Author Topic: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther  (Read 571740 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I've said this in another thread, but I Really like acunas rendition of T'Challas actual habit, and I really wish that it would be standardized across the 616 already. Having the accent's on the habit, the necklace, and accent's on his forearms shouldn't be that difficult. Hell the Shuri book with Shuris BP habit on her Solo has more detail then T'Challa gets and even her detail is pretty minor compared to other heroes

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
I've said this in another thread, but I Really like acunas rendition of T'Challas actual habit, and I really wish that it would be standardized across the 616 already. Having the accent's on the habit, the necklace, and accent's on his forearms shouldn't be that difficult. Hell the Shuri book with Shuris BP habit on her Solo has more detail then T'Challa gets and even her detail is pretty minor compared to other heroes

I think that CJP's habit...but black colored...should be the standard. With the Acuna dopeness layered on top of it. This way we have all the elements from the OG black habit that RH rocked [ and which was supposed to be the color of the first BP habit ] all the way up to the most modern improvements upon it. If I ever got a shot at BP? That's the habit I would have him rock...and I'd have him address these changes on panel with a brief comment. I'd say that T'Challa improved upon the original OG habit to the blue and gold habit not only as a result of his own innovative original ideas but also after having input from Ramonda via her battles with Kang the Conqueror, The Beast from The Hand, and the first Bwana ya Riddick..."Lord of Zombies", stupidly miscalled Baron Macabre...and the suggestions from S'yan the Swift culled from his clashes with Apocalypse, The Stranger and The Mbwa Mwito ya Anubis [ "wild dogs/wolves/jackals of Anubis"...miscalled "Death Tigers" by Westerners ] , then Shuri improved upon the blue and gold habit with the result being that Shuri was the architect of the MCU habit, and T'Challa further improved the MCU habit to reach the current incarnation that he rocks in my BP run. Or I might have this composite habit be the result of the combined genius of T'Challa and Shuri.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 02:12:29 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I like Priest/Hudlin habit too, but I am not too keen about the Batman like ears. I prefer the Panther ones. Honestly, Kenneth rocafort and gillis Panther habitd are my favorites. Marquez in Avengers run does a mean habit and acunas too.

But honestly the mask SHOULD have accents, look like a Panther, and have accents non the forearms and shins.. but of not then rocaforts version when he activated wearable kimoyo or Marquez when T'Challa activated the solar flare on the vampires (mask lit up but otherwise stays dark) but the accent's should at least always be present

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Link to the preview. Nothing worth posting the scans for. Website got confussed with the end of the first arc #12, but scroll down for next weeks issue.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2019/05/24/marvel-preview-black-panther-12-2/
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I like Priest/Hudlin habit too, but I am not too keen about the Batman like ears. I prefer the Panther ones. Honestly, Kenneth rocafort and gillis Panther habitd are my favorites. Marquez in Avengers run does a mean habit and acunas too.

But honestly the mask SHOULD have accents, look like a Panther, and have accents non the forearms and shins.. but of not then rocaforts version when he activated wearable kimoyo or Marquez when T'Challa activated the solar flare on the vampires (mask lit up but otherwise stays dark) but the accent's should at least always be present

I am thoroughly annoyed at myself for missing THE ENTIRETY of this Avengers run thus far. I'm going to have to cop me some TPBs. Isn't this Jason Aaron's joint? Has he made amends for taking the reigns and splitting T'Challa and Ororo like he did? Yes, I know that such was Editorial's mandate and he had to do so to keep his job, but...there's still some NaCl [ salt ] left in my mouth for that whole affair.  I'm sure that this NaCl is the reason that I haven't cracked a single issue of the Avengers run, yet.

I both like and have reservations about the cat face mask of Rocafort's. He's not the first to put the pantherine/feline face on T'Challa's mask, but I think his rendition is the best feline facial mask.

I absolutely love this here interaction between the art, dialogue, writing, coloring, lettering and aythang above.

The West, East and Subsaharan Afrikan style accents would be front and center in my version of T'Challa's habit. They're present in his habit in my fanfic, too. I kept the sigils on T'Challa's flesh from Maberry because it was dope, made a great deal of sense for the character and his background, and also allows me to show off North Afrikan and South Afrikan style sigils on his flesh, thus incorporating all sections of Afrika in T'Challa the man.

I like both the Batman-esque and Panther ears, but between the two? I tilt towards the Panther ears, because I'm wary of incorporating too much stuff that readers would think of as "Batman-esque". Conversely? I prefer the full face mask without the feline features over that with the feline features. I'd probably leave that final decision and stuff like that up to the artist...although I'd probably ask for some sort of compromise. Feline face when T'Challa gets fierce on fools, inscrutable full face mask a la CJP Era at all other times. Or whatever thing like that the artist feels rocks best and hardest.

I would like to see Kenneth "Ledkilla" sketch up his unique expression of a composite BP habit.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 06:39:46 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Link to the preview. Nothing worth posting the scans for. Website got confussed with the end of the first arc #12, but scroll down for next weeks issue.

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2019/05/24/marvel-preview-black-panther-12-2/

You know what? If it wasn't for the fact that the whole thing top to bottom from execution of issue #1 to this very solicit above has "this isn't as horrible as before"  as its few and far between  "bright spots"? This story might be good!
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

I am thoroughly annoyed at myself for missing THE ENTIRETY of this Avengers run thus far. I'm going to have to cop me some TPBs. Isn't this Jason Aaron's joint? Has he made amends for taking the reigns and splitting T'Challa and Ororo like he did? Yes, I know that such was Editorial's mandate and he had to do so to keep his job, but...there's still some NaCl [ salt ] left in my mouth for that whole affair.  I'm sure that this NaCl is the reason that I haven't cracked a single issue of the Avengers run, yet.

I both like and have reservations about the cat face mask of Rocafort's. He's not the first to put the pantherine/feline face on T'Challa's mask, but I think his rendition is the best feline facial mask.

I absolutely love this here interaction between the art, dialogue, writing, coloring, lettering and aythang above.

The West, East and Subsaharan Afrikan style accents would be front and center in my version of T'Challa's habit. They're present in his habit in my fanfic, too. I kept the sigils on T'Challa's flesh from Maberry because it was dope, made a great deal of sense for the character and his background, and also allows me to show off North Afrikan and South Afrikan style sigils on his flesh, thus incorporating all sections of Afrika in T'Challa the man.

I like both the Batman-esque and Panther ears, but between the two? I tilt towards the Panther ears, because I'm wary of incorporating too much stuff that readers would think of as "Batman-esque". Conversely? I prefer the full face mask without the feline features over that with the feline features. I'd probably leave that final decision and stuff like that up to the artist...although I'd probably ask for some sort of compromise. Feline face when T'Challa gets fierce on fools, inscrutable full face mask a la CJP Era at all other times. Or whatever thing like that the artist feels rocks best and hardest.

I would like to see Kenneth "Ledkilla" sketch up his unique expression of a composite BP habit.

Rocaforts version that you posted above, acunas (the first image) and David Marquez (second image with Tony) are the only versions I'll accept. Anything less then those, especially the Shadow with eyeballs look

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Rocaforts version that you posted above, acunas (the first image) and David Marquez (second image with Tony) are the only versions I'll accept. Anything less then those, especially the Shadow with eyeballs look

Those are truuuullly doooope pieces of art! There is no part of me that is mad at anyone who prefers either or a combination of the above as their main BP habit.

But. I'm thinking that if we use the CJP Era habit as the base? Literally all of the past BP habits [ except the Thrice Blessed Armor ] aaaand any fly new upgraded and innovative additions will fit.

I'm loathe to throw away BP's past, when we can keep all the best of the best stuff plus add the best of the new stuff all in one dazzling, compelling, unique habit. Color CJP Era BP habit black [as the OG BP habit was supposed to be black as a black panther or outer space ], keep gold highlights, keep adjustable cape [ cape can be there or not, as circumstances and/or artist requires ], add sigils and details when powers are used. Add feline face and sigils when communing with TPG, using unique Panther senses, using KOTD powers, communing with ancestors, etc. Add sigils when absorbing and/or redirecting deflecting energy attacks. Or using some of the unique properties of Vibranium and/or hypertech-hyper-ka, etc etc.

This gives T'Challa an incredible range of expressions but all kept in a single and primary BP habit. He wouldn't need to go grab his Whatever Armor to handle whatever jumps off for the great majority of instances. So the few times T'Challa DOES grab his Whatever Armor? It's very impactful. Imo T'Challa's uberprep should be on display with everything including his primary habit, which should already be treated with nigh infinitely adjustable and adjusting goodies to successfully thwart all manner of baddies [ and goodies ] doing stuff that T'Challa wouldn't approve of.

I'm not suggesting that you give up your preferences. Like I said? I like what you like, too. But...why pass up a chance to get the best of the best from the past and present, resulting in what is almost certain to be an overall superior habit if the right artists drop pencil, coloring, etc on it?

Just a thought.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I would except that... The only problem is that the artists would need to get on board with it which is where the problem has always arisen. One artist you get a detailed habit, like Rocafort, Marquez, or Acuna, then the next you get this:

I have had ideas similar to that (color/ sigil changing) to his habit in order to differentiate between the different tech he is using. One of the hardest things to lock down in JAs Avengers is sometimes what tech Tchalla is using because the coloring of the tech isn't always distinct and unique to the specific piece. I would make it pretty easy:

Blue = kimoyo active
Purple = Kinect energy
Red = Solar flare tech
Green = energy daggers
Etc. Those are the basics the other can be added on later but that is how I would go about making each unique and easily identifiable

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
You may see so many variations, because some artists (not all, but some) have a philosophy that they want to leave a mark on character's look, so they change something to make it "theirs."  The old days of keeping everything "on-model" aren't as prevalent as they were.  That's both good and bad.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
You may see so many variations, because some artists (not all, but some) have a philosophy that they want to leave a mark on character's look, so they change something to make it "theirs."  The old days of keeping everything "on-model" aren't as prevalent as They were.  That's both good and bad.

Well again that's how I would go about making thing's easy to identify, color code then so it's bot confusing. But the problem is that many artist subscribe to the same basic all Black with white eyes balls look as shown in the image I posted above. Sometimes that can work, if you use shading to give the finer details, something David Marquez pulls off (and then when he activated the solar flare with Tony we saw the finer details of how intricate the habit is when it lit up) the it's fine.

But Travel Foreman's version generally becomes the standard and it's a problem because it often times comes off as lazy and a lack of care to Tchallas detail. Artists have no issue with Spider-Mans costume But can't be bothered to give Tchalla more details.

That's why I respect artists like Acuna, Marquez and Rocafort so much for their attention to his appearance

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
You may see so many variations, because some artists (not all, but some) have a philosophy that they want to leave a mark on character's look, so they change something to make it "theirs."  The old days of keeping everything "on-model" aren't as prevalent as They were.  That's both good and bad.

Well again that's how I would go about making thing's easy to identify, color code then so it's bot confusing. But the problem is that many artist subscribe to the same basic all Black with white eyes balls look as shown in the image I posted above. Sometimes that can work, if you use shading to give the finer details, something David Marquez pulls off (and then when he activated the solar flare with Tony we saw the finer details of how intricate the habit is when it lit up) the it's fine.

But Travel Foreman's version generally becomes the standard and it's a problem because it often times comes off as lazy and a lack of care to Tchallas detail. Artists have no issue with Spider-Mans costume But can't be bothered to give Tchalla more details.

That's why I respect artists like Acuna, Marquez and Rocafort so much for their attention to his appearance

Yeah, Ultimates' artist just wasn't a good artist at all.  Lots of substandard art in that book.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Yeah, Ultimates' artist just wasn't a good artist at all.  Lots of substandard art in that book.

I actually don't mind what I see as Foreman's personal take on T'Challa's habit as the "ninja" interpretation [ "isiyoonekana shujaa"..."invisible hero" ]; I remember that one of the well done cartoons/anime featuring T'Challa with The Avengers ALSO centered on that ninja-like approach. In fact, the stealthy, acrobatic, speedy, hyper-agile, hunter-tracker, deeply cunning, instinct enhancing intellect part of T'Challa's character imo has suffered greatly due to the emphasis on his tremendous megagenius, prep, man of mystery character traits. I would bring these facets of T'Challa's character back with a vengeance in every issue I wrote, and you see it popping up and combining with his other characteristics in my fanfic...

...but again, imo the primary approach is to present all of this as part of T'Challa's comprehensive whole. Imo only special issues or special arcs should emphasize particular traits of T'Challa's, but the general thrust should be how T'Challa takes down, overwhelms, bewilders, and commands respect mixed with a healthy fear from most of his friends and all of his enemies via a jaunt through T'Challa's persistent pantherine senses, instinct, cunning, speed, agility, silence, stealth, tech, Ka-Ba-Akh, multiskill and multidisciplinary megagenius on consistent display as the premier polyglot that he is. All wrapped in his primary "man of mystery", deceptive, misdirection, Emperor King personality.

I think that both Blue Marvel and Captain america would take issue with T'Challa being more oriented toward killing his opponents than either and both of them are. However, this facet of T'Challa's is what would stand him in good stead with characters like Wolverine, Bishop, Psylocke, Elektra, Punsiher, Moon Knight, Tigra, Mockingbird, The Super Soldier, The Winter Soldier, Silver Sable, Echo, Sabertooth, X-23 and The Black Widow... thus making him a very sensible addition to team ups with them/employing them individually or collectively, as he is both cosmic AND more in tune with their "closer to street level" heroics and missions more than literally any other A-List hero.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
The issues isn't how Ewing wrote Tchalla or Foreman drawing him in action. The issue is how he designed him. The whole second season was lacking compared to Rocaforts beautifully drawn first season.
This:

Compared to this:
I would except that... The only problem is that the artists would need to get on board with it which is where the problem has always arisen. One artist you get a detailed habit, like Rocafort, Marquez, or Acuna, then the next you get this:

For cosmic stuff the difference was night and day.

Travel did fine on the mk knights mini, but cosmic os not his forte

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
The issues isn't how Ewing wrote Tchalla or Foreman drawing him in action. The issue is how he designed him. The whole second season was lacking compared to Rocaforts beautifully drawn first season.
This:

Compared to this:

For cosmic stuff the difference was night and day.

Travel did fine on the mk knights mini, but cosmic os not his forte

No argument from me, brother Ezyo.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC: