Author Topic: Cosmic Revelations and Enslavement for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther  (Read 615800 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
T'Challa should not be Wakanda's King.  He was KOTD, Shuri was ruling Queen. While it has not been specifically explained, he is apparently King by default since Shuri is presumed dead.  This is but one problem with what Coates is attempting to do; extricate T'Challa and Wakanda from the mess of Time Runs Out, AvX and DoomWar.  I've stated previously that Hickman wrote T'Challa into a corner from which I did not think he could write him out.  Perhaps, even a genius writer cannot?  However, if one must try, then the redemption of T'Challa must come from him fixing the mess he himself has made of Wakanda.  Fixing other countries problems wouldn't do the same for T'Challa.  As disturbing as it is to see a Wakanda full of deviant opportunists is it a completely implausible after effect of the string of catastrophes visited upon Wakanda including T'Challa's betrayal (harboring Namor) and the country's defeat by Thanos and the Black Order in the face of Universal destruction?

For T'Challa to be restored he must restore Wakanda, not save Niganda.  This is the path T'Challa was set upon before Coates assumed the reigns.  So far, T'Challa reads better and looks better, but he still has a lot of room for growth and Wakanda needs saving.  It needs the Black Panther!  Coates needs to deliver.  My two cents.

Peace,

Mont

It was explained how he became King again because Shuri crowned him King before she died. It took me a while after Sw ended to realize it because i was so up in arms at how Hickman just wrote T'Challa as king without any mention of Shuri at all. But then going back it kinda made more sense.

I think the reason for takn about saving Niganda instead of Wakanda (essentially changing the location in Coates Story but keeping  the premise relatively the same) was going off the assumption that Coates would instead follow up on what seemed to be a light at the end of the tunnel Hickman had going on Wakanda with Wakandas youth being alive And the space program being launched.

But I would rather have this story to be honest because I want some closure tonthe crap that has happened and (hopefully) T'Challa takes measures to prevent such a catastrophic event from happening again. And come out a stronger leader and a stronger Wakanda then ever

Bro, if T'Challa reset things to before the first Incursion even occured, there's ZERO reason why Shuri should not be alive and Queen of Wakanda irrespective of whether she passed rulership back to him before Time Ran Out.

We never saw Shuri die on panel so irrespective of whatever nonsense Coates is currently writing the whole premise for his take on BP is complete and utter trash.

To be honest I don't think that's what happened,  marvel has said they reset it so that the final incursion never occurred, and also that he reset it back so that the first never occurred, however it's probably more accurate to say he restored the MU prime and brought back 99.9 percent of the people after the incursions were done. Thane's power might also supercede the time/reality gem power hence why Shuri is stuck in living death.

Also I ask didn't we want Hickman to address the garbage he out Wakanda through? I remember specifically after Sw ended alot of us were pissed about how he tried to simply hand wave everything he did because T'Challa restored everything? That it was a cheap excuse of redemption for Wakanda and T'Challa on top of Having the nerve to put himself as king?

So now That Coates is addressing that excuse we dkbt want it? I would like continuity that say's (for when new fans look up who T'Challa is) hey this crap went down but look at what T'Challa did to prevent such garbage from happening ever again. I don't like the premise of revolts. But if this fixes DW, AvX and TRO then I can atleast see what he plans to do, and address this stuff. 

Offline Blanks

• Publishing my own comics!
    • View Profile
I'm at the point, I wish T'Challa would have reset things for himself back before Doomwar. Spare us all of the tragedies of That tragedy and onward. Hell, if I were T'Challa I would have popped in during AvX, snapped Hopes neck, dipped out, preventing the Phoniex wanting Hope meaning never coming to Earth and no flood. Boom. Instant fix for every lil shot those writers with an agenda against T'Challa did were erased in an instant.

Granted they would still be in print, but forever erased from what really mattered in Panther mythos.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
That would be great for us Blanks, but would not likely do the most to expand T'Challa's fan base.  I get that there is a one time, unprecedented opportunity for Marvel to position T'Challa in a way to be favorably received by existing, non-BP fans and new fans alike.  Despite our protestations they've already chumped him, bringing him low over the last several years since RH's run.  It's past time now that they start bringing him back up, restoring him to a level where he is not only appealing to existing, non-BP fans and new fans, but to us, the existing, long-suffering fan base as well.

T'Challa is Wakanda's chief asset, recognized as the first Black superhero in modern comics, successfully debuted in the MCU with a solo feature in the works.  If it is necessary to break some eggs to make a truly excellent omelette, then Coates needs the leeway to do so in order to restore T'Challa to his station as the Black Panther, avatar of Bast and the lead, even if not the only, architect for Wakanda's restoration.  His T'Challa year one is "in the can" so there is not much we can do to influence how ANUOF will actually turn out.  However, IMO, Coates' T'Challa seems more stable, resolute and more focused on protecting and saving Wakandans.  That is a good thing.  Logic dictates that Coates in authoring a BP solo title would have T'Challa be successful.  Hopefully, along the way, more Wakandans will emerge heroically and represent a formidable supporting cast which will underscore Wakanda's title as the most technologically advanced nation on Earth?

Peace,

Mont

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
That would be great for us Blanks, but would not likely do the most to expand T'Challa's fan base.  I get that there is a one time, unprecedented opportunity for Marvel to position T'Challa in a way to be favorably received by existing, non-BP fans and new fans alike.  Despite our protestations they've already chumped him, bringing him low over the last several years since RH's run.  It's past time now that they start bringing him back up, restoring him to a level where he is not only appealing to existing, non-BP fans and new fans, but to us, the existing, long-suffering fan base as well.

T'Challa is Wakanda's chief asset, recognized as the first Black superhero in modern comics, successfully debuted in the MCU with a solo feature in the works.  If it is necessary to break some eggs to make a truly excellent omelette, then Coates needs the leeway to do so in order to restore T'Challa to his station as the Black Panther, avatar of Bast and the lead, even if not the only, architect for Wakanda's restoration.  His T'Challa year one is "in the can" so there is not much we can do to influence how ANUOF will actually turn out.  However, IMO, Coates' T'Challa seems more stable, resolute and more focused on protecting and saving Wakandans.  That is a good thing.  Logic dictates that Coates in authoring a BP solo title would have T'Challa be successful.  Hopefully, along the way, more Wakandans will emerge heroically and represent a formidable supporting cast which will underscore Wakanda's title as the most technologically advanced nation on Earth?

Peace,

Mont

I get that, but the problem everyone has is that to "restore" T'challa, did he have to taint Wakanda, forever.  This is what I mean.  While Wakanda should never be seen as a utopia of perfect people.  (History has proven that out from the villains that have come from Wakanda, to T'Challa's cousin who was possessed by Cannibal to even Shuri when she was younger.  Even Reggie's introduction of her included some questionable acts of rebellion, before she became serious.)  The Wakandan people aren't perfect, but they are supposed to be an enlightened nation.  This is a line that shouldn't have been crossed.  After this, no one can say, "(Blank) should never show up in Wakanda,"  because something worse already has. 

Rebuilding the nation, restoring BP, doesn't change their past.  This is now part of the fabric of the Wakandan people.  This is now part of the fabric of how the royal family lead the nation. 

Basically, it forgets the premise that Super-heroes (and Wakanda is part of this) are supposed to be better than us/the best of us.  This just made them "us". 

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I get that, but the problem everyone has is that to "restore" T'challa, did he have to taint Wakanda, forever.  This is what I mean.  While Wakanda should never be seen as a utopia of perfect people.  (History has proven that out from the villains that have come from Wakanda, to T'Challa's cousin who was possessed by Cannibal to even Shuri when she was younger.  Even Reggie's introduction of her included some questionable acts of rebellion, before she became serious.)  The Wakandan people aren't perfect, but they are supposed to be an enlightened nation.  This is a line that shouldn't have been crossed.  After this, no one can say, "(Blank) should never show up in Wakanda,"  because something worse already has. 

Rebuilding the nation, restoring BP, doesn't change their past.  This is now part of the fabric of the Wakandan people.  This is now part of the fabric of how the royal family lead the nation. 

Basically, it forgets the premise that Super-heroes (and Wakanda is part of this) are supposed to be better than us/the best of us.  This just made them "us".

I think it is too soon to say Wakanda has been tainted forever.  We don't know enough yet.  Do a hand full of rotten apples mean the orchard will forever be incapable of yielding the most sumptuous fruit in the world?  Or is it possible to cut out an infection and cleanse the entire enterprise?  I agree Wakanda should not be perfect.  All of its people cannot be hyper spiritually enlightened, genius level scientific prodigies and fiercely efficient warriors aspiring to potential ruling class elevation by way of a national meritocracy.  The great thing about Wakanda is that all of this exists, in abundance, within the nation, not in everyone.  Coates has shown us Wakandan opportunists, deviants who would take advantage of their nation's turmoil.  We've also seen unwitting victims of Zenzi's infection.  But a nation, even a BP lead Wakanda, is the sum of its parts more than any one.  The stage is set for action from the best of Wakand's best, possibly two of which (Aneka and Ayo) are already in play, even though, in true comic book fashion, slated to square off initially against Wakanda's very best next issue?  Wakandans must rise, T'Challa must prevail, Coates must deliver.  If done well the Golden City will glisten and Wakanda's reputation will be restored, untainted because only the most technologically advanced and enlightened society on Earth could survive all that has befallen Wakanda and emerge stronger, broken not bowed, infiltrated but still sovereign, beaten but yet unconquered.

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

I think it is too soon to say Wakanda has been tainted forever.  We don't know enough yet.  Do a hand full of rotten apples mean the orchard will forever be incapable of yielding the most sumptuous fruit in the world?  Or is it possible to cut out an infection and cleanse the entire enterprise?  I agree Wakanda should not be perfect.  All of its people cannot be hyper spiritually enlightened, genius level scientific prodigies and fiercely efficient warriors aspiring to potential ruling class elevation by way of a national meritocracy.  The great thing about Wakanda is that all of this exists, in abundance, within the nation, not in everyone.  Coates has shown us Wakandan opportunists, deviants who would take advantage of their nation's turmoil.  We've also seen unwitting victims of Zenzi's infection.  But a nation, even a BP lead Wakanda, is the sum of its parts more than any one.  The stage is set for action from the best of Wakand's best, possibly two of which (Aneka and Ayo) are already in play, even though, in true comic book fashion, slated to square off initially against Wakanda's very best next issue?  Wakandans must rise, T'Challa must prevail, Coates must deliver.  If done well the Golden City will glisten and Wakanda's reputation will be restored, untainted because only the most technologically advanced and enlightened society on Earth could survive all that has befallen Wakanda and emerge stronger, broken not bowed, infiltrated but still sovereign, beaten but yet unconquered.

Peace,

Mont

Good post here. I feel like there is something in store and good things come to those who wait, and I am expecting a big Pay look out from this. Everything is falling into place and its not coincidence

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
I hope you are right Ezyo!  I also hope we don't have to wait too long!?!  No more lip service and off-panel action, the Panther and Wakanda must rise!

Peace,

Mont

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
TOP 300 COMICS ACTUAL--APRIL 2016
Sales Estimates for April Based on Diamond Indexes and Publisher Title Data
Posted by ICv2 on May 16, 2016 @ 9:47 am CT

Top 300 Comics – April 2016
BLACK PANTHER #1
$4.99
MAR

STAR WARS POE DAMERON #1
$4.99
MAR
DARK KNIGHT III MASTER RACE #4
$5.99
DC
STAR WARS SPECIAL C-3PO #1
$4.99
MAR
BATMAN #51
$3.99
DC
GWENPOOL #1
$4.99
MAR
STAR WARS #18
$3.99
MAR
DARTH VADER #19
$3.99
MAR
HARLEY QUINN & SUICIDE SQUAD APRIL FOOLS SPEC #1
$4.99
DC
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #10
$3.99
MAR

It's official. the Black Panther is number one!

for full details
http://icv2.com/articles/markets/view/34493/top-300-comics-actual-april-2016

Not to mention...

'BLACK PANTHER' #1 A MILLION DOLLAR BOOK
Posted by Milton Griepp on May 16, 2016 @ 10:01 pm CT

Sales on Black Panther #1, the first issue of the new Marvel title written by National Book Award winner Ta-Nehisi Coates, were over 250,000, and at the title’s premium $4.99 retail price, the book generated over $1,263,000 in retail sales, according to estimates by ICv2 based on indexes released by Diamond Comic Distributors (see "Top 300 Comics Actual--April 2016").

While million dollar comics aren’t as rare as they used to be (Dark Knight III #1 generated over $2.6 million last November, as a recent high), it’s still an impressive showing, especially for what has historically been a second tier character.  But Marvel had done a great job of introducing the character to broader audiences through Captain America:  Civil War image reveals (see "The Black Panther Unleashed") and trailers, and the publicity surrounding Coates’ involvement has been significant.

Sales are undoubtedly going to drop significantly last month, without the variants and retailer exclusives that helped to drive sales up on #1, so we’ll see where it settles in over time.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2016, 07:13:58 am by Ture »
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Courtesy of Holt  from CBR  forums:
Quote from: Holt;2017514

BLACK PANTHER #5
TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • CHRIS SPROUSE (A)
Cover by BRIAN STELFREEZE
STORY THUS FAR VARIANT BY JOHN CASSADAY
Classic Variant Cover by TBD
Connecting Variant Cover by ESAD RIBIC
Captain America B&W Variant Cover by JIM STERANKO
MARVEL TSUM TSUM TAKEOVER VARIANT COVER BY SARA PICHELLI
KABAM CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS GAME VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
“A SWORD FOR LIONS” STARTS NOW!
• Ta-Nehisi Coates is joined by guest artist and modern master Chris Sprouse for the second arc chronicling the final days of the kingdom of Wakanda!
• As Zenzi and The People poison the citizens of Wakanda against the Black Panther, a cabal of nation-breakers is assembled…
• With his allies dwindling, T’Challa must rely on his elite secret police, the Hatut Zeraze, and fellow Avenger Eden Fesi, a.k.a. Manifold!
• Meanwhile, Shuri’s spirit journeys through The Djalia…but what awaits her there?
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Thoughts? I asked this over kn CBR but aren't there suppose  to be more then 2 Dora Milaje? Or do you think that Coates went the Priest route and reduced the number to two? I kinda liked the set up that  Hickman  had with Shuri and her entourage of Dora Milaje and Hatut Zeraze.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
Courtesy of Holt  from CBR  forums:
Quote from: Holt;2017514

BLACK PANTHER #5
TA-NEHISI COATES (W) • CHRIS SPROUSE (A)
Cover by BRIAN STELFREEZE
STORY THUS FAR VARIANT BY JOHN CASSADAY
Classic Variant Cover by TBD
Connecting Variant Cover by ESAD RIBIC
Captain America B&W Variant Cover by JIM STERANKO
MARVEL TSUM TSUM TAKEOVER VARIANT COVER BY SARA PICHELLI
KABAM CONTEST OF CHAMPIONS GAME VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
“A SWORD FOR LIONS” STARTS NOW!
• Ta-Nehisi Coates is joined by guest artist and modern master Chris Sprouse for the second arc chronicling the final days of the kingdom of Wakanda!
• As Zenzi and The People poison the citizens of Wakanda against the Black Panther, a cabal of nation-breakers is assembled…
• With his allies dwindling, T’Challa must rely on his elite secret police, the Hatut Zeraze, and fellow Avenger Eden Fesi, a.k.a. Manifold!
• Meanwhile, Shuri’s spirit journeys through The Djalia…but what awaits her there?
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Thoughts? I asked this over kn CBR but aren't there suppose  to be more then 2 Dora Milaje? Or do you think that Coates went the Priest route and reduced the number to two? I kinda liked the set up that  Hickman  had with Shuri and her entourage of Dora Milaje and Hatut Zeraze.

I'm curious on that as well. I'm interested in knowing what the other Doras think of what's going on, especially their captain being convicted to death, and Ayo breaking her out. Also wonder what they think of T'Challa and if their opinions of him changed since New Avengers / Time Runs Out.

Offline The Evasive 1

• View Profile
    • My Space Page
Funny. A lot of us wanted an authentic black voice to write Panther and this is what we get. Meanwhile, Panther's best portrayal since forever is being written in Ultimates by Ewing, who has shown to respect Panther more in 5 issues in a shared team book than Panther can get in his solo.

This book is horrible. Normally I judge a book by its third or forth issue, but two issues in... How high the mighty Wakanda has fallen. This is worse than any flood could have ever done to the golden city. Normally, I'm a fan who will wait for a good pay off for a story to conclude, but after seeing Cap 3 already 4 times this past week (let's be honest, while the Cap movies are my favorite Marvel movies, this was mostly for the Panther) and wanting more of a Panther fix, this was a damn near slap in the face.

I dunno. I just.... I dunno. I'm a little numb to this book right now. I'm going to go ahead and pull the this run like I normally would, but I don't think I'll read any more until this arc is finished. Read it all in one setting. Then judge it. But as of now, coming behind Captain America 3, this series is the worst thing ever to expose new readers to the character and his mythos.

agreed, and yes Ultimates is the T'challa I'm familiar with
Yeah, I am getting this feeling of "Oh,no. Not again" with the flow of Coates writing this book. I had such high hopes with a black writer coming on to write this comic, but the truth is he was probably never really a fan of BP, especially if he thought Hickman was great. If he wanted to do Spiderman, it means he was all good what the writers after Hudlin and McDuffie had done. I've been on other forums on the internet and there is a alot of new fans BP has gotten based on Civil War movie.  In fact, I was surprised how many black comic fans didn't know much about T'Challa at all. Alot of the old fans who have followed BP have already been in some debates with folks who are suddenly claiming htey've been with BP from Day 1 but with comments show they don't know much more than what they got off Wikipedia or nothing true to the character at all. The new fans need a real intro of the great character that many of us have followed for years. If this is there introduction to BP, I am frightened. I can see people being turned off and others accepting what is written even if Coates tarnishes the image of T"Challa. I'm trying to give Coates the benefit of the doubt, but if an improvement isn't seen by issue #4 then I won't bee collecting this book and hope that sales will drop enough that Coates or Marvel gets the message and gets a new writer. I guess it proves that just because you get a person of color to write a POC character story doesn't mean they will do that character justice. All your skinfolk are not necessarily your kinfolk.

Well stated post...dont know if the "skinfolk arent kinfolk" quote is fair...I think Coates for better or worse is trying to tell a specific story coming off of what he sees as a post traumatic Wakanda, and though I DEFINITELY have some issues with how he's going about it I dont think his goal is to show disrespect to T'Challa or not show him justice.  Dude has spent his career writing about issues regarding racism against black people in america and so forth...a POC writer isnt always going to take the route all or even most black people or even most black fans of this character agree on...and though I dont think he's trying to show disrespect to the character I can see in a few indirect ways he (and maybe Stelfreeze as the artist too, who im sure is given free reign to draw what he wants) may not even be thinking of. 

Overall, with only 2 issues in, it would have to be explained hopefully at some point how all of this is going on in Wakanda without T'Challa knowing about it or doing anything about it...I agree that is making him look somewhat blind and ineffective.  And the two Dora having to be on the run with one sentenced to death for the crime of killing a mysoginist and possible pedophile seems forced and not overkill.

SPOILERS

the scene with the big soldier, for instance, that threw him down...I can almost guarantee that Coates didnt write that scene but just the inner monologue (which was an excellently written) that was going on during it...I bet he just put in "Tchalla fights to get past soldiers" and Stelfreeze, who I also think invented and is a fan of that "magnetic push" thing, likes drawing it.  I'd like to think that that soldier was superhuman with augments in strength...which is something that shouldve been shown through TChalla's inner monologue while fighting him and being surprised by him...cause a normal human even that size should be no match for Panther.  But again, im betting its something Stelfreeze just drew up for a fight scene that Coates didnt even write in of notice.  And with him being a novice probably didnt even think to question Stelfreeze...whom I admit should know better himself.

It will be interesting to see I admit how new fans especially are going to react to this after a few more issues after coming off the movie...and how sales will be affected...some fans black and white have been drawn to it Im sure just because Coates name is on it..but those fans are coming in without the same expectations of Wakanda and Panther that many old fans have...along with no knowledge of whats come before.  So to them this may all "make sense" and is acceptable and may even be seen as an great read...which in some cases it is but to one who has been a fan of Panther before is highly questionable.

Either way, I think it will be interesting to see where he's going with this, though I agree he needs to show TChalla and Wakanda in a better light...and soon.
I'm well aware of Coates social commentary and literary writings, but as some others have already pointed out, he is not an actual drama or comic entertainment writer. A particular social agenda also seems to be something he is trying to push which kinda makes since knowing his resume. And his praise of Hickman while ignoring Hudlin gave a glimpse of his thoughts on the path forward, at least to me. The "skinfolk ain't always kinfolk" remark was a play on words in exactly just what you yourself just referred to in that a black writer won't always take the route most black fans of a character agree upon. Especially, if that writer may knowingly or unknowingly do the character a disservice. The point is that many of us cried for a writer of color to take back the mantle in expectation that he would write the character in a way that immediately restores T'Challa's former glory. Now that we got that, it seems we're not totally comforted in what Coates has done so far. However, as I said I am still giving him a chance to see what he does....up to a point. Besides, as long as Ewing is writing BP in "The Ultimates" I can still get the T'Challa most of us have been waiting for to return.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 04:34:18 pm by The Evasive 1 »

Offline stanleyballard

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
TOP 300 COMICS ACTUAL--APRIL 2016
Sales Estimates for April Based on Diamond Indexes and Publisher Title Data
Posted by ICv2 on May 16, 2016 @ 9:47 am CT

Top 300 Comics – April 2016

BLACK PANTHER #1
$4.99
MAR

STAR WARS POE DAMERON #1
$4.99
MAR
DARK KNIGHT III MASTER RACE #4
$5.99
DC
STAR WARS SPECIAL C-3PO #1
$4.99
MAR
BATMAN #51
$3.99
DC
GWENPOOL #1
$4.99
MAR
STAR WARS #18
$3.99
MAR
DARTH VADER #19
$3.99
MAR
HARLEY QUINN & SUICIDE SQUAD APRIL FOOLS SPEC #1
$4.99
DC
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #10
$3.99
MAR

It's official. the Black Panther is number one!

for full details
http://icv2.com/articles/markets/view/34493/top-300-comics-actual-april-2016

Not to mention...

'BLACK PANTHER' #1 A MILLION DOLLAR BOOK
Posted by Milton Griepp on May 16, 2016 @ 10:01 pm CT

Sales on Black Panther #1, the first issue of the new Marvel title written by National Book Award winner Ta-Nehisi Coates, were over 250,000, and at the title’s premium $4.99 retail price, the book generated over $1,263,000 in retail sales, according to estimates by ICv2 based on indexes released by Diamond Comic Distributors (see "Top 300 Comics Actual--April 2016").

While million dollar comics aren’t as rare as they used to be (Dark Knight III #1 generated over $2.6 million last November, as a recent high), it’s still an impressive showing, especially for what has historically been a second tier character.  But Marvel had done a great job of introducing the character to broader audiences through Captain America:  Civil War image reveals (see "The Black Panther Unleashed") and trailers, and the publicity surrounding Coates’ involvement has been significant.

Sales are undoubtedly going to drop significantly last month, without the variants and retailer exclusives that helped to drive sales up on #1, so we’ll see where it settles in over time.

Basically the same thing JHU Comics in NYC reported to us....was hard to get the first issue.

Offline Kimoyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Well, judging by the issue #5 solicit, the reclamation of Wakanda is going to take at least two story arcs and is most likely a year long odyssey, requiring outside help!?!  Not encouraging.

Peace,

Mont

Offline Metro

• View Profile
    • Monmouth University
Coates posted an image of the script for issue #12 a couple weeks ago. I expect there will be a minor conflict to bring the renegade Doras back on T'Challa's side around issues 6/7, then the deeper conflict with unfold (probably with a guest appearance or two) with a (hopefully) victorious conclusion in 12.
Dean Walter Greason
The Honors School
Monmouth University
(twitter) @worldprofessor

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Well, judging by the issue #5 solicit, the reclamation of Wakanda is going to take at least two story arcs and is most likely a year long odyssey, requiring outside help!?!  Not encouraging.

Peace,

Mont

Well remember how Coates mentioned BP taken on a Protege? and there was word that the protege may be Manifold? Im thinking thats whats gonna happen so Manifold may become a adopted character into the BP mythos, especially sense i dont think he is being used now that Hickman's done with his story. It depends on what kind of help he is getting as well. If its using manifold as personal travel quickly around Wakanda i dont see that as an issue, Coates said a member from the Ultimates may show up in Wakanda  to which i hope is later down the rode and not in response to him needing their help with the uprising otherwise that would be disappointing. Who knows its still too early to tell and that issue is still probably 3 1/2 months away