Poll

Should the MCU Recast T'Challa the Black Panther

Yes, for an actor who will further the Black Panther tradition started by Chadwick Boseman
5 (83.3%)
No, because there is no MCU Black Panther without Chadwick Boseman.
0 (0%)
Too soon for me to say.
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: HEF of BP - Def Jam and Marvel team for special Black Panther stories  (Read 33126 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: HEF of BP - There may be some who know better than others...
« Reply #150 on: November 24, 2020, 10:19:56 pm »

Imagine R to the H (if I may Supreme?) doing his own live action Disney+ Black Panther series with an all new cast. World War Wakanda would work so well especially with the whole multiverse opening up.

Could this be an answer to the future of the BP franchise.

Maybe Marvel doesn't do any more BP films with the original cast. For all we know Letia may not even want to play Shuri taking the mantle of Black Panther. Maybe Civil War, Black Panther, Infinity War and Endgame conclude the Boseman era. They instead do a reboot on Disney+. Would that satisfy those claiming respect for Chadwick Boseman's legacy?

How about possibly delaying the film for another 2 years to get the first season out and explain this is another universe, I don;t know possibly the 710 universe (shameless plug...) and have that universe's T'Challa be exchanged with the MCU universe known as Earth-199999 by some strange magic or what have you. Possibly solving the recast situation.

What if Marvel keeps BP Disney+ separate from the BP movie franchise? What if Earth-199999 T'Challa got lost in space and winds up doing the Empire of Wakanda more along the lines of Hudlin's Black to the Future on the streaming service and what if because of this Shuri has to become the new BP in the MCU verse for the next film. Would that appease the "fans"?

Or, or they could simply recast T'Challa go forward with original movie franchise for several films and do a wholly original take based on Priest's BP and go Game of Thrones with Wakanda on their streaming platform. Marvel must know by now that the world can't get enough of the Black Panther, That is why they can't kill T'Challa. Black Panther Forever.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #151 on: November 29, 2020, 04:05:52 pm »

Imagine R to the H (if I may Supreme?) doing his own live action Disney+ Black Panther series with an all new cast. World War Wakanda would work so well especially with the whole multiverse opening up.

Could this be an answer to the future of the BP franchise.

Maybe Marvel doesn't do any more BP films with the original cast. For all we know Letia may not even want to play Shuri taking the mantle of Black Panther. Maybe Civil War, Black Panther, Infinity War and Endgame conclude the Boseman era. They instead do a reboot on Disney+. Would that satisfy those claiming respect for Chadwick Boseman's legacy?

How about possibly delaying the film for another 2 years to get the first season out and explain this is another universe, I don;t know possibly the 710 universe (shameless plug...) and have that universe's T'Challa be exchanged with the MCU universe known as Earth-199999 by some strange magic or what have you. Possibly solving the recast situation.

What if Marvel keeps BP Disney+ separate from the BP movie franchise? What if Earth-199999 T'Challa got lost in space and winds up doing the Empire of Wakanda more along the lines of Hudlin's Black to the Future on the streaming service and what if because of this Shuri has to become the new BP in the MCU verse for the next film. Would that appease the "fans"?

Or, or they could simply recast T'Challa go forward with original movie franchise for several films and do a wholly original take based on Priest's BP and go Game of Thrones with Wakanda on their streaming platform. Marvel must know by now that the world can't get enough of the Black Panther, That is why they can't kill T'Challa. Black Panther Forever.

My reaction to all the goodness contained in the above post:

I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #152 on: December 05, 2020, 04:34:25 pm »
That's wassup Bro. Supreme. Thanks for the luv.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #153 on: December 05, 2020, 05:38:26 pm »
Marvel star Letitia Wright LIKES tweets calling for her to be recast and Black Panther sequel to be cancelled as she is slammed online for sharing COVID anti-vax video asking if the vaccine will implant 5G antennas inside people...

Black Panther star Letitia Wright, 27, is facing calls for her to be recast in the movie's sequel after her online comments about a COVID-19 vaccine. The British actress herself liked tweets that read ‘cancel Black Panther 2 immediately’ and ‘nah she needs to be recast’. Wright faced the backlash after she posted a YouTube clip that questioned the efficacy of the coronavirus jab on Thursday night. She was even slammed by Marvel co-star Don Cheadle who called it 'garbage'. Wright doubled down Friday, saying she wanted to raise her fears about vaccines. She added that people are 'canceled' as soon as they 'don't conform to popular opinions', possibly referencing the calls for her to be recast. Marvel Studios or its owners Disney have not commented on the controversy. The franchise has previously replaced actors such as Edward Norton who was replaced by Mark Ruffalo as The Hulk.

By FRANCES MULRANEY and CHRIS JEWERS and JAMES GANT FOR MAILONLINE

full article
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9019729/Marvel-star-Letitia-Wright-LIKES-tweets-calling-recast-Black-Panther-sequel.html

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: HEF of BP - Eric Jerome Dickey Has Died
« Reply #154 on: January 05, 2021, 11:42:16 pm »
Author Eric Jerome Dickey Has Died At 59
HE PASSED AWAY ON JANUARY 3 AFTER A LENGTHY ILLNESS.

We are saddened to report on the January 3 death of New York Times bestselling author Eric Jerome Dickey. The news was confirmed by his publicist. He was 59 years old.

“I am heart broken. My cousin, Eric Jerome Dickey passed away on yesterday,” wrote La Verne Madison Fuller on social media. “Guys, when God tells you to do something, just do it. Just a few weeks ago, God woke me up to text him and say that I loved him. He let me know that he loved us too.”

Dickey was the man behind several classic books about the more tender realities of Black life, including “Sister, Sister,” “Friends & Lovers” and “Between Lovers.” In 2020, “Sister, Sister” was honored by Essence as one of the 50 most impactful books of the past 50 years.

Over 7 million of his books have been published worldwide.

Dickey was a native of Memphis, Tennessee and attended Memphis State University. He began writing stories in 1989, 7 years before his debut novel was published. At the time, he was still working as an engineer, following through on his college major.

After leaving the engineering field to work as a comedian and actor, Dickey moved to Los Angeles. He wrote his own comedic material, deepening his connection to writing.

It was through his work that many Black people were able to feel seen and an outpouring of love has began on social media since the news broke of his death.

“I am truly saddened to hear about the passing of Eric Jerome Dickey,” author Roxane Gay wrote on Twitter. “His were some of the first novels I ever read about black people that weren’t about slavery of civil rights. He was a great storyteller.”

Journalist Ernest Owens also paid tribute, writing, “Eric Jerome Dickey” was one of the first “grown folks” book authors I used to sneak to read when I was in middle school. A unique literary voice that left a mark in Black culture for ever.”

In a 2019 interview, Dickey spoke on the purpose behind his stories. “I don’t intentionally write a book with an idea of ‘the moral to this story is,’ because I’m more focused on letting the people in the book live,” he said. “I just try to do my best. I never know if I’ve hit the nail on the head, if it’s really worked, until I put it out there for people to read.”

We are sending love to Dickey’s family and all those that knew him.

https://www.essence.com/news/eric-jerome-dickey-obituary/

Of course we here at the HEF will always remember him for...

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Daniel Kaluuya on When He Realized ‘Black Panther’ Was Bigger Than Just a Movie

By Ramin Setoodeh

Daniel Kaluuya first realized that “Black Panther” would become a cultural phenomenon when he was shooting the 2018 Marvel superhero movie.

In an interview for Variety’s Actors on Actors, Kaluuya and Tom Holland spoke together about their latest projects. In “Judas and the Black Messiah,” Kaluuya stars as civil rights leader Fred Hampton. And in “Cherry,” Holland playing a war veteran suffering from PTSD and drug addiction.

During the conversation, the two actors talked about their experiences making Marvel movies. Holland is Spider-Man, of course. And Kaluuya played W’Kabi, the best friend to T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman), in a movie that shattered box office records, grossing $1.3 billion worldwide.

“I think it’s something that we were aware that was bubbling,” Kaluuya says, when asked if knew how big “Black Panther” would be. “There was one day, we did the waterfall scene, and obviously in between takes, everyone just stays on set, and there were hundreds of people on set. And we had actual drummers in between the takes. They would play the beat for Snoop Dogg’s ‘Drop It Like It’s Hot.’”

Kaluuya remembers how everyone on the set suddenly came together. “And then everyone would go ‘Snoop!’” Kaluuya says. “Like, hundreds of people would literally do that, and when I saw that, I was like — yeah, this isn’t going to be quiet. There was just an energy. Everyone was so privileged to be part of this moment.”

“It felt like a moment,” Kaluuya adds. “We’re able to show this world in a way that we see us, and it being a Marvel film. You’re bringing something into the world that doesn’t exist, and that’s just really difficult because there’s no blueprint, there’s no template. And there’s some pains in doing that. But when people receive it and people take it as their own, and kids and families are going dressed to the cinemas, it makes everything worth it.”

For our full interview with Kaluuya

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/daniel-kaluuya-black-panther-1234888250/

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: HEF of BP - Nikki Giovanni Writes Black Panther Story For Tales Of Wakanda
« Reply #156 on: February 01, 2021, 07:21:59 am »
Nikki Giovanni Creates Black Panther Story For Tales Of Wakanda
Posted on February 1, 2021 | by Rich Johnston

This month, Titan Comics is publishing a new short-story anthology, Black Panther: Tales of Wakanda, dubbed "a ground-breaking anthology from the African Diaspora", edited by Jesse J. Holland. A regular on C-SPAN's Washington Journal program, in 2017 he published both The Invisibles: The Untold Story of African American Slaves in The White House and Black Panther: Who Is the Black Panther?, the first prose novel about the character. He is also contributing a story to the volume.

Other contributors include Sheree Renée Thomas, the new editor of the long-running Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction. Danian Darrell Jerry,  a member of the hip-hop collective Iron Mic Coalition. Troy L. Wiggins, a veteran contributor to such genre magazines as Uncanny and Beneath Ceaseless Skies. And Nikki Giovanni, 77, the poet and activist known as "The Poet of the Black Revolution" for her Black Power-inspired writings of the 1960s and '70s.

A ground-breaking anthology celebrating Marvel's beloved Black Panther and his home of Wakanda, penned by an all-star cast of authors such as Sheree Renée Thomas and Nikki Giovanni.

T'Challa faces the gods of his parents. Vampires stalk Shuri and a Dora Milaje in voodoo-laced New Orleans. Erik Killmonger grapples with racism, Russian spies, and his own origins. Eighteen brand-new tales of Wakanda, its people, and its legacy.

The first mainstream superhero of African descent, the Black Panther has attracted readers of all races and colors who see in the King of Wakanda reflections of themselves. Storytellers from across the African Diaspora—some already literary legends, others who are rising stars—have created for this collection original works inspired by the world of the Panther and its inhabitants. With guest stars including Storm, Monica Rambeau, Namor, and Jericho Drumm, these are stories of yesterday and today, of science and magic, of faith and love.

These are the tales of a king and his country. These are the legends whispered in the jungle, myths of the unconquered men and women and the land they love.

These are the Tales of Wakanda.

Featuring stories by Linda D. Addison, Maurice Broaddus, Christopher Chambers, Milton J. Davis, Tananarive Due, Nikki Giovanni, Harlan James, Danian Jerry, Kyoko M., L.L. McKinney, Temi Oh, Suyi Davies Okungbowa, Glenn Parris, Alex Simmons, Sheree Renée Thomas, Cadwell Turnbull and Troy L. Wiggins.

The collection will be published next week by Titan Books in the UK, but will only make it to the US in March.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nikki-giovanni-creates-black-panther-story-for-tales-of-wakanda/

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 01, 2021, 07:47:31 am »
Jesse Holland is editing so hopefully he keeps the writers on an action adventure track and steers clear of introspective prose.

But the writer of the article didnt mention that the novel he wrote was based off of Hudlins first story.

And a vampire story in New Orleans? Think I read that somewhere before. Lol
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 07:53:46 am by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #158 on: February 01, 2021, 10:42:32 am »
Jesse Holland is editing so hopefully he keeps the writers on an action adventure track and steers clear of introspective prose.

But the writer of the article didnt mention that the novel he wrote was based off of Hudlins first story.

And a vampire story in New Orleans? Think I read that somewhere before. Lol

Despite the fact that the new story focuses on an Afrikan female duo...Shuri and a unnamed Dora Milaje...as the protagonists, I had the exact same thought as Brother Cville.

And I'm worried that TurnCoates may have found brand new denigrating ways to stick it to T'Challa before he leaves BP forever [ "Idumiso Bast!"..."Praise Bast!" ], and I am still very much worried that they'll find someone vomitous to replace TurnCoates, instead of letting amazing scribes like Redjack run with BP. With Redjack rockin BP in his own series and Aaron rockin BP and BLADE in Avengers? Brethren. Things might finally start turning up roses for us; a scent I haven't whiffed regarding BP in is own series since Hudlin and Liss' departure.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: HEF of BP - Def Jam and Marvel team for special Black Panther stories
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2021, 08:59:01 pm »
Def Jam and Marvel team for special Black Panther stories leading to series finale
By Newsarama Staff

The iconic recording label and comic book publisher team-up for special stories in the last three issues of Black Panther

Def Jam Recordings and Marvel Comics announced an upcoming collaboration designed to "integrate the voices of young Black creatives with one of the most transformative characters and storylines in graphic arts history: Black Panther."

In February 24's Black Panther #23, Marvel and Def Jam celebrate Black History Month with South-Central Los Angeles singer/songwriter Saint Bodhi (joined by co-writer Danny Lore, artist Alitha Martinez, and colorist Rachelle Rosenberg) sharing her take on Storm "for an emotional story grounded in tragedy and acceptance." Bodhi's debut story will also be included in Marvel's Voices: Legacy #1, a celebration of Black voices and artists, on sale the same day.

In March's Black Panther #24, Dallas-native rapper Bobby Sessions tells a story about Black Panther himself. 

And in the series' finale issue #25 in April, 'Toxic R&B' artist Kaash Paige will "forge a tale about Wakandan Princess Shuri and the power of knowledge."

"Aligned with the Def Jam Forward initiative to promote social, economic, and educational equality, each three-page story will also feature an exclusive one-page Def Jam artist profile," reads Marvel's announcement.

"Bringing these two logos together was a dream,” says Def Jam partnerships consultant Jonathan Rheingold about the team-up. "There was a mutual desire to unite these two great brands for a mission and a cause — leveraging Def Jam's rising stars and the legendary Marvel characters to tell powerful stories that would make an emotional connection with fans of both cultures."

While Marvel says Bodhi, Sessions, and Paige are telling their first Marvel Comics stories, each of the artists has a "long-standing passion" for Marvel and the world of comics and graphic arts in general. Black Panther is one of the many black superheroes that changed the face of comic books.

https://www.gamesradar.com/def-jam-and-marvel-team-for-special-black-panther-stories-leading-to-series-finale/

11 months since the last issue of BP's ongoing and they decide Storm should be the first special released in their collaboration. How very typical of life for the Black Panther in the Coatesverse.