Author Topic: Termination and Liberation for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther Finale  (Read 776199 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I dunno man, I feel like if I were drawing the art for Coates stories I would probably feel uninspired too..

Either that or I would create my own excitement in there somehow to get away from the wasted panels of talking about nothing of importance. This is supposed to be a superhero comic and we get droning on for the majority then a page and a half of action.. which may or may not feature the title character
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 10:55:25 pm by Ezyo »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Marvel is really dragging this on way beyond tolerance. Coates' Black Panther #25 and its preceding issues goes on sale when?!? Let's get this over so we can move on.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 09:24:37 pm by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
I dunno man, I feel like if I were drawing the art for Coates stories I would probably feel uninspired too..

Either that or I would create my own excitement in there somehow to get away from the wasted panels of talking about nothing of importance. This is supposed to be a superhero comic and we get droning on for the majority then a page and a half of action.. which may or may not feature the title character

I haven't read his book since Season 1, but it seems like ole dude is droning on and on like ole boi Don McGregor...
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

I haven't read his book since Season 1, but it seems like ole dude is droning on and on like ole boi Don McGregor...

Atleast McGregor had T'Challa doing stuff and being competent every so often. Dude had him killing dinosaurs band giant crocs with his bare hands and the resources around him. Coates has him struggling to beat goon slam Gary sporting the most advanced tech in the planet

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Don McGregor backed his wordy prose up with solid action depicted clearly, on the printed page.

I'm not sure why you're comparing McGregor's solidly grounded work to the nonsense Ta Nehisi Coates has been allowed to plow through the BP mythos with for close to four years now?

There really is no comparison.

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA

Don McGregor backed his wordy prose up with solid action depicted clearly, on the printed page.

I'm not sure why you're comparing McGregor's solidly grounded work to the nonsense Ta Nehisi Coates has been allowed to plow through the BP mythos with for close to four years now?

There really is no comparison.

The only comparison I'm makin, brother Salustrade, is the wordiness of each writer. Don is more committed to making BP actually matter...in a GOOD way...than TurnCoates is. However.  I can't see how Don's decisions to see BP constantly beaten up, bloody, running from place to place while yakkin, GETTING BEATEN UP BY A TEENAGE GANG COMPRISED OF REGULAR WHITE KIDS, and being the only character in the Marvel line who consistently...I'm talkin every 3 or 4 issues... needs to be saved by other people in his own book could put him on hallowed ground. I remember wanting to be impressed with BP doing sweet feats against actual villains, but he very rarely seemed to get a clean win on his own. Without help or some fortuitous unforeseen incident saving him at the last moment. One of his superpowers seemed to be the ability to take incredible beatings without dying, while simultaneously philosophizing everyone around him to death.

With Don and TurnCoates...feats-wise...there was far too much of this:

Not enough of this:

Far too much of this:

Not enough of this [ I mean the dynamic, dominating action by BP that this cover conveys, not any exceptional praise for this particular arc that TurnCoates wrote ]:

I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Yeah for all the good Don did, it was immediately followed by the most ridiculous beatings ever witnessed. It went from "Woah T'Challa just killed a dinosaur!" To "Wow did T'Challa seriously just get his ass kicked by some non-powered teenagers?"