Author Topic: Cosby show or Martin  (Read 11926 times)

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
  • One never knows, do one?
    • View Profile
Re: Cosby show or Martin
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2018, 07:18:51 am »
How many of those accusers had their stories discredited?
I don't know, do you? I believe a good deal less than all of them. I'm aware of some of their stories being disputed.

Do you think he's innocent? As in he didn't commit any of these alleged assaults?
"Seek first to understand, then to be understood."
"Be hard on systems, but soft on people."

Offline jefferson L.O.B. sergeant

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2018, 01:48:18 pm »
I don't know, do you? I believe a good deal less than all of them. I'm aware of some of their stories being disputed.

Do you think he's innocent? As in he didn't commit any of these alleged assaults?

I think regret doesn't constitute sexual assault.

In a myriad of these instances the circumstances lend to quid pro quo and Cosby undoubtedly didn't deliver. For a celebrity of his ilk and proclivity 50-60 women over the span of 50 years who were in this situation is not inconceivable. If the Playboy mansion legends of the 70's are even partially true this could've transpired in a few years much less decades.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2018, 06:20:59 pm »

In a myriad of these instances the circumstances lend to quid pro quo and Cosby undoubtedly didn't deliver. For a celebrity of his ilk and proclivity 50-60 women over the span of 50 years who were in this situation is not inconceivable. If the Playboy mansion legends of the 70's are even partially true this could've transpired in a few years much less decades.

I don't understand your answer. I'm trying to understand where you're coming from.
So is that a yes or a no? Innocent of any crimes, that is.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2018, 10:26:56 am »

I don't understand your answer. I'm trying to understand where you're coming from.
So is that a yes or a no? Innocent of any crimes, that is.

I think he had sex with these women in exchange for advancing their careers.

This notion of Cosby being so popular as to be untouchable is asinine!

He was a TV star on I SPY in the 60's, a MINOR movie star in the 70's. The Seventies is particularly interesting as it is a decade FILLED with celebrity scandal with both politicians and entertainers and somehow Cosby was above reproach where a Kennedy wasn't. You have the iconic 80's which is true but at the beginning of the 90's there was a HUGE paternity scandal with Cosby that played out on Geraldo's talk show where Cosby even appeared to answer the charges.

In the end I don't think there was enough evidence to bring this to trial much less to convict. The previous D.A. agreed with this stance.

If this is the new standard I am waiting to see when Amber Rose and Jemelle Hill attack and wish death upon Weinstein, Moonves, Polanski and others.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2018, 09:41:56 am »
And you think all of the drugging allegations are false? Ok, that's one point of divergence.
As for whether there was enough evidence, it seems there was enough to convict.
I do agree that others should also be prosecuted. We'll see how that goes.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2018, 05:09:22 pm »
And you think all of the drugging allegations are false? Ok, that's one point of divergence.
As for whether there was enough evidence, it seems there was enough to convict.
I do agree that others should also be prosecuted. We'll see how that goes.

I think they were using drugs in the zeitgeist of the times. Cocaine Cowboys details the Hollywood atmosphere and the pervasive casual drug use. I saw a documentary on Studio 54 and it gave the NY version of this lifestyle.

Offline Curtis Metcalf

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2018, 06:16:20 am »
We're not talking about recreational drug use here. He is accused of drugging many women's drinks to knock them out (slipping them a Mickey) and then assaulting them. If any of those allegations are true, then he is a rapist, plain and simple.

There is no way to excuse his assaults as the lifestyle of the times. What you are pointing out is that there were plenty of women willing to do him and he raped them anyway.

Here's a pretty complete timeline from the LA Times.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 06:19:41 am by Curtis Metcalf »