Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER CINEMA - Count Down to BP2  (Read 371418 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER CINEMA
« Reply #3105 on: August 19, 2019, 07:45:00 pm »
So we're going to have a multiyear break before the next BP movie comes out. In the interim, seems like our leading light for Afrakan heroics will be Anthony Mackie's new Falcon-cum-Captain America. I don't see any projects named WAR MACHINE or any major WAR MACHINE TV stuff or streaming series coming on. No Doctor Voodoo, which is kinduva surprise what with the whole "horror" thing Marvel has going with GHOST RIDER and HELLSTROM. No Okoye or Shuri stuff, no live action Miles Morales stuff that I'm aware of. Seems like the only brutha holdin it down for us that we know of right now is Falcon. We'll have to wait til 2021 for even the hope of LUKE CAGE [ and the rest of the excellent NETFLIX MARVEL stuff ] coming back.

Soooo...does anyone know if there'll be some Afrakan heroics worth watching between now and the return of BP, BLADE, etc in the MCU?

Btw. The sleeper star in all of this? Mess around and be the [ highly underrated ] Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. Thoughts?

Agents of Shield has one more season and Henry Simmons' Mack has been prominent on there. Also, there's still Runaways and Cloak and Dagger. When it comes to touting MCU diversity the television shows don't get the credit they might deserve up to this point.

Well said. I rocks with Henry Simmons since way back...since ABOVE THE RIM, back in like what was that? 1995? 1994? And one of Tyler Perry's Madea movies. I think he isn't given the options that he deserves. And it's crazy to think that he and I both are 49. He is winning at Life much more than I am, lol.

But still...that's just not enough. Cloak on Cloak and Dagger isn't hard enough. Isn't MAN enough. Neither is what'shisname on RUNAWAYS. I like both characters and support both actors, but...they're just too soft, man. They don't carry that Black man PHYSICAL swag, that CULTURAL identification and soul, that HARDCORENESS, man. They're very much new age new kid compromised...and packed with that new age cross over appeal which is so important for success nowadays.

But bottom line? Them kids just not hard enough.

Mack? Is with the biz but he's not WITH THE BIZ like Blade is, you know? Or Black Panther. Hell, I'm starving for HAWK [ A MAN CALLED HAWK, SPENSER FOR HIRE  ] to come back...even though it's a helluva lot to expect some foolish Millenial to hope to have a shot at doing a younger Hawk any kind of justice. Or writers of this era to do Hawk any justice.

Hawk remains the best dressed. Coolest. Baddest. Smartest. Most Woke. Most Ahead of His Time. Dopest cars drivingest. Biggest Colt Python revolver carryingest. Man to ever hit the small screen.

"You can't surprise me Spenser, you're too White."--HAWK

HAWK was where got his BLADE SHADES from. For rillz.

That's it, man. Let's start this. BRING BACK "A MAN CALLED HAWK"! Hell, BRING BACK SPENSER FOR HIRE!! BRING EM BOTH BACK!! LET'S START A PETITION.

But which one of these young bucks...BESIDES MICHAEL B. JORDAN WHO WOULD TURN DOWN ANY OPTION TO PLAY HAWK ANYWAYS...could actually rock Hawk with a serious Morpheus+John Wick upgrade in physicality and weaponry, but without sacrificing the iconic Cool, Wokeness, and amazing acting skill of Avery Brooks infused Hawk?

Quoted for truth Supreme. Hawk was that dude for real. Couldn't wait for him to cut his hair, grow the goatee and rid himself of that innocuous look on DS9.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER CINEMA
« Reply #3106 on: August 20, 2019, 07:09:43 am »
So we're going to have a multiyear break before the next BP movie comes out. In the interim, seems like our leading light for Afrakan heroics will be Anthony Mackie's new Falcon-cum-Captain America. I don't see any projects named WAR MACHINE or any major WAR MACHINE TV stuff or streaming series coming on. No Doctor Voodoo, which is kinduva surprise what with the whole "horror" thing Marvel has going with GHOST RIDER and HELLSTROM. No Okoye or Shuri stuff, no live action Miles Morales stuff that I'm aware of. Seems like the only brutha holdin it down for us that we know of right now is Falcon. We'll have to wait til 2021 for even the hope of LUKE CAGE [ and the rest of the excellent NETFLIX MARVEL stuff ] coming back.

Soooo...does anyone know if there'll be some Afrakan heroics worth watching between now and the return of BP, BLADE, etc in the MCU?

Btw. The sleeper star in all of this? Mess around and be the [ highly underrated ] Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye. Thoughts?

Agents of Shield has one more season and Henry Simmons' Mack has been prominent on there. Also, there's still Runaways and Cloak and Dagger. When it comes to touting MCU diversity the television shows don't get the credit they might deserve up to this point.

Well said. I rocks with Henry Simmons since way back...since ABOVE THE RIM, back in like what was that? 1995? 1994? And one of Tyler Perry's Madea movies. I think he isn't given the options that he deserves. And it's crazy to think that he and I both are 49. He is winning at Life much more than I am, lol.

But still...that's just not enough. Cloak on Cloak and Dagger isn't hard enough. Isn't MAN enough. Neither is what'shisname on RUNAWAYS. I like both characters and support both actors, but...they're just too soft, man. They don't carry that Black man PHYSICAL swag, that CULTURAL identification and soul, that HARDCORENESS, man. They're very much new age new kid compromised...and packed with that new age cross over appeal which is so important for success nowadays.

But bottom line? Them kids just not hard enough.

Mack? Is with the biz but he's not WITH THE BIZ like Blade is, you know? Or Black Panther. Hell, I'm starving for HAWK [ A MAN CALLED HAWK, SPENSER FOR HIRE  ] to come back...even though it's a helluva lot to expect some foolish Millenial to hope to have a shot at doing a younger Hawk any kind of justice. Or writers of this era to do Hawk any justice.

Hawk remains the best dressed. Coolest. Baddest. Smartest. Most Woke. Most Ahead of His Time. Dopest cars drivingest. Biggest Colt Python revolver carryingest. Man to ever hit the small screen.

"You can't surprise me Spenser, you're too White."--HAWK

HAWK was where got his BLADE SHADES from. For rillz.

That's it, man. Let's start this. BRING BACK "A MAN CALLED HAWK"! Hell, BRING BACK SPENSER FOR HIRE!! BRING EM BOTH BACK!! LET'S START A PETITION.

But which one of these young bucks...BESIDES MICHAEL B. JORDAN WHO WOULD TURN DOWN ANY OPTION TO PLAY HAWK ANYWAYS...could actually rock Hawk with a serious Morpheus+John Wick upgrade in physicality and weaponry, but without sacrificing the iconic Cool, Wokeness, and amazing acting skill of Avery Brooks infused Hawk?

To your question, though they aren't young anymore, Michael Jai White and Wesley Snipes could easily play Hawk. I think Henry Simmons could do it, and maybe Morris Chestnut (he had  more of an edge in the short-lived NBC show he was on last season). I think Aldis Hodge could as well. For younger guys, I liked Y'lan Noel in The First Purge. I had some issues with the stereotypical character he played, but he still looked like he could kick some ass. Maybe Trevante Rhodes, who did okay in the action scenes in that last horrible Predator movie and also did fine in the Bird Box movie. Mike Colter did fine as Luke Cage, so I could see him also being able to play Hawk.

Good point about the softness of the MCU television characters, though I wasn't looking at them in terms of playing Hawk or necessarily of projecting masculinity. I've seen more of Runaways and Alex struggles with that, but to the show's credit, he hasn't been completely wussed out, though they do let too many of the team front on him. I also don't think they let his dad fully kick ass and be the boss he could be. I haven't seen enough of Cloak and Dagger to judge, though I can see him being a teen, same with Alex, as a way to not have to contend with fully formed black masculinity. When it comes to Mack, he is a full grown man, though I do think they soften him and they keep him under Coulson and then stutter step with his relationship with Yo-Yo (of course he can't have a black woman), and I do find it interesting that May (who had a black husband) has shown no interest in him, or even Daisy for that matter. He came a little into his own this season, IMO, though they still had him taking Ls way too much.

In this reboot happy time, I wish Black Hollywood would get more into reviving and maybe expanding or even improving  upon some of old, classic, or iconic characters and stories. There's been a little of it with Shaft and Superfly, and I heard about a new Uptown Saturday Night coming. The Color Purple has never left us really, being on Broadway if not on the big screen. And Dreamgirls turned Jennifer Hudson into an Academy Award winner. I didn't see the Fat Albert film. Unfortunately Sparkle didn't get the support I think it deserved. And there is the Boomerang show on BET, though I don't know if it's out yet.

As well as Hawk, other shows/movies they could reboot/revive that come to mind are: Fortune Dane, Action Jackson, Red Tails, Miracle at St. Anna, School Daze, Coffy, Cosmic Slop, MANTIS, Undercovers, and Get Christy Love. Never saw The Last Dragon, but it seems like a movie that could be remade. As could The Wiz, on the big screen again.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2019, 07:21:05 am by Emperorjones »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: BLACK PANTHER CINEMA - Count Down to BP2
« Reply #3107 on: August 24, 2019, 10:59:35 am »
Black Panther 2 is coming out in May 2022

By Julia Alexander  Aug 24, 2019

In the Studios panel at D23, Marvel Studios co-president Kevin Feige confirmed that Black Panther 2 has been scheduled for release on May 6, 2022. Director Ryan Coogler said the team is ďtaking their time with itĒ in order to get it right.

That places Black Panther 2 directly between some of Marvelís new franchises, like The Eternals, and other series installments, like Thor: Love and Thunder and Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness.

If San Diego Comic-Con was Marvel Studiosí way of ushering in Phase Four of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Disneyís biennial trade show D23 was a reminder that sequels to important movies are still coming.

Unlike Star Wars, which is taking a theatrical break after lackluster box office and critical success for spinoffs Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and Solo: A Star Wars Story, Marvel Studios shows no sign of slowing down. Itís only getting bigger. Many of Marvelís upcoming sequels will intertwine directly with Disney+ series. The events of Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness will reference the Disney+ series WandaVision, for example.

Feige didnít comment on whether movies like Black Panther 2 will relate to series like WandaVision, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, or Loki, but donít be surprised if they do.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/24/20831028/black-panther-2-release-date-disney-marvel-cinematic-universe-mcu-ryan-coogler-chadwick-boseman

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3108 on: August 25, 2019, 09:55:20 pm »

Just sayin'!

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: September 04, 2019, 09:22:55 am »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #3111 on: September 09, 2019, 12:50:25 am »
What If...? Episode to Feature Black Panther Leading the Guardians of the Galaxy
By JK SCHMIDT

The new Marvel Studios series What If...? will be a first for the superhero powerhouse when it premieres on the Disney+ streaming service, not only because it will feature major twists on the movies we know and love but because it's the company's first foray into animation. This affords the unlimited imagination that the medium allows without having to worry about budgets, while including the original actors who will reprise their iconic roles. And now showrunner Ashley Bradley is revealing new details about the upcoming series, including an episode that will see Black Panther become the leader of the Guardians Of The Galaxy.

Bradley spoke with Discussing Film about the series, teasing an episode of What If...? where T'Challa end up as Star-Lord.

"On the reel [shown at D23], there is this image of a Star-Lord T'Challa because we wanted to see what if the worlds of Black Panther and the Guardians of the Galaxy collided," explained Bradley. "That was taking two universes, two to three movies, kind of twisting them in new ways."

She went on to say that fans received some epic moments in Avengers: Endgame that showed some of their favorite characters interacting for the first time, and What If...? will continue to follow down that path.

"With Star-Lord T'Challa obviously, we want to know how T'Challa ended up in other planets? Whatís the story there? Itís super exciting to work on because again, itís seeing these characters and seeing the combination of character interactions," Bradley added. "Seeing the Avengers hang out together and more recently Endgame gave us the fun of seeing something like Ant-Man hanging out with the Hulk. What IfÖ? is taking it a step further."

The showrunner previously explained that she originally wanted to do an episode where Jane Foster became Thor but was quickly shut down by Marvel.

"Our first weeks there I very strongly pitched doing The Mighty Thor- Jane Foster Thor. Jane wielding the hammer, I believe first happened in a What If comic," Bradley said. "I was very poignantly told that was never going to happen. I got a little angry and thought, 'Why, because they donít want a woman holding the hammer?' I was very politely told, 'No weíre doing it.' I was like what? 'Weíre doing it in the movies. You canít do it.' I was like, seriously? They responded with, 'Please donít tell anyone. Weíre with you on it, itís an amazing idea. Taika Waititi wants to write it.' At that point, you just go 'Then Taika Waiti can write it!'"

What If...? does not yet have a release date for Disney+.

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/09/06/what-if-episode-feature-black-panther-leading-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: September 09, 2019, 03:11:42 pm »
ďI am Groot.Ē

ďI donít care.Ē

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: September 11, 2019, 04:02:29 am »
So, does this mean T'challa was kidnapped as a child and raised by Yondu?