Author Topic: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther  (Read 621565 times)

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Preview of issue #5.

Thanks for the advanced preview Wakandan.

While I'll reserve full commentary until I've read the entire issuse... T'Challa battling more red shirts, getting punched so hard that he releases spittle and blood. Using the force way too much on seemingly ordinary opponents. I hope BP is ready to strike a death blow when it comes down to Thanos or Doom.

Potential ups... Maybe Coates will realize T'Challa is super human and acknowledge that his opponents are as well; Wakanda was not conquered nor destroyed by Thanos only the Golden city was ravaged.

Next week tells all.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile
This preview just continues the general trend of plot induced stupidity that's permeated this series from the start.

Unless T'Challa knew that the Goon Slam affiliate he invited to punch him, didn't stand a gnats chance of hurting him, sticking his chin out to be punched, was the height of stupidity.

But then, I'm not suprised that a writer who's admitted to not "really being up on action stuff" would actually commit this nonsense to paper.

This coupled with the fact that a Hatut Zeraze had to prevent T'Challa from possibly killing a felled foe, said it all about a character utterly fallen from thematic grace.

I think it's more so the fact that he is pissed, is s is no different then when T'Challa told the goon in Priest's run he would let him get one free hit on him when he tried to stab him with the knife. Plus this isn't the first time someone stopped T'Challa from killing a foe, Priest's run again shows T'Challa had to be pulled off leave fore he killed him.

I just don't really see anything wrong th the preview that shows anything T'Challa hasn't done before

Having T'Challa offer a knife wielding goon a one shot chance at incapacitating him in the full knowledge that the knife had a 0% chance of penetrating his Vibranium weaved armor is a far cry from deactivating said armor, and then going on to stupidly stick your chin out on some fired up bravado BS not knowing whether your opponents actual strength levels or abilities.

It was a tactically unsound action written by a writer who really has no understanding of hand-hand-combat.

Did I say at any point, that this is the first time T'Challa been depicted being pulled off of an enemy?

I referenced the Hatut Zeraze physically preventing T'Challa from carring out the Kings justice on the rebel for the simple fact that it further illustrates how far from grace he has fallen for one of the secret police that he had such disdain for, had to remind him of his own humanity.

T'Challa as King, had every right to end that rebel there and then.

Can you imagine any of Namor's troops intervening if the Atlantean monarch was in a similar scenario?

Also as regards Priest's run, T'Challa was actually pulled off of Klaw and not Kraven. (if memory serves correct.)

My points clearly illustrate the error inherent in most of your rebuttal to my previous post.

The devils in the detail.

Iron Man actually did stop him in the same way when he was possibly about to kill Kraven in the Priest run.  Think the public stopped him from killing Klaw.

He obviously at this point and even in Hickman's run has a different relationship with the Hatut Zeraze...especially since he still employs them and probably redefined their practices.  And that was Hodari his "general" that attends inner council meetings not a random soldier...someone whom Tchalla obviously trusts.

And I actually could see someone Namor trusts stopping him from killing someone...Namor can be honorable.  But also T'Challa and Namor are very different...thank god.  Where Namor is far more arrogant regarding his will being questioned and T'Challa often shown to be more patient in such matters with those closer to him.

Fully agree though about letting the goons hit him...not certain why that was needed.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 12:38:22 am by A.Curry »

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile
Preview of issue #5.

Thanks for the advanced preview Wakandan.

While I'll reserve full commentary until I've read the entire issuse... T'Challa battling more red shirts, getting punched so hard that he releases spittle and blood. Using the force way too much on seemingly ordinary opponents. I hope BP is ready to strike a death blow when it comes down to Thanos or Doom.

Potential ups... Maybe Coates will realize T'Challa is super human and acknowledge that his opponents are as well; Wakanda was not conquered nor destroyed by Thanos only the Golden city was ravaged.

Next week tells all.

Coates is so involved in telling a "human" story that it's possible he's not paying attention to the superhuman abilities of Tchalla or is just ignoring them.

I think history shows that some writers actually prefer him not to be superhuman...maybe just enhanced but still...

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
T'Challa allowing the rebel to hit him shouting "Yes" is out of character and keeping him in the shadow of Hickman Panther, overly emotional, almost childish, and reckless.  I know his mom got blowed up but he would be even more efficiently ruthless, imo, like how Hudlin Panther dispatched Klaw in WITBP.

Sal's right Brother Ezyo, not comparable to CJP's The Client Panther who was establishing dominance to brook any thought of defiance in a street thug who he was setting up as an informant in the network he was establishing in America.  Every move was calculated for a specific purpose.

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
T'Challa allowing the rebel to hit him shouting "Yes" is out of character and keeping him in the shadow of Hickman Panther, overly emotional, almost childish, and reckless.  I know his mom got blowed up but he would be even more efficiently ruthless, imo, like how Hudlin Panther dispatched Klaw in WITBP.

Sal's right Brother Ezyo, not comparable to CJP's The Client Panther who was establishing dominance to brook any thought of defiance in a street thug who he was setting up as an informant in the network he was establishing in America.  Every move was calculated for a specific purpose.

Peace,

Mont

No.. T'Challa crying about refusing to blow up the planet is over emotional, him screaming with spit on his lips that he is gonna kill Namor s overly emotional.

Hin thinking that the LAST family member and closest person to him got blown up in his face and shedding  tear? Makes way more sense, wwith  him being as pissed as he is about what all just happened. They bombed his people. So hin telling them to nut up and face him isn't occ, neither is giving them a free shot. Same thing to the thug with  knife. Or the thug's that were shooting hin when he was "captured" with  Ross.

There are things to be bothered with in Coates run  I  don't ink this preview is really one of them. It's been more hopefully then any other we have seen, in showing kinda a pissed MCU Panther.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
It's an evolution from Hickman Panther, I'll give you that, but he is far from Priest or Hudlin Panther.  I hope Coates delivers him to a place that we all could be satisfied with, but he ain't there yet.  Inscrutable, cards to the vest T'Challa, knowing Ramonda would recover from her wounds, should have been all business in dispatching these goons who weren't even the master-minds behind the plot.  Giving out free chin checks, naw that ain't T'Challa and you know that for real.

In Reg's WITBP, Klaw took Ramonda hostage and told T'Challa to kill himself.  T'Challa didn't blink in telling him to F# off and promising to kill him, a promise he promptly kept.  Ramonda would not even have T'Challa as King playing the role of avenging soldier, let alone a reckless one.  You know.

Peace,

Mont

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
It's an evolution from Hickman Panther, I'll give you that, but he is far from Priest or Hudlin Panther.  I hope Coates delivers him to a place that we all could be satisfied with, but he ain't there yet.  Inscrutable, cards to the vest T'Challa, knowing Ramonda would recover from her wounds, should have been all business in dispatching these goons who weren't even the master-minds behind the plot.  Giving out free chin checks, naw that ain't T'Challa and you know that for real.

Priest Panther and/or Hudlin Panther won't be making an appearance in this run, based on Coates' interviews and what we've seen so far in the books.

This version may have a few elements of those iterations here and there but for the most part, it'll be different, as we've been seeing in the books.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Priest Panther and/or Hudlin Panther won't be making an appearance in this run, based on Coates' interviews and what we've seen so far in the books.

This version may have a few elements of those iterations here and there but for the most part, it'll be different, as we've been seeing in the books.

Clearly so.  My point is that Coates' T'Challa is an evolving construct currently somewhere on a line between Hickman's  iteration and that of Hudlin's or Priest's.   For my taste he is still too close to the former.  Hopefully Coates will accelerate his version's development and take him to a place on that line which supercedes that found by any of his predecessors.   For me, he ain't there as of this preview!

Peace,

Mont

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile

Clearly so.  My point is that Coates' T'Challa is an evolving construct currently somewhere on a line between Hickman's  iteration and that of Hudlin's or Priest's.   For my taste he is still too close to the former.  Hopefully Coates will accelerate his version's development and take him to a place on that line which supercedes that found by any of his predecessors.   For me, he ain't there as of this preview!

Peace,

Mont

Coates is def using Hickman's T'Challa as a template. We are indeed seeing an evolution of that version in his run so far.

Hopefully Coates' version ends up being something we can look back and have positive thoughts about. Perhaps #5 is the start of that path....or not, lol.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 06:09:15 am by The Wakandan »

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I'm finding it really difficult to comprehend why any self respecting fan of the BP mythos, would be comfortable with Coates take on said mythos to such a degree that they're prepared to pay money for this crap?

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog

Peace,

Mont

Coates is def using Hickman's T'Challa as a template. We are indeed seeing an evolution of that version in his run so far.

Hopefully Coates' version ends up being something we can look back and have positive thoughts about. Perhaps #5 is the start of that path....or not, lol.

What is weird about Hickman is that his Panther had some pretty high highs and some great feats and some times he was pure "im a king, FU" Panther (Absolutely Not).

He just 100% botched the Namor thing, 90% botched the planet blowing up thing, and 100% botched his relationship with Shuri.

And then handwaved two of the T'challas big storylines over 4 years (Namor and Shuri) via TIME JUMPS lol

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I'm too tired to even give phucks anymore.

Never believed I'd live to see where heads would be prepared to support a writer messing up the BP mythos in the hope that said writer would improve over time when said writer came in from jump stating that he did not like said mythos.

Are heads that desperate to see T'Challa on page that they're prepared to roll with this substandard crap?

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile

Peace,

Mont

What is weird about Hickman is that his Panther had some pretty high highs and some great feats and some times he was pure "im a king, FU" Panther (Absolutely Not).

He just 100% botched the Namor thing, 90% botched the planet blowing up thing, and 100% botched his relationship with Shuri.

And then handwaved two of the T'challas big storylines over 4 years (Namor and Shuri) via TIME JUMPS lol

Hickman and his off-panel "resolutions"....*sigh*

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog

Never believed I'd live to see where heads would be prepared to support a writer messing up the BP mythos in the hope that said writer would improve over time when said writer came in from jump stating that he did not like said mythos.

Are heads that desperate to see T'Challa on page that they're prepared to roll with this substandard crap?

I may or may not know a guy who uses Marvel Unlimited + 4chan for his "I ain't supporting that sh*t" comics....

maybe....

a stranger...

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

In terms of BP's Solo, if Coates completely fails the landing then i wont likely stick around for that as its not what i want to see, however, i am atleast going to see this through because at the very least he is starting T'Challa on something and showing a glimmer of a pissed off MCU version Panther given the preview. Also yes this is not at all my favorite BP solo what so ever, but its not a lost cause yet, Coates realized he messed some stuff up and now he has the opportunity with the BP WOW coming out to really buckle down and correct some of his mishaps he had with the first 4 issue.

The Wakandan, MOS, and I are being cautiously hopeful. It would be great if This is the turning point and we start seeing an MCU version T'Challa arising. He isn't there yet, issue 5 preview has shown a vast improvement over what we have seen thus far, he seems more confident, more sure in his resolve and he is on the right path to the Panther we all recognize.. He is on the path but he isn't there yet but he still can be.

Coates admitted there were somethings he wanted to go better in recent interviews, which shows that he heard the negative feedback and possibly even took note that it. I think he is a smart enough guy to realize that his story isn't flawless or that he isn't a noob that needs to make improvements on his story 
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 07:00:02 am by Ezyo »