Author Topic: Termination and Liberation for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther Finale  (Read 725530 times)

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Ta-Nehisi Coates Exits Black Panther With 40-Page Final Issue
Ta-Nehisi Coates, Daniel Acuña and Brian Stelfreeze's time with Black Panther will come to an end with a 40-page final issue this June.
BY ADREON PATTERSON MAR 20, 2020

Black Panther writer Ta-Nehisi Coates and artists Daniel Acuña and Brian Stelfreeze will end their landmark run with issue #25.

In Coates' final issue, T'Challa has come full circle. He will return to Wakanda after traveling the galaxy and enduring many trials outside his homeland. Now, the superhero has come home to reclaim his rightful place as King of Wakanda.

Marvel Comics has issued no announcement about whether Coates' last issue will conclude the series or if a new creative team is coming on board.

BLACK PANTHER #25
TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • DANIEL ACUÑA & BRIAN STELFREEZE (A) • COVER BY DANIEL ACUÑA
FINAL ISSUE VARIANT COVER BY BRIAN STELFREEZE
VARIANT COVER BY SAM SPRATT
THE FINAL ISSUE OF TA-NEHISI COATES’ LANDMARK RUN!
It’s the end of an era for the Black Panther as renowned writer Ta-Nehisi Coates concludes his Wakandan epic! Over four years, Coates has taken the Black Panther to hell and back and expanded Wakanda into the distant stars. Now, in his final issue, he brings T’Challa full circle, back to the home he left behind…and the crown he has never fully accepted. This is the story of a king who sought to be a hero, a hero who was reduced to a slave, a slave who advanced into legend…and the man who has struggled to hold up an empire in his bare hands. The journey will conclude, but the legend remains. Don’t miss the close of a historic epoch in comic history! Coates, Acuña and Stelfreeze's Black Panther #25 goes on sale June 2020 from Marvel Comics.
40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

While it's very fortunate that this is the end of COATES, it's UNFORTUATE that we're almost certainly looking at the end of the BLACK PANTHER SERIES as well. Coates' garbage books have sold terribly, and this one is ranked #123 in February of this year.

123   123   132   Black Panther   21   $3.99   02/26/20   Marvel   14,639

https://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2020/2020-02.html

What's almost certain to happen? Is that they cancel the book and revive it either next year in Black History Month or the year after when The Black Panther movie is slated to hit. That approach will pretty much guarantee them a hit series.

In the interim? The wypipo are going to drag. DRAG. T'Challa and Ororo. Without T'Challa's readership helping out, and without a marquee name like HICKMAN carrying her writing chores AND writing her often? Ororo will fade into the background and back into her traditional role of X-nanny, supporting non-entity, and chocolate covered White girl clinging to her mutant gene over her Afrikan identity and loyally playing 55th fiddle to Whoever The Mutant White Woman This Year Is.

Be not surprised to find Ororo being the ornament on the arm of some White man, next. Then speedily rejected by said White man, after said White mutant man is done with her. This is how the X-Office sees Ororo. This is how the X-fans see Ororo [ except the Rutogs and Jenn's of the world ]. This is what we'll see going forward into next year.

I hope I'm wrong, but prior history tends to affirm rather than refute my prognostications above...

...thoughts, HEFfas?

When one considers the fact that Ta Nehisi Coates, an African-American, has run T'Challa, Wakanda and the entire Bpack Panther into the proverbial ground, I fail to see what "wypipo" has to do with anything in this regard?

No one twisted Coates arm where derailing T'Challa's comicbook trajectory was concerned.

That was all on him.

Ta Nehisi Coates deserves every bit of scorn and dislike we've heaped upon him. There's no intention on my part to in any way dilute or deflect that. Imo? Betrayal by one who SHOULD HAVE been one of our own is WORSE than betrayal from outside of the community.

But. The "wypipo" were there before, during and after Coates. And they...as I said...will DRAG T'Choro as they've done before. Most especially the X-Office and the leeway they frequently enjoy plus their well known venom towards T'Choro. These people are universally wypipo who are invested in the neutering of BP; most ESPECIALLY if there's no RH or CJP types around to defend BP.

Hope I've clarified my position for you, bruh.

The entire X-office is not solely inhabited by "wypipo" so attributing the lions share of blame towards one racial demographic is something of an assumption and wistfully myopic in the face of the bigger threat posed by faux "woke" idiots like Coates and his ilk, who have deluded themselves into believing that their supposed "knowledge of self" is anything other than a variation of ignorance infused self hatred masquerading as progressiveness.

Wypipo like Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, created Black Panther and other "wypipo" such as Don McGregor David Liss and Al Ewing contributed towards positive depictions of T'Challa that were cognizant of T'Challa's intellectual and physical prowess as well as Wakandan excellence.

And I state the above not just to recognise, defend and celebrate the above mentioned writers,  but to merely illustrate the folly of blanket statements and judgements based solely on race, ethnicity or any of the other discriminatory prejudicial biases some of us tend to apply to everyday logic and supposed common sense.

It remains quite revealing that not even Jonathan Maberry of Doomwar infamy, stooped so low as ro devolve Wakanda into a stereotypical hell hole of misogyny, gender conflict and rape camps.

That distinct disrespect to the BP mythos was signed, sealed and delivered to us by Ta Nehisi Coates who the last time I looked, was most definitely not "wypipo."

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Thank you Ture and for your concern about the impact of CORVID 19 on your fellow HEFs.

IMO the recent BP issue and the first ever images in Coates run highlight that it was never about progressing the character but examining toxic masculinity.

Also in regards to New Avengers issue 3 as cited by the editor or Coates, I believe that during Captain America's mind wipe  there was a discussion between the two characters where T'Challa told Steve that he was prepared to do the right thing over his personal beliefs/oaths.

So when T'Challa was faced again with the task of doing the right thing in issue 21 of the New Avengers (as cited by Coates/editor) over his personal point of view he surrendered to his personal ethics and did not do the 'right thing'. It was a character arc for T'Challa as written by Hickman.

Coates conveniently forgets that right away, Hickman shows T'Challa starting off in his first book and first turn on the page by flashing his far too often overlooked incredible speed and stealth, and using these combined with his unmatched ubergenius to DECISIVELY notch the win against new credible foes in the guise of Black Swan and her crew...

...and defeating Black Dwarf [ off panel, a very unsatisfying and imo "punk" move, but still a victory that reverberates throughout the book and which Hickman has Black Dwarf admit he's impressed with even in the presence of unforgiving, death dealing Thanos ]

unlike Coates, whose default mode seems to always shows T'Challa being a failure, getting spurned or chastised, etc. As Coates shows here, he feels that T'Challa's very name shows the weight of one who bears the weight of ten lifetimes of "...rages and shame". There is NOTHING SHAMEFUL IN BEING WAKANDAN; THERE IS MUCH TO BE PROUD OF, ASPIRE TO AND BE HUMBLED BY. Yet to Coates? There is SHAME, as the end of the monologue of this sistah shows:

in this same character arc of Hickman's T'Challa...T'Challa actually has a power granted to him that matters significantly to the story and results in a BIG WIN for the heroes:

buries his father's dagger in Namor's chest.

He repeatedly shows hypertech genius and is shown on panel as being part of the elite trio of intellects with Tony and Reed in all of Marvel superherodom, T'Challa defeats Namor decisively in h2h, reminds Namor that T'Challa himself does "...what giants do..."

Hickman grasps and shows right away that he understands that Wakanda is someplace truly special, something beyond the mental thews of even such colossal intellects as Doom...not some place for people like Coates to display their dislike of authentic Afrikan intellect, culture, power, etc and fear of Black HeteroMasculinity

Under Hickman's pen? T'Challa outmaneuvers and defeats both Black Swan and Black Dwarf,

T'Challa shows that he's the moral anchor of The New Avengers and is the only one present who can destroy another planet for THE RIGHT REASONS AND NOT LOSE HIS SOUL DOING SO

T'Challa is shown to be the unyielding King-Hero he is, not some mind wiped slave held captive in his own kingdom. Unlike Coates, T'Challa isn't shown as some sad sack constantly apologizing to Ororo and others while being upstaged by unknown suckas in his own book [ none of whom by rights could in actuality hope to hold a candle to him ]. And when offered the opportunity to surrender even to his friends, T'Challa replies as T'Challa's inner being can only have him reply:

In short, even in his clear missteps...Hickman shows that he has a much greater grasp of the character of T'Challa than Coates ever did, ever wants to, and ever will.

Beautiful and very astute post.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I want to add my thanks to our esteemed Wakandan brother Ture for sharing ish #22 and I cosign most of the comments thereafter. I think, with his summative recap of the events that preceded his run, Coates was trying to convey T'Challa's ancestors brusquely reminding him that as King he will be faced with impossibly dire circumstances for which he alone will be responsible for decisions that determine the fate of the nation, if not the world. In doing so, they force T'Challa to accept his failings, his lineage, his responsibility and proclaim his rightful position as King.

The shame of it all is that it could have made a fine starting point to a run that shed the missteps and poor interpretations of T'Challa and Wakanda in the years prior and sought to return both to their true and rightful stature. That's what was needed, the justice the character and we true believers deserved. Instead Coates sought out and was allowed to continue to tear down T'Challa and Wakanda to advance, over four years, his antithetical Black Panther ideology. True believers be damned; Marvel editorial's seeming stance when it comes T'Challa's print exploits.

It has been many years now since we have had an authentically articulated T'Challa and Wakanda in the Black Panther title so, I'm ambivalent as to whether we get another or not. It'd be nice to see T'Challa and Wakanda prominently and competently featured in the title once again, but now that Coates is done all I can really say is...

...here's to the possibility!

My Two Cents.

Peace and good health all,

Mont

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Ta-Nehisi Coates, Daniel Acuña and Brian Stelfreeze's time with Black Panther will come to an end with a 40-page final issue this June.

Black Panther writer Ta-Nehisi Coates and artists Daniel Acuña and Brian Stelfreeze will end their landmark run with issue #25.

In Coates' final issue, T'Challa has come full circle. He will return to Wakanda after traveling the galaxy and enduring many trials outside his homeland. Now, the superhero has come home to reclaim his rightful place as King of Wakanda.

Marvel Comics has issued no announcement about whether Coates' last issue will conclude the series or if a new creative team is coming on board.

BLACK PANTHER #25
TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • DANIEL ACUÑA & BRIAN STELFREEZE (A) • COVER BY DANIEL ACUÑA
It’s the end of an era for the Black Panther as renowned writer Ta-Nehisi Coates concludes his Wakandan epic! Over four years, Coates has taken the Black Panther to hell and back and expanded Wakanda into the distant stars. Now, in his final issue, he brings T’Challa full circle, back to the home he left behind…and the crown he has never fully accepted. This is the story of a king who sought to be a hero, a hero who was reduced to a slave, a slave who advanced into legend…and the man who has struggled to hold up an empire in his bare hands. The journey will conclude, but the legend remains. Don’t miss the close of a historic epoch in comic history! Coates, Acuña and Stelfreeze's Black Panther #25 goes on sale June 2020 from Marvel Comics.
40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

While it's very fortunate that this is the end of COATES, it's UNFORTUATE that we're almost certainly looking at the end of the BLACK PANTHER SERIES as well. Coates' garbage books have sold terribly, and this one is ranked #123 in February of this year.

What's almost certain to happen? Is that they cancel the book and revive it either next year in Black History Month or the year after when The Black Panther movie is slated to hit. That approach will pretty much guarantee them a hit series.

In the interim? The wypipo are going to drag. DRAG. T'Challa and Ororo. Without T'Challa's readership helping out, and without a marquee name like HICKMAN carrying her writing chores AND writing her often? Ororo will fade into the background and back into her traditional role of X-nanny, supporting non-entity, and chocolate covered White girl clinging to her mutant gene over her Afrikan identity and loyally playing 55th fiddle to Whoever The Mutant White Woman This Year Is.

Be not surprised to find Ororo being the ornament on the arm of some White man, next. Then speedily rejected by said White man, after said White mutant man is done with her. This is how the X-Office sees Ororo. This is how the X-fans see Ororo [ except the Rutogs and Jenn's of the world ]. This is what we'll see going forward into next year.

I hope I'm wrong, but prior history tends to affirm rather than refute my prognostications above...

...thoughts, HEFfas?

When one considers the fact that Ta Nehisi Coates, an African-American, has run T'Challa, Wakanda and the entire Bpack Panther into the proverbial ground, I fail to see what "wypipo" has to do with anything in this regard?

No one twisted Coates arm where derailing T'Challa's comicbook trajectory was concerned.

That was all on him.

Ta Nehisi Coates deserves every bit of scorn and dislike we've heaped upon him. There's no intention on my part to in any way dilute or deflect that. Imo? Betrayal by one who SHOULD HAVE been one of our own is WORSE than betrayal from outside of the community.

But. The "wypipo" were there before, during and after Coates. And they...as I said...will DRAG T'Choro as they've done before. Most especially the X-Office and the leeway they frequently enjoy plus their well known venom towards T'Choro. These people are universally wypipo who are invested in the neutering of BP; most ESPECIALLY if there's no RH or CJP types around to defend BP.

The entire X-office is not solely inhabited by "wypipo" so attributing the lions share of blame towards one racial demographic is something of an assumption and wistfully myopic in the face of the bigger threat posed by faux "woke" idiots like Coates and his ilk, who have deluded themselves into believing that their supposed "knowledge of self" is anything other than a variation of ignorance infused self hatred masquerading as progressiveness.

Wypipo like Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, created Black Panther and other "wypipo" such as Don McGregor David Liss and Al Ewing contributed towards positive depictions of T'Challa that were cognizant of T'Challa's intellectual and physical prowess as well as Wakandan excellence.

And I state the above not just to recognise, defend and celebrate the above mentioned writers,  but to merely illustrate the folly of blanket statements and judgements based solely on race, ethnicity or any of the other discriminatory prejudicial biases some of us tend to apply to everyday logic and supposed common sense.

It remains quite revealing that not even Jonathan Maberry of Doomwar infamy, stooped so low as ro devolve Wakanda into a stereotypical hell hole of misogyny, gender conflict and rape camps.

That distinct disrespect to the BP mythos was signed, sealed and delivered to us by Ta Nehisi Coates who the last time I looked, was most definitely not "wypipo."

The decision makers are wypipo...and usually THE SAME wypipo we've had in place for DECADES [ and/or their pupils-cum-bosses in MU Editorial ] and their position regarding BP is [ in ]famously consistent. In more than 50 years, we've had exactly THREE writers of BP the main book and series who actually gave three damns about BP, and those are: CJP, RH, and LISS.

50+ years since BP was introduced. Three writers. Marinate with that. That. CANNOT. Be. Accidental.

The rest of the MU that dragged T'Challa? The rest of the writers who wrote T'Challa? Were wypipo who for better or for worse for the most part utterly sucked in grasping who he is and what he does [ writers who treated T'Challa well post-CJP usually didn't write T'Challa's main book, and wrote T'Challa for an arc or so; that's why I didn't mention incredible depictions of BP and/or T'Choro like those of McDuffie, Aaron with SWaD, Ellis, and of course Geoff Johns, the guy who wrote...

and other writers...like HICKMAN... who may have written impressive depictions of BP but none of them count towards my primary point because none of these worthies writing BP's main book. These other writers who wrote BP well and respectfully were few and far between...and even then for the most part they were hot fiya for an arc or two...if that; however we received more than 30 nearly unbroken years of T'Challa being T'Chumpa in both the main MU aaand his own book. That's all from and done by wypipo who set the T'Chumpa Standard; and that's my point. The outstanding humans who are White like some of the illustrious and esteemed HEFfas on our own board here are the unicorns visavis their perspective amongst most wypipo pre-MCU BP and we all know it. They know it, too. MU Editorial knows it and kept that culture up on purpose. This acidic abrasive racist culture and pogrom was ingrained and consistent in the wypipo who ran the MU and LCBRD. That's why there were zero incredible writers working on BP CONSISTENTLY in HIS MAIN BOOK since LISS .It wasn't an accident. That's POLICY. If not? One would be VERY HARD PRESSED to explain how Coates was allowed to continue his fecal matter on BP without being checked hard and corrected; notice that he didn't try a single cow pie of his chicanery on BP with the illustrious and vaunted CAPTAIN AMERICA when Coates had a shot at him... ]

More to the point, these White writers actively didn't want impressive, top tier Afrikan or Afrikan American heroes who were consistently written as A-Class heroes, consistently racking up big name wins over big name villains of the 616. The X-Office? Isn't an anomaly in the way that they disrespect to the very core of their beings the few Afrikan mutants they bother to create and NOT have them swiftly suffer humiliation at the hands of some White mutant before being offhandedly killed and summarily forgotten about. The X-Office is still following established racist, condescending MU Policy regarding Afrikan capes. Point blank, for the most part in comic book history? Neither the White comic book writers nor the LCBRD wanted powerful Black people invading their escapist superhero fantasy books and smacking around both their most formidable White villains AND White heroes. That's why there weren't any until CJP, RH, LISS, and COOGLER.

CJP and RH not only hypercharged BP, they raised the profiles of Storm, Falcon, Power Man, Iron Fist and Shang-Chi, too. Think about that. Name one. Just ONE. Afrikan or Afrikan-American hero who was written by wypipo, actually sounded and acted Black, plus got real wins on a consistent basis in Marvel Comics vs name villains. On the surface, capes like Storm, Power Man Iron Fist and Shang-Chi should have wins at least as consistent and impressive as Captain America; but they're not even close.

The toxic, unrealistic treatment of Black s/heroes is what happens when wypipo of a particular cut and ilk are the writers and Editorial and are forced to include heroes of color...especially Black heroes...in their writing. No matter how well intentioned or malicious they may be, their inner inclinations manifest themselves loud, clear and consistently.

That's what I mean by "wypipo".

And THAT'S why it's THREE TIMES WORSE when an educated genius like Coates who can write mindblowing stuff like BETWEEN THE WORLD AND ME and make staggeringly brilliant arguments for reparation...then this same guy sits down and purposely beshat...excuse me, WRITES... T'Challa in a manner that is not only the WORST kind of T'Chumpa as it squanders the incredible thirst for the REAL BP that the MCU BP built up and served to him in such a way that MU BP should be doing BATMAN NUMBERS, but furthers the unacceptable treachery by consciously crafting a vomitous literary failure that is deliberately, purposefully, maliciously and clearly showing that when it comes to writing BP? This fool is far less Ta/Ptah Coates. He is a far more fully and totally committed TURN Coates.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 07:30:22 am by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

BLACK PANTHER #25
40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

...thoughts, HEFfas?

That was all on him.

The decision makers are wypipo...and usually THE SAME wypipo we've had in place for DECADES [ and/or their pupils-cum-bosses in MU Editorial ] and their position regarding BP is [ in ]famously consistent. In more than 50 years, we've had exactly THREE writers of BP the main book and series who actually gave three damns about BP, and those are: CJP, RH, and LISS.

50+ years since BP was introduced. Three writers. Marinate with that. That. CANNOT. Be. Accidental.

The rest of the MU that dragged T'Challa? The rest of the writers who wrote T'Challa? Were wypipo who for better or for worse for the most part utterly sucked in grasping who he is and what he does [ writers who treated T'Challa well post-CJP usually didn't write T'Challa's main book, and wrote T'Challa for an arc or so; that's why I didn't mention incredible depictions of BP and/or T'Choro like those of McDuffie, Aaron with SWaD, Ellis, and of course Geoff Johns, the guy who wrote...

and other writers...like HICKMAN... who may have written impressive depictions of BP but none of them count towards my primary point because none of these worthies writing BP's main book. These other writers who wrote BP well and respectfully were few and far between...and even then for the most part they were hot fiya for an arc or two...if that; however we received more than 30 nearly unbroken years of T'Challa being T'Chumpa in both the main MU aaand his own book. That's all from and done by wypipo who set the T'Chumpa Standard; and that's my point. The outstanding humans who are White like some of the illustrious and esteemed HEFfas on our own board here are the unicorns visavis their perspective amongst most wypipo pre-MCU BP and we all know it. They know it, too. MU Editorial knows it and kept that culture up on purpose. This acidic abrasive racist culture and pogrom was ingrained and consistent in the wypipo who ran the MU and LCBRD. That's why there were zero incredible writers working on BP CONSISTENTLY in HIS MAIN BOOK since LISS .It wasn't an accident. That's POLICY. If not? One would be VERY HARD PRESSED to explain how Coates was allowed to continue his fecal matter on BP without being checked hard and corrected; notice that he didn't try a single cow pie of his chicanery on BP with the illustrious and vaunted CAPTAIN AMERICA when Coates had a shot at him... ]

More to the point, these White writers actively didn't want impressive, top tier Afrikan or Afrikan American heroes who were consistently written as A-Class heroes, consistently racking up big name wins over big name villains of the 616. The X-Office? Isn't an anomaly in the way that they disrespect to the very core of their beings the few Afrikan mutants they bother to create and NOT have them swiftly suffer humiliation at the hands of some White mutant before being offhandedly killed and summarily forgotten about. The X-Office is still following established racist, condescending MU Policy regarding Afrikan capes. Point blank, for the most part in comic book history? Neither the White comic book writers nor the LCBRD wanted powerful Black people invading their escapist superhero fantasy books and smacking around both their most formidable White villains AND White heroes. That's why there weren't any until CJP, RH, LISS, and COOGLER.

CJP and RH not only hypercharged BP, they raised the profiles of Storm, Falcon, Power Man, Iron Fist and Shang-Chi, too. Think about that. Name one. Just ONE. Afrikan or Afrikan-American hero who was written by wypipo, actually sounded and acted Black, plus got real wins on a consistent basis in Marvel Comics vs name villains. On the surface, capes like Storm, Power Man Iron Fist and Shang-Chi should have wins at least as consistent and impressive as Captain America; but they're not even close.

The toxic, unrealistic treatment of Black s/heroes is what happens when wypipo of a particular cut and ilk are the writers and Editorial and are forced to include heroes of color...especially Black heroes...in their writing. No matter how well intentioned or malicious they may be, their inner inclinations manifest themselves loud, clear and consistently.

And THAT'S why it's THREE TIMES WORSE when an educated genius like Coates who can write mindblowing stuff like BETWEEN THE WORLD AND ME and make staggeringly brilliant arguments for reparation...then this same guy sits down and purposely beshat...excuse me, WRITES... T'Challa in a manner that is not only the WORST kind of T'Chumpa as it squanders the incredible thirst for the REAL BP that the MCU BP built up and served to him in such a way that MU BP should be doing BATMAN NUMBERS, but furthers the unacceptable treachery by consciously crafting a vomitous literary failure that is deliberately, purposefully, maliciously and clearly showing that when it comes to writing BP? This fool is far less Ta/Ptah Coates. He is a far more fully and totally committed TURN Coates.

And yet, a lot of folks went out of their way to buy Coates trash masquerading as BP solo, month after month for close to FOUR years straight.

At the end of the day, we remain our own worst enemies regardless of what "wypipo" choose to do and that my brother, is the actual crux of the matter for me.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 09:06:41 pm by Salustrade »

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

BLACK PANTHER #25
40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

...thoughts, HEFfas?

That was all on him.

And yet, a lot of folks went out 9f their way to buy Coates trash masquerading as BP solo, month after month for close to FOUR years straight.

At the end 9f the day, we remain our own worst enemies regardless of what "wypipo" choose to do and that my brother, is the actual crux of the matter for me.

My brother, I don't think that "we" are the folks who went out of our way to buy...as you aptly put it..."Coates trash masquerading as BP solo". I think that a combo of n00bs brought in by the MCU, Coates fans from his previous nonriction works kept his trash afloat. I think that he might have gotten some slight bumps from his marvelous reparations arguments, and his other appearances as a "progressive" genius and intellectual.

I also think that Coates' run was extended by at least a year...TWICE, for a total of a two year bump from outside sources because his dung filled "writing" couldn't survive on its own for two years...via the staggering runaway success of the MCU movies. The first huge push he got? CIVIL WAR; released the month after Coates debuted his BP.  The second? The record breaking, world shaking success of BLACK PANTHER AND WAKANDA in the BP MCU. He even received a less powerful but still significant third push from the MCU's INFINITY WAR. And even then? His trash kept hemorrhaging readers to the extent that major directional changes in "plots" and "renumbering" and all those other gimmicks had to be taken in order to save his fecal matter from early termination.

Had RH BP or CJP BP received THAT kind of TRIPLE push? They'd be outselling Batman at least several times per year over the last couple of years. And I'm not even engaging in hyperbole, my brother.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

BLACK PANTHER #25
40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

...thoughts, HEFfas?

That was all on him.

And yet, a lot of folks went out 9f their way to buy Coates trash masquerading as BP solo, month after month for close to FOUR years straight.

At the end 9f the day, we remain our own worst enemies regardless of what "wypipo" choose to do and that my brother, is the actual crux of the matter for me.

My brother, I don't think that "we" are the folks who went out of our way to buy...as you aptly put it..."Coates trash masquerading as BP solo". I think that a combo of n00bs brought in by the MCU, Coates fans from his previous nonriction works kept his trash afloat. I think that he might have gotten some slight bumps from his marvelous reparations arguments, and his other appearances as a "progressive" genius and intellectual.

I also think that Coates' run was extended by at least a year...TWICE, for a total of a two year bump from outside sources because his dung filled "writing" couldn't survive on its own for two years...via the staggering runaway success of the MCU movies. The first huge push he got? CIVIL WAR; released the month after Coates debuted his BP.  The second? The record breaking, world shaking success of BLACK PANTHER AND WAKANDA in the BP MCU. He even received a less powerful but still significant third push from the MCU's INFINITY WAR. And even then? His trash kept hemorrhaging readers to the extent that major directional changes in "plots" and "renumbering" and all those other gimmicks had to be taken in order to save his fecal matter from early termination.

Had RH BP or CJP BP received THAT kind of TRIPLE push? They'd be outselling Batman at least several times per year over the last couple of years. And I'm not even engaging in hyperbole, my brother.

It's a truly sad state of affairs to be honest.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

BLACK PANTHER #25
40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99

...thoughts, HEFfas?

That was all on him.

It's a truly sad state of affairs to be honest.

BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
From a different writer this would be cool, but I don't expect much except for Storm love. Had he shorted his arcs and established bonds with these characters in his run, this might make more sense. Most of these people are useless fighing an ivading space army unless it devolves to SWaD.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 02:29:20 pm by Ezyo »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I just noticed this, but. Why is there a statue of Nakia when she was essentially made to be useless and forgettable after issue 5?

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Depends on where they are. City seems to big to be on Earth. It probably is, but I've had issues with Acunas' backgrounds. The country only has 6 million. Why are the building so big.  And not any greenery in sight. lol
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
To me it looks like worm hole Wakanda

However if it's 616? Don't really think having some giant statue makes a whole lot of sense (it would make slightly more sense in alt Wakanda but still not really) considering No one, no BP or anyone has a giant statue so to have one of Nakia would be... Well actually something Coates would do

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
You think this is taking place in an alternate universe?
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Acuna didn't feel like being creative songs made Earth Wakanda look like Space Wakanda.

Reggie Hudlin-