Author Topic: NEW BLACK PANTHER COMIC BOOK - BP Celebrates his 200th Issue with the X-Men  (Read 1078581 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: NEW BLACK PANTHER COMIC BOOK - New Trailer Drops
« Reply #4935 on: September 23, 2021, 09:38:26 pm »
What is the devaluation? Tchalla shouldn't be able to negotiate strife between species he barely knows. Maybe eight years of exposure to them while at the same time be unaware that slavery was happening under his nose. Set up like that, anyone from Wakanda prime shouldn't be leading the Empire. Its grown beyond their capabilities and experience.

The devaluation is not having T'Challa the Black Panther firing on all cylinders just to tell a tale about a supporting character. You see, the trick is T'Challa is a polymath and a master of strategy and tactics and as such is a quick study. He should be seen successfully negotiating the strife between species he barely knows. Why because that is what makes him more the hero, the super hero we want to read about. Priest often demonstrated T'Challa's political savvy. Remember this.

I agree that the set up is important and it requires a writer studied in geopolitics (on a cursory level), full of enthusiasm and imagination with a creative flare to tell the story in a unique way tailored to the Black Panther. Wakanda Prime should most certainly be leading the Intergalactic Empire of Wakanda with T'Challa as emperor. Telling the story of how T'Challa deals with and learns to govern an empire spanning five galaxies offers a plethora of original story potential. T'Challa is and has always been, back to his inception, a leader and a king.

Even the mutant known as Angel understood this back in the eighties.

Dare I say he was cloaking back then.

Wakanda is supposed to be the most advanced nation on earth and it is past time to show it. No more stories, especially in his own comic, of faux revolutions and T'Challa naval gazing while dreaming of being an Avenger.

For years it was argued that T'Challa is Marvels Batman, no he is not and never was; the Black Panther is equal to Captain America as if that was some kind of accomplishment; put him on the Avengers, let him work his way up the ranks til one day we can see him as a leader. The Black Panther is bristling with original story potential.

The bolded is how we end up with unfans who say we only want Tchalla seen as 'great, great, great' and then we have to correct them showing them examples of him going though hardships. This empire thing is one of those examples. The Isekai anime trope of the human being dropped into a new world and immediately taking control is fun, but that usually happens because of how weak the world he gets dropped into is. I don't like the concept of the empire, but I don't want it to be some weak toy that Tchalla can just easily fix because he is so great.

T'Challa is great, that's why he is a successful superhero franchise. Those unfans you speak don't even read the BP comics so why should fans and enthusiasts have to show and prove anything to them? Let's not focus on unfans and point our attention to T'Challa the Black Panther reaching his potential.

Coates littered the Black Panther with tropes... cosmic slavery, rape camps in trees and a milquetoast "black" male lead. At least with the empire we get to go big and tell stories that span the cosmos or is it we have to keep vacillating between street level activities and romping with the Avengers? 

The reason Coates story sucked was because he was putting Tchalla into situations that were well below his abilities. The empire storyline should take at least five years of storytelling of victories and losses before it comes easy to him.

Not necessarily easy as much as worthy of his mantle.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 11:32:40 am by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: NEW BLACK PANTHER COMIC BOOK - Wakanda: The Last Annihilation
« Reply #4936 on: September 24, 2021, 06:47:59 pm »
[Slow clapping] You had me at Sturm und Drang my good brother Ture! My absolute favorite TíChalla BP story and one of the biggest reasons I vehemently oppose killing of TíChalla in the MCU!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #4937 on: September 28, 2021, 11:15:01 am »
[Slow clapping] You had me at Sturm und Drang my good brother Ture! My absolute favorite TíChalla BP story and one of the biggest reasons I vehemently oppose killing of TíChalla in the MCU!

Peace,

Mont

Thank Brother Kimoyo. Sturm und Drang remains one of my all time favorites. This was storytelling not the insulting dribble of the past 5 years. To me Sturm und Drang  took both T'Challa and Wakanda to another level. Seduction of the Innocent was an excellent "epilogue" by the way. It was this kind of vision that took the Black Panther to the precipice of greatness and beyond. It saddens me that some don't see Priest's work as vastly superior to Coates and many other BP writers. Priest reluctantly or not got the Black Panther.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2021, 11:34:53 pm by Ture »

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: September 29, 2021, 08:01:42 pm »
Same page, agree 100%!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: NEW BLACK PANTHER COMIC BOOK - New Trailer for Black Panther #1
« Reply #4939 on: September 30, 2021, 11:41:46 am »
BLACK PANTHER #1 Trailer

CLICK HERE!
https://youtu.be/niVwFfrLazY

courtesy of CBR's Mindofshadow

I glad we're finally getting some promos for the new Black Panther title. The trailer looks goods and seems like John Ridley has a story to tell. I know for the whole deception thing to have some impact it has to involve the MU but I'm fatiguing of T'Challa and Wakanda having to share their spotlight with the Avengers. I hope when they say the nation will be devastated they don't mean physically.

The first still following the the vid looks as if she could be a possible love interest for T'Challa. The second picture has me guessing either T'Challa and Shuri in modified habits or the villains have developed their own version of a BP costume. The trailer leads me to think the latter. That also may mean that my first guess for a love interest may in fact be the female villain.

I'm excited to see what happens and pray we get a T'Challa that is close to Priest's version as well as a tale that has the complexity and empowerment that the Black Panther so deeply deserves. Looking to the previews and for the book to drop.

ĎBlack Pantherí #1 Press release
https://aiptcomics.com/2021/09/30/marvel-comics-black-panther-1-trailer/

« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 12:18:34 pm by Ture »

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: September 30, 2021, 12:59:48 pm »
The video gives me the same vibe from the first BatWing arc. That might be due to the outfit of the new enemies. I'm guessing they use to be Dogs of War.
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Gessela

• View Profile
    • Gessela Studios
« Reply #4941 on: October 01, 2021, 01:11:14 pm »
The comic promo failed to inspire the confidence that I hoped it would.
ግሥላ = Panther

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #4942 on: October 01, 2021, 03:23:24 pm »
I agree with the props concerns wishes and criticisms of my HEF brethren thus far.

Who else has noticed that the shape of T'Challa's head in the new art...and his eye slits colors...are unusual when compared to previous renditions? I actually don't mind the green color that his eye slits sometimes have, because that's actually a throwback to the Old Skool Marvel Knights T'Challa. I mentioned his emerald orbs before...

...I like the cover art renditions, but not so much the in page renditions.

Regarding Wakanda The Intergalactic Empire? I think that Wakanda has been exploring colonizing and seeding the stars ever since the Vibranium meteor landed in Wakanda. There's no way. No. Way. That Wakanda would let the source of Vibranium be undiscovered and unprotected by them. Zero possibility. Furthermore, Wakanda would be the defender of Earth from conquest by homegrown races and gods as well as extraterrestrial and extradimensional menaces of all kinds. This position of mandatory defender would compel Wakanda...isolationist policy or no...into being Earth's primary defender vs all comers. In fact, this role of primary defender would go a long way towards explaining the otherwise very difficult to reconcile adoption of the Wakandan Isolationist Policy. Because the extraterrestrial threats could be inveighed to fall upon each other if they were both signally trounced by a hyperpotent menace which they believed Earth lacked but which the allies or enemies of these extraterrestrial and/or extradimensional would be conquerors already knew that their current enemies posed.

I specifically mentioned this in the same fanfic that inspired Coates to snag my idea of Wakanda Mfalme Ya Nyota...Kingdom of The Stars. Which became Himaya Ya Nyota...EMPIRE of The Stars...in that same fanfic.

Anybody agree with the above?
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: October 04, 2021, 06:54:01 am »
The trailer inspired some interest but the nation devastated made me side eye a little. But still I will try it out. On his one interview so far Ridley has expressed he likes T'Challa so that already outs him above Coates in the bare minimum. Really issue 3 with Storm is going to be the big test and probably the make it or break it part for most fans I bet

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #4944 on: October 04, 2021, 09:51:51 am »
The trailer inspired some interest but the nation devastated made me side eye a little. But still I will try it out. On his one interview so far Ridley has expressed he likes T'Challa so that already outs him above Coates in the bare minimum. Really issue 3 with Storm is going to be the big test and probably the make it or break it part for most fans I bet

I am. Sick. To. Death. Of Wakanda being threatened with being destroyed.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: October 04, 2021, 05:25:46 pm »
I feel you brother S.I.!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Re: NEW BLACK PANTHER COMIC BOOK - New Sneak Peek for Black Panther #1
« Reply #4946 on: October 05, 2021, 08:54:05 am »
From...

The Comic Book Dispatch

Black Panther #1 Synopsis: NEW CREATIVE TEAM, NEW DIRECTION Ė THE LONG SHADOW STARTS HERE! Academy Award-winning writer John Ridley and Stormbreaker artist Juann Cabal launch an all-new BLACK PANTHER series with an action-packed espionage story that will upend everything in TíChallaís life and have ramifications for the entire Marvel Universe! Secrets from TíChallaís past have come back to haunt him! Fresh from returning from his travels in space, Black Panther receives an unexpected and urgent message from a Wakandan secret agent! Now TíChalla must race the clock not only to save his agent, but also to keep his true agenda under wraps. Because if the truth comes out, it could cost TíChalla everythingÖ

Rated T

Writer: John Ridley
Art: Juann Cabal
Publisher: Marvel Comics
Price:$4.99
Release Date: November 3rd, 2021

If youíre interested in BLACK PANTHER #1, click HERE to get a copy! If youíve interest in past BLACK PANTHER by Coates, click HERE to get your hands on related trades, volumes, and issues. Maybe youíd like to catch up on old BLACK PANTHER series? Click HERE to snag some amazing trades and dive right in! And finally, if youíre looking for something else to read, check out my Amazon Online Comic Shop by clicking HERE. Thank you all for checking out the Black Panther #1 Preview as well as your continued support. Stay safe and stay healthy.

Click the link.
https://comicbookdispatch.com/black-panther-1-preview-sneak-peek/

I hope this creature attack is occurring someplace other than Wakanda or it's boarders. For if it is, points are deducted due to the most technologically advanced nation needing the Avengers to fend off such a simple assault. 

We need to see T'Challa the Black Panther as more than a slash and stab superhero. That is Wolverine's forte. I would have preferred the Black Panther handling that army by himself using his physical and tactical skills with a few new personal weapons of his design. The Avengers are not needed.

I would prefer the villains not be Wakandan and have their own tech. Also some original costumes would have been cool. If these two are T'Challa's agents then it is all good seeing them have a variant of the Panther habit.

Let us hope Shuri and T'Challa are having a mature conversation and not one in which she is schooling her brother.

Artwork is good (though detailing T'Challa's costume is a must at this stage) and some of those variant covers are definite purchases. Lets see how it reads. Less than  month away.

Thanks to CBR'S MindofShadow for the link.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 08:59:06 am by Ture »

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: October 05, 2021, 10:13:54 am »
Now I'm thinking the two are the agents who Tchalla has to save and the guy in the hood is the villain who must know what their purpose is. I think the sign on his mask is in a frame of Wakanda Annihilation. They get captured or killed by him. Political assassins/saboteurs maybe?

The scene with the monsters seems like a way of getting non BP readers to check out the book especially if they are the preview pages. Then it turns into a BP only story. They're are fighting in a open region with no city in the background so using the Avengers instead of risking Wakandan lives is the smart way to go. Just like Agents of Wakanda. And the time frame is off. Doctor Strange is off the team and I think he has a funeral coming up in a couple of months. Maybe this fight was in the early part of the new group coming together.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2021, 10:17:23 am by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline BlackClaw

• Yes my teeth and ambitions are bared! Be prepared!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: October 05, 2021, 11:15:10 am »
Praying that Ridley brings the heat with this run. TíChalla really needs a win.

Online CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: October 05, 2021, 04:00:37 pm »
Praying that Ridley brings the heat with this run. TíChalla really needs a win.

He's been getting wins all over the place. Avengers. Avengers Mecha Strike. Empire final fight.....
Reggie Hudlin-