Poll

BP710 Story Ideas     Deadlines for selection: November 22, 2017

Death Be Not Proud-The final days of T'Chaka the Black Panther
1 (16.7%)
Lost in Space-The search for the Vibranium asteroid field
2 (33.3%)
Doomwar-The Black Payback: T'Challa v Doom as it should've been
0 (0%)
Black on Black violence-The on panel fight between the Black Panther and Black Dwarf
0 (0%)
Where is the Love-The romance of T'Challa and Ororo
0 (0%)
Sweat of the Panther-Steampunk Wakanda
1 (16.7%)
Beware Of Geek's Reply #4210 on: October 22, 2017, 07:39:29 am
1 (16.7%)
Battle's Supreme nomination  Reply #4208 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:32 am
1 (16.7%)
Kickin' it with Kip Lewis Reply #4238 on: October 25, 2017, 08:21:20 pm
0 (0%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: November 22, 2017, 07:45:54 pm

Author Topic: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS  (Read 1349072 times)

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
Re: BP710: THE PROTOCOLS
« Reply #5070 on: November 08, 2020, 03:59:57 pm »
Ultimately I think we're going to have to wait until February to see if what's said is what's reflected on the panels in the one shot. Im not counting Panthers Quest or the Lexus as because those had to tempered by the corporate types. But he can get away with more I a main universe setting.

Redjack delivers better and more often than UPS, The Post Office, FedEx, Santa on Xmas AND the IRS doin bruthas durrty on taxes.

Totally agree. I'm definitely down for a BP solo by Redjack and I think, no, I know he will deliver.

The smartest person doesn't phase me in the slightest. He's not saying T'Challa isn't a genius and he in fact mentions T'Challa, Doom, Tony and Hank Pym on the same level.
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #5071 on: November 09, 2020, 12:40:22 am »
After all this time spent in the Coatesverse and based on his work as show runner of Avengers Black Panther Quest, I look forward to reading what Redjack will present in Black is King BP#1. T'Challa the Black Panther needs some solid feats on full blast and needs to set a new precedence going forward as The Most Dangerous Man Alive. I also agree with Redjack that in order to achieve such it will take several years of consistent writing and complimentary artwork.

"Wakanda predates the concept of Africa" sounds problematic and unnecessary. With regards to T'Challa's intellect the challenge to such originated with McGregor's iteration followed by Kirby and Gillis' all of whom ignored writing T'Challa utilizing his genius in any note worthy manner. This retardation of T'Challa made him fall seriously behind such contemporaries as Reed, Doom, Pym and Stark. Lunella Lafayette just got here, she got to earn some points.

I would like to read Redjack''s opinion of T'Challa's physical prowess and martial skill set. When asked... How would you go about writing a potential conflict between Wakanda and Krakoa? Redjack's reply was most encouraging. "That would be the shortest war in history. Wakanda would spank the mutants in about an hour. No contest." With that kind of attitude BP could go far assuming that lack of ownership doesn't leave this position on the fan fiction cutting room floor.

It would be great closure if Coates final issues came out prior to Redjack''s one shot.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #5072 on: November 09, 2020, 02:43:56 pm »
Again, I believe he was referring to dangerous in terms of intellectual capability in creating technology, not dangerous I terms of how their overall capability. Reed is the smartest man alive, but in terms of danger factor in a fight, T'Challa would spank him all day everyday because Reed is a scientist at heart and T'Challa is a warrior and prepares for the unknown. However put them in a lab and have a contest to create the most dangerous piece of tech? Reed would likely win due to his scientific nature, that's not to say T'Challa wouldn't create a equally impressive and dangerous tech, but Reed would/ should edge him out.

Hence how T'Challa can be the most dangerous man alive but not have the most dangerous Mind (in terms of raw scientific intellect) or be the smartest man alive, but it's his combined skills in every aspect that sets him above the rest

Regarding intelligence? All the other supergeniuses including Lunella are outstanding in ALMOST every area of IQ and EI. T'Challa is the best, or tied for #1-5 in EVERY aspect of IQ and EI. This conglomeration of pinnacle human abilities is unique to T'Challa and absolutely mindblowing. It's the explanation as to how he...a human without superpowers...regularly trounces superhumans and could unflinchingly face cosmic threats from cosmic foes who respect him as a worthy adversary.

Everyone else...excepting Lunella...is some grade of supergenius. Lunella is a MEGAgenius.

T'Challa is a MEGASUPERgenius.

T'Challa's spiritual and cultural maturity, his Emotional Intelligence [ matched only by Ororo ] and his peerless physical prowess [ Mind/Body Connection, "Body Smart", Kinesthetic Intelligence, "kipaji akili mwili harakati" aka "Brillian Mind-Body Movement" ] are the aspects which put him over the top.

Imo Wakandan baseline warriors are DEFINITELY SUPERIOR TO THE HAND. Wakanda's warriors would absolutely pimp slap The Hand. A million years of development wouldn't leave Wakanda with warriors whom The Hand baseline soldiers could have any chance of defeating. Wakanda's warriors are clearly but not overwhelmingly better than baseline Super Skrull warriors. Not the OG Super Skrull emulating the entire Fantastic 4's abilities, but instead the Secret Invasion SUPER Skrulls who emulated the powers of 1-2 Marvel superheroes or supervillians. Imo this makes perfect sense, because if Wakandan warriors LACKED this incredible ability? They would have LOST to The Skrulls in Secret Wars Invasion, Wakanda would have been overrun by The Kree, The Celestials, and the many other threats to their existence which their million plus years of history records them facing and vanquishing. If Wakanda vs The Hand MIGHT be a good battle, then The Hand would have made a serious play for Vibranium long ago...and repeatedly over the millennia. At some point, they would have been at least marginally successful, if they were so closely matched with Wakandan warriors.

Let me put it another way. Daredevil and Captain America. Black Widow and Stick. Iron Fist and Falcon. Elektra, Winter Soldier and Wolverine. Along with many other 616 capes. Have mowed down hundreds of Hand ninja in combat. There is no way that they're mowing down hundreds or even 100 Wakandan warriors. Twenty Wakandan warriors would give all of them a good fight, and only Steve Cap [ because he's Captain America for chrissakes ], Iron Fist [ the Fist's power vs Wakandan tech would be a hella throwdown ] and Wolverine [ healing factor and berzerker rage ] would be a good bet to get through that 20 both victoriously and rapidly.  And that's if the Wakandan warriors didn't come with their vaunted Wajabdab tech. An Inhibition Field would fell Wolverine and disconnect Danny Rand from his Iron Fist, thus ensuring that both of them fall. The Winter Soldier would be overtaken via the cybertech in his arm. The only person who would cause a genuine challenge to Wakandan warriors...because they respect him...is Cap.

Because if the Wakandan warriors whipped out their tech? They'd sap Cap of his Super Soldier serum with their Dispersion Fields and put hands on elderly [ but stil ldnagerous and skilled ] Steve Rogers.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 10:46:15 am by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: November 11, 2020, 05:15:14 am »
I have said it before and I'll say it again, T'Challa, when it comes to super genius (and really all aspects, h2h, weapons skill, guns, etc) he doesn't have to be number 1, he is definitely at the top tier, but he doesn't have to be number 1. I would say this, imo, T'Challa would be number 1 in leadership (tied with Cap since that's also his schtick) and number 1 in prep. Because again, what Makes T'Challa so cool is how easily he can fit into nearly every story. He is a Jack of all trades type. Which again, is why I don't personally see the need to out him at the top.

As for the skill of Wakandan soldiers, I would say yes that they are better than the hand and on par with super skrull soldiers, given that Wakanda single handily repelled then without any outside help, without any tech, and without any fantastical superpowers, they are on par with them for sure.
Though I would leave it at that, I wouldn't go around having regular Wakandan soldiers bouncing on Danny, wolverine, and Cap, 20 of them would slow them down and definitely be a thorn in their side, but the standard Wakandan tech they use (unless T'Challa equip them with additional the to capture them) wouldn't be anything to disrupt the powers of danny or wolverine, not unless that was the plan and even then, that's a T'Challa thing.

Now the DM/HZ? A squad of them would give them absolute hell, DM are likely fighting Elektras.. if she also had advanced tech. Or fighting frank castle on steroids when it comes to the HZ. They will give them hell for sure and can even take them down. But I would give that to the elite groups and I would have them only do it if they were required to, BUT they can still lose to them because they are super heroes while the DM and hz are not, not just the standard Wakandan soldiers

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: November 11, 2020, 01:38:01 pm »
I have said it before and I'll say it again, T'Challa, when it comes to super genius (and really all aspects, h2h, weapons skill, guns, etc) he doesn't have to be number 1, he is definitely at the top tier, but he doesn't have to be number 1. I would say this, imo, T'Challa would be number 1 in leadership (tied with Cap since that's also his schtick) and number 1 in prep. Because again, what Makes T'Challa so cool is how easily he can fit into nearly every story. He is a Jack of all trades type. Which again, is why I don't personally see the need to out him at the top.

As for the skill of Wakandan soldiers, I would say yes that they are better than the hand and on par with super skrull soldiers, given that Wakanda single handily repelled then without any outside help, without any tech, and without any fantastical superpowers, they are on par with them for sure.

Though I would leave it at that, I wouldn't go around having regular Wakandan soldiers bouncing on Danny, wolverine, and Cap, 20 of them would slow them down and definitely be a thorn in their side, but the standard Wakandan tech they use (unless T'Challa equip them with additional the to capture them) wouldn't be anything to disrupt the powers of danny or wolverine, not unless that was the plan and even then, that's a T'Challa thing.

To no one's surprise, I respectfully disagree here. Given the fact that Wakanda and The Black Panthers...not just T'Challa, but THE BLACK PANTHERS...are NOTORIOUS for prepping to defeat friend and foe alike. Wakanda has long been aware of powered people and therefore has long had in place plans to neutralize these threats. Wakanda has long known of the coming of mutants, celestial powers, supercapes, hyper powered alien civilizations, gods, etc. and therefore Wakanda has long been prepped to face and defeat the same. More to the point? If in less than 2020 years, Abraham Erskine was able to conceive of and create the Vita Rays that speed up The Super Soldier Serum and make the Serum work correctly for Captain America...then Wakanda with OVER A MILLION YEARS OF UNBROKEN WORLD LEADING HYPERTECH MEGAGENIUS would consider things like Vita-Rays as pre-school science projects. Wakandan soldiers would be able to destabilize the SSS with Vibranium laced beams from their standard issue rifles. In fact, their weapons would have long been equipped with Inhibitor/Nullifying effects, which T'Challa debuted via Techno Jungle DECADES before Sentinels and Forge the mutant displayed similar tech IN THE COMICS. It's a certainty without any form of doubt that Wakanda has had this tech for literally hundreds of thousands of years and developed it to such an incredibly high degree of potency that it shrugged off the attempts of many powerful beings/civilizations etc. seeking to enslave Earth long before any other human beings besides Afrakans walked the world.[ How do you think that the Wakandans weren't menaced by The Slave Engine of The Kree, even if it were ever used? ]    [/size]

Now the DM/HZ? A squad of them would give them absolute hell, DM are likely fighting Elektras.. if she also had advanced tech. Or fighting frank castle on steroids when it comes to the HZ. They will give them hell for sure and can even take them down. But I would give that to the elite groups and I would have them only do it if they were required to, BUT they can still lose to them because they are super heroes while the DM and hz are not, not just the standard Wakandan soldiers

AGREE WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: November 12, 2020, 10:25:56 am »
The reason I say that the average Wakandan soldier should not have that type of tech is because then you run into the super man issue. Where he is so powerful, he cannot gel into stories with Batman in Gotham or he cannot go into certain stories below a certain threshold without heavily nerfing him and you know full well if standard WK soldiers were thst powerful writers would be frothing at the mouth ready to punk them by having Cap, danny, or wolverine smash through them. Even the elite DM/HZ being capable of taking them down, if I were writing the book I would have it known that they Could of taken them down, it wouldn't of been easy but they could of but T'Challas orders were to lead then to a certain place. Because ultimately this is superhero comics and the title character is the one who should be doing the heavy lifting and getting the lions share of feats. If regular redshirts can take down actual title hero's (thst are above street level) than that heavily limits T'Challa and makes him less usable. Same with certain threat's, like SE if Wakanda could trounce them without T'Challa ever getting involved, than he just won't be used. That's not to say that Wakanda struggles or gets punked but rather Wakanda sets off the Domino effect to the heroes victory

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: November 12, 2020, 12:21:12 pm »
The reason I say that the average Wakandan soldier should not have that type of tech is because then you run into the super man issue. Where he is so powerful, he cannot gel into stories with Batman in Gotham or he cannot go into certain stories below a certain threshold without heavily nerfing him and you know full well if standard WK soldiers were thst powerful writers would be frothing at the mouth ready to punk them by having Cap, danny, or wolverine smash through them. Even the elite DM/HZ being capable of taking them down, if I were writing the book I would have it known that they Could of taken them down, it wouldn't of been easy but they could of but T'Challas orders were to lead then to a certain place. Because ultimately this is superhero comics and the title character is the one who should be doing the heavy lifting and getting the lions share of feats. If regular redshirts can take down actual title hero's (thst are above street level) than that heavily limits T'Challa and makes him less usable. Same with certain threat's, like SE if Wakanda could trounce them without T'Challa ever getting involved, than he just won't be used. That's not to say that Wakanda struggles or gets punked but rather Wakanda sets off the Domino effect to the heroes victory

I absolutely am feeling all of the well thought out positions and arguments above...but my position is that facing this reality is PRECISELY why we need to add more layers and nuance to the title heroes etc.

For example. If I were writing CAP? I'd have a biotech and willpower response from Cap to prevent the Vita Rays and similar things from being sapped from his cells again. I would have Cap experience a version of something like The EXTREMIS enhancile designed specifically to prevent such bioattacks vs Cap from ever being fully successful again. Therefore the Wakandan soldiers could break out with their tech and still weaken CAP with the tech...and Cap would STILL BEAT THEM because Cap's experience, skills, combat genius and instincts remain unaffected and pinnacle human, aided by his still partially enhanced physique. Were I writing BP and Cap ran afoul the Wakanda soldiers, I would still have this exact scenario play out.

Imo nobody has to be or should be nerfed. Imo it's about still finding plausible means of victory etc when facing the best version of each hero/villain/whatever, every single time. Such pinnacle instances require pinacle writing prowess and make for far more interesting encounters, characters, conflicts, story arcs, etc.

Facing Danny? The Wakandan baseline soldiers would use their baseline psikatech to protect themselves from Iron Fist blows...but The Iron Fist has many multiple uses. Hypnosis, accelerated healing, momentary mental domination, etc. Furthermore, Iron Fist IS called "The Living Weapon". There's nothing stopping him from Chi Shifting for an encounter and emulating a Wakandan soldiers fingerprints and partial DNA [ gleaned from the blood on Danny's knuckles from punching or kicking various Wakandan warriors ] and actually using the Wakandan warriors' own weapons against them after he passes the fingerprint and DNA check locks required to operate any baseline Wakandan weapon. For those of you who forgot? Danny Rand has Chi Shifted before, one of the most infamous times was when The Black Dragon unbalanced his Chi and forced Danny Rand to wear the blood red Iron Fist outfit...and fight his fellow heroes.

Daniel Rand can and will Chi Shift again, as his mastery of the Chi of Shou'Lou the Undying increases.

As for Wolverine? People keep forgetting that there's A WHOLE LOT TO UNPACK in Wolverine's past. Wolverine has been and still remains an expert SPY AND ASSASSIN. Remember tat he's known and feared in one of his other aliases as PATCH or something like that. Remember?

He's dealt with the international assassination and espionage networks for CENTURIES. He's also a samurai who never achieves his goals because his personal goals are PERFECTION in the samurai and other warrior traditions. The berzerker rage of his is still there, but he can and does sublimate it in favor of his other skills, when circumstances warrant. Wolverine can very effectively get his Double-Oh-Seven on. That's the guy who'd face Wakandan warriors and tech. Not the battle lust berzerker barbarian who would be a shield brother and drinking buddy of young, unbridled Thor.

Wolverine...if you all remember the classic Claremont runs onward into the early '90's...was a version of Winter Soldier before Winter Soldier existed. He displayed advanced stealth skills superior to that of Hand Ninja, whom he took by surprise on numerous occassions. Wolverine took missions with Black Widow which required sniping and intelligence gathering.Wolverine has gone on several missions with Elektra herself, wherein stealth, intel gathering, and assassination of targets were primary. He's done similar missions with Omega Red and Sabertooth. In several of these missions? Leaving no footprint, no hint of his entrance, presence, and exit, were paramount. No "snikt" of the claws at all. He became expert at disguise and evasion, as his numerous enemies never cease scouring the world for him and their opportunity for vengeance upon him.

As a result of their many adventures and deaths they've seen? Long before facing Wakandan soldiers, Wolverine and all the other mutants would have had anti- Neutralizer and anti-Inhibitor Field tech built into the micron sheathe and fabric of their uniforms and worn as a invisible sheathe upon their very flesh. Forge would have been the first creator of such work, and Hank would have fine tuned the tech as time passed. This would present an interesting tech challenge to Wakanda, as Wakandan tech would then be compelled to recalibrate its attacks upon the mutants...and overcome the protection the mutants enjoyed previously.

The result? Would be a DAMPENING of mutant powers, as neither tech...Wakandan baseline soldier tech nor mutant tech...would achieve full ascendancy over the other. Shuri and/or T'Challa could break the impasse with their personal attention, and so could Forge, Mr. Sinister or Hank. But Shuri and T'Challa would rather clearly and thoroughly outperform  Forge, Sinister and Hank in the tech department, should such a tech throwdown occur.

This again would introduce a constantly changing but challenging and realistic dynamic to the exchanges between mutants and Wakandans, Krakoa and Wakanda. Each writer could put his/her/their own spin on each encounter and it would be authentic for that encounter, for that conflict, at that time.

The person who would have the most difficulty vs Wakandan soldiers is The Winter Soldier. His tech would be worse than useless...his tech would be turned against him. The only chance he would have? Is if his tech received a truly awesome upgrade during the time he was part of THE ORIGINAL SIN saga, when he became "The Man on the Wall" [ that's a very GAME OF THRONES like title ].

Now. How does this kind of ability affect T'Challa's ability to partake in street level mysteries the likes of which say...Luke Cage...would engage in? Does T'Challa come in and be overpowered and whatnot, does he have to be nerfed to be part of that street mystery or street level work?

Nope.

Most of these kinds of street level mysteries/adventures don't revolve around high tech or high espionage. T'Challa could literally arrive sans prep and work the mystery/adventure on the fly. His spy network does indeed include the likes of people like Turk etc, simply via multiple proxies. In other words, people like Turk don't know that they're part of the Wakandan spy network. We saw T'Challa further extend his street network in Christopher Priest's epic THE CLIENT

This right here? Would be easy work. And fun. Our own R to the H in this very forum stated and showed and proved that T'Challa is a multilevel operator in his sticky thread THE VISION with this phrase right here: "I know some people at Marvel feel the Panther's base being in Africa is a problem. It shouldn't be. The Panther should move back and forth betwen Wakanda and the rest of the world the same way Thor moves between Asgard and Earth. He's an INTERNATIONAL player who's equally at home at the Davos Conference in Switzerland, meeting with Colin Powell in D.C. Cuba with Fidel Castro and Prince Namor."

There are places in Afrika that are faaaarrrrr more hood than the most dangerous, hoodiest hoods on Earth. T'Challa is absolutely at home there. He's literally tread those streets on foot sans tech or backup since he was a child doing his very first Walkabout. Remember?

So there should never be a question of T'Challa being too powerful for this or that adventure. It's just a matter of whether this or that adventure serves T'Challa's needs or evokes the proper response from him.

In this way, T'Challa would get involved with various things, it's just that the threats would prove themselves to be threatening by overcoming actually potent threats in Wakanda or threatening Wakandan interests abroad or trampling upon T'Challa's Code of Honor abroad [ T'Challa himself and T'Challa's warriors, even special units like The DM, The HZ, The Squad and The MKH aka The Mashujaa Kifalme Ya Heshima...ROYAL WARRIORS OF HONOR miscalled THE BLACK MUSKETEERS by The West... would, for instance, get involved in destroying sex trafficking, drug trafficking, etc rings because of the repulsive nature of these criminal enterprises ].
« Last Edit: November 12, 2020, 12:42:42 pm by supreme illuminati »
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #5077 on: November 12, 2020, 01:48:30 pm »
Black Panther's challenges lie in the fact that the character and his world were not fleshed out directly after Lee and Kirby introduced them. This lead to writers rendering their own interpretations which often conflicted or outright contradicted what Lee and Kirby presented. This phenomenon still haunts the Black Panther post the very successful attempts at centering the character by Priest.

Many of the writers following Priest wrote things into the Black Panther that were unnecessary, untrue or both. Hudlin while being a notable exception left the Black Panther in a precarious situation which none of the writers of the ongoing series or writers of the Panther's guest appearances in other books could remedy.

So it follows in the discussion between Supreme and Ezyothere would be a sort of conflict of interest. I say that exist because the Black Panther is often written in a manner that doesn't allow him to set the standard, his own standard. Spidey, Cap, Wolverine, Batman, Superman, hell even Deadpool and Punisher all got to do this.

So BP get measured by Cap's standard with regards to physical prowess. Batman in prep and strategy; Iron Man with tech and most absurdly armors; Reed with intellect. The beautiful thing that most fans and enthusiasts of the Black Panther see is T'Challa, his supporting characters and nation all occupy a unique position that has yet to be taken to its fullest potential.

The so called Superman issue exist because writers had a near cosmic being stopping bank robbers, working a job and relegated to a city in the USA. His arch villain was a bald human genius not someone on the level of Darksied. This is why he needed to be around the Legion of Superheroes. Superman works best if surrounded by his peer superiors and beings beyond his powerset.

For example read these to get an idea of who, where and what Superman should be dealing with on the regular.

The Black Panther shouldn't have to gel with Batman in Gotham level stories. Let us see how he gels in Wakananda or in Inhuman, Kree, Skrull or Planet Hulk environs.The Black Panther needs three to five years of consistent storytelling that uniquely showcases how bad-ass he and Wakanda are without compromise. This would become the standard by which all other appearances would be compared. If he is nerfed or written OOC then that particular story would be relegated as inconsequential by the fans and enthusiasts.

To state that if Wakandan soldiers can take down some major superheroes, particularly those above street level, will heavily limit T'Challa's usefulness is a fallacy. It simply means that the writer has to create a new level of threats and challenges. Otherwise we are left with Klaw and a half dozen men invading Wakanda and murdering the king or worst we are trapped in the Coatesverse... I tell you from beginning to the end. The Black Panther and Wakanda need to move on to bigger and better things.

More of this...

And definitely some of this!

Go cosmic, BP and company seem to be able to handle it. Also T'Challa needs a moniker, something similar to Triple H's Cerebral Assassin. Nuff said, make it so.

Let's see who gets the most kills.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: November 14, 2020, 06:14:26 pm »
Black Panther's challenges lie in the fact that the character and his world were not fleshed out directly after Lee and Kirby introduced them. This lead to writers rendering their own interpretations which often conflicted or outright contradicted what Lee and Kirby presented. This phenomenon still haunts the Black Panther post the very successful attempts at centering the character by Priest.

Many of the writers following Priest wrote things into the Black Panther that were unnecessary, untrue or both. Hudlin while being a notable exception left the Black Panther in a precarious situation which none of the writers of the ongoing series or writers of the Panther's guest appearances in other books could remedy.

So it follows in the discussion between Supreme and Ezyothere would be a sort of conflict of interest. I say that exist because the Black Panther is often written in a manner that doesn't allow him to set the standard, his own standard. Spidey, Cap, Wolverine, Batman, Superman, hell even Deadpool and Punisher all got to do this.

So BP get measured by Cap's standard with regards to physical prowess. Batman in prep and strategy; Iron Man with tech and most absurdly armors; Reed with intellect. The beautiful thing that most fans and enthusiasts of the Black Panther see is T'Challa, his supporting characters and nation all occupy a unique position that has yet to be taken to its fullest potential.

The so called Superman issue exist because writers had a near cosmic being stopping bank robbers, working a job and relegated to a city in the USA. His arch villain was a bald human genius not someone on the level of Darksied. This is why he needed to be around the Legion of Superheroes. Superman works best if surrounded by his peer superiors and beings beyond his powerset.

For example read these to get an idea of who, where and what Superman should be dealing with on the regular.

The Black Panther shouldn't have to gel with Batman in Gotham level stories. Let us see how he gels in Wakananda or in Inhuman, Kree, Skrull or Planet Hulk environs.The Black Panther needs three to five years of consistent storytelling that uniquely showcases how bad-ass he and Wakanda are without compromise. This would become the standard by which all other appearances would be compared. If he is nerfed or written OOC then that particular story would be relegated as inconsequential by the fans and enthusiasts.

To state that if Wakandan soldiers can take down some major superheroes, particularly those above street level, will heavily limit T'Challa's usefulness is a fallacy. It simply means that the writer has to create a new level of threats and challenges. Otherwise we are left with Klaw and a half dozen men invading Wakanda and murdering the king or worst we are trapped in the Coatesverse... I tell you from beginning to the end. The Black Panther and Wakanda need to move on to bigger and better things.

More of this...

And definitely some of this!

Go cosmic, BP and company seem to be able to handle it. Also T'Challa needs a moniker, something similar to Triple H's Cerebral Assassin. Nuff said, make it so.

Let's see who gets the most kills.

Allllll of this up here!!^^^

Listen. Ture IS RIGHT. Remember how I kept saying that T'Challa shouldn't be measured with the same yardstick that people use to measure megabrains like Reed Richards because T'Challa's claim to fame is that HE'S NOT LIKE REED? T'Challa IS WHAT CJP SAID HE WAS: "...THE SHREWDEST MAN IN THE MCU..."

Now. After taking an honest inventory of the MOST IMPOSING FEATS OF THE MOST IMPOSING INTELLECTS OF THE 616 SUPERCAPE AND SUPERVILLAIN COMMUNITIES [ excluding cosmic entities and the like ], we as writers and fans of BP should be compelled to imagine something different and unique for T'Challa that yet completely reflects not only Wakandan but AFRAKAN history and culture.

T'Challa has pinnacle human IQ and EI. THERE IS NOBODY ELSE WHO HAS SUCH A THING. This sets T'Challa AND WAKANDA into a completely new and different category.

Ture IS RIGHT that T'Challa should have his own moniker. Wolverine? Has "The Best There Is [ At What He Does ]".  Captain America? Is The Sentinel of Liberty. Batman? Is The Dark Knight.

T'Challa should be officially known henceforth as "THE MOST DANGEROUS MAN ALIVE". Thank you, DAVID LISS.

T'Challa SHOULD NOT be compared to Cap visavis physical prowess. Steve Captain America is [ imho wrongly ] considered to be superhuman, even though the bulk of his publishing history made a point of him NOT BEING superhuman in order to emphasize how extraordinary he is because he regularly trounces actually superhuman villains.

T'Challa? Should be viewed physically as the incarnation of Afrakan pinnacle philosophy in that HE IS STILL HUMAN...but he incarnates Peak Human Ka, Ba and Akh cultivation. This is how he can easily manifest the abilities he's shown vs Moon Knight in the KHONSHU series which Aaron got BIZZY with [ props, Aaron, because I had my deep reservations and concerns about you writing BP again ] yet STILL NOT BE SUPERHUMAN. This means that physical prowess-wise? He embodies a constellation of peak human physical abilities which he can use SIMULTANEOUSLY...a feat which almost all nonWakandans consider to be superhuman, but which megabrains like Lunella, Reed and Tony know is actually within the purview of human ability. Furthermore,

My HEF brethren. We should delve into the abilities available to we as humans and then throw those potential abilities into the million plus years of not only Black Panther leaders but the Wakandan civilization from which they arose. Then extrapolate the abilities of CURRENT BP's. If we do that? We see that concepts like the OGDOAD and ENNEAD long foretold and ensconced T'Challa as King of the Dead and Shuri as The Ancient Future [ yes, we should KEEP Shuri as The Ancient Future...one of the few cool things that Coates actually did for the BP mythos ]. These two would form part of the needed extremities of Wakanda with The Council and Queen Mother Ramonda each representing vital forces that taken in the aggregate balance Wakanda out and make Wakanda so very formidable...while both offering incredibly compelling material to develop and flesh out the various formerly warring ethnic groups of Wakanda AND placing them clearly as vitally important within the operational mechanisms of Wakanda the nation itself.

So. Basically. Who cares if there's a Marsh Tribe, a River Tribe, or whatever? So? The way they're currently [ not ] written, they're essentially faceless and unnecessary. The readers of Marvel 616 nor the fans of BP specifically have any real reason to give one rhino dropping about them. Or any of the other ethnic groups, except The Jabari. And of The Jabari? We only know about and care about TWO of them...Queen Divine Justice Giovanni Brown and of course the OG himself, M'BAKU. But...what does it matter that they're part of The Jabari? We have no real reason to care about The Jabari as a whole. We have no reason to care about The River Tribe as a whole. We have no reason to care about The Sky Tribe as a whole. Or The Border Tribe as a whole...although we DO care about W'Kabi.

But wait. If it's made clear that the marshes of The Marsh Tribe are not only home to fantastic beasts and magicks, but The Marsh Tribespeople are guardians of a special form of Elemental Vibranium which amplifies the channeling of Elemental and Quasi-Elemental Energies that The Marsh Tribespeople have developed unique knowledge and "mastery" of? Well. That changes things. Because we can craft challengers to the throne from this Tribe/Clan/Ethnic Group who have truly rooted themselves in Wakandan lore, history etc and have motivations which don't necessarily make them villainous. Members from this tribe may be uniquely targeted by inimical nonWakandan forces for their own nefarious plans. Also? Members of this Tribe who become HZ or DM will bring their unique specialties with them, and this makes them all the more formidable in missions.

It ALSO could explain how groups of these warriors would be uniquely dangerous threats to various members of The Avengers...whether catching a lone Avenger [ Captain America, Hawkeye etc ] or a group of Avengers [ who aren't like say...Thor, Hercules, Wonder Man, Vision, Scarlet Witch, and say Captain America banding together to scrap with them ]...and taking them each down. Or at least giving them a real run for their $ in a fight. Because? Each of these warriors, HZ and DM come from Wakandan Clans who each possess special abilities and have trained together specifically to defeat interWakandan and extraWakandan threats. Inclusive of The Avengers.

Work out character bibles, Clan Powers and Clan Histories for each of Wakanda's Clans. These Clans are Wakanda's Aristocracy, and they didn't arrive at that point by accident. Their histories, their family emblems and symbols, etc should be prominently displayed and part of the fabric of Wakanda itself. Like Ymir and The Frost Giants or Malekith and The Dark Elves of Svartalfheim etc etc are part of Asgard's storytelling fabric.

In my fanfic? I introduced readers to two Agayu Adept. One is part of KABILA LA MSITU..."The Tribe of The Forest", who tangles with Lady Bullseye and Sabertooth...and the other Agayu Adept  is part of KABILA LA JANGWANI...The Desert Tribe. Agayu Adepts are most often drawn from KABILA LA JANGWANI, but they are also more rarely developed by The River Tribe and The Jabari of the Mountains [ because Agayu's Spheres of Dominance are Mountains, Deserts etc and his symbols include The Ferryman...river crossing...and The Sun ]. Agayu Adepts of The Desert Tribe are uniquely gifted at many things, including disguise...as the chameleon is one of the Animal Fist Styles they must master. The Desert Chameleon differs from The River and/or Mountain Chameleons and are a bit more suited for "the deserts of space" [ where we first see her in my fanifc: as the second in command of the AIYDRA leader ].

Lemme stop...I've written way too much. I'm sure you HEFfas get the idea [ probably 98 paragraphs ago, lol ]. Ture, Ezyo, and all our HEFfa brethren...thoughts?
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Online Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #5079 on: November 16, 2020, 06:43:08 pm »
Give me a moment Supreme Illuminati as I want to respond with some depth to your well said errr, written post.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: Yesterday at 11:51:30 am »
Just a PSA for the community. Been getting called by the Social Security Scammers over the phone. Just a reminder if you get an automated message, its not real, SS administration doesn't call.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: Yesterday at 01:02:21 pm »
Just a PSA for the community. Been getting called by the Social Security Scammers over the phone. Just a reminder if you get an automated message, its not real, SS administration doesn't call.

Thanks for the heads up!  :)

What a coincidence!  I've been receiving trojan e-mails from Wal*Mart claiming to offer black Friday deals; these are not deals but lures to an unsecure virus site.

Be careful out there.  :-\