Author Topic: Daredevil or Batman?  (Read 9307 times)

Offline jackson35

• View Profile
Re: Daredevil or Batman?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2015, 11:22:00 am »
my point was that batman became pussywhipped to the point where he gave dick grayson his walking paper and made catwoman his partner. a street hero is not suppose to be whipped  to a point where you forget your principals

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2015, 03:35:16 pm »
my point was that batman became pussywhipped to the point where he gave dick grayson his walking paper and made catwoman his partner. a street hero is not suppose to be whipped  to a point where you forget your principals

What exact storyline are you referring to? I mean in the Knightfall storyline Bruce passed the mantle to Jean Paul Valley, which wasn't the smartest move, but that had nothing to do with Catwoman. After that debacle, Dick Grayson did step in as Batman for the Prodigal storyline, if I recall correctly. More recently, Dick Grayson became Batman again when everyone thought Batman was dead.

Dick and Bruce have had a complicated relationship, but I don't see him choosing Catwoman over Dick, really ever. Bruce has had a complicated relationship with most of the Bat Family, as evidenced by the fallout from The Death of the Family storyline in the New 52. But even there I don't see Catwoman being the cause of that, if anything she falls under the umbrella of another complicated personal relationship that Batman has.

And I think it can be argued that Dick has shown his own independence over the years as well. So I don't know if it was a situation of Bruce kicking him out so much as Dick growing up and coming to an impasse with Bruce and deciding to carve his own path.

Batman has never been whipped by Catwoman. He cares for her, but it's complicated. Even if he was, I don't see how he's abandoned his principles because of it. He does let her go, but at the same time Catwoman has morphed over the years between villain and anti-hero, so she's not always a criminal and definitely not one of the worst criminals that Batman faces. I'm sure if you look back in Daredevil's past he has gotten his nose opened up by female characters, like his wife or Karen Page, but that didn't make him less of a hero.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2015, 06:25:05 pm »
batman being pussywhipped by Catwoman is a well-established meme in every story platform ever written for both characters from the live-action television show, to the animated shows, to the adult entertainment shows, to the movies and video games.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 01:58:02 pm »
Define pussy whipped. Because I don't see it that way. He likes her. He's easier on her, but as I said she's not that dangerous a criminal and some times she's not a criminal at all. So its not like she has him wrapped around her finger.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2015, 04:14:39 pm »
Define pussy whipped. Because...

Sure...

I find Google very useful.  :)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 05:06:08 pm »
No, you say something but you provide no evidence to back it up. Now if that's your opinion that's one thing and it's fine, but you've made a statement, I would like to see examples to back it up.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 06:05:25 pm »

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 06:15:37 pm »
Even if he was,  a Batman is still wins the "Hard Choice", because. .. with a deep gravelly voice,  "He's Batman. "

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 06:41:08 pm »
Even if he was,  a Batman is still wins the "Hard Choice", because. .. with a deep gravelly voice,  "He's Batman. "

Only in your mind.  ;)

Offline jackson35

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2015, 11:41:29 pm »
for those of you who have batman 300, where he fought killer croc is where he just completely lost it. daredevil definitely got it