Author Topic: Termination and Liberation for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther Finale  (Read 820388 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther
« Reply #4695 on: January 23, 2020, 06:54:50 pm »
Lackluster for sure. If they had said they were building space fighters and upgrading N'Yami Carriers for deep space with the intention of having a DS9 style battle It'd make sense. Ground forces should be good with what they already have. The only one of those allies that is truly useful in this situation is Monica. And in this fight she's more of a threat than Stoem.

Doomwar was part of the Destari revolution so it's in there too. Lol.

I saw one review give it a 4 out of 10. Basically saying the same stuff we say.

Coates and company just don't know how much fans would love seeing the return of the N'Yami battle cruisers. Now you're talking. DS9 battles during the Dominion Wars was some of the best star wars put to film.Agreed on Monica. Tru dat on Doomwar. 4 out of 10 SMH. Coates just does't realize the potential he is squandering.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther
« Reply #4696 on: January 23, 2020, 07:07:08 pm »
I think it's a tragedy that when someone finally has bast get questioned for why she bounced, it's not T'Challa, and worse yet she is portrayed as a child both physically and mentally as well. And yeah, Coates goes on to gush all about Storm. How much praise he gave you would think this was her book and Eden was her main supporting cast. Since theybare so critical to the success of Wakanda

A tragedy indeed. From Coates himself, part of his exposition on the Black Panther.

"I think, this is going to get very, very personal. It's a little different than that. I think over the past year I have enjoyed, to be frank with you, an amount of success I did not expect, I never expected to happen. When that happens, people place you in certain positions you did not even necessarily ask for, and I found myself writing about that in the comic book."

"But to bring that back to T'Challa, that was how I got to the character being in a position where he felt committed to do certain things, but in his heart was really not there. It just really wasn't who he was he was someone else."

"And so you discover who the person is as you write more about the person. They become realer to you; they become more thick. So you know, maybe I'll circle back at the end of the day, and I'll realize that he really, really enjoys being king. I'm figuring it out."

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: January 23, 2020, 07:09:48 pm »
Lackluster for sure. If they had said they were building space fighters and upgrading N'Yami Carriers for deep space with the intention of having a DS9 style battle It'd make sense. Ground forces should be good with what they already have. The only one of those allies that is truly useful in this situation is Monica. And in this fight she's more of a threat than Stoem.

Coates and company just don't know how much fans would love seeing the return of the N'Yami battle cruisers. Now you're talking. DS9 battles during the Dominion Wars was some of the best star wars put to film.Agreed on Monica. Tru dat on Doomwar. 4 out of 10 SMH. Coates just does't realize the potential he is squandering.

When the two fleets fought when Sisko was trying to get back to DS9. That was everything.

And the older I get the better DS9 gets. It had so much character.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: January 23, 2020, 07:14:03 pm »
The other problem is while Acuna is good at drawing people, his backgrounds are lack luster. Now were stick with those ugly fighter he designed.

They should have went with the designs that were on that one varient cover towards the beginning.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4699 on: January 23, 2020, 07:20:32 pm »
That's a double agree on those post CvilleWakandan. Could you imagine if DS9 made it to the big screen? We'll just have to wait for a new artistic to deliver the visuals that BP so deserves.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: January 23, 2020, 08:41:31 pm »
I think it's a tragedy that when someone finally has bast get questioned for why she bounced, it's not T'Challa, and worse yet she is portrayed as a child both physically and mentally as well. And yeah, Coates goes on to gush all about Storm. How much praise he gave you would think this was her book and Eden was her main supporting cast. Since theybare so critical to the success of Wakanda

A tragedy indeed. From Coates himself, part of his exposition on the Black Panther.

"I think, this is going to get very, very personal. It's a little different than that. I think over the past year I have enjoyed, to be frank with you, an amount of success I did not expect, I never expected to happen. When that happens, people place you in certain positions you did not even necessarily ask for, and I found myself writing about that in the comic book."

"But to bring that back to T'Challa, that was how I got to the character being in a position where he felt committed to do certain things, but in his heart was really not there. It just really wasn't who he was he was someone else."

"And so you discover who the person is as you write more about the person. They become realer to you; they become more thick. So you know, maybe I'll circle back at the end of the day, and I'll realize that he really, really enjoys being king. I'm figuring it out."

He says that yet what he shows on panel is that he doesn't at all care for T'Challa, or his Supporting cast, or Wakanda or even the franchise as a whole. It's just a vehicle to drive his Storm narrative in hopes he gets the shot at a Storm solo

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: January 24, 2020, 06:41:42 am »
From what you all have put up, it sounds like Coates is using T'Challa to work through his own psychological, emotional, race, and masculinity issues. I wish he had just created his own superhero to work though that. Priest had some fun in the Justice League with his T'Challa-like Red Lion. Wish Coates had done the same. At this point, I hope Marvel gives him a Storm solo so he can get off the Black Panther book.

http://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Matthew_Bland_(Prime_Earth)

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: January 24, 2020, 11:57:11 am »

It's not that Coates doesn't know.

He doesn't care.

Portraying T'Challa , Wakanda and the BP Mythos, correctly, dos not matchup with Coates overarching anti-BP agenda.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4703 on: January 24, 2020, 12:15:01 pm »

It's not that Coates doesn't know.

He doesn't care.

Portraying T'Challa , Wakanda and the BP Mythos, correctly, dos not matchup with Coates overarching anti-BP agenda.

Agreed. I was using "know" in more a colloquial sense. Whether naivete or intentionality Coates has destructive, unapologetic trajectory with the Black Panther.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: February 10, 2020, 01:46:54 pm »
While I agree that death threats and that behavior is wrong, I feel Coates also is more than happy to jump on the black man bashing and won't hesitate at any opportunity to call black men weak.

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: February 10, 2020, 02:23:40 pm »
While I agree that death threats and that behavior is wrong, I feel Coates also is more than happy to jump on the black man bashing and won't hesitate at any opportunity to call black men weak.

His Black Panther has nothing but weak men. Is there any time at all during Coates run when we saw a confident, competent T'Challa?

No.
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: February 10, 2020, 02:31:53 pm »

His Black Panther has nothing but weak men. Is there any time at all during Coates run when we saw a confident, competent T'Challa?

No.

The truth of the matter is that Coates and others of his ilk, have no real concept of what 8t means to be an actual Black man in a world hellbent on breaking said Black men.

His entire run of BP books to date, reflects that clearly.

Offline Marvell2100

• Wakandans United!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: February 10, 2020, 03:27:51 pm »

No.

The truth of the matter is that Coates and others of his ilk, have no real concept of what 8t means to be an actual Black man in a world hellbent on breaking said Black men.

Pretty much. He hasn't accomplished anything on his own, constantly needs someone to help him and can't even get the credit for a win in his own book. That's pretty weak.
Black Panther. Bane of the Unfans.

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: February 10, 2020, 03:37:04 pm »

No.

Agreed.