Author Topic: My upcoming comic, Is'nana the Were-Spider  (Read 2346 times)

Offline Greg

• View Profile
My upcoming comic, Is'nana the Were-Spider
« on: January 14, 2016, 09:57:21 pm »
Hey, guys! Just wanted to post a link for the Kickstarter for my first comic book, Is'nana the Were-Spider! For just $5, you can get the PDF digital copy of the comic and $10 gets you the print.

Is'nana is a shape-shifting half man, half spider son of the great Anansi the Spider, The West African God of Stories. While looking for his missing father, Is'nana accidentally breaks a barrier coming into our world which unleashes horrors from his world and other realms into ours. Taking on the responsibility of rectifying this mishap, he teams up with his wise-cracking father to stop these horrors from bringing chaos into our world.

One of the main themes of Is'nana: The Were-Spider is the fear of being forgotten, whether it's not leaving a mark or impact in the world to being a forgotten legend of previously acclaimed status.

Growing up and having an interest in stories of the Africana Diaspora, I'm hoping this is the first of many stories I can produce in introducing many people to African and Black-based lore and characters that are unfortunately being passed on and in a sense forgotten. Rich characters that have so much potential for modern storytelling and will hopefully have a place today!

Here is the link to the Kickstarter. Even if you're unable to pledge, sharing and spreading the word would do so much!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1942007293/isnana-the-were-spider

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: My upcoming comic, Is'nana the Were-Spider
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 10:23:04 pm »
Posted the link on Millarworld.

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 11:09:25 pm »
Posted the link on Millarworld.

Wow! Thank you!

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 07:03:20 pm »
Shared on my Facebook for all my fellow comic buds and budettes (is that even a word?) to see. When I get paid this week, I'm gonna make a pledge. Been watching and waiting for this for a minute.

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 10:49:24 am »
Shared on my Facebook for all my fellow comic buds and budettes (is that even a word?) to see. When I get paid this week, I'm gonna make a pledge. Been watching and waiting for this for a minute.

Thank you so much, Buranku!I really hope you enjoy the book when you get it in your hands! Thank you for spreading the word!

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 11:19:22 am »
T'was not a problem! Got to support my fellow Heffer!

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 02:52:43 pm »
Hey, guys! It's the last week of the Kickstarter for my book, Is'nana the Were-Spider! I've been able to reach my goal to get it published and printed and am currently doing a Stretch goal to help the funding for the next volume!

If you haven't already, please check it out, I'd very much appreciate it. You can pledge/pre-order for a digital copy for as low as $5 or get the physical print for $10!

Also spread the word if you can!

https://www.kickstar...the-were-spider

Thanks a lot, brothers and sisters!

Offline Blanks

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2016, 04:13:04 am »
Just made my pledge this morning brother! Officially, cannot wait not. Been sharing on FB, as much as possible as well.

May want to poke your brain some time on what book publisher/printer you are using through Kickstarter. My own project has pasted the Image Comics/AvatarPress deadline in which they would contact a creator back if they were interested in publishing.

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 09:19:27 am »
Hey, guys! Just wanted to give a heads up! The book has officially come out and I've been sending out the packages to pledgers. I have a signing on the 24th in NYC's Forbidden Planet but you can buy a digital copy over here at Peep Game Comix!

http://peepgamecomix.com/product/isnana-the-were-spider-forgotten-stories/

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2016, 05:12:16 am »
Kudos greg, continued success!  Maybe a cartoon spinoff soon?
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline Redjack

• Honorary Wakandan
  • i've never had a hero. i don't worship people.
    • View Profile
    • a dreamnasium
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2016, 11:04:03 am »
Hot.
Soon you will come to know. When the bullet hits the bone.

Offline Marvelous

• HEF FOI
  • Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • PhotograFX

"2. IF YOU DON'T READ THE BOOK BUT ARE WILLING TO ARGUE ABOUT IT EITHER YOU ARE:
a) An idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.
b) A liar who is a fan who can't admit it to himself or others."

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2017, 12:33:09 pm »
A 10 out of 10 at Graphic Policy!

https://graphicpolicy.com/2017/04/29/review-isnana-the-were-spider-vol-1/

Story:10 Art:10 Overall:10 Recommendation:Buy

As the story of Anansi, well known to only through West Africa but also throughout the Caribbean, as he is the spirit of all knowledge and stories. I remember my grandfather telling me the story when I was 7 when I lived in Trinidad. Growing up reading comic books, I read about Thor and his brother Loki, and their father, Odin, and always thought why were stories about people who looked like me never like this. Enter writer Greg Anderson-Elysee, who from what I just read, probably thought, and wished the same exact thing....

.... Overall, a strong introduction to a character and a world that I want to know more about and one which is more relatable than Peter Parkerís. The story by Greg Anderson-Elysee, by at first glance may seem like one we have heard before, but once the reader digs in, is an even denser and intricate story and one whose origins have deeper roots than one would imagine. The art by Walter Ostlie, Lee Milewski, Walt Msonza Barna, and Joshua Cozine, is beautiful and reminds me of the work Frank Miller did on Ronin. Altogether, a strong first book by this team, and a story that I canít wait to see what happens next.

The book can be purchased through Amazon below! :)

https://www.amazon.com/Isnana-Were-Spider-Vol-Forgotten-Stories/dp/0997362804/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493840047&sr=8-1&keywords=is%27nana+the+were+spider
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 12:34:51 pm by Greg »

Offline CvilleWakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2017, 03:37:29 pm »
A 10 out of 10 at Graphic Policy!

https://graphicpolicy.com/2017/04/29/review-isnana-the-were-spider-vol-1/

Story:10 Art:10 Overall:10 Recommendation:Buy

As the story of Anansi, well known to only through West Africa but also throughout the Caribbean, as he is the spirit of all knowledge and stories. I remember my grandfather telling me the story when I was 7 when I lived in Trinidad. Growing up reading comic books, I read about Thor and his brother Loki, and their father, Odin, and always thought why were stories about people who looked like me never like this. Enter writer Greg Anderson-Elysee, who from what I just read, probably thought, and wished the same exact thing....

.... Overall, a strong introduction to a character and a world that I want to know more about and one which is more relatable than Peter Parkerís. The story by Greg Anderson-Elysee, by at first glance may seem like one we have heard before, but once the reader digs in, is an even denser and intricate story and one whose origins have deeper roots than one would imagine. The art by Walter Ostlie, Lee Milewski, Walt Msonza Barna, and Joshua Cozine, is beautiful and reminds me of the work Frank Miller did on Ronin. Altogether, a strong first book by this team, and a story that I canít wait to see what happens next.

The book can be purchased through Amazon below! :)

https://www.amazon.com/Isnana-Were-Spider-Vol-Forgotten-Stories/dp/0997362804/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493840047&sr=8-1&keywords=is%27nana+the+were+spider

Are you going to be at Awesome Con or BlerdCon? I cant find the copy I bought from you before. I need to buy a new one and get it signed.

Offline Greg

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2017, 04:11:11 pm »

Are you going to be at Awesome Con or BlerdCon? I cant find the copy I bought from you before. I need to buy a new one and get it signed.

Hey, Cville! I may be at BlerdCon, depending on how many books I'll have.