Author Topic: EXODUS  (Read 349 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: EXODUS
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2020, 12:02:44 pm »
Another well done piece of digital art. Gessela. While I can understand contouring the mask into a more pantherish style as was done by Cowan and Rocafort I always favored the mask hinting or being inspired by a panther rather than a literal translation of such. My comment takes nothing from your wonderfully rendered artistic creation. Looking very forward to your story notes.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2020, 12:29:30 pm »
Black Panther EXODUS Fan Art.

I'll be adding some story notes over the weekend.

Woo man that mask it's straight fire! I myself am the opposite of Ture and my favorite versions have always been the more pantherish style by Cowan and Rocafort. It's really great how you tied that look to the MCU accents as well. Very well done

Offline Gessela

• View Profile
    • Gessela Studios
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 06:25:02 am »
Thanks...
This is Fan Art for the fans, so all your comments and critiques are appreciated.
ግሥላ = Panther

Offline Gessela

• View Profile
    • Gessela Studios
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2020, 06:55:57 am »

NUT/NUIT: “I have plucked you from the darkest of debts, and in return you will be my shining star. Hear me Moses, I am sending you to Wakanda.” 
Moses: “Wakan-“
NUT/NUIT: “Choose two disciples from the diaspora to walk with you into the virgin kingdom. There you must separate The Black Panther from his people.”

Moses: “Goddess, who am I that I should confront The King and coerce Wakandans from their home?”
NUT/NUIT: “You are my shepherd, and with this staff they will know that true power is with you.”
Moses: “The Wakandans are an enlightened society, they will want to know the source of this power.”
NUT/NUIT: “Seek out the Elders, speak the name Nuit and present to them your Halo. They will then know who you are. The Prophet redeemed will then have been revealed.”
Moses: “Prophecy?”
NUT/NUIT: “In time you too will know it.”
Moses: “Of course.”

NUT/NUIT: “The Elders will spread their interpretation of this divination, to those naive. The word exposed, you will step forward to fill the role of the prophecy’s hero. With elegant verbiage you will bolster the bold and charm the savvy. With an orator’s persuasion, you will show them their Utopia in a fish bowl, then promise them an ocean.”

Moses Magnum receives the staff and sets forth on his massive undertaking.

NUT/NUIT: “Then I will show BAST that even the fullest belly isn’t content… when enticed with more.”

ግሥላ = Panther

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2020, 03:53:32 pm »
Well done Gessela, well done. Your digital art is gives me the sense of gravitas and scale necessary for Moses Magnum to confront the Black Panther. The narrative does indeed address my concern as it explains a deity (Nut) choosing a shepherd to challenge another deity's (Bast) avatar. Wakanda being such an insular society may in fact require a Wakandan holy person to lead such a pilgrimage.

However as comic book and movie histories have shown your narrative works. I am in favor of Wakanda being seen as involatile, lacking the all too common internal strife and being extremely resilient to outside influence. Viewing the Black Panther and Wakanda compared to other nations and cultures and demonstrating its unique expressions of Afrakan centered futurisms of society, religion and military etc, is where lies the future of Black Panther.

Keep expressing your vision because you do it well. I look forward to seeing how this confrontation concludes.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Gessela

• View Profile
    • Gessela Studios
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2020, 07:43:21 am »
Well done Gessela, well done. Your digital art is gives me the sense of gravitas and scale necessary for Moses Magnum to confront the Black Panther. The narrative does indeed address my concern as it explains a deity (Nut) choosing a shepherd to challenge another deity's (Bast) avatar. Wakanda being such an insular society may in fact require a Wakandan holy person to lead such a pilgrimage.

However as comic book and movie histories have shown your narrative works. I am in favor of Wakanda being seen as involatile, lacking the all too common internal strife and being extremely resilient to outside influence. Viewing the Black Panther and Wakanda compared to other nations and cultures and demonstrating its unique expressions of Afrakan centered futurisms of society, religion and military etc, is where lies the future of Black Panther.

Keep expressing your vision because you do it well. I look forward to seeing how this confrontation concludes.

No worries Ture, I will not show a volatile, and easily disrupted Wakanda. I agree that any of the typical trapping are ineffective on a 10k year continuous functioning society. My attempt will be to introduce conflict through the natural order of things, not sudden unhappiness or political desires.
ግሥላ = Panther

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2020, 07:45:44 am »

NUT/NUIT: “I have plucked you from the darkest of debts, and in return you will be my shining star. Hear me Moses, I am sending you to Wakanda.” 
Moses: “Wakan-“
NUT/NUIT: “Choose two disciples from the diaspora to walk with you into the virgin kingdom. There you must separate The Black Panther from his people.”

Moses: “Goddess, who am I that I should confront The King and coerce Wakandans from their home?”
NUT/NUIT: “You are my shepherd, and with this staff they will know that true power is with you.”
Moses: “The Wakandans are an enlightened society, they will want to know the source of this power.”
NUT/NUIT: “Seek out the Elders, speak the name Nuit and present to them your Halo. They will then know who you are. The Prophet redeemed will then have been revealed.”
Moses: “Prophecy?”
NUT/NUIT: “In time you too will know it.”
Moses: “Of course.”

NUT/NUIT: “The Elders will spread their interpretation of this divination, to those naive. The word exposed, you will step forward to fill the role of the prophecy’s hero. With elegant verbiage you will bolster the bold and charm the savvy. With an orator’s persuasion, you will show them their Utopia in a fish bowl, then promise them an ocean.”

Moses Magnum receives the staff and sets forth on his massive undertaking.

NUT/NUIT: “Then I will show BAST that even the fullest belly isn’t content… when enticed with more.”

OHMYLAWD!!!

This? I gotta see...and read...

...hey COATES? This?!^^^IS WHAT GOOD WRITING PLOTTING AND RESPECT OF AND FOR THE BLACK PANTHER AND HIS MYTHOS LOOKS LIKE! PAY ATTENTION!

I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw