Author Topic: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther  (Read 458155 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I believe it was already stated that this was in a different universe or multiverse or something. Either way I don't see this ending well for T'Challa or intergalactic Wakanda

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
LOL! The haters on Twitter are so mad! Black Panther won "Best Movie", Chadwick won "Best Hero" (and "Best Performance"), and Michael B. won "Best Villain" (over Thanos) at the MTV Movie Awards.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 10:51:30 pm by Booshman »

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Wakanda repelled Thanos forces 3 times in straight up combat JA can't do that anymore. But I feel now he has a little more respect for T'Challa and Wakanda as a whole now[/b]

Remember the whole SECRET INVASION thing? They used REED RICHARDS' GENIUS AND TECH TO OVERWHELM EARTH'S DETECTION TECH AND THE POWERS OF EACH OF EARTH'S SUPERHEROES...BUT WAKANDA STILL SNIFFED THEM OUT. Jason Aaron had T'Challa explain that The Panther God saw each of the SOULS of the shapeshifting Skrulls.  So even with Reed level tech...literally...the Skrulls couldn't get passed Wakanda's detection ability.

But Jason said he doesn't think that Wakanda could straight out tech The Skrulls. Yes, Wakanda can and should be able to do exactly that. After all, Wakanda had to have outmanuevered The Kree too...way back before and during the earliest of The Inhumans days.

Umm,. Bast reading the souls is not Wakandan tech.  By having to use magic, a literal Deus ex machina;  the Skrulls did beat Wakanda tech, they just forgot about Bast.  And given that the Skrulls had tech that challenged Asgard, and magic to challenge Avalon, the Skrulls just overlooked Bast.

And Wakandan tech did not deal with the Kree during the time of the Inhumans.  Wakanda has only been undefeated for ten thousand years. The Kree left the Inhumans over 100,000 years ago.  (BTW, if you say that the Wakandan nation is older than 10K yrs old, then you are saying the were conquered before that 10K mark.)

These again are all good points...which I considered even before reaching my own opinion on this matter, years ago.

As Brother Ture echoed, BENDIS during SECRET INVASION specifically had THE SKRULLS THEMSELVES STATE that Reed Richards' genius and tech always found them out. Tony Starks' tech was also a truly formidable obstacle for them to overcome. This was specifically stated by The Skrulls after they captured The Illuminati. This was also the reason that they didn't just kill The Illuminati when they had them...because even if they killed Reed and Company? Reed's tech still would uncover The Skrulls if The Skrulls invaded Earth. And The Skrulls wanted Earth, if for no other reason than that Earth kept defeating them. Therefore, The Skrulls cloned The Illuminati...Reed in particular...and used Reed's genius against the rest of Earth. This is how they managed to defeat each and every single superhuman power of Earth's heroes, kidnap and swap out most of Earth's standout heroes with Skrulls who truly thought they were the MU heroes they replaced , and basically take over the planet. Without a single shot fired, a single punch thrown, or anyone on Earth the wiser.

That's where the rub is. Wakanda has danced circles around Reed's tech for his entire lifetime. Merely having escaped detection by Reed until T'Challa invited Reed and the F4 to Wakanda tells you who's boss in the cloaking technology department. And if Wakanda escaped Reed's detection, Doom's detection, and literally everyone else's detection [ including Klaw, as I am given to understand that Klaw was alerted to Wakanda's existence by other ex-pat Wakandans, or other Afrikans ] until T'Challa felt it was right to inform Reed that Wakanda existed. As Priest had Tony Starks say to Agent Gyrich: "Getting people like you to underestimate him is T'Challa's super power."

As for this:"And Wakandan tech did not deal with the Kree during the time of the Inhumans.  Wakanda has only been undefeated for ten thousand years. The Kree left the Inhumans over 100,000 years ago.  (BTW, if you say that the Wakandan nation is older than 10K yrs old, then you are saying the were conquered before that 10K mark.)"

Gonna have to disagree. Remember this here?

That was more than 1 million years ago.

And remember when Bast called The Black Panther lineage "...Unbeaten. Unbroken. A crown of the unconquered..."? She specifically said: "...every battle fought. Every battle won..."

The Wakandans were around when The Kree were gettin funky roundabout up in Earth.

Fighting for well over 1 million years. Won every single time...until the 3rd round vs Thanos. That means? They put hands on The Kree, too. Which makes sense. Else The Kree would have taken the planet Earth, long ago. I mean...who was going to stop them? The Not Yet Inhumans? Odin The All Busy With Other Stuff? Nope. That would be Wakanda. The true protectors of Earth and humanity since the dawn of semi-civilized humanity.

I know, I know. Avengers 1 million B.C. wasn't written back in the day, and it's maybe a alternate timeline. Or whatever. But you know who you forgot?

THIS GUY:

Our own R to the H.

Who said right here: http://hudlinentertainment.com/smf/index.php?topic=958.0

...and I quote:

"...Unfettered b the yoke of colonization, they have created a hi-tech, ecologically sound paradise that makes the rest of the world seem primitive by comparison..."

You know who ELSE lives in the rest of the world? Doom. Tony Starks. The High Evolutionary. Hank Pym. Banner. McCoy. And oh yeah...REED RICHARDS. Compared to T'Challa's tech? These guys are living the primitive life. And guess what? That was established before TRO.

And Priest, in the SEE WAKANDA AND DIE [ SWaD ] TPB, flatly states that T'Challa is the "...shrewdest man in the MU."

And Priest established THAT in the friggin 1990's.

Sooooo....NO. Reed isn't outsmarting or out-teching anyone roundabout the T'Challa-Wakanda way. And The Skrulls aren't outsmarting Reed.

T'Challa>Reed>The Skrulls.

But wait. You know which Skrulls that I WOULD NOT GIVE WAKANDA THE TECH ADVANTAGE OVER?

The mysterious. Clearly extremely powerful immortal genius of...The Skrull GODS. The same Gods that inspired The Skrulls to launch a successful SECRET INVASION.

I like the idea of writing THAT story...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

BLACK PANTHER #4
TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • DANIEL ACUñA (A)
Cover by PAOLO RIVERA
COSMIC GHOST RIDER VS. variant cover by Pasqual Ferry
“THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA” CONTINUES!
Rebellion among the rebels! When M’Baku rises to lead the Nameless, he’ll advocate for a new strategy in their war against the Empire — one that goes against everything T’Challa believes. But M’Baku’s plan could save lives. And without his mantle, what power does T’Challa have to fight for what he knows is right?

courtesy of CBR's KingNomarch
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
CBR's KingNomarch does it again.

Wow, that is half the comic book. Through his latest offering (or these pages at least) Coates continues to distance himself from the defining traits of the Black Panther and thus his Panther lacks an authentic voice. This reads like it was written by a dated college professor trying to stay relevant. It is too generic. These Star Wars-esque scenes are one size fits all.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Before this story; did vibranium exist anywhere but on Earth? Realistically, it shouldn't, but.....

Edited... That should say, realistically it should.  I think I'll blame autocorrect.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 09:02:20 am by KIP LEWIS »

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
It should. Being a meteor implies it exist somewhere else. I think Carol has an arc in space that has Vb in it.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Before this story; did vibranium exist anywhere but on Earth? Realistically, it shouldn't, but.....

Edited... That should say, realistically it should.  I think I'll blame autocorrect.

hahahahaha!!!

But yeah I think that Vibranium is more than a meteor. Hmmm. I hope there is no pseudo-Kryptonian story getting cooked up. And while I actually did like the Star Wars-esque stuff in that I am quite stunned to see Coates overcome his unyielding deconstruction of T'Challa as the Black Panter? As usual, Brother Ture is dead on target in his criticisms of it.

The very rarity of the appearance of a semi-competent T'Challa in his own book is sufficient to permanently fire Coates.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I was going to call it a wash at around a 6 for wasting an issue, but the second half was really good. Mostly an info dump, but the art for those scenes helps to sell it.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
It is strongly implied that Tchalla shows up claiming to be himself(lol) with his memory intact and the empire captures him and wipes his memeory. Also pushed strongly for time travel, but not confirmed.

Wakanda Forever: I would say her Long Live the King stuff was better. One line made me think she doesn't care what Coates does either. Lol.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Wakanda Forever: I would say her Long Live the King stuff was better. One line made me think she doesn't care what Coates does either. Lol.

The bolded? Is what made me think that maybe I oughtta get this Long Live the King.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

The bolded? Is what made me think that maybe I oughtta get this Long Live the King.

I would try to read it for free at a library or wait for a digital trade fire sale. Also look for used copies on Amazon. Goodwill and libraries have good deals
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 02:39:14 pm by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

Coates has a couple of fans based on these two reviews.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2018/06/27/black-panther-2-review/
https://www.monkeysfightingrobots.co/black-panther-2-review-new-hope/

What the reviewers and I can agree on is that this new run of Black Panther is not only generic but boarders on plagiarism. Coates may in fact believe he is giving BP enthusiasts what they want, less verbiage and lots of action. However Coates continues to distance himself from the Black Panther mythos by enveloping T'Challa in this galaxy, far, far away misstep.

Coates more than likely sees himself connecting to and drawing from the Marvel universe, alas, the M'Kraan Shard and Darth Monger, the symbiote, are clarion examples of Coates preference for fool's gold as he refuses to mine the true precious metal lying in the caverns of the Black Panther's mythology. If Coates could relinquish his aversion to the Black Panther's "traditional and recurrent narrative theme"and draw from those aspects that consistently undergird the character, he could develop a more secure and sustainable plot structure.

While I like Acuna's art, it too is a victim of Coates insistence on ignoring even those things his prior issues have established as canon for the King of Wakanda. Very little of the art is representative of the defining traits that should be associated with T'Challa, the Black Panther.

This would have worked much better if T'Challa was using his stealth and Kimoyo tech; his energy daggers and force push; vibranium microweave and anti metal claws; his superior genius and strategic and tactical acumen; a talon fighter of his own design; a fleet of N'Yami battle cruisers on the other side of the wormhole. One can do the whole Star Wars thing just Black it up a little. Feel me? You know what would have been really great? T'challa building the Galactic Empire of Wakanda and sitting on the throne. That would be leaving your mark on Black Panther.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 10:12:50 pm by Ture »

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

What the reviewers and I can agree on is that this new run of Black Panther is not only generic but boarders on plagiarism. Coates may in fact believe he is giving BP enthusiasts what they want, less verbiage and lots of action. However Coates continues to distance himself from the Black Panther mythos by enveloping T'Challa in this galaxy, far, far away misstep.

Coates more than likely sees himself connecting to and drawing from the Marvel universe, alas, the M'Kraan Shard and Darth Monger, the symbiote, are clarion examples of Coates preference for fool's gold as he refuses to mine the true precious metal lying in the caverns of the Black Panther's mythology. If Coates could relinquish his aversion to the Black Panther's "traditional and recurrent narrative theme"and draw from those aspects that consistently undergird the character, he could develop a more secure and sustainable plot structure.

While I like Acuna's art, it too is a victim of Coates insistence on ignoring even those things his prior issues have established as canon for the King of Wakanda. Very little of the art is representative of the defining traits that should be associated with T'Challa, the Black Panther.

This would have worked much better if T'Challa was using his stealth and Kimoyo tech; his energy daggers and force push; vibranium microweave and anti metal claws; his superior genius and strategic and tactical acumen; a talon fighter of his own design; a fleet of N'Yami battle cruisers on the other side of the wormhole. One can do the whole Star Wars thing just Black it up a little. Feel me? You know what would have been really great? T'challa building the Galactic Empire of Wakanda and sitting on the throne. That would be leaving your mark on Black Panther.

But remember one of Coates' initial premises--kings are part of primitive cultures.  By his logic, an empire, even a space empire, is a flawed, throwback type of government.  He can't have a successful good Galactic Empire of Wakanda because he doesn't believe Empires are good and progressive.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group

But remember one of Coates' initial premises--kings are part of primitive cultures.  By his logic, an empire, even a space empire, is a flawed, throwback type of government.  He can't have a successful good Galactic Empire of Wakanda because he doesn't believe Empires are good and progressive.

The Black Panther has too often suffered, for far too long, the sole discretion of an unchecked author. An informed and committed editor or editorial staff must insure that the Black Panther is not subject to the whims of a writer with no respect for the character.  It should not be solely about the author's personal viewpoints but what segues or integrates with the mythos while advancing the narrative.

As far as the whole Coates' initiative and empires not being good nor progressive that's an easy fix. Make T'Challa the founder and elected president of the Galactic Federation of Wakanda. Do Trek instead of Wars.

Coates reads like someone adept at stating problems or finding fault but utterly deficient in creating imaginative solutions. This is the world of comic books where a king can be righteous and govern a nation while saving the world in a cat costume. Make it so.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
 It will be interesting to see where this goes. If nothing else the art is absolutely gorgeous
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 09:14:37 am by Ezyo »