Author Topic: Smokin' Aces- cast interview  (Read 2026 times)

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline In_Spirit

• "Kiss the ring...."
    • View Profile
Re: Smokin' Aces- cast interview
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 08:30:44 pm »
This is one of the not so few movies I'm looking forward to seeing this year.  It reminds me a little of one of my favorite movies from the 90's "Mean Guns".  Only this is better because of Alicia Keys   ;D

Offline Hypestyle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Intellectual Conqueror
    • View Profile
    • Hypestyle's Homebase
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 03:15:57 pm »
This is one of the not so few movies I'm looking forward to seeing this year.  It reminds me a little of one of my favorite movies from the 90's "Mean Guns".  Only this is better because of Alicia Keys   ;D

I'll check it out.. but I wonder why A.K. chose to play a lesbian since she's been targeted with rumors for some time now..
Be Kind to Someone Today.

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 02:55:01 pm »

I'll check it out.. but I wonder why A.K. chose to play a lesbian since she's been targeted with rumors for some time now..

I'm not sure Alicia was actually a lesbian in the movie though her partner definitely was. I got the impression her partner was into her more than on a friend/partner basis and was probing the waters to see where she could take it. I think the audience was meant to wonder if she was going to go down that path as she had just supposedly ended a relationship with some dude and her partner was dissing the guy but also fliriting with Alicia a little. It doesn't matter anyhow because she ends up......Ooops! I don't want to spoil it for those who haven't seen the movie yet. Those who did see it knows what happened.  :)

Offline Toya

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Indifferent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2007, 05:45:49 am »
Several of my favorite actors crammed into what looks like an entertain flick? Lemme at it!
...Rassclaat.