Author Topic: BLACK PANTHER COMIC BOOK - Ridley... Believe it or Not - Moratorium in March!  (Read 1472514 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: BLACK PANTHER COMIC BOOK - Ridley's Believe it or Not!
« Reply #5325 on: November 27, 2022, 10:37:12 am »
The problem with Narcisse is a very simple one. He is a Marvel yes man. When left to his own devices he can do quite well. Rise showed alot of potential to his ability to write a competent T'Challa, as did the War for Wakanda DLC for the Avengers game. However, the first M'Baku one shot, and the BP podcast earlier this year showed the other side of That, where whatever marvel says or whatever is the "majority" mindset he will just follow along with it and act like that's the truth.

So if left unencumbered, sure he would be fine. But once big brother marvel says jump, he immediately asks how high 

I didn't know Narcisse was a "Yes Man". Thanks for letting me know, bruh. Didn't Redjack say he rocks with Narcisse, or at least complimented Narcisse? And...not saying that I doubt you, but...can you show me something that helps you think that Narcisse is a "Yes Man"? Like I said, Idk that. And I don't want to big up anyone who's okay with the current deconstruction of T'Challa.

His first M'Baku One shot, where he has T'Challa using the mutants magical ore because "reasons" despite him telling the mutants to f off and Wakanda doesn't want or need their help.

Any interview he has with Coates, there's a BP podcast with Ridley, Hudlin, Jesse Holland and a few others and they all go on this smear campaign against T'Challa, even Hudlin did a little which was disappointing,  with Narcisse is in there yes manning right along with them.

When he is allowed creative freedom he does well, Rise and War for Wakanda being good examples. But the minute he is around anyone who has no love for T'Challa he is right there cheerleading the topic with them.

I don't know what Redjack has said but Narcisse CAN do well, when he isn't being mandated

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: November 28, 2022, 11:38:46 am »
John Ridley's Black Panther Teams With Namor to Fight the Avengers

https://www.cbr.com/john-ridley-black-panther-namor-fight-avengers-marvel/

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: November 30, 2022, 01:07:12 pm »
Marvel celebrates Black History Month with a Wakanda spotlight and special variant covers

http://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-celebrates-black-history-month-with-a-wakanda-spotlight-and-special-variant-covers/

It's Tosin (and his new love interest Kime) vs the Abomination in Wakanda #4

http://www.gamesradar.com/its-tosin-and-his-new-love-interest-kime-vs-the-abomination-in-wakanda-4/

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #5328 on: December 01, 2022, 01:17:36 am »
BLACK HISTORY MONTH SPECIALS...

Marvel celebrates Black History Month with a Wakanda spotlight and special variant covers

http://www.gamesradar.com/marvel-celebrates-black-history-month-with-a-wakanda-spotlight-and-special-variant-covers/

It's Tosin (and his new love interest Kime) vs the Abomination in Wakanda #4

http://www.gamesradar.com/its-tosin-and-his-new-love-interest-kime-vs-the-abomination-in-wakanda-4/
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #5329 on: December 03, 2022, 01:14:26 pm »
The problem with Narcisse is a very simple one. He is a Marvel yes man. When left to his own devices he can do quite well. Rise showed alot of potential to his ability to write a competent T'Challa, as did the War for Wakanda DLC for the Avengers game. However, the first M'Baku one shot, and the BP podcast earlier this year showed the other side of That, where whatever marvel says or whatever is the "majority" mindset he will just follow along with it and act like that's the truth.

So if left unencumbered, sure he would be fine. But once big brother marvel says jump, he immediately asks how high 

I didn't know Narcisse was a "Yes Man". Thanks for letting me know, bruh. Didn't Redjack say he rocks with Narcisse, or at least complimented Narcisse? And...not saying that I doubt you, but...can you show me something that helps you think that Narcisse is a "Yes Man"? Like I said, Idk that. And I don't want to big up anyone who's okay with the current deconstruction of T'Challa.

His first M'Baku One shot, where he has T'Challa using the mutants magical ore because "reasons" despite him telling the mutants to f off and Wakanda doesn't want or need their help.

Any interview he has with Coates, there's a BP podcast with Ridley, Hudlin, Jesse Holland and a few others and they all go on this smear campaign against T'Challa, even Hudlin did a little which was disappointing,  with Narcisse is in there yes manning right along with them.

When he is allowed creative freedom he does well, Rise and War for Wakanda being good examples. But the minute he is around anyone who has no love for T'Challa he is right there cheerleading the topic with them.

I don't know what Redjack has said but Narcisse CAN do well, when he isn't being mandated

My brutha...could you please provide the link where Hudlin is going in even a little bit on BP? That...is utterly staggering.
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: December 04, 2022, 11:22:12 pm »
Honestly I may be exaggerating it a bit, and ultimately it was mild but more so playing into the revisionist history.

I can see if I can find the podcast but basically I'll just give the cliffy notes. Essentially the whole group is going on some revisions about how Shuri is smarter than T'Challa and Hudlin said basically that his Shuri was always smarter than T'Challa (though the comic disproves this multiple times)

It's pretty mild but Still he got sucked into the revisionist T'Challa smear fest

Offline supreme illuminati

• Honorary Wakandan
  • Head Coach Ras, Founder of THE ATACX GYM
    • View Profile
    • A.T.A.C.X. GYM STREET WARRIOR CAPOEIRA
« Reply #5331 on: December 05, 2022, 09:25:23 am »
Honestly I may be exaggerating it a bit, and ultimately it was mild but more so playing into the revisionist history.

I can see if I can find the podcast but basically I'll just give the cliffy notes. Essentially the whole group is going on some revisions about how Shuri is smarter than T'Challa and Hudlin said basically that his Shuri was always smarter than T'Challa (though the comic disproves this multiple times)

It's pretty mild but Still he got sucked into the revisionist T'Challa smear fest

This whole "smarter" thing? Depends on what kinds of intelligences you're measuring, as some intelligences are NOT apples-to-apples comparisons. For example? It's canon for longer and pretty obvious on paper that T'Challa is smarter than Shuri in the IQ areas. But Shuri is likely more capable than T'Challa in some of the EQ areas. Not only is Shuri...and Ramonda, and Storm and maybe even Zanda...likely to score higher than T'Challa in the EQ areas? Women in general score higher than men in general in the EQ areas. So...that's not something to be surprised about, imo.

Which means? That R to the H might be referring to Shuri's EQ superiority. Not IQ or SQ [ read further to find out what SQ is ] superiority. I'm still a bit salty about that distinction not being clearly made, and a bit more salty if R to the H didn't even know about such distinctions. And I'm triple salty at all them other bruthas not making the distinction.

Looking at the IQ category? I triple dog dare some fool to tell me with a straight face that Shuri has a highter Kinesthetic Intelligence than T'Challa does. I will slap said fool with the stacks and decades of comic book feats that decidedly defecate on such notions. I triple dog dare some fool to tell me that they truly think that Shuri outscores T'Challa in Spatial Intelligence. Stop. It. Slappage facial specifics with stacks of and decades of comic book feats to defeat such buffoonery. I triple dog dare some fool to tell me they truly think that Shuri OUTSCORES T'Challa in the Logical/Mathematical IQ category of IQ. Actually OUTSCORES T'Challa. Ties with T'Challa? Ehhhhh...MAYBE.

OUTSCORES T'Challa? I call shenanigans, bullpuckey and buffoonery. Then commence rigorous slappage of yon foolish facial specifics with stacks of and decades of comic book feats to defeat such buffoonery.

With that being said?

If you average the OVERALL ALL abilities that T'Challa AND ANYONE IN THE 616 SUPERCAPE COMMUNITY has in the IQ, EQ, SQ [ Spiritual Quotient ] areas? T'Challa should cook them. Because? That's T'Challa's main and most secret thing. It's also what definitively separates him from Batman, The Midnighter, Doctor Manhattan, Doctor Strange, Doctor Doom, Reed Richards, Tony Starks, Shuri, Storm, Valeria Richards, Lunella Lafayette, Peter Parker, Thanos, The Blue Marvel, etc.

This is the big secret he keeps hidden from everyone. Even in Wakanda. And the things he does to maintain this advantage? Could even potentially set him as an adversary to everyone else, because he literally doesn't trust anyone else to know and do the TOTALITY of what he knows and does.  This great burden, this great responsibility, is also his great tragedy. He doesn't trust anyone else because he can't trust anyone else with this knowledge because doing so saddles them with the responsibilities and consequences that only he can shoulder. For only he is THE KING OF THE DEAD. Notice that even the other T'Challas in other realities ARE NOT Kings of The Dead in their Wakandas? I did.

This knowledge and secrecy is also what propels him into the orbit of such pinnacle extraordinary women as Storm at full power, The Celestial Madonna, full powered Moondragon, and why in my fanfic Kismet/Paragon/Her sought him to mate with, seeing T'Challa as an equal or superior to Him/Adam Warlock. It's why the various Godesses of Evil and Neutral dimensions also see him and attempt to court him as a suitable mate.

The only reason I'm bringing up this whole SQ thing is because most people here grasp this kind of discussion through the narrowed and truncated primarily Euro perspective...when we should be looking at this from the MAAT perspective. I say MAAT because of Bast, Bastet, etc. who are primary in the spiritual lives of T'Challa and Wakanda. Not doing so skips the overwhelming and fundamental role of the components of the soul in this discussion, and we need that from the Alkebulan perspective ONLY for this discussion.

But since the Alkebulan perspective has long encompassed and far exceeds the Euro, Asian, etc perspective? Let's start there.

The term spiritual intelligence and spiritual quotient is mostly attributed to Danah Zohar and Ian Marshall based on their...to Euro psychology, at any rate..."pioneering" book, SQ: Connecting with Our Spiritual Intelligence.

https://www.amazon.com/SQ-Connecting-Our-Spiritual-Intelligence/dp/1582341311

They describe SQ as ‘our most fundamental intelligence. It is what we use to develop our capacity for meaning, vision and value. It allows us to dream and to strive. It underlies the things we believe in and the role our beliefs and values play in the actions that we take. Spiritual intelligence explores how accessing our SQ helps us to live up to our potential for better, more satisfying lives.’

As KING OF THE DEAD, nobody in Wakanda can see T'Challa's SQ. Imo, at any rate. And since Wakanda is the pinnacle Earth civilization and The Black Panther is the pinnacle expression of the pinnacle Earth civilization? I'm finding it hard to see how anybody else can see T'Challa spiritually, either.

And please don't start with Dr. Strange. SPIRITUALLY is NOT the same as SORCEROUSLY, MAGICALLY or MYSTICALLY. Strange might be able to out hocus-pocus T'Challa, but Strange got possessed by Dormammu AND killed by Doom. T'Challa outmaneuvered both of these fell foes. Laughing in their face after he did so.

So how would the above inform the difference between tech designed by Shuri and T'Challa? Shuri would run/conceive of PsiKaTech and experiment with it just to see what happens when she pushes boundaries. T'Challa would conceive of PsiKaTech and experiment with it BECAUSE HE ALREADY KNOWS THE RESULT. HE WOULDN'T PUSH THE BOUNDARIES BECAUSE IF HE HAD TO PUSH THE BOUNDARIES OF A CONCEPT TO ACHIEVE HIS GOAL, THEN HE WOULD LIKELY CONSIDER THE CONCEPT ITSELF INSUFFICIENTLY EFFICIENT AND EFFECTIVE FOR HIS CONSIDERED USE. Both of them are incredibly creative and extemely difficult to either outwit or predict what they'll do next. Don't bother to try to BOTH outwit AND predict what they'll do next...not even they can do that to each other.

However. Shuri imo is a bit more reckless. A bit wilder. At some point? Shuri will essentially do the Princess Panther version of: "Eff it, I'm going for it." T'Challa will not, because he's already entrapped and defeated his opponent...they just don't know it, yet. When the rubber meets the road? Shuri will go TOMB RAIDER on you. T'Challa will not even bother to sniff in derisive condescension as you belatedly discover that right when you thought you got him beat he's long gone SHERLOCK HOLMES "Elementary my dear Watson" on you.

This has both strengths and drawbacks. Both of these siblings can and will do anything. However? Shuri will do it on the spot. T'Challa will think about it first. It's hard to determine if either one of them is being favored by this comparison.

Now. With that being said? T'Challa will whoop off on Shuri h2h. And T'Challa will whoop off on every non-cosmic head in 616 h2h. T'Challa>Shang-Chi h2h, but Shang-Chi>T'Challa in pure gungfu. T'Challa can hotbox with Terrax, Thanos, Thor, Hercules, The Blue Marvel etc h2h and HE'S NOT SUPERHUMAN. NOT. SUPERHUMAN.  I said what I said, I wrote what I wrote. And you read what you read.

At least, that's my take on it...without delving into deeper matters of separation between the two, as found in MAAT and other places.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 09:56:59 am by supreme illuminati »
I AM THAT WHICH GODS,DEMONS,IMMORTALS AND ANGELS FEAR.I AM THAT WHICH PERFECTION ITSELF ASPIRES TO BE
BLACK PANTHER FANFIC:
http://archiveofourown.org/works/663070
Sub my YouTube with the world's first and only viral "capoeira" gun disarm technique: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM5F_qg2oFw

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: December 05, 2022, 12:27:47 pm »
Check it out here. I believe it's also on audible too, there may be some other places you can find it at as well but there are several.

I will warn you, when it gets to certain parts, the amount of revisionist history and nonsense being said can be... Frustrating. Lol.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.marvel.com/amp/articles/podcasts/sixth-episode-breakdown-history-of-marvel-comics-black-panther-podcast

Offline CvilleWakandan

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: December 05, 2022, 03:10:42 pm »
I think you mean episode 4. He says that he wanted her to be better at S.T.E M and if you read the issues(WitBP) she's doing the scientific investigation in the Vb mound. But he never made it an obvious trait in the books so its probably one of those draft ideas that never got fully fleshed out. Because she doesn't do anymore tech stuff until she becomes BP a few years later. So once he got picked up for more issues he probably let the concept slide. Even when she becomes BP, her support team is outfitting her tech.

I'm not even sure if it's a recent interview. He gives the same answers from 10 years ago, but slightly modified.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2022, 03:47:53 pm by CvilleWakandan »
Reggie Hudlin-
 "I think my Panther run traumatized a lot of folks with its explicit blackness.  But you can't win unless you commit to something."

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #5334 on: December 06, 2022, 02:10:06 pm »
Most, if not all the revisionist writing T'Challa the Black Panther has suffered post Hudlin amounts to poor fan fiction. As a matter of technicality the term fan has to be removed.

As I've come to expect from you Supreme, you deliver another well thought out viewpoint that broadens the topic being discussed. Howard Gardener 1983's work entitled Frames of Mind: The Theory of Multiple Intelligences disclosed what he defined as the nine intelligences. Those being Visual-spatial intelligence, Linguistic-verbal intelligence, Mathematical intelligence, Kinesthetic intelligence, Musical intelligence, Interpersonal intelligence, Intrapersonal intelligence, Naturalistic intelligence and Existential intelligence.

Add Mark Oliver's four fundamental intelligences  - IQ (Intelligence Quotient), EQ (Emotional Intelligence), PQ (Physical Intelligence) and SQ (Spiritual Intelligence) from his 2003 book “A Himalayan Trinity” and we get a framework from which to work. I would be remiss if I did not bring up Ra Un Nefer Amen author of over a dozen books dealing with Kemeti spiritual science. He discussed intelligence in two of his works, Medu Neter vol.1 and Maat - The Eleven Laws of God and stated that there are eleven primary intelligences. Ra Un Nefer Amen not only identified intelligences as laws but as deities themselves. This in fact would be more akin to an Afrakan centered perspective regarding such.

Prior to the MCU exporting T'Challa's gifts to Shuri (and others) there was no question of who was the most intelligent across the spectrum of intelligences between the two. In comics T'Challa record of accomplishments reveals his superiority in this regard. The contradictions arise not in comparing T'Challa and Shuri but in the disrespect, dismissal and disregard afforded T'Challa the Black Panther.

T'Challa the Black Panther's EQ would never permit such behavior.

T'Challa the Black Panther's IQ would never have him silent in the background during a high tech conversation that affects Wakanda's future.

This rings a little more accurate.

With regards to T'Challa the Black Panther's SQ we are of the same accord. There is a very clear distinction between ritual practices that develop intuition so to become in sync with the laws of nature, facilitate deity communication and deity possession (spiritual science) and influencing people and events through the manipulation and or perversion of natural forces and the use of the corrupt deceased (magic).

Shuri is T'Challa light. She is extremely capable, as any royal should be but while Shuri has potential, she will never surpass her brother. I've always viewed T'Challa as not only Shuri's brother but as her mentor and teacher... a relationship she both welcomed and respected. I also see T'Challa the Black Panther as more than the composite of Reed's intelligence and scientific mastery; Cap's physical strength and stamina; Tony's vast finances and engineering acumen; Strange's aptitude and abilities; DD's heightened sensibilities and more economic and political power than the 25 most powerful countries on earth. T'Challa the Black Panther is more than all this and it needs to be seen in both comic books and on the big screen otherwise it all goes to waste... and sometimes I think the latter is exactly what some writers actually want.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 09:42:39 pm by Ture »

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: December 07, 2022, 04:28:36 pm »
(Slow clapping, builds to a crescendo!)

Perfect world, Brother’s Ture, SI & Redjack helm all things Black Panther!

True Wakandans Only! running the show

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #5336 on: December 10, 2022, 08:46:57 am »
(Slow clapping, builds to a crescendo!)

Perfect world, Brother’s Ture, SI & Redjack helm all things Black Panther!

True Wakandans Only! running the show

Peace,

Mont

Thank you Mont, I appreciate being included among such esteemed company. While I feel I have a long way to go in developing my writing skills I am replete with ideas... some might even be good. A pity Marvel won't do a Black Panther imprint that is somewhat removed from 616 and MCU. A comic book and animated series dealing with T'Challa the Black Panther unencumbered by past misrepresentations would be stellar.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #5337 on: December 17, 2022, 12:42:11 am »
Is this dude for real or what?!? I mean really???

courtesy of CBR'S KingNomarch

« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 12:45:34 am by Ture »

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: December 17, 2022, 04:57:38 am »
Ridley had T'Challa contradicting himself within panels.

I don't know who this is supposed tombe, but it ain't T'Challa.

Truly it seems as though Ridleys not even trying. This reads like fanfiction... Very BAD fanfiction, like from someone who's in way over their head and thinks things sound cool in their head but don't bother to set any of it up. Just "somehow T'Challa has a best friend who he loves more than ANYONE who has or will ever exist in his 55+ year mythos"

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #5339 on: December 17, 2022, 09:21:24 am »
I mean we had some lows... I thought we reached the bottom with MaBerry. Then came the job in Hell's Kitchen (thank Bast for Liss); the emotional breakdown in Avengers; the flooding of Wakanda; the divorce and disgrace of the marriage. Thought we had reached the bottom but then came Coates arguably the most destructive and deconstructive writer in Panther history. Now we get the insult to the injury with Ridley.

This is how an interrogation goes with the King of Wakanda!

When T'Challa the Black Panther smacks someone they move.

Marvel needs to be made aware through commentary like what we post here at the HEF and by our most powerful move... not purchasing the nonsense they are publishing about the Black Panther.