Author Topic: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther  (Read 624283 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Reparations and Revolution for the Damisa-Sarki Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther
« Reply #1215 on: September 02, 2016, 03:15:42 pm »
Im just expecting "black panther cult is suppressing other religions" stuff and it will come off horrid imo

I can actually see him writing about the bold....

...oh boy.

Well, think about it.  He stated that he finds the idea if a Monarchy to be primitive and not an aspect of an advance culture.  I wouldn't be surprised if he said something similar about religion.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Reparations and Revolution for the Damisa-Sarki Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther
« Reply #1216 on: September 02, 2016, 03:31:57 pm »
Rise form the Ashes Soon Esteemed Brother Sal

Coates replied to my tweet. His answer below:

Not sure. But it's an undercurrent right now. Will continue to be. And it will have to be addressed. It was a huge betrayal.

Interesting answer. Guess for now, it won't be mentioned directly. Down the line, perhaps?

Hopefully, Man its so frustrating because i want this to work out for T'Challa and the BP mythos. We got a movie, we got 2 books featuring him, plus a 2nd Wakanda based book, Animation coming up, Cool variant covers. This is the Year of BP and I REALLY want this to work out for T'Challa. But its like when he is so lit, there is still something trying to douse the flame

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1217 on: September 02, 2016, 04:14:32 pm »

Not sure. But it's an undercurrent right now. Will continue to be. And it will have to be addressed. It was a huge betrayal.

Interesting answer. Guess for now, it won't be mentioned directly. Down the line, perhaps?

Feel like the boat has sailed.

Ultimates is working with multiple nations. As well as his appearances in captain marvel.

After SW, it woukd have been a perfect opportunity tp pull wakanda back into isolation and how that would effect the larger mcu

The "ultimates" then could have been a tchalla led group of super heroes he actually trusts. Bp, voodoo, monica, eden, prolly could still use Adam. Maybe someone like captain britain or thor odinson as well

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: September 02, 2016, 04:17:19 pm »

Hopefully, Man its so frustrating because i want this to work out for T'Challa and the BP mythos. We got a movie, we got 2 books featuring him, plus a 2nd Wakanda based book, Animation coming up, Cool variant covers. This is the Year of BP and I REALLY want this to work out for T'Challa. But its like when he is so lit, there is still something trying to douse the flame

The crazy thing is, by all accounts, its working.

Positive MCU buzz? Check.

Mainstream TV appearance? Check

Mainstream video game appearances (and good ones)? Check

High-selling, overall positively reviewed book? Check

Overall positive showings in other books? Check

Literally, BP's path to A-List status is as good as anyone's right now. The only concern I had were sales for the book, considering the pacing and some of the stuff we've discussed here and elsewhere. Yet the sales have completely blown past my expectations, despite everything.

At this point, only a horrible MCU appearance or flat out internal sabotage will stop this Wakandan freight train, and knowing the MCU, I seriously doubt the movie will be trash.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: September 02, 2016, 04:39:21 pm »

Literally, BP's path to A-List status is as good as anyone's right now. The only concern I had were sales for the book, considering the pacing and some of the stuff we've discussed here and elsewhere. Yet the sales have completely blown past my expectations, despite everything.

At this point, only a horrible MCU appearance or flat out internal sabotage will stop this Wakandan freight train, and knowing the MCU, I seriously doubt the movie will be trash.

Exactly, everything is a perfect storm, Yet the comic Solo makes me uneasy, and worry what can be happening. Especially reading gays Twitter. And currently how Coates has a disconnect on what he calls T'Challa winning or getting smart

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: September 02, 2016, 05:18:24 pm »

Feel like the boat has sailed.

Ultimates is working with multiple nations. As well as his appearances in captain marvel.

After SW, it woukd have been a perfect opportunity tp pull wakanda back into isolation and how that would effect the larger mcu

The "ultimates" then could have been a tchalla led group of super heroes he actually trusts. Bp, voodoo, monica, eden, prolly could still use Adam. Maybe someone like captain britain or thor odinson as well

Indeed, the longer the gap from SW, the harder it'll be to integrate that to a story. Though I think there can be catalysts that can kick it off. Will they be effective? Depends on the writing, I suppose.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: September 02, 2016, 05:19:32 pm »

Exactly, everything is a perfect storm, Yet the comic Solo makes me uneasy, and worry what can be happening. Especially reading gays Twitter. And currently how Coates has a disconnect on what he calls T'Challa winning or getting smart

Forgot about BP: WoW.

Yea, I have no idea how that one will go. I'll just cross my fingers.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1222 on: September 03, 2016, 05:33:32 am »
I tweeted gay about her fav comic book, got ignored.

Too busy fighting trolls i guess

Maybe someone who has read her books can talk me off the cliff with WoW lol

Offline Seven

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Haters gonna hate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: September 03, 2016, 07:12:18 am »
I've been banned by those idiotic mods over at CBR.

Was that from your post to random4? I didn't see anything ban worthy with your post???

Yes.

The reason they gave for banning me was allegedly for uncivil behaviour in the BP thread so it was definitely to do with Random4.

Has he been banned as well?

It's a week long ban for me but I'm debating not wasting my time posting on that forum in future.

You have racist individuals like Random4 popping into the BP thread posting disingenuous nonsense and getting away with it but the minute they get called on their bullsh*t, heads like Mind of Shadow and myself get banned.

Do the math.

You remember what happened to me! There is a lot of double think that goes on.

Also, Coates sucks.

Offline BmoreAkuma

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: September 03, 2016, 08:21:18 am »

Yes.

The reason they gave for banning me was allegedly for uncivil behaviour in the BP thread so it was definitely to do with Random4.

Has he been banned as well?

It's a week long ban for me but I'm debating not wasting my time posting on that forum in future.

You have racist individuals like Random4 popping into the BP thread posting disingenuous nonsense and getting away with it but the minute they get called on their bullsh*t, heads like Mind of Shadow and myself get banned.

Do the math.
Random4 is banned but I am surprised folks still want to go through CBR at all. I have maybe a total of 3 since I "got back in" but anytime soon nah.
With these choices, I felt that the American black man only needed to choose which one to get eaten by; the liberal fox or the conservative wolf because both of them will eat him.

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: September 06, 2016, 04:29:53 am »
Meh. I post there from time to time to get in discussions with Spider-Man Ben Rielly fans. Only real place to find them. I'll dip into the BP thread, read the nonsense, but if I want real BP discussion, here is where I want to be.

I will say this, every time Coates opens his mouth, I want him more and more off this book. None of his ideas have been appealing at all. It's as if he's writing an X-Men story since he couldn't write an X book, so he's writting his X-fiction through Panther.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 04:34:03 am by Blanks »

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: September 08, 2016, 07:11:27 pm »
Preview for issue #6

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1227 on: September 08, 2016, 08:50:06 pm »
Thanks for sharing Wakandan.

So Wakandan men enslaved Wakandan women. This is the kind of writing that gives retcon a bad name. Coatesverse Panther leaves little room for doubt of his coming out this story line heroic or victorious. A  half dozen or so dangling plot devices to choose from and  Coates chooses to manifest this.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: September 09, 2016, 01:21:23 am »
Thanks for sharing Wakandan.

So Wakandan men enslaved Wakandan women. This is the kind of writing that gives retcon a bad name. Coatesverse Panther leaves little room for doubt of his coming out this story line heroic or victorious. A  half dozen or so dangling plot devices to choose from and  Coates chooses to manifest this.

Yea I tried to stay middle road and look at it from both sides but Coates has made that Impossible. He is so set in his agenda that he will do whatever in his story, phuck current continuity, let's bring up stuff that's been retconned/ never existed in the 50 years bp had been around, let's prop up WOC (a Good Thing) by stomping on black men instead of uniting them both and propelling then forward. I am 100% certain Gay's story is going to makes things 150% worse.

This Story is so out of touch with What Bp is all about its sickening

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1229 on: September 09, 2016, 04:55:10 am »
TNC is just so woke y'all can't handle it

:-\