Author Topic: Termination and Liberation for the Damisa-Sarki Coate's Black Panther Finale  (Read 801937 times)

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Reparations and Revolution for the Damisa-Sarki Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther
« Reply #1200 on: September 01, 2016, 08:05:14 pm »
I've been banned by those idiotic mods over at CBR.

Was that from your post to random4? I didn't see anything ban worthy with your post???

Yes.

The reason they gave for banning me was allegedly for uncivil behaviour in the BP thread so it was definitely to do with Random4.

Has he been banned as well?

Haven't seen a post from them since earlier so it's possible. That's sucks man. I know we had some disagreement a While back but I still respected your opinion and it sucks you got a ban. I really think it's petty for people to report when there was discussion going on

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
Re: Reparations and Revolution for the Damisa-Sarki Ta-Nehisi Coates' Black Panther
« Reply #1201 on: September 01, 2016, 08:10:14 pm »

Was that from your post to random4? I didn't see anything ban worthy with your post???

Yes.

The reason they gave for banning me was allegedly for uncivil behaviour in the BP thread so it was definitely to do with Random4.

Haven't seen a post from them since earlier so it's possible. That's sucks man. I know we had some disagreement a While back but I still respected your opinion and it sucks you got a ban. I really think it's petty for people to report when there was discussion going on

No matter what, you'll always be my brother from another mother so whatever disagreement we had is water under the bridge.

I'm not really bothered with the ban because I spend way to much time on that forum.

It would be cooler if more of us posted religiously over here on HEF as opposed to staying on the CBR plantation.

Offline Ture

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Pya Kule Design Group
« Reply #1202 on: September 01, 2016, 09:44:50 pm »
FINALLY! THE CHAOS HAS COME BACK...HOME.

(To be read with the voice of the great one, the people's champ... The Rock.)
Aesthetics 6250 A.U. - axis afrakan. expression unlimited.
http://pyakule.com/magazine.html
Special Black Panther Edition and more

Offline JRCarter

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: September 01, 2016, 10:00:37 pm »

Yes.

It's a week long ban for me but I'm debating not wasting my time posting on that forum in future.

You have racist individuals like Random4 popping into the BP thread posting disingenuous nonsense and getting away with it but the minute they get called on their bullsh*t, heads like Mind of Shadow and myself get banned.

Do the math.

Thanks for reminding me why I never signed up for an account there.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1204 on: September 02, 2016, 04:57:02 am »
That dude does nothing but post bait threads.

Not even sure if he reads comics tbh

I put him on the ignore list after his last stupid comment

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: September 02, 2016, 05:24:28 am »
Just saw the banning on CBR. The CBR mods cleaned it up reaaaaalllly quickly. It's as if no one talked about it.

The other user got banned as well, FWIW.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: September 02, 2016, 05:29:30 am »
Politics and gender equality

Now religion... f*ck lol

He's def on that "go big, or go home" steeze right now lol.

I'm still hoping that the season will be about Wakanda being thrown to the wolves in TRO. Not sure how religion would tie into that, however. I'll ask him on twitter.

If it was say.. aaron i woukd be like "sweet! Panther, gorilla, lion gid stuff incoming!"

Coates gonna make tchalla concert to Jesus or Allah as panthwr god isnt realistic enough lol

Aaron's a good writer, but his AvX writing scarred me for life, lol. Haven't read an Aaron-written book since then.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1207 on: September 02, 2016, 06:49:08 am »
Politics and gender equality

Now religion... f*ck lol

He's def on that "go big, or go home" steeze right now lol.

I'm still hoping that the season will be about Wakanda being thrown to the wolves in TRO. Not sure how religion would tie into that, however. I'll ask him on twitter.

If it was say.. aaron i woukd be like "sweet! Panther, gorilla, lion gid stuff incoming!"

Coates gonna make tchalla concert to Jesus or Allah as panthwr god isnt realistic enough lol

Aaron's a good writer, but his AvX writing scarred me for life, lol. Haven't read an Aaron-written book since then.

God butcher arc with thor is "greatest arc ever" level.

When hes on, i love aaron

When hes off. Hes a disaster

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: September 02, 2016, 07:21:03 am »
Glad that other poster at CBR got banned. That was uncalled for, Maj didn't deserve a Ban.

Didn't Coates mention that season 2 would address the rest of the world throwing Wakanda to the wolves? To be honest I know some want him off the book and I 150% understand why, but honesty I would rather just want him to turn issue's 6 to 12 on their heads and give us the T'Challa we saw talking with the suicide bomber, who seemed confident, calm, intelligent, and caring of his people. Give us more of that with some kick ass level h2h (as well as his tech, atleast being back the claws and daggers please) against some real opponents. Because of he put in the effort to showcase badass T'Challa, even if he sometimes falters a little bit (within continuity, none of this talking to despots bs) showcasing why T'Challa is among the top 8 smartest people on earth, why Wakanda was unconquered for 10k years, why they are the most technologically and spiritually advanced on earth, and why T'Challa is one you have to be insane, or insanely powerful, to try and take on.
I don't expect it at all, but I would love to be proven wrong by Coates in the fact that I don't believe he will ever Come correct with T'Challa.

As for JA, I see it this way, AvX was ass, SWaD was badass, and the small appearance T'Challa had in OS was good. So when JA wants to, he can write a pretty hardcore Bp.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: September 02, 2016, 09:44:31 am »
Glad that other poster at CBR got banned. That was uncalled for, Maj didn't deserve a Ban.

Didn't Coates mention that season 2 would address the rest of the world throwing Wakanda to the wolves?

Just tweeted Coates about that. Hopefully he replies.

Offline MindofShadow

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
    • Black Panther Fan Blog
« Reply #1210 on: September 02, 2016, 10:13:12 am »
Im just expecting "black panther cult is suppressing other religions" stuff and it will come off horrid imo

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: September 02, 2016, 10:39:41 am »
Im just expecting "black panther cult is suppressing other religions" stuff and it will come off horrid imo

I can actually see him writing about the bold....

...oh boy.

Offline Ezyo

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: September 02, 2016, 12:08:26 pm »
I wonder if he would do that or if we would see a rise in other religions considering in his tweets a while back, he said Bast hasn't been seen in a hot minute

Offline Salustrade

• Honorary Wakandan
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: September 02, 2016, 12:45:44 pm »
That dude does nothing but post bait threads.

Not even sure if he reads comics tbh

I put him on the ignore list after his last stupid comment

Oh, he reads comics alright but it's pretty clear that he has a major issue with characters and readers of color who aren't on that step and fetchit routine.

Just saw the banning on CBR. The CBR mods cleaned it up reaaaaalllly quickly. It's as if no one talked about it.

The other user got banned as well, FWIW.

The CBR mods are on that BS because if they were on the ball, they would have noticed the number of bait threats that idiot's posted on the forum, and dealt with him accordingly.

I slipped up and engaged with a known idiot.

Mistake on my part.

I'll be back on the 09/09/16.

Offline The Wakandan

• View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: September 02, 2016, 12:46:28 pm »
Coates replied to my tweet. His answer below:

Not sure. But it's an undercurrent right now. Will continue to be. And it will have to be addressed. It was a huge betrayal.

Interesting answer. Guess for now, it won't be mentioned directly. Down the line, perhaps?