Author Topic: Termination and Liberation for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther Finale  (Read 928064 times)

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
Re: Termination and Liberation for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther Finale
« Reply #4830 on: February 22, 2021, 12:25:46 pm »
This article, preview and all of Coates run just shows how divorced from reality this entire thing has been, and how Coates utterly failed to not only capture T'Challas voice and ideals, but ironically turned Wakanda prime into a perverted version of what it is. Just like in this long drawn out speech. This isn't something to celebrate, especially after what we saw in KiB and how T'Challa abd Wakanda really are, this is something to look at and use as an example of how NOT to write T'Challa or Wakanda because it completely goes against what it represents abd not at all in a good way

^^^said everything I was going to say; but did it more concisely! COSIGN!!
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 07:02:10 pm by Ezyo »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Ok Pantherphiles, here is a preview of Coatesverse Black Panther #24 courtesy of CBR's DigiCom. We're getting close to the end...

What can be said?

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Ok Pantherphiles, here is a preview of Coatesverse Black Panther #24 courtesy of CBR's DigiCom. We're getting close to the end...

What can be said?

Why did it take him to the very end of his run on BP for Coates to start to begin to think about actually writing the real T'Challa?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ezyo1000
So... Like, this doesn't even fit the ending of last issue... And cot damn Coates comes off so THIRSTY for mutants, like holy isht dude. Storm, manifold and prodigy?? So dumb, this can't end fast enough

That's my thought, this isn't even Coates writing T'Challa correctly, he is writing him the same way he has for the last 5 years. Delegating, giving feats to side/out of franchise/ x characters whole completely contradicting himself MoS said it best:

Quote from: MindofShadow;5438319
sigh... the threat hasn't even been established. This is comic book 101. You have to establish the threat.

symKillmonger threat seems to be... Wakanda. Ok... that is small time sh*t you don't need all black heroes for lol.

either the threat is "galactic Wakanda is taking over earth" which is an EVENT LEVEL THREAT aka ALL HEROES ON DECK aka TAKE 6 MONTHS TO TELL THE STORY WITH MULTIPLE TIE INs...

or it is a Wakandan threat and Black Panther should his Wakandan assets can take care of it.

Fundamental sh*t man. If you are calling Blue Marvel in, the threat should be Earth based. Not this... sh*t.

Quote from: MindofShadow;5438325
And Frankly....  this should have been an easy story to tell.

It is Wakanda vs Future Wakanda. Which on paper means that Future Wakanda is about to wreck sh*t.

But... you show that "our" Wakanda is different because it has a Black Panther to defend it. That is the trump card. The Black Panther aka T'challa is the trump card. That is what makes Wakanda Wakanda. The Black Panther is Wakanda.

After 5 years, this is when you establish Wakanda NEEDS King T'challa the Black Panther. Sure, future galactic Wakanda is Wakanda but without the black panther, it is just another space empire.

This should be the culmination showing that the MA, Chang, and everyone else was wrong. Wakanda needs its King. And his name is T'challa.

But, black superheroes with Acuna art and overly talked action is cool too i guess :/

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ezyo1000
So... Like, this doesn't even fit the ending of last issue... And cot damn Coates comes off so THIRSTY for mutants, like holy isht dude. Storm, manifold and prodigy?? So dumb, this can't end fast enough

That's my thought, this isn't even Coates writing T'Challa correctly, he is writing him the same way he has for the last 5 years. Delegating, giving feats to side/out of franchise/ x characters whole completely contradicting himself MoS said it best:

Quote from: MindofShadow;5438319
sigh... the threat hasn't even been established. This is comic book 101. You have to establish the threat.

symKillmonger threat seems to be... Wakanda. Ok... that is small time sh*t you don't need all black heroes for lol.

either the threat is "galactic Wakanda is taking over earth" which is an EVENT LEVEL THREAT aka ALL HEROES ON DECK aka TAKE 6 MONTHS TO TELL THE STORY WITH MULTIPLE TIE INs...

or it is a Wakandan threat and Black Panther should his Wakandan assets can take care of it.

Fundamental sh*t man. If you are calling Blue Marvel in, the threat should be Earth based. Not this... sh*t.

Quote from: MindofShadow;5438325
And Frankly....  this should have been an easy story to tell.

It is Wakanda vs Future Wakanda. Which on paper means that Future Wakanda is about to wreck sh*t.

But... you show that "our" Wakanda is different because it has a Black Panther to defend it. That is the trump card. The Black Panther aka T'challa is the trump card. That is what makes Wakanda Wakanda. The Black Panther is Wakanda.

After 5 years, this is when you establish Wakanda NEEDS King T'challa the Black Panther. Sure, future galactic Wakanda is Wakanda but without the black panther, it is just another space empire.

This should be the culmination showing that the MA, Chang, and everyone else was wrong. Wakanda needs its King. And his name is T'challa.

But, black superheroes with Acuna art and overly talked action is cool too i guess :/

All of that up there.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
If you're looking for an art book with most of the MU black heroes getting a half splash page, then this is the issue to get. But hes going to have to cramp a lot into the final issue as far as story. Lol
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
I was there... through it all.

I mean in the Marvel Universe I have seen gods fly. I have seen men build weapons that I couldn’t even imagine. I have seen aliens drop from the sky. But I have never seen anything like this... this Coatesverse.

Black Panther #24 had some nice variant covers.

I can almost appreciate how Coates helped motivate various so called Black writers to contribute to the Black Panther mythos but some of the contributions left a lot to be desired. Hudlin also was a motivating factor in that regard but with significantly superior results.

For the woke crowd seeing all the so called Black superheroes together fighting for an Afrakan country works. I get that.

The fault lies in how repetitiously Coates has demonstrated both T'Challa and Wakanda's impotency and dependence on others to save the day. Coates could have given that moment to all the Afrakan (aka Black) heroes and heroines (super or otherwise) of Wakanda and had much the same effect but with the added appeal of Wakandan people being responsible for saving themselves and the galaxy.

Coates removed T'Challa from being king and renders him with a more an insular assertion of victimization than that of regal hero. Coates created Wakandan rape camps; vilified Wakandans as colonists and enslavers; had Wakandan gods turn their back on their worshipers. I can just imagine the series concluding with the so called Originators (retconned as the Wakanda's old gods) being given the Galactic Empire of Wakanda. Reparations paid in full.

So I conclude that for seasoned comic book readers and veteran Black Panther fans and enthusiasts this is arguably the most disruptive era of Black Panther in comics to date.

One more final note, the Bobby Sessions story entitled Affirmations read well and hints at a writer who has some understanding and appreciation for T'Challa the Black Panther.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 10:26:25 pm by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I was there... through it all.

I mean in the Marvel Universe I have seen gods fly. I have seen men build weapons that I couldn’t even imagine. I have seen aliens drop from the sky. But I have never seen anything like this... this Coatesverse.

Black Panther #24 had some nice variant covers.

I can almost appreciate how Coates helped motivate various so called Black writers to contribute to the Black Panther mythos but some of the contributions left a lot to be desired. Hudlin also was a motivating factor in that regard but with significantly superior results.

For the woke crowd seeing all the so called Black superheroes together fighting for an Afrakan country works. I get that.

The fault lies in how repetitiously Coates has demonstrated both T'Challa and Wakanda's impotency and dependence on others to save the day. Coates could have given that moment to all the Afrakan (aka Black) heroes and heroines (super or otherwise) of Wakanda and had much the same effect but with the added appeal of Wakandan people being responsible for saving themselves and the galaxy.

Coates removed T'Challa from being king and renders him with a more an insular assertion of victimization than that of regal hero. Coates created Wakandan rape camps; vilified Wakandans as colonists and enslavers; had Wakandan gods turn their back on their worshipers. I can just imagine the series concluding with the so called Originators (retconned as the Wakanda's old gods) being given the Galactic Empire of Wakanda. Reparations paid in full.

So I conclude that for seasoned comic book readers and veteran Black Panther fans and enthusiasts this is arguably the most disruptive era of Black Panther in comics to date.

One more final note, the Bobby Sessions story entitled Affirmations read well and hints at a writer who has some understanding and appreciation for T'Challa the Black Panther.

*Arrives on thread. Reads and agrees with Brother Ture's masterful post. Casts curses upon T'Chumpa The Wakk Panther aka TurnCoates BP. Exits thread.*
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
We are almost out, April is approaching. Coates is almost gone.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
We are almost out, April is approaching. Coates is almost gone.

That's one of the things that keeps me looking forward to April...
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
I thought in 2021, black people wouldn't be impressed by scraps and tokens anymore.

I was wrong.

To see people praise these last couple issues of Coates just because a bunch of black heroes showed up in the background is just...

I'm disappointed. This is no different than being sidekicks and tokens for white characters. No different at all.

What a shame.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I thought in 2021, black people wouldn't be impressed by scraps and tokens anymore.

I was wrong.

To see people praise these last couple issues of Coates just because a bunch of black heroes showed up in the background is just...

I'm disappointed. This is no different than being sidekicks and tokens for white characters. No different at all.

What a shame.

Agreed. For the life of me, I cannot fathom how some Woke, intelligent Afrikans actually support TurnCoates' run. It's...stupefying to me.

However. It's good to see that the majority of us do NOT support such vomit. It's very heartening. We'll never have a homogenous opinion on most things, and that's fine. As long as the overwhelming majority opinion comes down on the side of the sensible, honorable, spiritual, philosophical, pragmatic, efficient, effective, honest, just and RIGHT side? I'm good with that.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
What this needed was an anime style story where Tchalla recruited the powered individuals because the Empire had a version of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard. That way the conventional armies of both sides would fight in the background, and the powered individuals square off in a One Piece final battle situation.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
What this needed was an anime style story where Tchalla recruited the powered individuals because the Empire had a version of the Shi'ar Imperial Guard. That way the conventional armies of both sides would fight in the background, and the powered individuals square off in a One Piece final battle situation.

See, now this is good comic book sh*t right here

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

What this entire series needed was Redjack. We can go round and round about how this could of went better and improved the story. Over the past 5 years we have all contributed countlessly ideas to turn this into something salvageable. But it's done, it is disappointing how many people cling to crumbs and moldy scraps and praise it like a gourmet meal. But soon (hopefully) we will have a better creative team and the real T'Challa as displayed by JA currently and RJ last month, will make an appearance in the solo again