Author Topic: X-Men Apocalpyse Trailer  (Read 7537 times)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: X-Men Apocalpyse Trailer
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2016, 07:08:26 pm »
Good distinction that Kip made. He doesn't call himself that directly. He says I've been known by many names, and that is one of the names he lists.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2016, 10:46:24 am »
I can deal if Apocalypse is just another in a line of misguided, hedgemonic, nihilists who learn different courtesy of a super-sized @&$ whuppin'!  What concerns me is the implication that the X-men are being pitted against what the film and or cinematic universe presents to be the true Creator of all?

Peace,

Mont

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2016, 11:48:45 am »
I can deal if Apocalypse is just another in a line of misguided, hedgemonic, nihilists who learn different courtesy of a super-sized @&$ whuppin'!  What concerns me is the implication that the X-men are being pitted against what the film and or cinematic universe presents to be the true Creator of all?

Peace,

Mont

Spoilers in this.... At best it is self-proclaimed by the guy and his followers; not exactly the same as a narrator.  Plus I think he was claiming to be the creator of mutants not everything.

Plus and this is the spoiler... He was buried long before Moses meaning he was in suspended animation of a sorts the entire time the Bible was written.   

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2016, 01:17:31 pm »

Peace,

Mont

To me, I don't think that's what Singer, etc. were aiming for at all with Apocalypse. They don't really dwell on religion much.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I mean its there and Apocalypse does have some followers. Arguably his final Horsemen in the film have some spiritual connection to him like Storm or Angel, or are receiving some spiritual salve like Magneto. With Psylocke it seems like she was just in it for the power.

I don't think Apocalypse being the actual Creator is the intention, but I do think the film makers are trying to build up Apocalypse as a major threat by referencing major religious/historical figures. But the film also does that to some extent throughout in non-religious ways, even in the opening credits. Though I can see Apocalypse believing that he is a god, if not the God, if you look at this dude, born thousands of years ago, with the abilities he has, it seems that he would make the 'logical' conclusion that he was a divine being. There was no science to explain the X-gene back then. Only this being of immense power. And with Apocalypse's ego and arrogance I can also see him making the leap that he is not just a god but the Creator. However that is my speculation and is open for interpretation in the film.

And by the end, when Apocalypse encounters the Phoenix he has what appears is his own revelation. 

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2016, 05:50:17 pm »
Thanks again guys!

Peace,

Mont

Offline BlackRodimus

• You got me straight trippin', boo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2016, 01:02:45 pm »
About Apocalypse (the villain): What's that old saying? Don't believe the hype.

Apocalypse is powerful, but we're shown right before the opening credits he's not THAT powerful or else he wouldn't need to keep body swapping. He's essentially another Siler, and even that is short circuited a bit cause Siler can take your powers on the fly after slicing up your brain. Nur has to put you on a machine and transfer his essence into the new body.

My guess is that in this continuity yes Nur was the first mutant but his original power was something akin to Forge. I think he's the one who built the machine (I think Singer is leaving aliens completely out of his X-verse), and any other mutants he found he used this process to transfer his essence to them, keeping each previous body's powers along the way.

He does this for two reasons: He sees someone with a power he REALLY likes (end of the movie), or his original body is old and about to die (beginning). But accumulating powers this way does give him the semblance of immortality. Meaning he's old. Meaning he knows all about manipulation and marketing. Hence the "I've been known as..." comment. Maybe but that doesn't mean he IS or several things would be WAY different.

Think of him as a prosperity preacher, only the god he preaches about is himself.

With all that said...I'm torn on the movie. I don't think its bad, but I'm kinda tired of Singer sneaking in a Magneto movie inside an X-movie. Which I suppose is better than him sneaking in a Wolverine movie inside an X-movie, but still. Give the man his own solo movie already. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the Magneto stuff, it practically stole the show in fact, but at the same time its getting old. Just give him a solo movie already.
"don't fight the power, be the power" - Reginald Hudlin