Author Topic: Reparations and Revolution for the Damisa-Sarki Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther  (Read 164607 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Reparations and Revolution for the Damisa-Sarki Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther
« Reply #2790 on: September 14, 2017, 03:51:17 am »
Ha Ha Ha. Douglas Scott is not a cool mercenary name. Could you imagine when they introduce themselves during a villain meeting.

I'm Zanda and this is my partner Douglas. lol

I can see tgat being a joke in a deadpool movie

Worse tgan Francis lol

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Reparations and Revolution for the Damisa-Sarki Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther
« Reply #2791 on: September 14, 2017, 06:06:21 am »

T'Challa is approaching a point where he wouldn't even need comics to satiate his impending large fanbase.  He's a hit video game away from having that trifecta of movie, cartoon and video game.  Rarified air.  In addition to actual novels coming to bookstores.  At that point, fukk comics.  Batman TAS was my 'comic' as a kid lol.

In truth if his toys and merch sell, they gon wolverine/Batman him in everything mainstream

That's true.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: September 14, 2017, 06:47:23 am »
"Douglas Scott" is the real name of the second supervillain to use the name Razor-Fist.

Hey as long as T'Challa looks formidable and badass and Zanda and co don't look like complete jokes guys could be named Susie Q for all i care

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: September 14, 2017, 07:56:57 am »

T'Challa is approaching a point where he wouldn't even need comics to satiate his impending large fanbase.  He's a hit video game away from having that trifecta of movie, cartoon and video game.  Rarified air.  In addition to actual novels coming to bookstores.  At that point, fukk comics.  Batman TAS was my 'comic' as a kid lol.

In truth if his toys and merch sell, they gon wolverine/Batman him in everything mainstream

That's true.
I was a big spider-man fan as a kid but i never even touched a spider-man comic until i was a pre-teen.

The Spidey TAS on Fox, Maximum Carnage and several all Spidey games on Sega, the Diane Duane novels in bookstores that i read as religiously as i did Animorphs, and then my own imagination throwing the spidey action figures and cut out drawings around my room.

it was lit
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 08:10:38 am by Mortal Man »
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2794 on: September 14, 2017, 08:08:47 am »
"Douglas Scott" is the real name of the second supervillain to use the name Razor-Fist.

Hey as long as T'Challa looks formidable and badass and Zanda and co don't look like complete jokes guys could be named Susie Q for all i care

Razor Fist...please. First incarnation as a Shang Chi villain during the Master of Kung Fu's hey day, now this second rate legacy wannabe is supposed to give T'Challa a workout? Razor Fist was defeated twice by Mockingbird, arms cut off by Colleen Wing but then again this is the Coatesverse.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #2795 on: September 14, 2017, 08:29:34 am »

Razor Fist...please. First incarnation as a Shang Chi villain during the Master of Kung Fu's hey day, now this second rate legacy wannabe is supposed to give T'Challa a workout? Razor Fist was defeated twice by Mockingbird, arms cut off by Colleen Wing but then again this is the Coatesverse.

this is MCU, not comics universe.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 09:13:01 am by MindofShadow »

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: September 14, 2017, 09:03:47 am »

Well I'm just saying I want it to be a good showing, you can do so without having T'Challa look like
he is getting worked. Like show him handling his business like we expect him to.

I'm actually pretty excited for this mini to come out. It seems like to going to be a breath of fresh air from Coates suffocating Garbage

Offline Mortal Man

• When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: September 14, 2017, 10:52:40 am »
I'd like to see Taskmaster be an MCU villain for T'Challa.  Like the 2nd or 3rd tier villain in BP move #2, when BP comes to America to discover Kevin Cole and Monica.
How many leaders you said you needed then left em for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, its King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #2798 on: September 14, 2017, 12:41:56 pm »

I don't know the context of this yet but...

It really looks like that could be a main avengers team of some sort

please give me tchalla on a main team please give me tchalla on a main team

This screams movie team

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: September 14, 2017, 01:21:10 pm »
Cool Cover, though that is a huge roster. Too much to actually have any reasonable amount of good panel time. Break it up into two teams, Avengers and New Avengers.

I would either Put T'Challa on the Core team with Cap, Tony, Og Thor, and Hulk, with Scarlet and Wasp.

Or I would have him leading a team with: Sam, Vision, Carol, Jane Thor, Widow, and Giant man.

I wouldn't want beast on there with T'Challa

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #2800 on: September 14, 2017, 01:39:01 pm »
im assuming its just a splash page, it looks like Quicksilver nad Herc are in the background.

Online 4sake

• View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: September 14, 2017, 02:20:45 pm »

This screams movie team

Yes to BP main roster, but I'm perfer not that roster.. Also Black widow is still dead.. And they are given Hawkeye & Winter Soldier a 5/6 issue mini series to  bond over a death & look into some Black Widow related cases.. Doubt she's coming back this soon.. Also I don't know if we the readers were told that status of Banner ( is he still brainwashed or etc)... Hank Pym is still Ultron out, with Marvel seemly find with that status quot..
Pull List

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #2802 on: September 14, 2017, 02:23:45 pm »
Oath confirmed Widow's alive

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: September 14, 2017, 03:19:18 pm »

This screams movie team

Does Thor Odinson have a NEW hammer?

Add Spectrum and Wonder Man, then I might have a new favorite team of Avengers.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 03:21:52 pm by KIP LEWIS »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #2804 on: September 14, 2017, 03:32:49 pm »

this is MCU, not comics universe.

Well I'm just saying I want it to be a good showing, you can do so without having T'Challa look like
he is getting worked. Like show him handling his business like we expect him to." 

I'm actually pretty excited for this mini to come out. It seems like to going to be a breath of fresh air from Coates suffocating Garbage.
   Ezyo

True MindofShadow but I don't want the Black Panther to become the MCU's claw barer nor Captain America's Afrakan counter part whether in films, cartoons, or comic books. He's beyond that.

I like the idea of the mini and agree with you Ezyo about a good showing for Black Panther. However fighting virtual unknowns does little to bolster the rep of the King of Wakanda. They could have used Shang Chi as the one of world's greatest known combatants and have them throw fists in some majestic ceremony of warriors. After all, isn't T'Challa and company somewhere in Asia in his upcoming film... perfect segue.

Showcase T'Challa's advance martial skills against someone far stronger by introducing the MCU Namor and have the Black Panther go one on one with him on land and sea
. This mini could be used to drop hints for BP2. Both of these characters could work well in both film and books. Added the MCU gets to  introduce to new and totally legit characters as opponents for Black Panther and springboard them into their own feature films.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more