Author Topic: NEW BLACK PANTHER COMIC BOOK #1 Finally, it's here!!!  (Read 1106333 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: NEW BLACK PANTHER COMIC BOOK by John Ridley - The Promos Begin!
« Reply #4890 on: July 08, 2021, 07:34:47 pm »

NUFF SAID!
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Gessela

• View Profile
    • Gessela Studios
Re: NEW BLACK PANTHER COMIC BOOK by John Ridley - New #1 Cover, Its HOT!
« Reply #4891 on: July 09, 2021, 07:26:16 am »
I know some of you guys are inspiring artists, so here’s a simple tip that will improve your piece when drawing leopards/panthers.

Do not use dogs as references ever. If you use lions as references, know that you’ll have to alter the muzzle to match that of a leopard’s.

This is not a slight on the above cover, but I see this a lot in Black Panther art and I know that it is easy to pick up bad habits.
 ;)
ግሥላ = Panther

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: NEW BLACK PANTHER COMIC BOOK by John Ridley - Delayed til November
« Reply #4892 on: July 09, 2021, 08:16:25 am »
John Ridley/Juann Cabal Black Panther Delayed 3 Months Until November
by Rich Johnston

The new Black Panther series by John Ridley and Juann Cabal with covers from Alex Ross and scooped by Bleeding Cool a month before the official announcement was meant to launch in August. Instead, it is launching on the 3rd of November, three months later. Its second issue, solicited for September is being similarly delayed until the 1st of December. As a result, expect the series to be missing from new solicitation listings for a couple of months as the schedule for this series gets rearranged.

BLACK PANTHER #1
MARVEL COMICS
JUN210517
(W) John Ridley (A) Juann Cabal (CA) Alex Ross
NEW CREATIVE TEAM, NEW DIRECTION – "THE LONG SHADOW" STARTS HERE! Academy Award-winning writer John Ridley and Stormbreaker artist Juann Cabal launch an all-new BLACK PANTHER series with an action-packed espionage story that will upend everything in T'Challa's life and have ramifications for the entire Marvel Universe! Secrets from T'Challa's past have come back to haunt him! Fresh from returning from his travels in space, Black Panther receives an unexpected and urgent message from a Wakandan secret agent! Now T'Challa must race the clock not only to save his agent, but also to keep his true agenda under wraps. Because if the truth comes out, it could cost T'Challa everything… Rated T In Shops: Nov 03, 2021 SRP: $4.99

BLACK PANTHER #2
MARVEL COMICS
JUL210611
(W) John Ridley (A) Juann Cabal (CA) Alex Ross
"THE LONG SHADOW" PART 2-T'Challa must act quickly to save his sleeper agents before they are assassinated! With the help of his sister, Shuri, he might be one step closer to the culprits…but is it too late? The assassins seem to always be one step ahead. And T'Challa better watch his back, for secrets lie everywhere… Rated T In Shops: Dec 01, 2021 SRP: $3.99

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/john-ridley-juann-cabal-black-panther-delayed-3-months-until-november-news/

Courtesy of CBR's Trooper Cameron

I got to admit, I was looking forward too reading T'Challa's new adventures next month. I've always enjoyed reading comics outdoors in the summer months. Since the days of McGregor Black Panther often gave me a spring/summer kind of vibe. I wonder what caused the delay.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 11:13:19 am by Ture »

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: NEW BLACK PANTHER COMIC BOOK by John Ridley - New #1 Cover, Its HOT!
« Reply #4893 on: July 09, 2021, 11:23:00 am »
I know some of you guys are inspiring artists, so here’s a simple tip that will improve your piece when drawing leopards/panthers.

Do not use dogs as references ever. If you use lions as references, know that you’ll have to alter the muzzle to match that of a leopard’s.

This is not a slight on the above cover, but I see this a lot in Black Panther art and I know that it is easy to pick up bad habits.
 ;)

I see exactly what you mean Gessela. Statues look more Great Dane than panther and I concur, no slight, still a great cover. Just got to wait 'til freakin' November to get it.

Offline Gessela

• View Profile
    • Gessela Studios
« Reply #4894 on: July 09, 2021, 11:43:29 am »
Yep, it's still a dope piece, the overall composition and framing of T'Challa pulls it together nicely.
ግሥላ = Panther

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4895 on: July 20, 2021, 01:17:43 pm »
Found this over on CBR...

Y'all, I finished Priest's collection vol 1 and I'm currently finishing up vol 2 and boy is this run good! It was hard to follow at first but definitely became easier. There are a lot of recaps but I find them very helpful. The art changes a lot but I love that it becomes consistent after a while especially with Velluto. The editors are also good at informing past events to newer readers. The arcs are very good and flow into the next one perfectly.

I LOVE T'challa more than I ever had before. I didn't know he was this cool. I always got cocky know it all vibes from him but he's honestly very nice and honorable. A very complex character as well.

The supporting characters are also great. I don't like Achebe though. He's way too cartoonish for me. Idk, I'm ready for T'challa to off this dude

Queen Divine Justice is also perfect. Where is she? I look her up and she seems to exist only in Priest run. Not even other media use her.

Killmonger was great but his death was very...eh? Did it seem so anti-climactic? I guess I was expecting a second round between him and T'challa but nope.

I didn't think I would like Ross but he's funny and grew on quick so did Niki and Zuri.

Nakia is unhinged and Okoye is kinda a nonfactor which is vastly different than today's depiction. This threw me off the most I will admit.

Storm's appearance was perfect! I had no idea she and T'challa had history this far back and even further back all the way to Marvel Team-up #100. I always thought it was more modern as people exaggerated their love coming from nowhere.

But yeah loving this experience right now. I pray it maintains this till the end!

courtesy of HandofPrometheus

Kind of says it all. I was looking forward to the late summer release of John Ridley's new Black Panther series. I remember reading some of Priest's BP issues during the summer near a canal. In particular this issue.

The last page of this comic book was the start for me, this page demonstrated that Priest had a vision for the Black Panther and wasn't going to be afraid to show it.

Observe how Cap is watching the Black Panther in the fourth panel. Looks like hes ready to yell "Avengers Assemble!" Or something worst.

It was satisfying to read the post above and feel the enthusiasm and excitement of someone reading a really well written Black Panther. I hope John Ridley can deliver moments like these on the regular.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 01:20:12 pm by Ture »

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4896 on: July 20, 2021, 06:37:17 pm »
I just re-read ”See Wakanda and Die!” and loved it even more after suffering through Coates’ rendition of BP. Amazing how that works, so glad to have CJP, Reg and a few other runs to revisit! I posted in the Hudtlin TV section how dope it would be to see Wakanda schooling the Skrulls in Reg’s animated format which I just started re-watching again.

Peace,

Mont

Offline Mad Coco G

• I'm a villain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4897 on: July 21, 2021, 11:00:09 am »
It’s a stark contrast when the best thing you can say about Coates run is that it had great art, that’s really the only good thing I see associated with it

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4898 on: July 21, 2021, 03:32:42 pm »
I just re-read ”See Wakanda and Die!” and loved it even more after suffering through Coates’ rendition of BP. Amazing how that works, so glad to have CJP, Reg and a few other runs to revisit! I posted in the Hudtlin TV section how dope it would be to see Wakanda schooling the Skrulls in Reg’s animated format which I just started re-watching again.

Peace,

Mont

I got mine signed and sealed a few years back.

Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4899 on: July 21, 2021, 10:50:25 pm »

Peace,

Mont

That was another classic I read by a stream and was just overjoyed and couldn't wait for the final issue. "So glad to have CJP, Reg and a few other runs to revisit!" simply quoted for truth Brother Kimoyo.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4900 on: July 21, 2021, 11:09:18 pm »
It’s a stark contrast when the best thing you can say about Coates run is that it had great art, that’s really the only good thing I see associated with it

So true, Mad Coco G, about the art. When it first dropped, Brian Stelfreeze's art and styling coupled with Laura Martin's colors was simply brilliant. The tragedy was, I felt Coates could write a comic book but his commitment to the A.G.E.N.D.A. completely sidelined any potential authorship with regards to world building and advancing T'Challa the Black Panther.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4901 on: July 21, 2021, 11:11:26 pm »

Peace,

Mont

Nice CvilleWakandan. Who autographed them?

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4902 on: July 22, 2021, 12:51:53 am »

Peace,

Mont

Jason Aaron
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4903 on: July 22, 2021, 02:11:54 pm »
Wow, nice indeed! And a Skrull conflict looming for the MCU, great catch by you CW!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4904 on: July 22, 2021, 10:00:39 pm »

Peace,

Mont

Jason Aaron

I was thinking that was Aaron. Great addition to your collection.