Author Topic: Milestone Media press  (Read 1814 times)

Offline daingermouz20

• View Profile
Re: Milestone Media press
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2017, 09:16:41 am »
Great! Hopefully these characters will look similiar to their original look and personality

Offline Mastrmynd

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Check my new site www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com
    • View Profile
    • http://arvellpoe.atspace.com/
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2017, 02:14:49 pm »
How are we NOT talking about the press conference?
Brother Mr. Hudlin...you're writing everything! lol
And you have Ken Lashley with you, too?
oh.my.goodness.
please...take my money. insist.

Listen to my entertaining radio show, "The Takeover: Top 20 Countdown" at www.top20takeover.VVCRadio.com.

Right on to the real and death to the fakers!  Peace out!

Offline 4sake

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017, 02:30:59 pm »
Pull List

Offline CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2017, 06:10:20 pm »
Cause I was hoping for a Sat. panel.

Looking forward to spring 2018. Put your pre-orders in

Offline CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2017, 06:31:21 pm »
This newasrama link has the play by play of the panel.

https://www.newsarama.com/36748-nycc-17-dc-s-milestone-panel.html

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2017, 06:47:31 am »
Can someone explain to me what Milestone is exactly?

It is before my comic time.

All i know about it is Static, just because I remember the cartoon.

Offline Vic Vega

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2017, 08:11:09 am »
Can someone explain to me what Milestone is exactly?

It is before my comic time.

All i know about it is Static, just because I remember the cartoon.

Milestone was independently owned comic imprint of DC. Imagine if the X-men were separately owned by its creators and the characters had their own world apart from the Marvel Universe.

The original creators were Derek Dingle, Dwight McDuffie, Denis Cowan, Michael Davis and Priest who left before the first issue went to press.

The books were (what I can remember off the top of my head):

Static: pretty much like the cartoon you know.

Icon: (officially about a Black Superman type character but the story was really from the point of view of his female teenage sidekick, Rocket)

Hardware: Frustrated genius inventor wages a vigilante war in armor of his own design against the corrupt corporation that stole his work).

Blood Syndicate: Street Teens mutated in an illegal Police gas attack form a super powered gang to protect their turf/interests.

Shadow Cabinet: Basically a cross between the Justice League and SHIELD if it was run by an amoral, manipulative leader who only cared about the "greater good".

Kobalt: Basically low-tech Batman if Batman's sidekick's was in over his head rookie.  Another book told mostly from the perspective of the sidekick.

Xombi: Korean Scientist gains immortality in a lab accident and now is pitted against bizarre mystical threats.

Heroes Milestone's version of the Justice League. Icon, Rocket, Hardware, Static, Donner and Blitzen (Donner's super strong Blitzen's super fast and the are a lesbian couple).

I'm sure somebody will correct my misrememberings.

Offline daingermouz20

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2017, 07:51:59 pm »
I'm sooooo excited by tbe latest Milestone I started to wet myself on purpose. Can't wait.

Offline TripleX

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2017, 05:54:46 pm »
There's no mention of my two favorite Milestone books...Hardware and Blood Syndicate. I own all the Icons (as well as the complete line) but didn't really like him as a character. He was too conservative, fatherly and square, like an unfunny Bill Cosby turned superhero. The new promo art looks amazing though. It's a near perfect update for Icon and Rocket but I wish they'd kept Icon's red, black and green.

I'd upload the pics but this site won't allow me to do it directly from my computer (which sucks, I mean why? this is the only site I've been on like this) and photobucket charges now.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2017, 11:16:04 am »
There's no mention of my two favorite Milestone books...Hardware and Blood Syndicate. I own all the Icons (as well as the complete line) but didn't really like him as a character. He was too conservative, fatherly and square, like an unfunny Bill Cosby turned superhero. The new promo art looks amazing though. It's a near perfect update for Icon and Rocket but I wish they'd kept Icon's red, black and green.

I hope they relaunch Hardware.  At the end of the original run he hung up his Armor and moved away.  It was teased that a young woman would take over.

It might be nice to see Augustus "Icon" Freeman gradually becomes "woke" by viewing the world through Rocket's eyes and a perhaps a fearful societal reaction to his exploits as a "superhero"/vigilante?  Also, please have him engage in more h2h combat!

My Two Cents!

Peace,

Mont