Author Topic: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther  (Read 623579 times)

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
Preview of issue #5.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 06:19:37 am by The Wakandan »

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
God damnit Coates! I don't want to get excited.... I don't want to be disappointed anymore....

That is more like MCU Panther though... the rage...

God damnit, im gonna get excited and pay for it ain't i?

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
God damnit Coates! I don't want to get excited.... I don't want to be disappointed anymore....

That is more like MCU Panther though... the rage...

God damnit, im gonna get excited and pay for it ain't i?

LOL!

Well, if things turn for the worst, here's one way to numb the pain...

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 07:39:50 am by The Wakandan »

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile
Preview of issue #5.

That's a pretty damn good scene...Coates should've been writing T'Challa a bit closer to THIS when he started.  He's competent, rightfully angry, and even wise and empathic in this scene in regard to his estimation of Eden Farsi and the wakandan men tailored to be bombs.

Actually excited a bit for next issue...hopefully this isn't shown just to see him fall later to Tetu and Zenzi once again...

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
this new guy does action scenes better that Stelfreeze

the non action scenes aren't anywhere near Stelfreeze level though

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile

Chris Sprouse is a veteran and yeah has always been great in his own right.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile

Chris Sprouse is a veteran and yeah has always been great in his own right.

His art overall is on point. It'll do the job till Stelfreeze comes back. Fighting is more fluid under Sprouse's pencils too.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Have them both work on the stuff together lol, Stelfreeze does the art for talking and Sprouse does the action scenes

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
Have them both work on the stuff together lol, Stelfreeze does the art for talking and Sprouse does the action scenes

lol, fine by me ;D

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
This preview just continues the general trend of plot induced stupidity that's permeated this series from the start.

Unless T'Challa knew that the Goon Slam affiliate he invited to punch him, didn't stand a gnats chance of hurting him, sticking his chin out to be punched, was the height of stupidity.

But then, I'm not suprised that a writer who's admitted to not "really being up on action stuff" would actually commit this nonsense to paper.

This coupled with the fact that a Hatut Zeraze had to prevent T'Challa from possibly killing a felled foe, said it all about a character utterly fallen from thematic grace.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
This preview just continues the general trend of plot induced stupidity that's permeated this series from the start.

Unless T'Challa knew that the Goon Slam affiliate he invited to punch him, didn't stand a gnats chance of hurting him, sticking his chin out to be punched, was the height of stupidity.

But then, I'm not suprised that a writer who's admitted to not "really being up on action stuff" would actually commit this nonsense to paper.

This coupled with the fact that a Hatut Zeraze had to prevent T'Challa from possibly killing a felled foe, said it all about a character utterly fallen from thematic grace.

I think it's more so the fact that he is pissed, is s is no different then when T'Challa told the goon in Priest's run he would let him get one free hit on him when he tried to stab him with the knife. Plus this isn't the first time someone stopped T'Challa from killing a foe, Priest's run again shows T'Challa had to be pulled off leave fore he killed him.

I just don't really see anything wrong th the preview that shows anything T'Challa hasn't done before

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
Yeah i'm cool with it. Not a huge deal either way, letting bad guy hit you to show them you are leagues above them is a common action trope.

And, this preview anyway, is a pissed MCU like T'challa.. .having to be held back in the middle of an ass beating is fine by me. t'challa should be willing to kill enemies of the state

Still wish we got more than the force push though... its becoming really, really, really overused lol

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

I think it's more so the fact that he is pissed, is s is no different then when T'Challa told the goon in Priest's run he would let him get one free hit on him when he tried to stab him with the knife. Plus this isn't the first time someone stopped T'Challa from killing a foe, Priest's run again shows T'Challa had to be pulled off leave fore he killed him.

I just don't really see anything wrong th the preview that shows anything T'Challa hasn't done before

Having T'Challa offer a knife wielding goon a one shot chance at incapacitating him in the full knowledge that the knife had a 0% chance of penetrating his Vibranium weaved armor is a far cry from deactivating said armor, and then going on to stupidly stick your chin out on some fired up bravado BS not knowing whether your opponents actual strength levels or abilities.

It was a tactically unsound action written by a writer who really has no understanding of hand-hand-combat.

Did I say at any point, that this is the first time T'Challa been depicted being pulled off of an enemy?

I referenced the Hatut Zeraze physically preventing T'Challa from carring out the Kings justice on the rebel for the simple fact that it further illustrates how far from grace he has fallen for one of the secret police that he had such disdain for, had to remind him of his own humanity.

T'Challa as King, had every right to end that rebel there and then.

Can you imagine any of Namor's troops intervening if the Atlantean monarch was in a similar scenario?

Also as regards Priest's run, T'Challa was actually pulled off of Klaw and not Kraven. (if memory serves correct.)

My points clearly illustrate the error inherent in most of your rebuttal to my previous post.

The devils in the detail.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Yeah i'm cool with it. Not a huge deal either way, letting bad guy hit you to show them you are leagues above them is a common action trope.

And, this preview anyway, is a pissed MCU like T'challa.. .having to be held back in the middle of an ass beating is fine by me. t'challa should be willing to kill enemies of the state

Still wish we got more than the force push though... its becoming really, really, really overused lol

Yea i wanna see some claws, daggers, and all that good stuff.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog

Having T'Challa offer a knife wielding goon a one shot chance at incapacitating him in the full knowledge that the knife had a 0% chance of penetrating his Vibranium weaved armor is a far cry from deactivating said armor, and then going on to stupidly stick your chin out on some fired up bravado BS not knowing whether your opponents actual strength levels or abilities.

It was a tactically unsound action written by a writer who really has no understanding of hand-hand-combat.

Did I say at any point, that this is the first time T'Challa been depicted being pulled off of an enemy?

I referenced the Hatut Zeraze physically preventing T'Challa from carring out the Kings justice on the rebel for the simple fact that it further illustrates how far from grace he has fallen for one of the secret police that he had such disdain for, had to remind him of his own humanity.

T'Challa as King, had every right to end that rebel there and then.

Can you imagine any of Namor's troops intervening if the Atlantean monarch was in a similar scenario?

Also as regards Priest's run, T'Challa was actually pulled off of Klaw and not Kraven. (if memory serves correct.)

My points clearly illustrate the error inherent in most of your rebuttal to my previous post.

The devils in the detail.

avengers pulled him off Kraven

Public stopped him from ending Klaw