Author Topic: Termination and Liberation for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther Finale  (Read 823145 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
BP #2 recap video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXaBwBoZ5l8

I can't wait for this douchebags wretched run to come to an end.

I am still keeping open opinion as these types of stories are hard  on characters. Including us reader's.  Uch better in trade where it all flows better. I more so hope he looks at the success of MCU Panther and applies that o his next arc and takes the feedback from long time fans as well and makes T'Challa go huge next arc.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
Good lookin' Wakandan.

The violence came from outside so why would this nation of warriors turn on themselves? What possible explanation can be given for the Black Panther "the crown"to neglect the women of his country whom are being brutalized and trafficked?
"No  one man. I think the first time its said it simply means this dude you know, shouldn't have all the power.  No one man shall determine our fate."  Coates
What does it mean the second time it's said? What hidden agenda is he plying? I think Coates is missing the mark with who T'Challa is and what kind of nation he leads. Let's see what tomorrow brings.
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
First the good news...

this will be a poster.

Now Black Panther #3... No Spoilers.

Coates is writing a good multi faceted  story, it just not a good multi faceted Black Panther story...yet for those who hang on to idea that he will redeem T'Challa I dare say his agenda does not register that desire. Coates is writing what appears to be a continuity driven tale of the failings of the king of Wakanda and is thus far proving himself not to be a true Black Panther enthusiast.

Obviously he has been informed of the criticisms (especially voiced on this forum) about the mischaracterizations  and outright disrespect The Panther has received post Hudlin yet he continues to build on the flawed foundations of Maberry, Liss (not of his making) the AvX squad Bendis, Fraction, Aaron, Brubaker and last but not least Hickman. This is why I say thus far Coates is not a true enthusiast otherwise he would have retconed, explained and demonstrated how the Black Panther and Wakanda would have handled those situations correctly and show both king and nation in the best light.

While the artwork, coloring and graphics remain stellar we witness the Black Panther being more a costar than the main character as if this were some team book. Coates has T'Challa demonstrating no strategic planning, no real martial arts and no  growth or adaptation to the conflict he is involved in. The greatest grievance Coates has burden T'Challa with is this running notion of neglecting the atrocities his people have and are suffering. With this Coates is on his way to eclisping even Maberry and Hickman in deconstructing and debasing Wakanda and the Black Panther.

Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Coates is the worst thing to have happened to the BP mythos.

I curse the day he was commisioned to write this book.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog

He really is so far.

McGregor beat Txhalla to sh*t but at least world built a great amount.

Hickman tore into tchalla (along with all heroes) but there was at least bright spots, and the threat was universe ending. And he propped up shuri and wakanda

Coates is having tchalla strugglecwith a dam rebellion,  while failing to be any sort of threat mentally or physically, and is dragging wakanda and everything soecial about it through the damn mud.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
The biggest thing right now bugging me is that the people are supposed to be a superhuman terrorist group , yet they look like regular goons, none except Zenzi or Tetu have any power. So watching T'Challa struggling to take them down is also frustrating, especially considering what he faced in TRO and what he is facing in Ultimates. Coates need's to stop relying on Stelfreeze force push And start utilising Wakandan tech that has yet to show its face

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

He really is so far.

Hickman tore into tchalla (along with all heroes) but there was at least bright spots, and the threat was universe ending. And he propped up shuri and wakanda

Coates is having tchalla strugglecwith a dam rebellion,  while failing to be any sort of threat mentally or physically, and is dragging wakanda and everything soecial about it through the damn mud.

Dude has zero respect for T'Challa as a character or, Wakanda as a concept.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog

He really is so far.

Its brutal man.

I am not sure what people really like about TCHALLA in this book.

And the book isn't even good writing IMO. Being poetic/vague does not equal great writing. Coates isn't really explaining anyting. He is writing too much and not writing enough at the same time.

If Tetu/Zenzi goal is to overthrow the king... why the hell did Tetu not end him right then? that would literally END THE LINE of the kings. Shuri is gone for all he knows. T'challa has no heirs. Ramonda isn't even blood wakandan. It would be all over, nothing left to stop him.

We dind't even get ANY explanation why he left him alive. Too busy being vague.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

He really is so far.

Its brutal man.

And the book isn't even good writing IMO. Being poetic/vague does not equal great writing. Coates isn't really explaining anyting. He is writing too much and not writing enough at the same time.

If Tetu/Zenzi goal is to overthrow the king... why the hell did Tetu not end him right then? that would literally END THE LINE of the kings. Shuri is gone for all he knows. T'challa has no heirs. Ramonda isn't even blood wakandan. It would be all over, nothing left to stop him.

We dind't even get ANY explanation why he left him alive. Too busy being vague.

That's what i meant about the story being too scattered. between T'Challa, Shuri, Tetu and the MA all competing for panel time. Whats worse is the MA took up the most panel time and it felt very boring, they are already established enough, they need to now take the back seat a so that other parts of the story (and main character) can flourish and get fleshed out more. I am wondering where Coates is going because it felt like a huge build up issue but we are still very early on in this arc. Unless something big happens within the next two issues i think this issue missed a big opportunity in the capture of Zenzi by T'Challa.

As for Tetu not killing T'challa, maybe he is wanting him to be crucified in public or something. Its all very weird. Right now "The people" do not seem like a superhuman terrorist group in the physical or in the motivation sense. They seem to be being painted more as freedom fighters against a unfit ruler then anything else. I am waiting to see where there superhumans are at.   

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
As for Tetu not killing T'challa, maybe he is wanting him to be crucified in public or something. Its all very weird. Right now "The people" do not seem like a superhuman terrorist group in the physical or in the motivation sense. They seem to be being painted more as freedom fighters against a unfit ruler then anything else. I am waiting to see where there superhumans are at.

I think Tetu will probably try to embarrass T'Challa in public, so that the Wakandan people will lose faith in him and the royal family. To fully defeat T'Challa, the Wakandans have to basically give up on him and the monarchy. From there, there will be a clear power vacuum that The People can fill in.

I think the #4 solicit says there will be a terrorist attack by The People in the Golden City, so based on that, it may explain why Tetu didn't kill T'Challa right then and there.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 12:39:58 pm by The Wakandan »

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
nnothign like trying to escape reality by being dragged back into it with a not even subtle Boko Haram/ISIS comparison.

Offline Booshman

• View Profile

Its brutal man.

That is one of my main gripes with the book. There's just too much damn prose.

"That" and with the series is now being a quarter over, T'challa is still like a 5th or 6th stinger in his own book. Hell! Even the 3rd Blade movie wasn't this awful.

Offline KIP LEWIS

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Its brutal man.

"That" and with the series is now being a quarter over, T'challa is still like a 5th or 6th stinger in his own book. Hell! Even the 3rd Blade movie wasn't this awful.

Decided to lurk over CBR forums... One guy said something I thought was a good point.  For all the complaints about Hickman, he was writing a team book; BP was one of many.  This is supposed to be a BP's solo book; but listening to you guys, it sounds like he still in a team book where he is one of the cast instead of the lead.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 02:08:38 pm by KIP LEWIS »

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog

Its brutal man.

Decided to lurk over CBR forums... One guy said something I thought we a good point.  For all the complaints about Hickman, he was writing a team book; BP was one of many.  This is supposed to be a BP's solo book; but listening to you guys, it sounds like he still in a team book where he is one of the cast instead of the lead.

Coates makes me miss Hickman's T'challa.

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile

Its brutal man.

Decided to lurk over CBR forums... One guy said something I thought we a good point.  For all the complaints about Hickman, he was writing a team book; BP was one of many.  This is supposed to be a BP's solo book; but listening to you guys, it sounds like he still in a team book where he is one of the cast instead of the lead.

Coates makes me miss Hickman's T'challa.

Why?

Coates's T'Challa is the bastard child continuation of Hickman's version.