Author Topic: Termination and Liberation for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther Finale  (Read 688352 times)

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/20/avengers-1-spearheads-marvel-comics-next-relaunch
And then thereís Black Panther. Though Black Panther has long had a frosty relationship with the Avengers, this take on the character isnít going to be the usual cold and elusive Panther. Itís not lost on Aaron that Black Pantherís profile has been raised to great heights now that the movie is out, and he spoke about how the Big Three might need to make room for one more.

ďI think the Big Three of the Avengers are really, really close to being the Big Four. I think Black Panther definitely deserves to be at the heart of an Avengers team like this, when youíre talking about the biggest, most iconic characters from that lineage. He has a big, big role to play, not just in this arc, but in this book going forward, and itís really fun to be writing him again,Ē Aaron said.

Panther goddess Bast been hearing MoS's A:EMH wishes for years now and finally said f*ck it why not... lol

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
  • When ish hit the fan...
    • View Profile
Just a very weird start of the year.  It's like everyone is getting what they wanted. A1 sauce black Wakandan love interest, A:EMH team book; BP: Rise (comic feats), best supporting cast of all time, best superhero villain of all time, greatest kid sister of all time, highest rated superhero movie of all time, highest grossing solo superhero movie of all time, highest grossing 4-day superhero movie ever period, greatest superhero movie of all time. 

My goodness... what the hell is going on here
How many leaders you said you needed then left Ďem for dead?
Is it Moses, is it Huey Newton or Detroit Red?
Is it Martin Luther, JFK, shooter you assassin
Is it Jackie, is it Jesse, oh I know, itís King T'Challa, oh!

When ish hit the fan, is you still a fan?

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Bout time these guys made a reappearance. Lol
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
So may is the new Avengers relaunch month

Can I dream Panther gets relaunched in May tooo?

Offline 4sake

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Jason Aaron writing Avengers.

BP
Jason Aaron writing Avengers.

BP & She Hulk look very lazyly drawn & bland
Don't Trust JA & never will...
Not shocked to see Methany ( marvel they learn soon enuff)
Also most definitely could used another non white full timer. Especially a woman ( white woman & different "favors" of white folks aren't diversity)
Not shocked to see Ghost Rider/Racer ( those OG Blaze fans - who took lot cool ish form Ketch version about to be extra upset & learn a Blue Beetle like lesson lol)
Rotating roster spot is a great idea just think the roster should be 8 regards & 1 rotating member..

And I fully expect free lunches of other books with other Avenger characters that's under different names..

Probably another ultimate book another Thunderbolt books & etc..
Pull List

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I mean... the art for the book is kinda trash.

Ok.. trash is a strong word.  WoW was trash.

But it looks a lil too cartoony ish.   

And when the hell is BP going to get his MCU habit?  This been going on 2 years now!

And, might as well ask this now, when is BP gonna get his grown man MCU goatee!?  If i can't grow one, at least let me live vicariously through his damn it!

Online Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
What needs to happen is Evans needs to keep knocking it out of the park, and sales need to stay up to make it an ongoing. That could nicely with him getting on the main Avengers team

Online Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Since Tchalla is apart of the "Big 4" What is going to be his role in the group? Problem i see with being on a team with cap, Tony, strange and marvel are: Cap A gets out as leader or JA tries to force feed Carol as leader,
Tony is there so he handles tech/ genius stuff usually, strange has mystical stuff. What's Tchallas role? JA isn't going with Priest/John's version of Tchalla.. Only other role is EMH end game lone wolf panther. But what is his niche? I don't want him playing second fiddle.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Wolverine, lone wolf, antagonizer role with a dose of "back up leader, prep, tech" guy likely

Carol is just a flying brick with this group

Offline Mortal Man

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I'm not "thrilled" about his inclusion in Avengers 1 but i'm more so just pleased that it's become undeniable at Marvel (a company very good at denying) that he's top 4 in their entire program.

With that said, MCU T'Challa on an Avengers team would be very different, or more extreme than any other T'Challa, cartoon or otherwise.  MCU T'Challa has bigger and better stuff than Tony, and isn't going anywhere without Okoye beside him, and Shuri as a bug in his ear and tech on deck.  Basically they would take the tech lead role...

...with him and Okoye basically talking sh*t about everyone in their native language before T'Challa calmly says in english what they plan on doing.  None of that history of being in the background that Priest had to spin into something.  None of that isolated lone wolf EMH BP either...

just straight up, this is what we're going to do, bc our ish is better than yalls.  But we're only getting that in the movies, so this is largely whatever barring a pleasant surprise

Online Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
MM that would be so dope if they went MCU Panther on this run, however it may be more akin to EMH Tchalla (Which im ok with because he was a badass that made grand master chess player moves) unless JA channels SwaD Tchalla, or Original Sin Tchalla. Either of those o would be okay with. I just want him to have a clear defined role. Not back up lead, back up genius, back up tech.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Not back up lead, back up genius, back up tech.

And no storm

I wonder if Aaron is addressing any of the past or if CB Yoshida has jsut ordered a clean slate style cleanse and going straight for that forgotten 100000 BC legacy story plot

EMH T'challa is my second favorte T'challa (T'chadwick for the win) soim all for that. Aaron can really really really write a bad ass tchalla if he wants to...

(or really really really f*ck him up)

Al I know is... we will get at least 18 issues of this, T'challa is back in a 50+K a month team book. and I might have something else to read other than Coatesville.

After Rise and the movie and Future Fight, im full on the optimism train!

Offline DigiCom

• View Profile
I'm just assuming that the book will sell really well for the first issue, drop about 50-60% the next issue, and sink to whatever the current level is for Avengers books by issue #6 or so.

As for Aaron's storytelling... these days, he loves his flashbacks, putting characters through the wringer, and "deconstructing" them.  So I'm not expecting much... SWAD was too long ago.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
I'm a Aaron THOR stan so ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN lol
« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 05:50:43 am by MindofShadow »