Author Topic: NEW BLACK PANTHER COMIC BOOK - Ridley's Believe it or Not!  (Read 1149257 times)

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
- Ignoring the scans from the crappy issue -

To be fair EVERYONE in that issue got jobbed out to Vision. It was even hinted that Monica and Blue Marvel lost to him. Which is complete and utter nonsense.

Haven't seen the issue yet, so I can't directly comment on that battle, but Vision is very powerful.  He's twice beaten Hyperion faster than Thor could.  And he's more powerful today than back then.

Yeah, Vision is powerful. No doubt. But Blue Marvel beat King Hyperion when he merely stopped "holding back". The same KH who killed every single Sentry, Hulk, and Hyperion on every single world.

Vision beat two different Hyperion's with a practically a single move. 

Plus, I remember King Hyperion from Exiles, he wasn't necessarily the most powerful but the most ruthless.  Keep in mind Blink beat King Hyperion, too.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA

No reprieve for our boy T'Challa.

There used to be a time when one would say that happened because it's Vision's book but T'Challa is catching Ls even in his highest selling solo. Not to mention the fact that Coatesverse Panther's force/push back could have been shown as the only real defense against the Vision. Just saying.

Well damn :o

TChalla should run circles around Vision. Seriously.

Counter Vision's density/energy/computing/phasing powers with a combo plate Ka-tech-magic-psi Thought/Chaos Virus which he learned would shut down Vision based upon his previous studies to take down each of The Avengers. Combines energies, strategies and tactics from Thoth, the Death God Anubis, an altered version of The Zombie Virus and a very controlled, low dose of the Reality Warp Fields drawn from an admixture of Quantum Singularity Clusters and Psycho Man's Psycho Realm energy.

Then drop them Wakandan dawgs on Vision.

Even if TChalla doesn't defeat Vision because that's not what the story and the writer calls for? Vision shouldn't defeat TChalla...much less smash with the fist through the back and out of the chest of TChalla. I could see Vision using a nearly Galactic Herald level Quasi Reality Manipulation via Matter Manipulation and essentially create the ILLUSION that multiple severe assaults are happening at once.This illusion would play on the senses of all present, except TChalla. While the rest of the heroes are scrambling and dealing with the sudden assault or demands of/from illusions [ it's amazing what playing illusory havoc with traffic systems in a major city for a square mile could do insofar as massive and mounting nonlife threatening but severe havoc is concerned ], TChalla goes directly after Vision.

Vision would use say...a Prismatic IntraDimension Shell [ drawn from energies adjacent to the Interdimensional Flow that Hickman created and from which The Builders were drawn ] to impede TChalla's ability to pursue him. TChalla could be slowed, and arrive in time to prevent Vision from administering the fatal blow on the prisoner. Or provide lifesaving aid immediately after Vision applies what would normally be a instant death attack.

See? Both characters are shown to be very formidable, without jobbing one to the other.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
From MindofShadow

Quote from: MindofShadow;2352504
Black Panther #6

third highest solo from Marvel, behind ASM (71K) and deadpool (59K)

I wonder if BP #7 will receive a boost, due to the cameos in that issue.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog

There used to be a time when one would say that happened because it's Vision's book but T'Challa is catching Ls even in his highest selling solo. Not to mention the fact that Coatesverse Panther's force/push back could have been shown as the only real defense against the Vision. Just saying.

Counter Vision's density/energy/computing/phasing powers with a combo plate Ka-tech-magic-psi Thought/Chaos Virus which he learned would shut down Vision based upon his previous studies to take down each of The Avengers. Combines energies, strategies and tactics from Thoth, the Death God Anubis, an altered version of The Zombie Virus and a very controlled, low dose of the Reality Warp Fields drawn from an admixture of Quantum Singularity Clusters and Psycho Man's Psycho Realm energy.

Even if TChalla doesn't defeat Vision because that's not what the story and the writer calls for? Vision shouldn't defeat TChalla...much less smash with the fist through the back and out of the chest of TChalla. I could see Vision using a nearly Galactic Herald level Quasi Reality Manipulation via Matter Manipulation and essentially create the ILLUSION that multiple severe assaults are happening at once.This illusion would play on the senses of all present, except TChalla. While the rest of the heroes are scrambling and dealing with the sudden assault or demands of/from illusions [ it's amazing what playing illusory havoc with traffic systems in a major city for a square mile could do insofar as massive and mounting nonlife threatening but severe havoc is concerned ], TChalla goes directly after Vision.

Vision would use say...a Prismatic IntraDimension Shell [ drawn from energies adjacent to the Interdimensional Flow that Hickman created and from which The Builders were drawn ] to impede TChalla's ability to pursue him. TChalla could be slowed, and arrive in time to prevent Vision from administering the fatal blow on the prisoner. Or provide lifesaving aid immediately after Vision applies what would normally be a instant death attack.

See? Both characters are shown to be very formidable, without jobbing one to the other.

naw, thats Batgod sh*t.

Plus, its a team book. There were 20 other heroes there. When the hell they gonna have time to do all that?

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile

naw, thats Batgod sh*t.

Plus, its a team book. There were 20 other heroes there. When the hell they gonna have time to do all that?

Cosign the bold.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

naw, thats Batgod sh*t.

Cosign the bold.

Though I haven't viewed the entire fight...there is no feasible reason (other than jobbing T'Challa out) that can be offered for Vision dispensing with the Black Panther as if the latter has no fail safes against former's power set. It's not about always winning ala "Bat god" but damn what do you call a BP that is perpetually loosing.

Is this the start of the descent? BLACK PANTHER #6  58,746. Yea I know, still great numbers.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 11:14:00 am by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog

naw, thats Batgod sh*t.

Cosign the bold.

Coates should be careful. BLACK PANTHER #6  58,746

naw, I think hes good. He's got the Crew bump coming next issue. #8 will see the Shuri journey conclude, and then its down hill from there

I really, really, really think this book should double ship though. I think it would market better to the "casual" fans and keep the momentum going

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
My bad MOS, you caught me in the middle of typing.

Online Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

naw, thats Batgod sh*t.

Cosign the bold.

Though I haven't viewed the entire fight...there is no feasible reason (other than jobbing T'Challa out) that can be offered for Vision dispensing with the Black Panther as if the latter has no fail safes against former's power set. It's not about always winning ala "Bat god" but damn what do you call a BP that is perpetually loosing.

Is this the start of the descent? BLACK PANTHER #6  58,746. Yea I know, still great numbers.

To Be honest the whoel thing is kinda a job fest with Vision taking out foes who would mop the floor with him, even if they weren't tryign to kill him. And also yea T'Challa wouldn't be standing at the front lines trying to fight Vision, He would do the exact same thing he did when MAC, Carol, and Adam started fighting, and when the Ultimates fought Thanos. He would sit back, Devise a plan to take down or stop Vision and apply it, or at the very least he would get punched in the back like that. Especially without any fail safes. So basically i just roll my eyes at it because Vision shouldn't have won

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

I hear you Brother SI. Your's is more about T'Challa's potential being utilized and reached as opposed to these writers pathetic attempts at what they may deem as actualizing the lack of skill set they seem to believe the Black Panther is in possession of. I feel ya.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
To Be honest the whoel thing is kinda a job fest with Vision taking out foes who would mop the floor with him, even if they weren't tryign to kill him. And also yea T'Challa wouldn't be standing at the front lines trying to fight Vision, He would do the exact same thing he did when MAC, Carol, and Adam started fighting, and when the Ultimates fought Thanos. He would sit back, Devise a plan to take down or stop Vision and apply it, or at the very least he would get punched in the back like that. Especially without any fail safes. So basically i just roll my eyes at it because Vision shouldn't have won

Brother Ezyo this why I argue that the Black Panther doesn't need to be on a team because the excuse is often used that he can't really get off because there are half a dozen other heroes to spotlight.

Gone are the days...

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA

naw, thats Batgod sh*t.

Cosign the bold.

How is that any form of "Bat God" ish? Seriously. The things  that I had TChalla do are all based upon skills and tech he has already shown. In ULTIMATES, he translated across large chunks of this universe in order to confront Galactus.

TChalla is already acknowledged as mega-prepbeast. It's already established in canon that TChalla has stated that he can take out the entire Avengers team. He already has options and prep for the arrival of Galactus. He has been in Psycho Man's realm, and outsmarted the latter. He's stopped Doom and his entire country of Latveria with a single Wakandan EMP blast [ which of course is not like the standard EMP blasts ]. He outfought and out thought t he Mystic Vibranium enhanced DoomBots.

He created a craft that could withstand the literal destruction of almost all there is in the universe. He siphoned the Power Cosmic from Silver Surfer then served him in h2h. He has whole clergy of Mendinao and Zawaviri types. He has dropped Namor...he of the Class 100 or near so strength...with a single punch.

If anything? I was toning down what TChalla could do to Vision. If Vision REALLY got tuh trippin? TChalla could hit him with a dose of Shadow Physics energy [ established by Maberry ] and instantly smoke Vision. Transport Vision to a mystical otherrealm. Or something equally jacked.

Under McDuffie's pen, our TChalla helped one of the Zombie Universe TChallas...the one married to the White girl superhero, forget her name...figure out how to defeat the Zombie Virus of his dimension. I'm thinking? He can figure out how to frazzle Vision.

Especially since TChalla was there when Vision WAS defeated by villains and enemies with LESSER resources and LESSER tech.

Please illustrate to me how TChalla...the real TChalla, the PRIEST-RH-MCDUFFIE-LISS-good parts of Hickman TChalla...would let himself get mollywhopped by someone he prepped to defeat LONG BEFORE Scarlet Witch uttered: "No more mutants"?

I'd be quite interested in your reasoning.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
A few questions for everyone.

Now that we're entering the latter part of this season...how do you think it will end, based on what you've all read so far?

Specifically:

-What will be the fate of Tetu, Zenzi, and The People?

-What will be the fate of the Doras? Will they return to the fold or remain a third faction from hereon in?

-Will T'Challa remain King of Wakanda? If not, what happens to him?

-With Shuri's return immanent, what role do you think she'll have in the final arc of the story? What position will she have in Wakanda at the season's conclusion?

-What do you think will happen to Changamire?

-What will be Ramonda's fate? Do you believe she will be able to recover from her injuries?

-Where will Wakanda go from here? Coates suggested that religion will be a topic that is touched on in season 2. What direction will Wakanda go at season 1's end and heading towards season 2?

-The Wakandan monarchy: will it survive in it's current form? Will it survive at all? Will there be a significant change in Wakandan governance?

That's all I have for now. Feel free to add on any other thoughts that comes your way.

Offline Booshman

• View Profile

Under McDuffie's pen, our TChalla helped one of the Zombie Universe TChallas...the one married to the White girl superhero, forget her name...figure out how to defeat the Zombie Virus of his dimension. I'm thinking? He can figure out how to frazzle Vision.

It was "that world's" Kitty Pryde.

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
Coates often mentioned that some of his most memorable Spider-Man and X-Men stories are when the characters went through a whooooolllllllee lot of trouble/strife/etc, and then "win" (whatever winning meant in each respective story) at the stories' conclusion.

It's evident he's using that style of storytelling in this BP book, and in a rather slow-paced manner too.

That's an utterly stupid tactic, on Coates' part, because both of those books had dozens upon dozens of clear cut victories for the characters. For every one "bare win". T'challa doesn't have that.