Author Topic: Dark Universe: An Afrocentric Space Opera  (Read 1339 times)

Offline The Griot

• View Profile
    • MVmedia
Dark Universe: An Afrocentric Space Opera
« on: January 06, 2016, 04:37:17 am »
So a few years ago I came up with this idea of a 1000 year old galactic empire controlled by the descendants of an African American family. I simply got tired of stories that either totally left us out of the future or presented us in the future, in space and still in the hood, prison or dealing with the same issues. So I gathered a few of my writing friends and we created this. It serves as the foundation of additional stories, novels and anthologies based on this universe. We released the first anthology in December and the first novel based on this world has been released as well. Check it out when you get a chance. I think you'll like it.

The Dark Universe Anthology tells the origin story of the Cassad  Empire, from its ambitious beginning as a refuge and new home for a persecuted people to its evolution to the first great human Galactic Empire. Milton Davis, Gene Peterson, Balogun Ojetade, Penelope Flynn, Ronald Jones, Malon Edwards, K. Ceres Wright and DaVaun Sanders  stories lay the foundation of this amazing empire. Dark Universe is space opera like you've never seen. The time has come; Dark Universe is here!

"Happiness is dancing when the drumming is good."

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Dark Universe: An Afrocentric Space Opera
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 06:18:34 pm »
That's freaking awesome! I'm glad you did it Griot. Much success to you and your fellow co-authors. Is this on Amazon?

Offline The Griot

• View Profile
    • MVmedia
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 09:33:37 am »
Yes it is. Here's the link to my website. It contains links to Kindle and Nook. http://www.mvmediaatl.com/

Offline The Griot

• View Profile
    • MVmedia
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 09:37:32 am »
Black and White sketch of the Cassad family by Shane Greer. This is the family in ceremonial costumes during the empire's Zenith. I should have a color image soon.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 05:47:06 am »
Sorry for taking so long to reply, but The Griot do you or your colleagues have any other works that aren't on Kindle or Nook? I don't have either of those. I'm old school.

Offline The Griot

• View Profile
    • MVmedia
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 05:32:03 am »
Most of my books are available as paperbacks either directly from me (www.mvmediaatl.com) or Amazon and anywhere books are sold online. You can even order them through your local book store; they're distributed by Ingram. Dark Universe will be available in paperback in February.

Offline The Griot

• View Profile
    • MVmedia
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 07:22:52 am »
The Cassads by Shane Greer.

Offline The Griot

• View Profile
    • MVmedia
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2016, 05:21:43 am »
Dark Universe sales have been strong since its release. We only have a few reviews but those have been very positive. Here's the link to my latest blog discussing the details behind the project. More to come.

http://www.mvmediaatl.com/Wagadu/?p=736

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2016, 10:05:24 pm »
Dark Universe sales have been strong since its release. We only have a few reviews but those have been very positive. Here's the link to my latest blog discussing the details behind the project. More to come.

http://www.mvmediaatl.com/Wagadu/?p=736

I am CRAZY LATE to this! Love this as well! Coppin this before Xmas. Good lookin out, bruh! Outstanding work!!
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline The Griot

• View Profile
    • MVmedia
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2016, 03:22:38 pm »
Thanks, SI. We're working on the follow up anthology as well as a few novels based in this universe. It's going to be fiya! Stay tuned!

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2017, 04:50:14 am »
Just letting you know, I finally got Kindle on my laptop. And I did purchase your story. I haven't read it, but I still wish you continued success.

Offline The Griot

• View Profile
    • MVmedia
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2017, 07:33:37 pm »
Thanks! I hope you enjoy it.