Author Topic: NEW BLACK PANTHER COMIC BOOK - John Ridley's Inverse interview  (Read 1072452 times)

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
I try, I try. Just trying to bring a lil humor in here, lol.

As am I.  :D

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
On a different note, I picked up Priest's Vol 3 the same day as Issue 1. Did they drop the same day or did I just miss the release of Vol 3? I missed a few Wednesday's so my Box had well over $200 bucks worth of books to pick up....

Not that I needed the Panther collections... Spent forever searching for those single issues....
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 04:26:57 pm by Blanks »

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile
Next time you step out of line and say something utterly stupid/dishonest, I'll be right back on you.

May I suggest one slight amendment. Feel free to argue the idea all day long. If anyone sees something that you consider to be stupid/dishonest, explain, argue, demonstrate, illustrate, etc. why that is so in your view. However, let's avoid denigrating the person promulgating said idea.

It's not a question of playing nice, it's a question of respect. If not for your fellow Heffas-in-conflict, than for the HEF community and your host. We are all guests here.

No shade on the author of the quote above; I expect he meant it in the spirit of refuting faulty ideas. Just a reminder to all. It's all good; let's keep it that way.

No disrespect to you moderator, but the author of the line above refuted NOTHING because he didn't fully understand the argument, made assumptions and implications based on his own subjective and personal feelings about someone he doesn't like, and chose to intentionally misalign, misinterpret, and twist most of the points made due to his own unchecked rage and a very deep and personal bias he continues to hold and has held for years now.  MOST of the things he argued or raged against were never even things directly or indirectly said.

He didn't actually argue or refute the actual points made at all,  nor presented facts or direct answers on what was actually written...but exaggerated versions of the points made that he CHOSE to see so that he could respond in the highly insulting, denigrating, name-calling and disingenuous fashion his posts obviously show.

In other words, he was just looking for an Internet fight...and to show off.

But please make no mistake, he refuted nothing that was actually said, just what he chose to read into.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 07:03:00 pm by A.Curry »

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
On a different note, I picked up Priest's Vol 3 the same day as Issue 1. Did they drop the same day or did I just miss the release of Vol 3? I missed a few Wednesday's so my Box had well over $200 bucks worth of books to pick up....

Not that I needed the Panther collections... Spent forever searching for those single issues....

Yeah, I lost my entire Priest collection in a flood a few years ago. (Glad I kept Kirby and McGregor's runs in the attic.) So I've been recollecting them. I lost Doom War too, but I'm not that sad about that.

Next time you step out of line and say something utterly stupid/dishonest, I'll be right back on you.

May I suggest one slight amendment. Feel free to argue the idea all day long. If anyone sees something that you consider to be stupid/dishonest, explain, argue, demonstrate, illustrate, etc. why that is so in your view. However, let's avoid denigrating the person promulgating said idea.

It's not a question of playing nice, it's a question of respect. If not for your fellow Heffas-in-conflict, than for the HEF community and your host. We are all guests here.

No shade on the author of the quote above; I expect he meant it in the spirit of refuting faulty ideas. Just a reminder to all. It's all good; let's keep it that way.

No disrespect to you moderator, but the author of the line above refuted NOTHING because he didn't fully understand the argument, made assumptions and implications based on his own subjective and personal feelings about someone he doesn't like, and chose to intentionally misalign, misinterpret, and twist most of the points made due to his own unchecked rage and a very deep and personal bias he continues to hold and has held for years now.  MOST of the things he argued or raged against were never even things directly or indirectly said.

He didn't actually argue or refute the actual points made at all,  nor presented facts or direct answers on what was actually written...but exaggerated versions of the points made and hat he CHOSE to see so that he could respond in the highly insulting, denigrating, name-calling and disingenuous fashion his posts obviously show.

In other words, he was just looking for an Internet fight...and to show off.

But please make no mistake, he refuted thing that was actually said, just what he chose to read into.

Yes, yes, yes.

In true conspiracy theorist fashion, "everything that you can't argue is someone misinterpreting and exaggerating everything." You've played that card already. Didn't work, then. Won't work now.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 04:33:08 pm by Booshman »

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile
I try, I try. Just trying to bring a lil humor in here, lol.

As am I.  :D

No you're not...you're continuing to try and be a diva and show off...even after you said our "convo" which was never a convo in the first place but you on an emotional and biased rant arguing points that were never made, was done. 

But I knew you couldn't resist.  Insecure people looking for validation never can.

Offline Booshman

• View Profile

No you're not...you're continuing to try and be a diva and show off...even after you said our "convo" which was never a convo in the first place but you on an emotional and biased rant arguing points that were never made, was done. 

But I knew you couldn't resist.  Insecure people looking for validation never can.

No. I am. As is evident to my previous response to Blanks.

But just to show for everyone that you don't actually read anything at all and are a complete moron, I also said that "when you said something stupid again, I'd be back on you". You even quoted that. But yet somehow you missed that.

Do try to keep up.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 04:39:23 pm by Booshman »

Offline Emperorjones

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
You've been condescending and insulting, so I can't always be civil. But at least I didn't curse you. Can you dish it out and not take it?

Find the quote where I said that black lesbians don't belong in a Black Panther comic. Find the direct quote where I said that. Not your estimation or speculation, but the direct quote.

When I respond to you, you keep saying I'm 'misaligning' or 'refocusing' or whatever. You are basically casting aspersions on me, saying I'm being underhanded, which you have done throughout these conversations. I explained to you why I liked Batwoman. Her race had nothing to do with it. I have said over and over and over I don't want the Ayo and Aneka relationship given priority over Black Panther. If they were two new heterosexual characters I would not want them given priority either.

But let me repeat, I don't endorse homosexuality and I do believe that homosexuality is being promoted or celebrated in the media today. Jason Collins didn't get an invite to the State of the Union because of what he did on the basketball court, he got it for coming out, and that's just one example. Heck, President Obama went to Africa and lectured some Africans about LGBT rights, another example. You can call it inclusion, okay, let's call it that. But its concerted and Coates is doing that here. Of course he has the right to do so, it is a part of black life. My concern is that that will be at the forefront, because it will be more acceptable to whites, than other social, political, and economic issues that are more thornier. It's a safe route, a path of least resistance that possibly could sideline Black Panther. As I've said before, I don't know for certain. It is the first issue. But I am allowed the freedom to speculate. Unless I'm not allowed to do that either.

I said I looked at For Harriet, but I did not look at the site thoroughly, I guess I need to spell it out more directly for you, since you are always looking for something to offend you. You accuse me of being defensive, but for a good deal of these discussions you've been hyperventilating. I should stop responding a while ago, but I did want to understand where you were coming from. I read one article, which I partly agreed with on the site. Now, am I supposed to agree with every article on For Harriet?

Perhaps what you perceive as misaligning is you just not reading comprehensively what I'm writing. Or its getting twisted up in your own mind and self-righteous desire to cape and smite anyone who disagrees with you or you think disagrees with you.

Im being civil now and especially after bluezulu's last post.  Can't you be the bigger man and be civil or at least do as the moderator asked?  Or are you looking for a fight with your "can you dish it out and not take it" schoolyard taunt?  Cause I think I've shown I can take it and give out even more from various posts so far.

And I really don't see how you got me not being "progressive" enough with the whole Batwoman thing cause my post was more about you than me accepting that LGBT is transracial.  Since I'm guessing you can actually read the only other conclusion is that you might be trying to misalign my points...which is a form of redirecting.  I could be wrong though.  And you HAVE been redirecting, which isn't necessarily underhanded but a defense tactic.  Again it's akin to white people bringing up "black on black crime" when we are talking about police brutality on black people.  Bringing up "misandry" when one is talking about "misogyny" like you did is the same thing.

And again, you're not being entirely truthful...you didn't just say that the Ayo and Aneka relationship should not take priority over Black Panther....you said and I quote "this doesn't belong in a Black Panther comic"..that again was a direct quote.  It's supported by the fact you just said that you don't endorse homosexuality...which is your choice and right.  It's my choice and right to challenge that viewpoint. You're "allowed" to do anything you want. I'm allowed to refute and speak on it.

And of course homosexuality is being promoted and celebrated in the media...and it is concerted...though there is a segment of media and even cities that still condones it.  But there's nothing wrong with that because promoting something is a way of gaining acceptance.  A concerted effort focuses it and strengthens the cause.  And just like you "cape" for fighting racism and heterosexual black relationships...others "cape" for that AND these other issues as well.  Like Coates probably does.

So your point?

Sigh...dude...if you think me laughing at you looking at one article on for Harriet and finding it not thorough is me being"offended" or "hyperventilating". You've really got other issues.  I wasn't even looking for you to find it to be thorough.  I was just providing you a source for a question you asked.  And again, who said you had to look at or even agree with EVERY article on the site?  You're projecting again.

Yeah, you should stop responding now...you're flailing about, arguing points that were never there, and obviously still looking, in your polite manner, for a fight. 

Let it go.

But of course, you most likely won't.

Show the direct quote where I  wrote what you accuse me of saying. It's easy to just look up what I've written, the passage where I wrote that, and show me and everyone else that I said that about Aneka and Ayo, show the quote and bust me. But you can't because I didn't say it. I didn't really read much else what you said here because you're just talking hot air now. You got caught out there, you thought you saw something perhaps and just went off, making assumptions and accusations against me, not to mention insults, over something I didn't even write. Doesn't sound very inclusive or progressive of you, now does it? Sounds like you were doing some of that reactionary defensive stuff you accused me of. Projecting much?

And you're recommending that I should stop responding now sounds a lot like you want me to shut up, you want to silence me. Weren't you going on and on about inclusion and other voices being heard? I guess its the voices that you consider valuable or worthy should continue talk.

But one more thing...I've been trying to figure out the best way to explain what I see as a contradiction in your whole progressive, male feminist pose. The 'b' word, as you would surely agree, has been used to denigrate women. So when a man calls another man the 'b' word he is feminizing him, which is meant to be an insult. So, by what you said to me you were attempting to feminize me, calling me 'b-made', which you elaborated on was being soft, and yet you're so down with the feminist cause. Yet when you get angry you resort to using feminizing as an insult. You don't see the contradiction in that, the hypocrisy in that? And the whole idea of seeing a 'soft' dude as lesser, yet you had an issue with 'aggressive masculinity' like a previous post. I don't know if all the ideas swirling around your head due to your books, lectures, and table talk have congealed into anything consistent in your own mind.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 04:43:59 pm by Emperorjones »

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile

-Massive Snippet of Nothing-

(No one really wants to scroll through your ranting nonsense.)

The only person here showing off, for a small fanbase, is you. The rambling and ranting idiot, who has a penchant for writing "Posturing and Long Winded Novels of Nothing." Which is also the proof that you're the main person here who is overly emotional.

There wasn't much to unpack in that empty block of text that you wasted the site's bandwith in typing out to and hosting, but one thing that stood out to me....and is a testament to just how phony you are...is the fact that you resort to the label of  slang as "Coon Speak". Even give you a backdoor and assume that you were referring to someone else, using that label (even if that's not your belief...although it probably is) perfectly outlines just how arrogant and demented you are. It shows just how easily unhinged you can become and how quickly you will abandon your flimsy facade of being "An Enlightened Negro", when you're confronted. Which is why I called you out as being the complete fraud that you are earlier. Because that inevitable slip up is par for the course, with morons of your ilk.

You did the same thing not long after that when you used "diva", in relation to me, as a mocking pejorative. Which is pretty sexist. Again, "So much for your flimsy facade."

You are a hilariously sad little man, and no matter how much you try to mask it with "Thesis Paper Length" posts of teenager level angst, your unfortunate but (unsurprisingly predictable) degenerate nature still shines through.

The rest of your post was just you throwing canned assumptions and one-liners at a dart board, in the hopes that something would stick. Which they didn't, btw.

You're pitiful and all you've done is drag this site down.

That's exactly what it was.

Nothing sexist about the word diva (projection tactic on your part yet again) since it can be a man or a woman who is overly dramatic and seeks attention...it's about a personality not gender...see if you read more feminist stuff and actually was educated in theater you'd know that.  Chris Rock even infamously called himself a diva in an interview.  Kanye West (whom you act very much like) has been called one as well.  Learn things about present day reinterpreted words and cultural shifts involving terms

I maintain, all of your posts before were all assumptions based on hat you think was being "Implied" and what you "seem" to remember and none of it argued or refuted the points that were actually written but what you chose, due to your personal bias and anger clouding your comprehension skills, to see.

And I already called you a sad little man...can you not even now come up with anything original?

Who else is still on here seeking fights and arguing points that were never actually said while still seeking to look like a hero days later and still playing tough from a keyboard?

That would be you.  Delusionally thinking way more highly of yourself than you should.  Per usual.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 09:44:36 pm by A.Curry »

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
This thread is beginning to feel like a sinking boat... Time to abandon ship and start a new thread on BP.

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile

No. I am. As is evident to my previous response to Blanks.

But just to show for everyone that you don't actually read anything at all and are a complete moron, I also said that "when you said something stupid again, I'd be back on you". You even quoted that. But yet somehow you missed that.

Do try to keep up.

Oh I saw that point, but I actually thought you had somewhat of a life and meant another argument and topic at another time.  And dude, with you arguing points that were never actually written, it's questionable if you CAN read...certainly not comprehend.

Because honestly, with your apparent personal and obsessive bias you're going to claim anything in your limited eyes is "stupid" and waste more of this threads time and bandwidth instead of actually dealing with your beef as offered...all to protect some rep on a message board.

But please, continue seeking validation and showing your insecurity while making an unhinged fool of yourself.

« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 04:58:18 pm by A.Curry »

Offline Booshman

• View Profile

Nothing sexist about the word diva (projection tactic on your part yet again) since it can be a man or a woman who is overly dramatic and seeks attention...it's about a personality not gender...see if you read more feminist stuff and actually was educated in theater you'd know that. 

I maintain, all of your posts before were all assumptions based on hat you think was being "Implied" and what you "seem" to remember and none of it argued or refuted the points that were actually written but what you chose, due to your personal bias and anger clouding your comprehension skills, to see.

And I already called you a sad little man...can you not even now come up with anything original?

Who else is still on here seeking fights and arguing points that were never actually said while still seeking to look like a hero days later and still playing tough from a keyboard?

That would be you.  Delusionally thinking way more highly of yourself than you should.  Per usual.

Since Diva since its inception and to this day is still associated with women, by society....it is. If you knew anything about basic linguistics, you would have known that. And I was clearly mocking you by repeating your insult.  But being a perpetual slowpoke, you missed that in your need to rush to spout out more rambling and posturing nonsense.

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
This thread is beginning to feel like a sinking boat... Time to abandon ship and start a new thread on BP.

The unfortunate outcome of when useless "New Blacks" (who call everyone outside of their pathetically rigid and narrow ideology a "Hotep"), invade a place that is outside their comfort zone.

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile

Nothing sexist about the word diva (projection tactic on your part yet again) since it can be a man or a woman who is overly dramatic and seeks attention...it's about a personality not gender...see if you read more feminist stuff and actually was educated in theater you'd know that. 

Since Diva since its inception and to this day is still associated with women, by society....it is. If you knew anything about basic linguistics, you would have known that. And I was clearly mocking you by repeating your insult.  But being a perpetual slowpoke, you missed that in your need to rush to spout out more rambling and posturing nonsense.

Wow...you are such a liar.  You were not mocking me by repeating  my insult, and you questioned my stance on feminism by saying using the word "diva" was sexist.  See, this is what I mean about you and how you totally are dishonest in your rants and misdirect even your own points intentionally.

And if you knew anything about progressive language and how it's used to re interpret the original meanings of things...you'd know what I was talking about.

But probably being some old head stuck in your limited and dated intellectual knowledge...you probably wouldn't know and actually avoid anything new.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 09:46:59 pm by A.Curry »

Offline A.Curry

• View Profile

The unfortunate outcome of when useless "New Blacks" (who call everyone outside of their pathetically rigid and narrow ideology a "Hotep"), invade a place that is outside their comfort zone.

You mean the unfortunate outcome of keyboard warriors who bogart their way into conversations that never addressed them in the first place because of deeply personal and emotional beefs so they can try unsuccessfully to "check" and denigrate someone they simply don't like.

YOU started this as usual and continued even after the moderator asked you to stop...be honest for once and don't blame anyone but yourself.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 05:11:42 pm by A.Curry »

Offline Booshman

• View Profile
Wow...you are such a liar.  You were not mocking me by repeating  my insult...you questioned my stance on feminism by saying using the word "diva" was sexist.  See, this is what I mean about you and how you totally are dishonest in your rants and misdirect even your own points intentionally.

And if you knew anything about progressive language and how it's used to re interpret he original meanings of things...you'd know what I was talking about.

But probably being some old head stuck in your limited and dated intellectual knowledge...you probably wouldn't know and actually avoid anything new.

Mocking you via "sad little man" has nothing to do with me pointing out that you're a phony feminist via your misuse of "diva".  How you could mix up the two is a testament to just how unequipped you are to even keep up with the conversation at hand.