Author Topic: Star Wars: The Force Awakens reviewed (with spoilers)  (Read 27022 times)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: The Force Awakens reviewed (with spoilers)
« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2016, 05:39:15 am »
^
Force sensitive is a term used in Star Wars to mean someone who can use the Force like a Jedi or Sith; not always like they do, but someone who can wield the Force on some level. Acknowledging the existence of the Force is not the same thing as being Force sensitive. A lot of characters in Star Wars acknowledge that the Force exists but can't use it like a tool like we have seen the Jedi and Sith do.

That's exactly what Force attuned means.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2016, 02:39:40 pm »
Battle,

You disputed my definition of Force sensitive and I told you what that meant. I didn't say anything about Force attuned, however the main source for Star Wars I refer to, Wookieepedia, has both, and Han is Force attuned, but he is not Force sensitive. As for the definition of what Force attunement means, it is more than acknowledging the Force exists, its having some deeper connection to the Force than the average person, but not strong enough to be Force sensitive or a Jedi or Sith or a Force user. And from live-action I've seen nothing that shows that Han Solo shows any hint of Force powers. Granted we could chalk up his amazing piloting ability and his luck to his connection to the Force, but then again, that could just be he is a very good pilot and a very lucky guy. Also his acknowledgement and belief now in the Force is too surprising since he's married into perhaps the strongest family of Force users ever. I can see how that would change his beliefs.

That being said, Han's force attunement and his daughter's speculation that he could actually be mildly Force sensitive are referenced under the "Legends" category which is no longer canon in Star Wars. Force sensitive is under both the "Legends" and "Canon" labels, and remains a canon description. The canon gatekeepers of Star Wars can change that at any time though and make Han force attuned officially or even Force sensitive if they want, but as it currently stands, I have not seen anything that proves Han is Force sensitive and I am skeptical that he is Force attuned based on the films. Granted, I have not read all of the canon comics and novels that might say otherwise, but as it stands, I'm confident that Han is not Force sensitive.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force-sensitive

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force-attunement
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 02:51:55 pm by Emperorjones »

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2016, 09:57:26 am »
In The Force Awakens, there's a great shot of Captain Solo entering the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon for the first time in, goodness knows, how long...  All the while, I'm thinking,

"But Han, it's not really your ship...
--it's Lando's!" ;)

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2016, 01:09:23 pm »
^
We might get to see how Han got the ship from Lando in the Young Han Solo film coming up.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2016, 03:32:14 pm »
^
We might get to see how Han got the ship from Lando in the Young Han Solo film coming up.

Fascinating!
 :)

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2017, 11:03:27 am »
Y'know...  with each viewing of 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens', gets better and better.

Far better than 'Rogue One' which is the least exciting Star Wars movie I've ever seen.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2018, 06:27:00 pm »
! No longer available