in the wind. Pathetic.

Yeah I used to go to that site quite a bit, but now I can't stand it. I don't have a problem if you dislike a character but heaven's ake does everything out of their mouths have to be negative toward Hudlin of the Black Panther? Why in the world do they call that forum the Black Panther forum like it's for fans? Call it what it is. It should be called the Black Pnather /Hudlin Haterade club.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2007, 12:44:07 pm »
no...u mean "The Supporters of the Return of the  Christopher Priest BLACK PANTHER"
:)
I may have been a part of that cult.
i mean...Priest was the man in my eyes...even though his stories were deep and full of socio-political mumbo-jumbo that i didnt understand...that shiznit was off the chain.

being a part of that group when the book relaunched, i heard a lot of that negativity and after the 1st issue (on my game room's wall with the rest of my black panther books), i didn't bother to buy anymore books (mainly because i was broke as heck! so i dont know about the first arc or the african kingdom arc with the xmen).

i wasn't until mr. hudlin replied to my email personally from his aol acct that i gave the new panther a chance and i've been hooked ever since.  (I saw The Black Panther poster in Jordan's room on Bernie Mac as well as Reggie's name as the exec prod or director of the show...so i had to email him and ask him a few questions)

The rest is history.
i'm outta here.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Friends of the JLI
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2007, 01:18:48 pm »
no...u mean "The Supporters of the Return of the  Christopher Priest BLACK PANTHER"
:)
I may have been a part of that cult.
i mean...Priest was the man in my eyes...even though his stories were deep and full of socio-political mumbo-jumbo that i didnt understand...that shiznit was off the chain.

I'm sure this has been asked, but have you read Justice League Task Force, by Priest?  For some reason that I can;t put my finger on, I love that book.  Love rereading it.  It made me a fan of Priest.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2007, 01:25:55 pm »
oh, i still got love for Priest.
please believe that.
but no... i havent read task force.
i'll go see if i can find it like i recently found the falcon mini series and the first episode of fantastic force feature vibraxas.
i havent read 'em yet, though.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Offline JLI Jesse

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Friends of the JLI
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2007, 01:35:06 pm »
oh, i still got love for Priest.
please believe that.
but no... i havent read task force.
i'll go see if i can find it like i recently found the falcon mini series and the first episode of fantastic force feature vibraxas.
i havent read 'em yet, though.

You could probably find the entire JLTF run in the quarter bins.  Though I would start with issue 0 which is followed by 15 I think....priest really took off after zero hour, and while the stuff before was fair, it really was hit or miss.

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2007, 02:06:10 pm »
so, buy issue ZERO, then start with issue 15?