Author Topic: NEW BLACK PANTHER COMIC BOOK - Ridley's Believe it or Not! NEW BP #5  (Read 1247877 times)

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: NEW BLACK PANTHER COMIC BOOK #1 Goes to Second Printing!
« Reply #5010 on: December 04, 2021, 04:47:41 pm »
The MCU already established they have sleeper agents. For many decades at least. Lol
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: December 05, 2021, 08:31:14 am »
Not only that, the COMICS have established that Wakanda had agent's all throughout the World in different nations. Priest and Hudlin established that. Hell Hudlin established that they have had agent's stationed that way for centuries. The difference between those and Ridleys is that he said they can activate at a moments notice and engage in warfare, similar to the HZ of T'Chakas time with Hunter on charge. This still isn't that much different other than the HZ under T'Chaka targeted ANYONE Wakandan or not who would threaten T'Chakas rule, and T'Challas agency are specifically targeted to other nations.

They are blowing this out of proportion

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: December 05, 2021, 09:22:14 am »
Not only that, the COMICS have established that Wakanda had agent's all throughout the World in different nations. Priest and Hudlin established that. Hell Hudlin established that they have had agent's stationed that way for centuries. The difference between those and Ridleys is that he said they can activate at a moments notice and engage in warfare, similar to the HZ of T'Chakas time with Hunter on charge. This still isn't that much different other than the HZ under T'Chaka targeted ANYONE Wakandan or not who would threaten T'Chakas rule, and T'Challas agency are specifically targeted to other nations.

Way out a proportion. Like countries don't have spies in real life. And they're reactionary. It'd be different it Tchalla was actively telling them to destabilize countries. And cover stories are a part of it too. So far it sounds like they volunteered for the job.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 03:44:15 pm by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #5013 on: December 05, 2021, 03:20:45 pm »

Way out a proportion. Like countries don't have spies in real life. And their reactionary. It'd be different it Txhalla was actively telling them to destabilize countries. And cover stories are a part of it too. So far it sounds like the volunteered for the job.

^^^MY EXACT REACTION. This should have drawn zero substantive response. Practically everyone in The Avengers, and every big brain on Earth, knows that T'Challa is doing this to friend, foe, and indifferent group alike. Especially all spy and ninja types know this. This plot point and primary cause for this story is extra extra extra thin and pretty insulting to our intelligence, imo.

You know what would have been problematic? Well. Remember Priest's SOLOMON'S FROG arc? Imagine that BP...master of uberprep and Man With The Plan that he is...snagged Solomon's Frogs, learned how to harness some of The Reality Gem's energy [ The Infinity Stone that T'Challa wielded at the end of Hickman's epic ], and used it to amplify the powers of and completely control the Solomon's Frogs artifacts that The Reality Gem allowed him to reintroduce into the 8th Reality? Now they're Cosmic Powered weapons.

This action would be the final action drawing Eternity's attention to him and making T'Challa worthy to be The Herald of Eternity. And T'Challa...being T'Challa...would take that Herald knowledge and position to use it all the more to make all the more secure both Intergalactic and 616 Wakanda.

Foes unending from across the Multiverse would come after The Intergalactic Empire and Wakanda Prime...thus endangering 616 Earth...as a result. T'Challa would ruthlessly annihilate them. Terrifying both supervillain foe and superhero ally alike in the process. The result of this? Would be a unholy alliance between the more and more Dark Beast-like Hank McCoy, Doctor Doom, Chthon, and the returned and ever more lethal Dire Wraiths. T'Challa would overwhelm them all, engaging and utterly overwhelming Doom's newly retaken Latveria, the magic dimension and 616 points of entry for Chthon in this and each of the nearest solar systems, finally engaging and halting Krakoa [ which was spared because of the intervention of Ororo on Krakoa's behalf; Ororo would be greatly displeased with both T'Challa...whom she would rightly expect to know that Krakoa would get sparky and Ororo would rightly expect both the appropriate Krakoan countermeasures from T'Challa and the ability to outmaneuver Krakoa to such an extent that Krakoa COULDN'T have the opportunity to initiate warlike hostilities vs Wakanda thus sparing lives on both sides...and Krakoa, whose aggression vs Wakanda would be deliberately taken both against Ororo's repeated expressed adamant opposition to and with the deliberate deception of not informing her that such would be done ], and positioning 616 Wakanda in a more walike and proactive manner than ever before.

Not content that the leson was well and truly taught, T'Challa...over the concerns of the ramifications of such actions as voiced by Dr. Strange...would commence ruthlessly slaughtering all Dire Wraiths threatening Prime and Intergalactic Wakanda, murdering with great horrificness the physical prime material form of Chthon and finally publicly dragging and mud stomping Doom once and for all. In so doing? T'Challa and Shuri are showing once and for all that anyone who runs up? Must SEE WAKANDA AND DIE.

The cavalier handling and dismissive dismantling of the Dire Wraiths catches the attention of Rom, the returned Space Knights [ returned by T'Challa's hand via Reality Gem ] the Kree Intelligence, and more. Rom is all for the destruction of the ability to make war by the Dire Wraiths, but T'Challa nearly erased the entire race of Dire Wraiths; and such is too much even for Rom the Space Knight, staunch friend of his much loved ally T'Challa. Rom would visit The Guardians of the Galaxy and Adam Warlock, and they'd prepare to start reigning in the power of Intergalactic Wakanda. A bad idea that Rocket Raccoon warns against.

The Kree Intelligence and Shi'Ar Empire...the latter of which is a strong ally of Intergalactic Wakanda...would send stern warning to T'Challa via Ronan The Accuser and Gladiator to reign in T'Challa's destructive actions. T'Challa doesn't even grant them an audience. Neither does Ramonda, who...if anything...is even more ruthless than T'Challa is. Shuri listens to Ronan and Gladiator, and remains unimpressed. Shoos them away.

Master Order, Lord Chaos...not loving T'Challa... would send their agent The In-Betweener to see whassup on T'Challa. Nothin doin. Adam Brashear leading what is essentially the rebirthed Illuminati tries to "reason" with T'Challa. Fool? Please.

In retaliation the Badoon Wraiths...a fell blend of the Badoon and many Dire Wraiths who possessed them...move toward 616 Earth, drawing The Guardians [ premier enemies of The Badoon, who are the threat who caused the formation of the very first Guardians ] into the mix. Battle Mistress Aneka The Elder...the first Aneka introduced by Maberry...now stationed as Security Mkuu of key sectors of Intergalactic Wakanda...leads interstellar Wakandan warriors and The Guardians against The Badoon Wraiths, eradicating them all. Dismissively. At the end of which, Star Lord learns that Aneka was merely carrying out to the letter the orders vs The Badoon Wraiths that T'Challa had crafted 5 years before. This knowledge sends Star Lord worriedly to try and fail to rally 616 heroes to watch and curtail the actions of T'Challa. Rocket Racoon again points out how bad of an idea this is. Nobody heeds him, again.

Star Lord and The Guardians fail to reach Earth. Intergalactic Wakanda propels them free of the Intergalactic Empire but monitors them to ensure they don't succeed in reaching Earth. They contact Star Fox, who is personally defeated by Uncle S'yan who not only is alive but is the Second In Command of Intergalactic Wakanda. They contact Silver Surfer and Surfer fails. Now they contact Adam Warlock...

...who succeeds in reaching and warning the assembled Avengers.

For which he is summarily expelled by T'Challa not only from Earth but from Intergalactic Wakandan controlled space. Yes. T'Challa expelled Adam Warlock 6 ENTIRE GALAXIES AWAY, via translocation [ introduced back in The Ultimates ]. This offhanded dismissal of Adam draws the attention and admiration of The Stranger, who has observed T'Challa dismissing Adam and compliments T'Challa for doing so. T'Challa warns The Stranger never to visit this part of the universe or T'Challa shall personally wage war upon him. The Stranger says they will encounter each other again, to which T'Challa replies that for The Stranger's sake he should hope not.

The Stranger informs T'Challa that The Stranger has brought a companion with him to introduce to T'Challa. This companion has heard of T'Challa's doughty reputation even more than a dozen galaxies away and has traveled such mind warping distances for the honor of expressing his admiration to T'Challa personally.

T'Challa is uninterested. But The Stranger's companion steps to him anyway. The companion is..? THE CHAMPION OF THE UNIVERSE. T'Challa and THE CHAMPION engage in h2h, with neither gaining the upper hand. THE CHAMPION states that his inability to defeat T'Challa is in fact a loss, for the string of victories of THE CHAMPION has only been legit broken twice: once by She-Hulk, the other by T'Challa. And between the two? T'Challa's victory is far far faaarrr more impressive, because T'Challa lacks the superhuman physical gifts of She-Hulk, and unlike She-Hulk...T'Challa battles THE CHAMPION when he is still empowered with remnants of THE POWER GEM of THE INFINITY GEMS.

Seeing the power T'Challa has, deeply respecting and worrying about his humongous ultragenius, and worrying about his aims, The Avengers, The Squardron Supreme and The Fantastic Four seek T'Challa out. T'Challa immediately warns them against such an idea, and utterly refuses to explain his actions.

Led by Brashear, The Sentry, The High Evolutionary, The In-Betweener, all converge on what they believe to be Wakanda, only to find that they've been lured into a trap. Breaking free of the fracas, The Void...pretending to be Hyperion all this time...seeks to activate a multiversal portal in the only place in this sector of inter, intra, and arcane dimensional space time in this reality of the galaxy that the portal could work: Resurrection Altar. T'Challa stops The Void, neutralizes the multiversal portal but not all of the multiversal portals The Void posesses before he escapes.

T'Challa now reveals his plan to the assembled capes, and enlists their help.

He knew that a malevolent entity was amongst the many who reside in the various galaxies and spaces he controls and/or abuts, but he hadn't rooted them all out. He learned that this malevolent agent was helping a far far far more malevolent set of entities to eecute its plans, using a multiversal megatech version of Pym Particles to traverse all dimensions and even quasi and magic realms. He knew that this agent was likely an ally. But he didn't know which one.

Now he knows that this new Multiversal threat not only had bonded with Knull God of Symbiotes...whom the capes falsely thought destroyed or neutralized...but this Multiversal Threat was using its power blended with Hyperion's power and the multiversal megatech version of Pym Particles to come to 616 Wakanda specifically. For all in this reality knew this foe, and T'Challa had the most personal beef with this foe. Surpassing any antipathy for this foe that any other being in this reality had.

For this foe was The Multiversal Zombie King. The creature whom T'Chaka sacrificed his life to kill. And now this foe...made even more powerful as The Multiversal Symbiote Zombie God, commanding the Multiversal Pym Particles and Symbiote Zombie Hyperion leading many of his multiple dimensions filling Zombie Hordes...was coming for them all, using the Multiversal Pym Particle Portal Generator as the entry point for his hordes into our reality. This is why he warned Ronan, Gladiator, The Stranger etc not to enter this part of the galaxy again, as alone each would likely fall to The Multiversal Zombie Symbiote God King, making the heroes' path to victory all the more difficult. However if they heeded T'Challa's command to remain free of this region, they would perforce band together to fight their mutual foe, and thus be helping the 616 heroes.

T'Challa orchestrated the battle with THE CHAMPION in order to test the latter's ability and worthiness to be an ally in this war T'Challa foresaw. THE CHAMPION passed T'Challa's test.

And now, the real adventure begins. THE MULTIVERSAL ZOMBIE SYMBIOTE GOD KING VS INTERSTELLAR WAKANDA AND THE MULTIVERSAL AVENGERS in...THE WAR OF ALL REALITIES.

Now that? Is a story worthy of T'Challa's extreme secrecy. Who agrees?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2021, 03:32:01 pm by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: December 05, 2021, 03:56:28 pm »
I think the overall story is good. For long time readers is just expected based on prior stories. Which is a good thing.

This will probably follow the Gillis path with Tchalla out of favor for a portion of the story than returning to starting position.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5015 on: December 06, 2021, 01:53:56 pm »
Got my copy in the mail and read it a little while ago. I am pleased with the first issue. It seems to me that Ridley is taking some inspiration from the Priest version of the character and I'm happy with that.

I also like how it feels like the first issue remixed Coates' first issue in a way but made some better creative choices. Instead of first seeing T'Challa on his knees, he's in action, and he's in charge of the Avengers. He's not dithering. In Ridley's story there were also two forbidden Wakandan lovers, but the story didn't sideline T'Challa for them, or spiral into a diatribe against the patriarchy. T'Challa took some lumps, but they never seemed to make him lesser. I enjoyed his scenes in the Parliament and outside with Akilii; his dismissiveness and even his arrogance felt organic to me because he was a guy born to rule and had reigned as an absolute monarch.

I also felt his distrust of the Avengers felt right, and not the just happy-to-be there vibe I got from Coates. So far I'm liking the supporting characters for this book, and the villains so far are intriguing enough-not spectacular but hopefully Ridley will stick the landing.

I thought the artwork was quite good, not as good as Marc Bernardin to be fair, but still it worked for me. I'm looking forward to seeing where Ridley takes this.

It just felt good to see Black Panther's main adventures back in the hands of a person who knows how to write superhero comics.

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: December 06, 2021, 02:26:40 pm »
Got my copy in the mail and read it a little while ago. I am pleased with the first issue. It seems to me that Ridley is taking some inspiration from the Priest version of the character and I'm happy with that.

I also like how it feels like the first issue remixed Coates' first issue in a way but made some better creative choices. Instead of first seeing T'Challa on his knees, he's in action, and he's in charge of the Avengers. He's not dithering. In Ridley's story there were also two forbidden Wakandan lovers, but the story didn't sideline T'Challa for them, or spiral into a diatribe against the patriarchy. T'Challa took some lumps, but they never seemed to make him lesser. I enjoyed his scenes in the Parliament and outside with Akilii; his dismissiveness and even his arrogance felt organic to me because he was a guy born to rule and had reigned as an absolute monarch.

I also felt his distrust of the Avengers felt right, and not the just happy-to-be there vibe I got from Coates. So far I'm liking the supporting characters for this book, and the villains so far are intriguing enough-not spectacular but hopefully Ridley will stick the landing.

I thought the artwork was quite good, not as good as Marc Bernardin to be fair, but still it worked for me. I'm looking forward to seeing where Ridley takes this.

It just felt good to see Black Panther's main adventures back in the hands of a person who knows how to write superhero comics.

I liked much of what you mentioned above, as well. I just felt that the primary plot propelling the story...Wakanda has been spying on the world...is insubstantial on a Planck Star level. Of course Wakanda is spying on the outside world, with muuuuch greater reason and justification to do so than any other civilization on 616 Earth. Literally. That's a no-brainer. After Priest BP? That's not even a surprise, because it was revealed that BP was doing that nearly 20 years ago.

Dang. Priest BP was 20 years ago. Let that marinate in our collective akili a minute...

...marination over.

And of course T'Challa "lives for this". He's long proven that he "lives for this". Why is this even a question? Ridley IS NOT writing a YOUNG, INTERNATIONALLY UNPROVEN King T'Challa. This is "I just whooped on Khonshu, I lead The Avengers, faced Captain America in The Phoenix Tournament, and oh yeah it was me who both created the plan and led Wakanda to be the only nation to beat Knull The Symbiote God" T'Challa. Those questions are already answered.

Why is Ridley asking these questions? Why isn't he connecting all the previous BP narratives [ including prose books ] , absorbing them, then spinning his own unique tale from the aggregate seamlessly connected parts? I guarantee you that Ture and I would do that. I know that Redjack...who should be writing BP now... would do that and completely crush all souls and mutilate sales records in the process.

Ridley has established that he can write. That brutha. CAN. WRITE. So why is he taking this particular tact? And why oh why are we facing YET ANOTHER "Wakanda might be destroyed" story? Brethren. WAKANDA IS A INTERSTELLAR EMPIRE SPANNING 5 GALAXIES. LET US ENJOY THE NEW INVINCIBILITY OF WAKANDA. And? Whatever happens on little bitty ole Earth? WAKANDA'S NOT IN JEOPARDY OF EVEN REMOTELY DAMAGING ITS 5 GALAXY WIDE EMPIRE. So. Stop it.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: December 06, 2021, 02:39:54 pm »

I liked much of what you mentioned above, as well. I just felt that the primary plot propelling the story...Wakanda has been spying on the world...is insubstantial on a Planck Star level. Of course Wakanda is spying on the outside world, with muuuuch greater reason and justification to do so than any other civilization on 616 Earth. Literally. That's a no-brainer. After Priest BP? That's not even a surprise, because it was revealed that BP was doing that nearly 20 years ago.

Dang. Priest BP was 20 years ago. Let that marinate in our collective akili a minute...

...marination over.

And of course T'Challa "lives for this". He's long proven that he "lives for this". Why is this even a question? Ridley IS NOT writing a YOUNG, INTERNATIONALLY UNPROVEN King T'Challa. This is "I just whooped on Khonshu, I lead The Avengers, faced Captain America in The Phoenix Tournament, and oh yeah it was me who both created the plan and led Wakanda to be the only nation to beat Knull The Symbiote God" T'Challa. Those questions are already answered.

Why is Ridley asking these questions? Why isn't he connecting all the previous BP narratives [ including prose books ] , absorbing them, then spinning his own unique tale from the aggregate seamlessly connected parts? I guarantee you that Ture and I would do that. I know that Redjack...who should be writing BP now... would do that and completely crush all souls and mutilate sales records in the process.

Ridley has established that he can write. That brutha. CAN. WRITE. So why is he taking this particular tact? And why oh why are we facing YET ANOTHER "Wakanda might be destroyed" story? Brethren. WAKANDA IS A INTERSTELLAR EMPIRE SPANNING 5 GALAXIES. LET US ENJOY THE NEW INVINCIBILITY OF WAKANDA. And? Whatever happens on little bitty ole Earth? WAKANDA'S NOT IN JEOPARDY OF EVEN REMOTELY DAMAGING ITS 5 GALAXY WIDE EMPIRE. So. Stop it.

I think T'Challa proclaiming how much he's into being Black Panther and heroics is a rejoinder to the dour T'Challa from Coates' run. To me, Ridley is politely burying the Coates' version and letting readers know that his T'Challa will like what he's doing and have no problem wanting to be king. That's what I got out of it.

I'm satisfied enough with the first issue to reserve judgment and see where it's going. I think Ridley can be quite good at times, adequate at others, but also off. I've read some of his Batman work and of what I've read it's decent, but hasn't hooked me like the first issue of his Black Panther. That said, I do like how he made his Batman's origin the opposite of Bruce's in some ways, and gave him a nice redemption arc in the process.

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: December 06, 2021, 02:49:22 pm »

...marination over.

I don't think he means physically destroyed. More of a moral wound. But that will depend on whose judging it.
U.N./Avengers will be outraged, but Wakandans shouldn't care.

The empire needs to be destroyed. Its built on everything in opposition to Wakanda. Tchalla should go back in time and stop the initial launch.

Reggie Hudlin-

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: December 06, 2021, 02:55:29 pm »

...marination over.

I think T'Challa proclaiming how much he's into being Black Panther and heroics is a rejoinder to the dour T'Challa from Coates' run. To me, Ridley is politely burying the Coates' version and letting readers know that his T'Challa will like what he's doing and have no problem wanting to be king. That's what I got out of it.

I'm satisfied enough with the first issue to reserve judgment and see where it's going. I think Ridley can be quite good at times, adequate at others, but also off. I've read some of his Batman work and of what I've read it's decent, but hasn't hooked me like the first issue of his Black Panther. That said, I do like how he made his Batman's origin the opposite of Bruce's in some ways, and gave him a nice redemption arc in the process.

TurnCoates didn't write T'Challa. He wrote. T'Chumpa. Inept. Impotent. Tremoring Theta Male and King of Suckaville. And he did a great job at it.

He wrote that caricature of T'Challa until he lifted changed and tailored to his personal tastes my idea of Wakanda Kifalme Ya Nyoka...Wakanda Kingdom of the Stars. I'm not mad he did it, either. One of the best things in his entire run...besides making Shuri The Ancient Future [ should have kept that ] and slightly altering already established uses for Vibranium [ which were rooted in and just extensions of what Priest had Queen Divine Justice do to M'Baku with the Vibranium generators in the soles of her boots; nod to CJP BP and thanks for that, TurnCoates ].

I too enjoyed his scenes with Akili, but these scenes should have been with W'KABI, Queen Mother Ramonda, Shuri, D'Ciggs, or someone like that. Where's Okoye, Battle Mistress Aneka The Elder, etc? They should've been present, too.

And we still need to have Hunter back. Dismissing him as a viable character is a mistake. But. Be that as it may...

...it definitely felt good to see Black Panther's main adventures back in the hands of a person who knows how to write superhero comics; even though that person should have been Redjack.

However. The premise is ludicrous, nearly insubstantial on a Planck Star level, and entirely untrue. It's insulting to our collective intelligence. Stop it. Come up with something much better. And? I don't like the notion of T'Challa withdrawing from The Avengers. He should be able to do allat Avengers stuff AND all the Wakandan stuff. This man administers to a multigalactic Empire on the daily...and effortlessly. He can DEFINITELY manage a team of capes and a small Afrikan nation simultaneously.
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: December 06, 2021, 02:59:42 pm »

...marination over.

I don't think he means physically destroyed. More of a moral wound. But that will depend on whose judging it.

The empire needs to be destroyed. Its built on everything in opposition to Wakanda. Tchalla should go back in time and stop the initial launch.

Or. T'Challa could restructure and redeem The Empire entirely. Making it a wholly in tune with and truly Wakandan Prime creation, a genuine expression of true unsullied Wakandan principle.

As for a moral wound? Really, U.N./Avengers/Ridley? Every major power in the U.N. spies on each other. A quarter of The Avengers roster spies on the other three quarters. I mean...isn't this the same Avengers who count as teammates a collection of the most brilliant and skilled superspies on the planet? What single organization can count Elektra, the various Widows, Mockingbird, Wolverine, Sabertooth [ Uncanny Avengers member ], Cable, Deadpool, both Hawkeyes, Tigra [ super detective and info gatherer, among other things ], and practically every other name superspy in the supercape community among its current active, previous or reserve membership? And 616 Wakanda Prime has been the protector and leading light of humanity since the inception of humanity. There's literally no other civilization on 616 Earth Prime that has a better justification for employing spies than does Wakanda.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 03:05:13 pm by supreme illuminati »
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: December 06, 2021, 03:07:26 pm »

...marination over.

Or. T'Challa could restructure and redeem The Empire entirely. Making it a wholly in tune with and truly Wakandan Prime creation, a genuine expression of true unsullied Wakandan principle.

As for a moral wound? Really, U.N./Avengers/Ridley? Every major power in the U.N. spies on each other. A quarter of The Avengers roster spies on the other three quarters. And 616 Wakanda Prime has been the protector and leading light of humanity since the inception of humanity. There's literally no other civilization on 616 Earth Prime that has a better justification for employing spies than does Wakanda.

But when its uncovered people pretend like their shocked. Remember when those Russian agents were uncovered in D.C.. It was on the news for weeks. But I imagine the CIA has similar plants in Russia.

I dont think its possible to redeem it. The only way is to return all lands to their original holders and pay restitution. At that point the empire is essentially dissolved. Trying to hold on to it, even when trying to do so honorably is a method of excusing the past. At best, he would keep the planets that had no indigenous life and allow people who wanted to remain move to those places under traditional Wakandan values.
Reggie Hudlin-

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: December 07, 2021, 04:43:19 am »

...marination over.

Rereading It get the the same notion that he is politely burying what Coates did. Like you said Coates had T'Challa down on his knees bleeding talking about how he is an orphan King and just general humdrum. Here he is active, he is powerful, he loves for the thrill of adventure and solving problems and handling his business. He is showing a T'Challa who is starkly different from Coates and so far, in all the right ways

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: December 07, 2021, 04:59:56 am »

...marination over.

TurnCoates didn't write T'Challa. He wrote. T'Chumpa. Inept. Impotent. Tremoring Theta Male and King of Suckaville. And he did a great job at it.

He wrote that caricature of T'Challa until he lifted changed and tailored to his personal tastes my idea of Wakanda Kifalme Ya Nyoka...Wakanda Kingdom of the Stars. I'm not mad he did it, either. One of the best things in his entire run...besides making Shuri The Ancient Future [ should have kept that ] and slightly altering already established uses for Vibranium [ which were rooted in and just extensions of what Priest had Queen Divine Justice do to M'Baku with the Vibranium generators in the soles of her boots; nod to CJP BP and thanks for that, TurnCoates ].

I too enjoyed his scenes with Akili, but these scenes should have been with W'KABI, Queen Mother Ramonda, Shuri, D'Ciggs, or someone like that. Where's Okoye, Battle Mistress Aneka The Elder, etc? They should've been present, too.

And we still need to have Hunter back. Dismissing him as a viable character is a mistake. But. Be that as it may...

...it definitely felt good to see Black Panther's main adventures back in the hands of a person who knows how to write superhero comics; even though that person should have been Redjack.

However. The premise is ludicrous, nearly insubstantial on a Planck Star level, and entirely untrue. It's insulting to our collective intelligence. Stop it. Come up with something much better. And? I don't like the notion of T'Challa withdrawing from The Avengers. He should be able to do allat Avengers stuff AND all the Wakandan stuff. This man administers to a multigalactic Empire on the daily...and effortlessly. He can DEFINITELY manage a team of capes and a small Afrikan nation simultaneously.

I'm glad Ridley didn't add all those characters in the first issue that was the problem with Coates. Everyone showed up p and ate panel space at T'Challas expense. Ridley was Smart. He had a few characters show up and kept it moving. Wkabi is dead. Okoye wasn't needed, frankly I'm happy that the HZ got a little more focus as the DM are cannibalizing their lane and they deserve to be fleshed out more. Ramonda wasn't needed, Aneka and ayo can stay forever away.  He did the Right thing. Have some supporting cast and keep it moving.  Keep the focus on T'Challa, which is what we have been asking for since Coates nightmare. Ridley is off to a Good start. There's plenty of time for others to show up

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: December 07, 2021, 09:12:50 am »

...marination over.

I'm glad Ridley didn't add all those characters in the first issue that was the problem with Coates. Everyone showed up p and ate panel space at T'Challas expense. Ridley was Smart. He had a few characters show up and kept it moving. Wkabi is dead. Okoye wasn't needed, frankly I'm happy that the HZ got a little more focus as the DM are cannibalizing their lane and they deserve to be fleshed out more. Ramonda wasn't needed, Aneka and ayo can stay forever away.  He did the Right thing. Have some supporting cast and keep it moving.  Keep the focus on T'Challa, which is what we have been asking for since Coates nightmare. Ridley is off to a Good start. There's plenty of time for others to show up

I feel you on this, because this is a #1, so it's Ridley wading into the waters, but also could be a jumping on point for new readers or readers who are coming back after giving up on Coates (like I largely did). And I can see that Ridley, like just about every creator, wants to put their stamp on their run, and create new characters or things for the mythos. I can see Marvel purposely picking Ridley because of his Hollywood experience, hoping what he creates can easily be adapted to the MCU.

I'm not expecting a Priest or Hudlin restoration necessarily, though it does appear that Ridley's take-so far-is in the Priest vein, and for that, I'm happy to like a main Black Panther issue again, and not just for the art.

I don't think we need to overwhelm readers by bringing everyone back or including everyone in the first issue because that could just be clutter. Further, when it comes to Hunter, I think it was Hudlin that sealed his fate to a great extent, and though he came back under Liss, has he really been revived for later writers? Even in the MCU, his code name was given to Bucky. I do think Hunter is a good character and I wouldn't mind seeing him, but it's not needed in the very first issue. Some of these returns-if they do happen-can be spaced out. Hopefully Ridley will have the same space and leeway that Coates had to tell his stories.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 09:16:24 am by Emperorjones »