Author Topic: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther  (Read 616449 times)

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther
« Reply #4635 on: October 27, 2019, 07:44:13 pm »
You know Wakanda can barely handle a few guys with AKs or monsters. What are they going to do against space ships. Lol.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Re: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther
« Reply #4636 on: October 28, 2019, 06:00:30 am »
You know Wakanda can barely handle a few guys with AKs or monsters. What are they going to do against space ships. Lol.

Hadari Yao of course!

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: October 28, 2019, 06:17:02 am »
Exactly that's the root of the whole issue. Wakanda was undefeated. They Lost to Thanos, granted it took Thanos 3 attempts, all his generals and for Thanos to show up himself, and even then he only won because Maximus got him out however Wakanda didn't go down easy.. then after that? Coates has a dozen guerillas almost bring them down. Spencer has Faustus of all D listers take over Wakanda with some dues ex unexplained power, and now they need Storm to show up constantly in all 3 seasons to save them.. how the mighty Wakanda has fallen

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: October 30, 2019, 08:21:10 pm »
Nothing important today. There is a cool varient cover for Agents of W. Not sure what issue it's for, but it's for the 2020 stuff.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #4639 on: October 31, 2019, 06:11:02 am »
Nothing important today. There is a cool varient cover for Agents of W. Not sure what issue it's for, but it's for the 2020 stuff.

Thought the Bast/T'challa convo was about to get interesting, then it stopped lol

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: October 31, 2019, 07:14:38 am »

Thought the Bast/T'challa convo was about to get interesting, then it stopped lol

A better reveal would have been if Bast said that she was there because an older Tchalla was there too.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: October 31, 2019, 11:06:37 am »

I like that cover more than the 2099 variant

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4642 on: November 23, 2019, 12:46:47 pm »
Marvel Preview: Black Panther #18

THE INTERGALACTIC EMPIRE OF WAKANDA – TWO THOUSAND SEASONS part 6! LEARN AT LAST HOW THE KING BECAME A SLAVE! For months, you’ve been waiting to find out how T’Challa went from the king of Wakanda to the slave of an empire. Finally witness his fall from grace – and the rise of an enemy now poised to spread his empire to Earth.

Written by Ta-Nehisi Coates
Art by Chris Sprouse
Cover by Chris Sprouse
Page Count 24 Pages
Release Date November 27 2019

Coates' prickly chronicle continues in shaming the Black Panther mythos by evidencing past in-story  events by culturally insensitive or unimaginative writers instead of advancing the BP narrative by enriching it with content (which also can be fond in-story) that proofs the maturity and sophistication of both Black Panther and Wakanda.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 01:18:21 pm by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: November 23, 2019, 01:40:51 pm »
I saw that cultural dig too. Kibblesmith did something similar, but he at least turned it into a heartfelt moment. I also notice Speouse likes to draw Tchalla with his chin and eyes down. It's the subtle things that tear at a franchise.

Coates likes to treat Tchalla like becoming BP was the same as becoming Spiderman, the Hulk, or FF. They fell ass backwards into it. But why go though the trouble of being a cultural icon I'd you hate everything about it. Coates should have just did a New 52 and reboot him from the beginning. Have him born in Brooklyn and discover a necklace in a dumpster on his sanitation job, like it was rumors Disney/Marvel executives wanted.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 01:45:05 pm by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: November 23, 2019, 02:08:03 pm »
Coates entire series should just be converted into a elsewhere story. The amount of changes and ignoring of  continuity (even his own) of BP abd Wakanda is enough to make this not the 616 version. He is essentially a different Character all together.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: November 24, 2019, 05:25:07 am »
when will this story end??????

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #4646 on: November 24, 2019, 06:01:17 am »
I also notice Speouse likes to draw Tchalla with his chin and eyes down. It's the subtle things that tear at a franchise.

Yep

Dude has no regal air to him at all. Dude is a polymath royal from birth, blessed by a god, top warrior of a nation of warriors.

The funny thing is, Coates had a template in T'chadwick right there in front of him but keeps going with the version that seriously needs some testosterone replacement therapy. T'chadwick had that bravado with a bit more "humanity" to him than in the comics sometimes if Coates wanted to go that route.

instead, he feminized the dude, while making all the woman extra masculine.

Coates has murdered my fandom of comic book T'challa. Especially when I can get a fix elsewhere in movies and Pantherjack

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: November 24, 2019, 05:17:04 pm »
Someone on another site I frequent posted this link from another site he frequents, where he created his own Wakandan language:

https://cbb.aveneca.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7108

Posting it here to get your thoughts.

Offline Battle

• Honorary Wakandan
  • M.A.X. Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: November 24, 2019, 06:19:33 pm »
Someone on another site I frequent posted this link from another site he frequents, where he created his own Wakandan language:
Posting it here to get your thoughts.

I'm still curious about the term 'betuna' spoken in the Wakandan throneroom from 'Black Panther', JRCarter.  :)

From the article:

Piwakandalisa/Wakandan: A Fanlang

by Shemtov,  24 Nov 2019 02:20

"I was dissapointed at Marvel, given that they got DJP to make a language for Thor 2, that they didn't create a "Wakandan" language for Black Panther. I'm making one myself. Based on the movies, this assumes that the Wakandans were a bunch of non-Christian Egyptians, who, feeling preassure from the Nascent Coptic Church, fled south and conquered a Bantu tribe called "Wakanda", eventually taking the name for themselves."

Phonology:

/p b t d t͡s d͡z t͡ʃ d͡ʒ k/ <p b t d c cz ch j k>
/m n ŋ/ <m n ng>
/f v s z ʃ ʒ h/ <f v s z sh zhh>
/l ɾ/ <l r>
/j w/ <y w>

/i u/ <i u>
/e o/ <e o>
/ɛ ɔ/ <ɛ ɔ>
/a/ <a>
/n̩/ <n̄>

/˧ ˩/ <V V̀>

I will post allophony latter

Nouns take prefixes for class and case. This post will only deal with the first two classes, Masculine and Feminine, but there are others (note "Wakanda" is properly "Mwakanda")

Root: Si "Child"

Class I:
"Boy"
Singular:

Nominative: Pasi
Accusative-Genitive: N̄pasi
Locative: ɛn̄pasi
Lative-Dative: Shapasi
Ablative: Bɔlapasi

Plural:
Nominative: Napasi
Accusative-Genitive: Nan̄pasi
Locative: Nɛn̄pasi
Lative-Dative: Nashapasi
Ablative: Nabɔlapasi

Class II
"Girl"
Singular:
Nominative: Tasi
Accusative-Genitive: N̄tasi
Locative: ɛn̄tasi
Lative-Dative: Shatasi
Ablative: Bɔlatasi

Plural:
Nominative: Natasi
Accusative-Genitive: Nan̄tasi
Locative: Nɛn̄tasi
Lative-Dative: Nashatasi
Ablative: Nabɔlatasi

Class III- The Neuter
"Mountain"
Singular:
Nominative: Utova
Accusative-Genitive: N̄vutova
Locative: ɛn̄vutova
Lative-Dative: Shawutova
Ablative: Bɔlawutova

Plural:
Nominative: Nawutova
Accusative-Genitive: Nan̄vutova
Locative: Nɛn̄vutova
Lative-Dative: Nashawutova
Ablative: Nabɔlawutova

Lexical note:
Tame or Domesticated animals take Class I, while wild animals take Class II.
A good example of this is the words for "Rhinocerous", which, if the armored, dometicated ones seen in the movie is "Pashagěpa", but if wild is "Tn̄koru"; However an unruly tame rhino is often called "Pn̄koru"
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 09:46:00 pm by Battle »

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: November 24, 2019, 07:01:47 pm »
Why would he assume Wakandans are Egyptians who fled when Wakanda was around before Christians invaded Egypt.
Reggie Hudlin-