Author Topic: Racial Terrorism in Charleston  (Read 21287 times)

Offline michaelintp

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Racial Terrorism in Charleston
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2015, 08:33:45 am »

An intensive review of all federal, state, and municipal employees to remove people who sympathize with the ideologies that inspire this killer is also in order. We would all be wise to watch for individuals who seek to minimize the prevalence of this lethal hatred in our communities.

http://www.timesherald.com/opinion/20150623/greason-heres-to-a-peaceful-and-prosperous-summer

"Fabulous" modest proposal. With that "review" and "determination" to be made by YOU and BATTLE.

Looks like NRA members, supporters of the Tea Party Movement, Conservative Republicans, and avid fans of Fox News will be lookin' for new jobs soon. (See "Lone Wolf" article you posted, above).

Don't we just love totalitarianism! 😙

« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 08:58:38 am by michaelintp »
The spirit of emptiness is immortal.
It is called the Great Mother
because it gives birth to Heaven and Earth.
It is like a vapor,
barely seen but always present.
Use it effortlessly.

Tao Te Ching, Ch. 6

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2015, 03:09:00 pm »

An intensive review of all federal, state, and municipal employees to remove people who sympathize with the ideologies that inspire this killer is also in order. We would all be wise to watch for individuals who seek to minimize the prevalence of this lethal hatred in our communities.

http://www.timesherald.com/opinion/20150623/greason-heres-to-a-peaceful-and-prosperous-summer

"Fabulous" modest proposal. With that "review" and "determination" to be made by YOU and BATTLE.

Looks like NRA members, supporters of the Tea Party Movement, Conservative Republicans, and avid fans of Fox News will be lookin' for new jobs soon. (See "Lone Wolf" article you posted, above).

Don't we just love totalitarianism! 😙

Huh?
I don't understand any of your comments on Metro's suggestions.

Here are the last two paragraphs of Metro's column:

Beyond the prayers and heartfelt words intended to heal, there is basic work required from people of good faith if the nation is to avoid one of its bloodiest summers ever. The widespread denials about the continuing power of white supremacy must end. Too many communities remain divided by racism and animated by specific hostility against African Americans. Places like Shelby, South Carolina, Boyertown, Pennsylvania, and Howell, New Jersey, must face their histories of explicit hatred that have shaped their current realities of segregation and injustice. Suburban counties like Montgomery, Chester, and Bucks in the Philadelphia area must engage in pointed, thorough reviews to root out public officials, especially in law enforcement, who hold racist views against black people, immigrants, and religious minorities. Further, every jurisdiction (local, county, state, and federal) must develop a sustained, generational agenda to remedy the persistent inequalities in business ownership, housing, employment, and education that have impoverished communities like Philadelphia, Norristown, and Coatesville. Finally, every bank, realtor, and small business with more than ten employees must look to support leaders and programs like the ones growing in Montgomery County over the last month.

As new graduates begin a summer of celebration, they and their families are the keys to expanding on the important successes of local organizations like the Norristown Men of Excellence and the Carver Community Center. More importantly, families from surrounding communities like East Norriton, West Norriton, King of Prussia, Blue Bell, and Plymouth Meeting have the power to break out of their racial isolation to make the region an inclusive place for all people. This coalition is the only possibility for a peaceful and prosperous summer - in Pennsylvania and across the United States.

So what specifically you talking about?
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline michaelintp

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2015, 03:46:49 pm »
Curtis, the article you looked at is not Dr. Greason's "Lone Wolf" article. I understand your confusion, as the article I'm referring to was in his prior post, not the post where he states his "firing" proposal. It is his "Lone Wolf" article that is particularly relevant.

Below is what Dr. Greason says in his "Lone Wolf" article. Conjoin this with his statement that certain public employees should be fired because "someone" determines that they hold the wrong views. I'm sorry, but I certainly don't trust persons like Dr. Greason (or Battle) or anyone with similar views to be the arbiters of some ideological test of wrong sympathies that could result in employment termination.  While my comment was tongue-in-cheek, as he expressly mentions the groups I listed, I find the inherent totalitarianism in his "modest proposal" creepy, to say the least. Particularly in its implementation by persons with a political or ideological axe to grind.

From the article (bolding added):

This rhetoric is supported by many Conservatives, GOP’s Tea Party and Fox News, and is part of the daily narrative that keeps racism alive and fuels domestic terrorism against Black and Arab people. Naturally the above statement will be dismissed, replaced by the same old narrative of hate filled racism that spurs terrorism.

Roof did not act alone. He had the support of the NRA, senior white supremacists, including the KKK and other Conservative terrorist groups. Many are government officials who oversee our law enforcement.

It’s time to unmask these cowardly public servants.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 04:23:41 pm by michaelintp »
It is like a vapor,
Use it effortlessly.

Tao Te Ching, Ch. 6

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2015, 04:10:20 pm »
Here is what Dr. Greason says in his "Lone Wolf" article.
The one by Angela Grant?

Conjoin this with his statement that certain public employees should be fired because "someone" determines that they hold the wrong views. I'm sorry, but I certainly don't trust persons like Dr. Greason (or Battle) or anyone with similar views to be the arbiters of some ideological test of wrong sympathies that could result in employment termination.  While my comment was tongue-in-cheek, as he expressly mentions the groups I listed, I find the inherent totalitarianism in his "modest proposal" creepy, to say the least.
I don't believe that accurately represents Metro's position. But we don't have to guess. Do you have a question here?

From the article (bolding added):

This rhetoric is supported by many Conservatives, GOP’s Tea Party and Fox News, and is part of the daily narrative that keeps racism alive and fuels domestic terrorism against Black and Arab people. Naturally the above statement will be dismissed, replaced by the same old narrative of hate filled racism that spurs terrorism.

Roof did not act alone. He had the support of the NRA, senior white supremacists, including the KKK and other Conservative terrorist groups. Many are government officials who oversee our law enforcement.

It’s time to unmask these cowardly public servants.
What exactly do you take exception to here?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 04:41:15 pm by Curtis Metcalf »

Offline michaelintp

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2015, 05:10:08 pm »
Oh, I see my error. He posted an article (by Grant) supporting the firing of public employees, then posted the proposal that public employees be fired. All my comments still apply.

And no Curtis. I have no question for Walter Greason. Not after his obnoxious post after I responded in fair and respectful detail to his questions regarding Roof (which at the time I honestly didn't think were rhetorical). You know, where he resorted to the endorsement of childish name calling, and warned the forum in his subsequent post to "beware."  (So clever).

Why is it that you did not choose to comment on Dr. Greason's behavior, or Battle's behavior or failure to ask questions (that are not rhetorical)?  While subjecting my words to "special" scrutiny when I express a viewpoint. Except everyone else is entitled to do so without the restriction that they only are permitted to ask questions. 

Honestly, I'm sick of this Forum's double standard, selective targeting, tolerance of far worse done by others, etc.  It is really shameful ... and prejudiced.  With such a hostile environment, it is no wonder that one sees essentially only one viewpoint expressed regarding controversial issues (particularly in this section of the Forum), by the same handful of individuals, with any other persons of varied backgrounds and viewpoints largely refraining. Those who do hold different points of view or come from different backgrounds tend to focus their posts on movies, comic books, amusing news stories and otherwise light fare. It is no mystery why.

As to your follow-up question, my posts that you are commenting on are substantively self-explanatory. No further explanation required.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 06:56:43 am by michaelintp »
It is like a vapor,
Use it effortlessly.

Tao Te Ching, Ch. 6

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2015, 05:53:56 pm »
America will only end racism when it stops being racist

By Eugene Robinson
June 22, 2015

If American racism were a thing of the past, nine men and women who went to church last Wednesday evening would be alive.

What happened in Charleston, S.C., is not unfathomable or even ambiguous. It’s a story much older than the nation, a story that began when the first Africans were brought to Jamestown in 1619: the brutalizing and killing of black people because of the color of their skin.

The weekend displays of multiracial unity throughout the saddened city were inspiring, but they cannot be taken as a sign that the country has moved beyond its troubled racial past. The gunman who so coldly killed those innocent worshipers at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church did not exist in a vacuum. He inhaled deeply of the race hatred that constantly bubbles up like foul gas from a sewer.

The alleged assassin, Dylann Roof, left behind a manifesto that said he drew inspiration from the Web site of the Council of Conservative Citizens , a prominent white supremacist group. The organization’s proudly racist “statement of principles” declares that “the American people and government should remain European in their composition and character” and opposes “all efforts to mix the races of mankind.”

The Southern Poverty Law Center, which tracks hate groups, describes the council as a modern-day incarnation of the “White Citizens Councils” throughout the South that fought so tenaciously against desegregation during the civil rights era.

The council’s membership is thought to be small but its reach is vast, thanks to the Internet. Like hateful jihadists, white supremacists use cyberspace as a bulletin board and a meeting place. Come on in, young Mr. Roof, and let us tell you how those black people and those brown people are responsible for everything that’s going wrong in your life.

Some conservatives have been quick to absolve society of blame by pointing out that the accused Charleston shooter was mentally disturbed. But of course he was mentally disturbed; normal, well-adjusted individuals do not commit mass murder. And the fact is that the Charleston killings were intended to advance a specific cause. To look past Roof’s racism would be like ignoring the fact that the Tsarnaev brothers, who committed the Boston Marathon bombing, believed in a violent, twisted version of Islam.

“You rape our women, and you’re taking over our country,” Roof reportedly said to his victims before opening fire. This sick narrative comes straight from the Council of Conservative Citizens Web site, which inflates isolated incidents of black-on-white crime into some kind of race war and portrays the nation’s “European heritage” as being in dire peril.

President Obama chose an unusual forum — a podcast with comedian Marc Maron — to deliver his most candid remarks since the  Charleston massacre. Race relations have clearly improved in our lifetimes, he said, but “we are not cured” of racism “and it’s not just a matter of it not being polite to say ‘nigger’ in public.” Slavery and Jim Crow discrimination cast “a long shadow, and that’s still part of our DNA that’s passed on.”

Obama’s election in 2008 undoubtedly marked a milestone, one I never dreamed I’d live to see. I wrote at the time that it felt like morning in America.

What I didn’t fully appreciate then was the extent to which the mere fact of a black family living in the White House would, at least in the short term, heighten racial anxieties and conflicts. I didn’t see that the spectacle of African Americans in power would apparently lead some whites to feel powerless, aggrieved and victimized.

In the long run, I’m an optimist. But a post-racial future will not just appear. There is urgent work to do.

By all means, South Carolina, get rid of the Confederate battle flag, which has become an emblem of the white supremacist movement. The flag first flew over the state house in Columbia in 1961, not 1861; it was essentially an act of defiance, a raised middle finger toward a federal government that was forcing the end of Jim Crow.

But we need to go beyond speeches and symbols. Law enforcement should subject white racist organizations to the same surveillance and scrutiny as groups devoted to jihad. Governments at all levels should enforce fair housing and employment laws as vigorously as they enforce the Patriot Act. Police departments and court systems must be compelled to administer justice equally — with African Americans, too, considered innocent until proven guilty.

Our society will end racism when it stops being racist. Not a minute sooner.

Offline michaelintp

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2015, 10:51:02 pm »
Oh my. Stubbornly clinging ...

The weekend displays of multiracial unity throughout the saddened city were inspiring, but they cannot be taken as a sign that the country has moved beyond its troubled racial past.

Of courssssse not.  Not in the mind of someone with an agenda.

It is, of course, the author who cannot move beyond America's troubled racial past. Nor does he wish to.

The [Counsel of Concerned Citizens'] membership is thought to be small but its reach is vast, thanks to the Internet.

Any twisted jackass or small group of twisted jackasses can creat a website. That the group has few members is significant, but not in the mind of someone with an agenda who is stuck in the past.

This need to pretend that a group with few members is in any real way analogous to a large racist movement that existed many decades ago (that is today viewed as repugnant) is truly delusional. But apparently that is all the author needs to blame 21st Century "America" for Dylann Roof's horrific hate crime - a crime that everyone abhores.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 06:12:40 am by michaelintp »
It is like a vapor,
Use it effortlessly.

Tao Te Ching, Ch. 6

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2015, 07:27:39 pm »

Sorry for the confusion around the Grant article. I only see a few of the posts in the conversation in order to maintain a civil discourse here.

As my article describes, I support good faith, local efforts to identify public employees who sympathize with the killer's agenda. Given the widespread efforts of white nationalists to use access to military forces and law enforcement offices over the last decade, it would be prudent to screen for such individuals who could threaten public safety.  Specifically, in southeastern Pennsylvania, such individuals have been recently identified in public schools and local government. They explicitly supported policies of racial segregation that destroyed the lives of students and residents in the most cold-hearted fashion.

Your communities may differ, but very few municipal governments do not have these problems. The disproportionate impact of these problems falls on vulnerable populations like African Americans, as we have seen repeatedly for generations.

As to my "endorsement", it was mainly about the appropriateness of naming the crime as domestic terrorism - which the Attorney General has supported. To a smaller degree, it was an affirmation for Battle's support of Reggie.
Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University
(twitter) @worldprofessor

Offline michaelintp

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2015, 06:44:06 am »

domestic terrorists.

Don't allow the troll to put doubt in your mind. Stay the course, sir.  :)

Indeed.

Sorry for the confusion around the Grant article. I only see a few of the posts in the conversation in order to maintain a civil discourse here.

As my article describes, I support good faith, local efforts to identify public employees who sympathize with the killer's agenda. Given the widespread efforts of white nationalists to use access to military forces and law enforcement offices over the last decade, it would be prudent to screen for such individuals who could threaten public safety.  Specifically, in southeastern Pennsylvania, such individuals have been recently identified in public schools and local government. They explicitly supported policies of racial segregation that destroyed the lives of students and residents in the most cold-hearted fashion.

Your communities may differ, but very few municipal governments do not have these problems. The disproportionate impact of these problems falls on vulnerable populations like African Americans, as we have seen repeatedly for generations.

As to my "endorsement", it was mainly about the appropriateness of naming the crime as domestic terrorism - which the Attorney General has supported. To a smaller degree, it was an affirmation for Battle's support of Reggie.

Well, Dr. Greason, I guess when it comes to civil discourse it is important for you, me and everyone else to be clear about what we are saying.  Would have been an easy matter to say you agree Roof's attack was domestic terrorism, and that you support Reginald Hudlin, instead of saying "indeed" to Battle's hostile statement that (any reader would naturally conclude) affirmed agreement with his name-calling "troll" warning expressing alarm that (God forbid) Reggie agreed with what I posted.

In any event, as to the substance of your longer comment, I expressed my reservations. Of course if a police officer is an active member of the KKK, Aryan Nations or comparable militant hate group (or comparable militant hate groups catering to African-Americans, Latinos, etc.), or if that person openly advocated for a race war, you would get no argument.  However, based on what was stated in the article that you posted but didn't write, that also advocated the firing of public employees, and listed a number of reputable organizations and news outlets, I see cause for alarm and great opportunity for abuse.  Can we trust government to fairly and impartially identify the tainted organizations, when it could not even impartially conduct IRS audits of tax exempt organizations?  Will conservative organizations be targeted?  Tea Party organizations?  Outspoken anti-Leftist organizations?  The NRA?  The Republican Party?  Based on the hateful way all such organizations have been described on this Forum by some, and what kinds of statements are or are not considered "racist" and how that charge and similar charges are used to falsely smear people, it is very unclear where the line might be drawn, and who might be targeted.

It is worth noting that once such a process were to be applied, it could be applied to fire public employees who have expressed some views also expressed by militant black organizations, and the like.  Again, where do we draw the line?

Can we expect to enter an era of coworker informing on coworker, neighbor informing against neighbor, child informing against parent?

Even as to organizations that most would agree are bigoted, on the right or left, religious or secular, such organizations express all kinds of things on all kinds of topics, some of which are overtly racist or antisemitic or bigoted but some of which may not be (viewed alone). Also people may differ on what constitutes a racist or bigoted or antisemitic sentiment or position and what does not. Your proposal, unless very narrowly construed, is a slippery slope. Subject to partisan and ideological abuse. Running a significant risk of undermining our First Amendment Freedoms.
It is like a vapor,
Use it effortlessly.

Tao Te Ching, Ch. 6

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2015, 07:03:31 am »

By Eugene Robinson
June 22, 2015

The question about "how" to stop being racist is very important. European governments have taken important steps in this direction with their sanctions against public fascism. There is no slippery slope; just models of successful public policy to value the lives (and respect the genocide-filled histories) of vulnerable populations.

Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2015, 07:08:40 am »
Oh my. Stubbornly clinging ...

The weekend displays of multiracial unity throughout the saddened city were inspiring, but they cannot be taken as a sign that the country has moved beyond its troubled racial past.

Of courssssse not.  Not in the mind of someone with an agenda.

It is, of course, the author who cannot move beyond America's troubled racial past. Nor does he wish to.
Or he is simply reporting his observations. Are you discounting them because they differ from your own? Would it be belaboring the obvious to suggest that my life experience as a black man might look and feel different than yours leading me and perhaps Mr. Robinson to come to different conclusions about America's troubled racial present?

The [Counsel of Concerned Citizens'] membership is thought to be small but its reach is vast, thanks to the Internet.

Any twisted jackass or small group of twisted jackasses can creat a website. That the group has few members is significant, but not in the mind of someone with an agenda who is stuck in the past.

This need to pretend that a group with few members is in any real way analogous to a large racist movement that existed many decades ago (that is today viewed as repugnant) is truly delusional. But apparently that is all the author needs to blame 21st Century "America" for Dylann Roof's horrific hate crime - a crime that everyone abhores.
Michael, why is it that you are so adept at identifying the role of ideology in the case of Islamic terrorists and so quick to discount it in the case of domestic terrorists?

While it is true that the magnitude and shape of racist domestic terrorism has changed over time, how can you insist that this is completely unrelated when the killer himself says it is? And why do you deride anyone who dares to say different as "truly delusional"?

As others have pointed out, white people have a long history of being wrong (delusional?) about the state of race relations and racism in the US. I frankly don't think it's likely that the view you espouse is accurate. Yet you sometimes hold forth in a manner that comes across to me and others as pompous and condescending. I don't think that's your intent. If you want to engage in dialogue, maybe you could try to tone it down a bit.

For instance, I asked you some questions about what you meant because I didn't understand your point clearly. I suggested you do the same regarding Metro. And in fact, your attribution of Metro's intent was wrong.

Furthermore, you responded to my question with a paranoid rant based on your attribution of my intent. For the record, you were wrong again about that. My question was sincere; I didn't understand your post.

This pattern is familiar. I hope that describing it explicitly will help to bring it out where it can be examined. And please note, I'm not the least bit angry. If anything, I'm a little bemused.

Offline michaelintp

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2015, 09:12:21 am »
I've a suggestion for everyone on the Forum. Stick to the substance of the topic at hand. If you disagree with someone else's assertion, simply express that disagreement. If you wish, explain why. Treat all members of the forum equally, whether you agree with them or not, whether they share your politics or don't, whether they are of the same ethnic/racial background or not. Of course avoid calling other forum members nasty names and the like. I believe if these basic principles of civility were followed, we would see much broader and diverse participation in discussions. Or at least possibly so.

And yes, Curtis, I am not being condescending.  I appreciate your taking me at my word just as you take Dr. Greason at his word.  I pointed out specifically why I believe the author was distorting reality, in analogizing a fringe organization with few members to a widespread racist movement that existed many decades ago, to condemn "America" today. And what I believe was his poo-pooing the significance of displays of racial unity.

I understand you disagree, but that is my view. Don't have time for Q &A's going back and forth (which tend to drag on and on and turn into a full-time project).

You mention Islamic Terrorists. The global Islamist Movement is different because it is widespread, with millions upon millions of adherents, and thus is directly comparable to violent racist and bigoted mass movements of times past. Such as Nazism.

Ugly violent ideologies are ugly violent ideologies, but there is a world of difference between large organized movements with vast numbers of adherents globally vs. organizations with a few members that represent a disgusting fringe. Of course the latter will never entirely go away. They need to be monitored by the FBI, because even a few people or one person revved up by an ideology of hate can harm or kill innocents, as we so tragically recently experienced.

Finally, I learned in the discussion of the cosplayer who innocently honored her favorite character from The Walking Dead (Michonne) that "perceptions" are often just that. Revealing as much about the perceiver as the thing or person perceived.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 03:17:29 pm by michaelintp »
It is like a vapor,
Use it effortlessly.

Tao Te Ching, Ch. 6

Offline michaelintp

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2015, 09:30:02 am »

By Eugene Robinson
June 22, 2015

The question about "how" to stop being racist is very important. European governments have taken important steps in this direction with their sanctions against public fascism. There is no slippery slope; just models of successful public policy to value the lives (and respect the genocide-filled histories) of vulnerable populations.

I believe that most legal scholars agree that what is taking place in Europe is fundamentally inconsistent with the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

I also believe that there are inconsistencies in how the criminalization of free speech is enforced in Europe. This is the hazard endemic in criminal censorship laws.

I understand that our freedom comes at a price.  Sometimes a steep price.  But I'm not willing to throw it away.

I am the first to admit this is not an easy issue.  There are hazards either way, though I believe our Constitution is clear.

I do, however, absolutely agree that dangerous hate groups need to be closely monitored by the FBI and other law enforcement agencies.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 12:42:41 pm by michaelintp »
It is like a vapor,
Use it effortlessly.

Tao Te Ching, Ch. 6

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2015, 05:21:59 pm »

Free expression never outweighs an individual's right to life. Such assertions fall squarely in the domain of arguments that presume the worthlessness of black people, especially when argued within old interpretations of the United States Constitution.

"When someone shows you who they are, believe them: the first time." ~ Maya Angelou

>>>De facto segregation survived the legal and judicial reforms of the era.  In fact, segregationists became more sophisticated about the methods of maintaining racial inequality in every area.  The emergence of the global service economy relied on the continued
use of assumptions from the origins of industrial segregation.  By the end of the twentieth century, nearly every accomplishment of the movement had been limited or reversed to support the concentration and isolation of African Americans (and anyone who drew inspiration from their example). Racial inequality remained intransigent because the movement settled for killing white paternalism instead of white supremacy.<<<

PUBLIC PROPERTY: A Reflection in Honor of Trayvon Martin
http://h-net.msu.edu/cgi-bin/logbrowse.pl?trx=vx&list=H-Afro-Am&month=1204&week=a&msg=q9vZYmIqoPY6v4U%2BIl%2BAnQ
Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University

Offline michaelintp

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2015, 05:33:33 pm »
Well Dr., we've laid out the respective positions on the First Amendment Freedom of Speech/Censorship of Hate Speech issue, including public employee firing.

I worry how such a policy could be manipulated, you do not.  You look at how this might save lives (if people are not exposed to the public expression of such speech), I fear how many innocent lives may be ruined and legitimate free expression quashed under a climate of fear.

Jews all also frequently the subjects of hate speech. Just read Roof's manifesto. And hate crimes/terrorism.  The irony is that persons who most outspokenly condemn those who wish to genocidally exterminate Jews could themselves be prosecuted or fired, depending on how such a regime were implemented and with what biases. So who know at the end of the day how many lives will be lost.

This is a complex issue and we have articulated the considerations on both sides.

Have a great weekend. 😊
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 06:35:13 pm by michaelintp »
It is like a vapor,
Use it effortlessly.

Tao Te Ching, Ch. 6