Author Topic: Termination and Liberation for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther Finale  (Read 821679 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther
« Reply #4590 on: September 01, 2019, 10:04:31 pm »
Posted in the CBR forum's and honestly would of been better for continuity and mystery

Quote from: Marvell2100;4543170
That's why I said it should have been Skrulls a long time back.

The Galactic Empire could have been the Skrulls who were defeated in SWaD. They couldn't go back home with such a major defeat.

And yet they were so awed by the Wakandans and the Black Panther that they began to assume the forms of Wakandans(which they previously did) and model themselves after the tiny nation that beat them(lots of intel on Wakanda since they had infiltrated).

They followed Wakanda traditions and combine that with the mantra of Queen Veranke, they began to grow and develop an empire. There could have been subtle clues, a hatred of the Kree, speaks in reverence of the Black Panther("He Loves You"), etc.

The kicker would have been that they actually had real Vibranium which would have everyone wondering where did they find it.

Next mystery begins.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther
« Reply #4591 on: September 02, 2019, 06:06:30 am »
^
I gave up on Coates's run a while back, so I don't know what the real origin of his space Wakandan empire is, however I like this idea a lot. It would allow Coates to have his cake and eat it too without completely crapping on Wakanda/Wakandans. I must say though, that the art you all put on this thread is very good. I just wish the writing was decent enough so I could support the book in good conscience.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4592 on: September 02, 2019, 01:39:37 pm »
^
I gave up on Coates's run a while back, so I don't know what the real origin of his space Wakandan empire is, however I like this idea a lot. It would allow Coates to have his cake and eat it too without completely crapping on Wakanda/Wakandans. I must say though, that the art you all put on this thread is very good. I just wish the writing was decent enough so I could support the book in good conscience.

It would have to be a different writer, one who was familiar with the mythos and actually cared to reference nthe continuity and use it as a way to create an interesting mystery and settling up a SWaD part two.

Priest or Hudlin could pull this off or JA

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4593 on: September 20, 2019, 10:14:02 am »
December's BLACK PANTHER #19

TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • Ryan Bodenheim (A) • Cover by MEGHAN HETRICK
VARIANT COVER BY Dustin Weaver
THE FINAL ARC OF THE “INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE” BEGINS HERE!
The groundbreaking story of a king who became a slave – a slave who became a legend – reaches a tipping point as N’Jadaka’s invasion of Earth continues! Wakanda goes to war against its own future…and its only hope lies in the king who brought them to this point.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4594 on: September 20, 2019, 11:11:40 am »

Winged panthers?!?

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4595 on: September 20, 2019, 01:12:24 pm »

Winged panthers?!?

They're from the plane of Wakandan memory
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4596 on: September 20, 2019, 01:30:08 pm »

Winged panthers?!?

They're from the plane of Wakandan memory

Thanks CvilleWakandan. That helped to clear things up.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4597 on: September 21, 2019, 06:05:25 am »

I understand that Black Panther is an amazing superhero but don'tcha think you're taking the character's mythos just a little too far?  ???

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4598 on: September 21, 2019, 09:46:28 pm »
PREVIEW

Black Panther #16 hits stores on Wednesday.

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4599 on: September 22, 2019, 04:26:53 pm »
I read Deathlok by Dwayne Mcduffie 22-25. Gust starring Black Panther and Moses Magnum. It was a good read. With some tweaks, it would make a good sequel for the movie.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4600 on: September 25, 2019, 07:17:05 pm »

This book reads well... for everyone not named T'Challa the Black Panther. This issue serves as both a refresher for all his ass pull plot contrivances and reminder of how much disdain Coates has for T'Challa the Black Panther, Wakanda and its fans.

Oh the incessant cloying homage to Afrakan enslavement continues unabated. I quote "... captured, stripped of his memories and made a slave. It was the Maroons who liberated and restored him. Not smart or strong enough to do it himself." The Maroons also get credit for killing his arch enemy N'Jadaka. Not to neglect the following affirmations.

Not that I mind Storm getting off...

... but shouldn't such be seen in the pages of the XMen? Because over there she is sounding like indoctrinated cultist recruiter. In fairness, Storm looking good in the pages of Black Panther is not a concern and it is something I can appreciate. One of Coates few redeeming contributions was the restoration of T'Challa and Ororo's relationship. While it is clear Coates respects Storm he has yet to do so with the Black Panther. One other thing, if Storm is going to be a mainstay in BP comics she should have to rock some Wakandan super heroine gear. Ijs, make it so.

Using Spider-Man's symbiote motif is uninspiring and proofs a lack of effort in creating a true villain for the Black Panther. Changamire, Zenzi and Tetu serves as a reminder that none of the Coates created characters will ever achieve the status of the Dora Milaje or Shuri. Those characters complimented the Black Panther... something Coates is either incapable of or reluctant to do.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 07:21:38 pm by Ture »

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4601 on: September 25, 2019, 10:28:42 pm »
As non Storm fan, issue was a waste of pages for me. Acunas' art still looks good though.
Reggie Hudlin-

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4602 on: September 26, 2019, 10:01:46 am »
Is there a way to post pictures from my phone?
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4603 on: September 26, 2019, 10:57:00 am »
Is there a way to post pictures from my phone?

I don't know how to do that.

As non Storm fan, issue was a waste of pages for me. Acunas' art still looks good though.

The waste for me is all the ahistorical, anti Wakandan propaganda and lack of true emphasis on T'Challa's powers and leadership that Coates continues to infuse in the mythos of Black Panther. True Acuna's art is working for me except his ship design, most particularly his fighters. Needs to give T'Challa an authoritative presence.

I read Deathlok by Dwayne Mcduffie 22-25. Gust starring Black Panther and Moses Magnum. It was a good read. With some tweaks, it would make a good sequel for the movie.

The Deathlok story was cool, it had much potential. Priest era Panther still remains the best and set the standard for depicting Wakanda's military might.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4604 on: September 26, 2019, 12:13:22 pm »
I skipped Black Panther at the comic book store, though the covers were enticing. Instead, I picked up the latest Captain America. I really liked the cover and I was curious about the Watchdogs with their half-Confederate masks. I've long felt that Coates treated Rogers with more respect than T'Challa, but boy, Coates's agenda was thick in the latest Captain America issue. It got to the point where he had Rogers (in thought bubbles) calling dudes 'man babies' and 'nerds', it was totally out of character and not Rogers's voice. If this was about Chris Evans, I could accept that, but not Rogers. All that being said, I still don't think Coates is ready to fully deconstruct Captain America. It wasn't Captain America who was being called these names for example or being shown as weak and ineffectual as I feel his T'Challa has been, in the books I've read. His Steve Rogers did take a back seat in this issue to Echo and White Tiger though, which doesn't bother me, though it does fit the Coates's MO.

The interior artwork was lackluster-a disgrace considering the well-rendered cover. And even the writing felt tired, like Coates just threw something together, so he didn't even try to get into Steve's head or write in his voice.